(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 491.
#11801 8 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

After watching the linked video, I can confirm that it is the same Sabrina Wei. Bill and her attended Pin-A-Go-Go together earlier this month.

Pintasia's rebuttal/spin should be interesting.

#11802 8 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

After watching the linked video, I can confirm that it is the same Sabrina Wei.

If that's true, then *best case*, this is yet another example of incredibly poor judgement displayed by the new ownership.

For those who find the writing in the pastebin link a bit unhinged (and I agree), just these two links should be enough of a red flag to at least raise some questions:

http://behindmlm.com/companies/canada-issues-dfrf-enterprises-investment-fraud-warning/

This whole situation just reeks!

#11803 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Pintasia's rebuttal/spin should be interesting.

You can't make this stuff up!

#11804 8 years ago
Quoted from gcp:

just these two links should be enough of a red flag to at least raise some questions:

You almost couldn't make this shit up. This mess gets stranger everyday.

#11805 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Read my mind while I was posting.

#11806 8 years ago

I still don't care.

Just don't ask me for money in advance. But I was not going to send money in advance for anything anyways. We've been "screwed by one of our own" already, so I'm not trusting anyone.

#11807 8 years ago

I'm not sure I see any problems with having someone involved in a "Global Ponzi Empire" a key person in the formation of a new pinball company?

After reading this, hiring folks from the local horse racetrack (comparatively) seems legit.

#11808 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What makes the most sense is to have applejuice paid up and given a bump to finish what he started. If you don't, you're essentially back at square one.

This seems the quickest path to success.

Everything still hinges on Bill working out some sort of manufacturing contract, and if not then everything is dead in the water anyways.

#11809 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

No kidding, what a hobby. Imagine how many "conspiracy theories" about politics are true. Pretty much most. The biggest barrier is the people who refuse to view the evidence and dismiss it anyway.

#11810 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I still don't care.
Just don't ask me for money in advance. But I was not going to send money in advance for anything anyways. We've been "screwed by one of our own" already, so I'm not trusting anyone.

I don't blame you. Anything less than games shipping would be a non starter for me.

#11811 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm not sure I see any problems with having someone involved in a "Global Ponzi Empire" a key person in the formation of a new pinball company?

"Formation of a new pinball company" would be strange enough. Not sure that accurately summarizes what has happened here.

#11812 8 years ago
Quoted from Mycal:

After watching the linked video, I can confirm that it is the same Sabrina Wei. Bill and her attended Pin-A-Go-Go together earlier this month.

OK, now things are getting interesting ...

#11813 8 years ago

Wow, this thread has now passed the EM's on Craig's List thread for total posts.

Is this the biggest thread on Pinside ever?

#11814 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is this the biggest thread on Pinside ever?

With this latest revelation and an appearance of the prototype at a show, I think it's just getting started.

#11815 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

OK well in that case, to keep it brief for those who haven't read the pastebin (and it cites references) her former company and employer have lost a lawsuit filed against them for running a ponzi scheme and authorities suspect Daniel Fernandez Rojo Filho of being an important money launderer for El Chapo and the Sinaloa drug cartel. Starts to make sense Brandes goes with the godfather as his icon.
Edit: Pastebin relinked for convenience. http://pastebin.com/DE1knCKH
Edit2: I forgot to mention there was actually a RICO lawsuit filed against DFRF Enterprises in Massachusetts

Could this POSSIBLY get any more strange??

#11816 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Could this POSSIBLY get any more strange??

This thread definitely has my attention.

#11817 8 years ago

People are acting like these NEW people took $1M of our money and ran their business into the ground.

So far they haven't asked me for anything, other than a bit of time. Talk about spinning your wheels.

If there was a round of crowd funding happening, then their background and character could be put under the microscope. Right now it makes no sense to scream bloody murder about it other than for the sake of drama alone.

#11818 8 years ago

If John had shown those videos two weeks ago, he would have bought himself another year.

But, if he's out of money and can't cover rent (a/c, heat, etc) then he still would have had to do something. I wonder if that's why he was going to try and accept another AIW deposit. To buy himself another month or two.

Really such a shame.

#11819 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

People are acting like these NEW people took $1M of our money and ran their business into the ground.
So far they haven't asked me for anything, other than a bit of time. Talk about spinning your wheels.
If there was a round of crowd funding happening, then their background and character could be put under the microscope. Right now it makes no sense to scream bloody murder about it other than for the sake of drama alone.

Go back and read the letter from John, they were trying to get legally binding contracts out and force people to commit to purchasing with only a few days to act. That got kaiboshed because people laughed in their faces, but you can bet 100% that the plan is still to collect the rest of the preorder $.

#11820 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Go back and read the letter from John, they were trying to get legally binding contracts out and force people to commit to purchasing with only a few days to act. That got kaiboshed because people laughed in their faces, but you can bet 100% that the plan is still to collect the rest of the preorder $.

Ok, thank you for your crack sleuthing. I will consider myself warned.

#11821 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I agree but man if a fraction of that rambling Rico stuff is true; I would expect my pin to be cod.

#11822 8 years ago

It looks to me like Sabrina might have the money and contacts to get this done.

#11823 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

To be fair, these days they won't even give young businesspeople their junior capitalist merit badges until they've faced at least a few racketeering charges.

#11824 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

If that is the case they won't need to collect pre-orders. I am all for paying for something that's built and shipping.

#11825 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ok, thank you for your crack sleuthing. I will consider myself warned.

I wouldn't be TOO snarky to the guy. Don't you wish you were warned before you sent these last multiple thousands to JP?

Plus it looks like he was right with his Sabrina "inquiry"... however that will affect anything.

#11826 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Or she has identified a group of wealthy investors who have a past history of throwing money at a dream and now one of the many faces of DFRF Enterprises is a pinball company.

Did you guys look at the many DFRF Enterprises videos?

#11827 8 years ago

I kinda like the new guys.

If I can pay for a single game, and get two games back - or if they can give me 15% of the value of my game back to me every year.. I'm in!

#11828 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

The fact that it's possible should give you pause.

It does... but I make a clear distinction between suspect... and claim or state as fact. (and then go and back off when challenged... but the impact is already made.. mission accomplished).

Unfortