(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,302 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24302 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 487.
#11951 4 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

zombiyetti - You hang in there and don't sweat all this. If there is one bright silver lining in this whole thing, it's discovering you. The one smart and good thing John did in this whole mess, was bring you on board so we could enjoy your drawings and art. It's pure eye candy. If JJP or Stern does not hire you, they are losing out on a real find. Have fun on the trip and enjoy the show.

I think the issue is about the old saying, "don't hitch yourself to the wrong horse".

#11952 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

What are the chances that 2 potentially interested "executive producers" are in this thread right now!

I thought you were kidding. This is getting crazy.

#11953 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Are we able to get our deposits refunded from you guys we paid directly before paying john the rest of the money?

Scary for cointaker but they are definitely on the hook for any deposits paid to them. Makes this a whole extra level of scumbag from Jpop.

#11954 4 years ago

Unbelievable... I am completely paid for raza and preorder AIW and have nothing to show and while I should be more angry at JPOP, i find myself more frustrated by the pinside quaterbacks. I think the goal of the trolls is to frustrate Bill/pintasia so that everything is lost once again. It feels like cancer in here and maybe a good time for me to get some distance from this thread. Sure doesn't seem like a community interested in furthering pinball.

#11955 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Makes this a whole extra level of scumbag from Jpop.

Not really, it's exactly the same level of "scumbag" if that's the term you want to use. All of the vendors & partners are accountable for the expenses and debt they incurred. That's why so many of us are so uncomfortable with the "license agreement" that Pintasia acquired for themselves.

#11956 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Crow:

I think the goal of the trolls is to frustrate Bill/pintasia so that everything is lost once again.

Trolling? I just don't see it. I'd love to see which posts you think fall into that category. Questioning the new "investors" motives, is hardly trolling. Some transparency on their part would end the questions quickly.

#11957 4 years ago

Oh, to be able to go back 3-4 years and begin a documentary on this game's production and capture all this on film...

#11958 4 years ago

Jim is Applejuice. Orange cloud is his company.

What I heard from Jim, as he also posted here, he was doing dev for john for two years, unpaid toward the end and stopped after 3 months of non payment. I really feel for him for needing to remain quiet this long. That NDA sure looks scary.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=applejuice

Quoted from boo32:

Orange Cloud took over software from applesauce?

#11959 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Oh, to be able to go back 3-4 years and begin a documentary on this game's production and capture all this on film...

I hear you, but something tells me its not too late to start, right now.

#11960 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Trolling? I just don't see it. I'd love to see which posts you think falls into that category. Questioning the new "investors" motives, is hardly trolling. Some transparency on their part would end the questions quickly.

I have not been asked for any payments from these "investors" and the only motive i have seen from them is to bring these pinballs to something other than a dream. I have seen more positive information from them in the past few days than i have seen in months on the blog. So far that is all the transparency I need. I am looking forward to the NW pinball reveal and will make my decision then on how to proceed.

#11961 4 years ago

Here Honch what motives are you questioning? We have been extremely busy I can clear up most anything because some stuff is personal and not mine but shoot, its been a long day

#11962 4 years ago

The agreement or an outline was shared on the owners group on Facebook. Anyone who I spoke with or spoke with me that wanted to know and or what we trying to do was told crystal clear

#11963 4 years ago

no wasn't asking for money from any "customer", the date was a mistake from Johns letter and corrected in the second version by myself. if the 30 days went by with know signed deal I told those involved who I talked to would extend it another 30 days

#11964 4 years ago

I'm not sure why people get so mad about the people questioning Pintasia? It's not hard to understand the skepticism. Here are the facts:

- We've barely known Pintasia 48 hours
- They ask people to sign a no-sue contract
- They were for some reason hand selected BY JPOP HIMSELF

Edit: I should add that while I am skeptical, I would love to see Pintasia or anyone else actually pull a rabbit out of the hat and rescue this situation in a way that at least comes close to making everyone whole.

#11965 4 years ago

again no one had to sign anything it was and always is their prerogative to get a lawyer and go sue john on their own or with whomever they please.

#11966 4 years ago

if a deal could be signed with a manufacturer then I would let all the "customers" and People who he owed, know exactly what the deal was. This is of course a negotiation that is not complete so to answer any questions right through to end is virtually impossible

#11967 4 years ago
Quoted from The_Crow:

I have not been asked for any payments from these "investors" and the only motive i have seen from them is to bring these pinballs to something other than a dream. I have seen more positive information from them in the past few days than i have seen in months on the blog. So far that is all the transparency I need. I am looking forward to the NW pinball reveal and will make my decision then on how to proceed.

Crow it is very strange that you have been around for a few months and your only posts have been to cheerlead this doomed project and chastise those who questioned it.

#11968 4 years ago

wcbrandes: who's posting on the PINTASIA account? an employee? (They said it wasn't you or Ms. Wei)

#11969 4 years ago

I spoke to almost most (apologize to any hadn't as of yet but there were many) Vendors and said they would be treated in no way different than a customer

#11970 4 years ago

a friend who I kindly asked not too as you all know why. He was just upset reading all this accusations etc. Some don't have thick skin

#11971 4 years ago

To the point I really have been keeping the owners group up to date as much as possible and I'm sorry if lacked a bit here however it is seriously 18 hour days to try and put this mess back on track if it ever could be put there

#11972 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

if a deal could be signed with a manufacturer then I would let all the "customers" and People who he owed, know exactly what the deal was. This is of course a negotiation that is not complete so to answer any questions right through to end is virtually impossible

Bill, were you aware of Sabrina's former employer and their criminal activity? And now knowing those connections do you still plan to keep her as a key player in this project?

#11973 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Here Honch what motives are you questioning? We have been extremely busy I can clear up most anything because some stuff is personal and not mine but shoot, its been a long day

I think people just want to know the truth about the possibility of you being involved with ponzi schemes, or people that were involved currently working with you.

#11974 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Crow it is very strange that you have been around for a few months and your only posts have been to cheerlead this doomed project and chastise those who questioned it.

That is not correct at all. I dont feel the need to respond to all sorts of posts for my ego. I have been on pinside a long time and mainly use it as a venue to purchase mods and artwork. I am personally invested in the project so if i want to see a product and that makes me a cheerleader then so be it. It is easy to fling negative comments as you have done to me as an anonymous internet guy.

#11975 4 years ago

if have to wait for bankruptcy I will and I will be on the list to collect pennies like the rest. I also can just buy the IP for a song unless Stern or JJP or another reputable manufacturer wanted to take it. If they did I would bid it up and make them pay to get as much as possible back to all us creditors. This is an option however I felt no the best. I really like being here and going to shows and many have met me over the years none of this is worth ruining what I love over conspiracy theories and thats just what they are because if you really want to do due diligence then go do it on me. I live in Vancouver and do a lot of business contact who you wish and get opinions. I say this not to put you on a wild goose chase however elect a person and I can give them very credible people to call. Ones you won't question.

#11976 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Bill, were you aware of Sabrina's former employer and their criminal activity? And now knowing those connections do you still plan to keep her as a key player in this project?

That is not her former employee it was a favor she did for him thats it. I was not aware no

#11977 4 years ago

i'm here not hiding answering. I work my butt off. This is 18 hour days and I have many other business' to operate as well. I'm sorry for some times tardy responses.

#11978 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

That is not her former employee it was a favor she did for him thats it. I was not aware no

Her former employER was DFRF enterprises, not to mention she is specifically named as a defendant in other ponzi schemes such as:

From IHI to Tedder to Global Investments - OffshoreAlert
http://www.offshorealert.com › Forum › Old Message Board
Each defendant is charged with conspiracy to commit fraud, which carries a ... Sabrina Wei - Director IHI; Leading Minds International

Not just a favor. As a perpetrator.

#11979 4 years ago

oh and the Movie I produced, watch it you will like I guarantee. It was a financial favor to a friend who shall remain nameless, helped her out to get off the ground. You may recognize her name. also a very hard worker and I hope you will watch and we will be seeing more from her

#11980 4 years ago

I do not know what Sabrina did in her past life however she has nothing to do with control of this company as I am the shareholder

#11981 4 years ago

Another excerpt:

" According to the lawsuit, DFRF promised Carter's clients, two Gloucester men who put $80,000 and $100,000 each into the company, annual returns of up to 15 percent on their investments.

“But DFRF’s business income was grossly inadequate to satisfy payments promised to members,” the lawsuit says, adding the Florida-based company has ramped up marketing and recruiting in Massachusetts since mid-2014, which has helped it “obtain tens of millions of dollars” from customers in the state."

#11982 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I do not know what Sabrina did in her past life however she has nothing to do with control of this company as I am the shareholder

You didn't even know she was employed at DFRF?

#11983 4 years ago

I told you you can ask her and if she wants to answer then I will let her do that. Many have met her she is nothing but a nice person with a great head on her shoulders. I think these may be blown out of proportion however like I said don't know enough to comment

#11984 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

You didn't even know she was employed at DFRF?

again no i did not. Are you sure she is?

#11985 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

again no one had to sign anything it was and always is their prerogative to get a lawyer and go sue john on their own or with whomever they please.

Exactly...if anyone thinks they can do better with a lawsuit then nothing is stopping them.

#11986 4 years ago

I think you may be mistaken about being employed at DFRF

#11987 4 years ago

Tedder associate Sabrian Wei working on resume - OffshoreAlert
http://www.offshorealert.com › Forum › Old Message Board
Little history on Sabrina Wei. Director of International Heritage which was a Ponzi scheme that faced action by the SEC. Its leader Stan Van Etten was featured ...

Did you know she was a part of another ponzi scheme as Director of International Heritage?

I mean this is a serial history of ponzi schemes, not a one-off. How did you select her as a business partner? Did you see her resume?

#11988 4 years ago

Gotta go with Ben on this one.

This is my favorite part.

Quoted from benheck:

Gotta star Tom Hulce (Amadeus)

#11989 4 years ago

If you check into me I don't think you will see anything close to being involved in anything even remotely close to any ponzi whatever

#11990 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

If you check into me I don't think you will see anything close to being involved in anything even remotely close to any ponzi whatever

You do understand that you are basically proposing to take over from John's ponzi scheme right? and you just happen to have a serial ponzi scheme professional as a business partner?

#11991 4 years ago

no she was a friend first and foremost and was doing nothing but development here in Vancouver. I was in development as well and still are.

#11992 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Nothing to do with control of the company?

You can understand how some might be concerned though when you listed her as responsible for Finance and Operations?

Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Dear Fellow Zidware Customers,
Pintasia Design Inc. is the Licensee to MG, RAZA and AIW. We want to share with you who we are and why we are here.
Pintasia is a newly formed company set up to bring the best talent in all necessary facets of pinball to produce extraordinary games ready for production:
· Business Development - Bill Brandes: business restructuring, real estate holdings, commodities, investment fund
· Finance & Operations - Sabrina Wei: investment banker, business consultant, Deloitte & Touche alumni
·

Quoted from wcbrandes:

I do not know what Sabrina did in her past life

Assumed you would since you were planning to "bring the best talent in all necessary facets of pinball"

Again, perhaps shes not this infamous Sabrina that others have identified as a serial fraudster. If so, it would probably be in her best interest to clear that up.... If it's really just a coincidence.

#11993 4 years ago

You guys sure know who to bore up a thread with legal bantering. Lets get some hotties involved.

I just put this Dreamteam on retainer for when I win the lottery and my hostile takeover blitzkriegs!

#11994 4 years ago

again one more time she is not a shareholder I am 100%. If i pay her to get things done which she does she has 0 control over anything I do.

#11995 4 years ago

Good lord, we get it. DFRF. OffshoreAlert. Ponzi. It's on the radar.

#11996 4 years ago

ok enough about Sabrina, she can speak for herself now. She has no control over anything in this company she is paid to do the work I have no time doing. She will never have authority to touch a thing I would never let this happen in any of my companies or business'

#11997 4 years ago

Now the show ok you have me there that was embarrassing however it was a business decision and a good one at that. Besides the girl I had to work with was not bad in any way what so ever

#11998 4 years ago

I would say to cut the guy (Bill) some slack. Do you want to see the prototype of MG built or not?

Quoted from wcbrandes:

again one more time she is not a shareholder I am 100%. If i pay her to get things done which she does she has 0 control over anything I do.

#11999 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

It is most concerning that in finding out your Finance & Operations manager has a 15 year history of illegal financial activities you are pretty much OK with that and willing to continue with business as usual. That's not how I would take this info. And you seem to not have even gone into the information and checked it out for yourself? Like... shouldn't you be interested in that sort of thing? As a millionaire business man I might find that a bit more interesting than "well, i'm not involved in any ponzi whatsits so whatever, no big deal."

#12000 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Besides the girl I had to work with was not bad in any way what so ever

Show us the pics you snapped with your iPhone when she wasn't looking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
There are 24302 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside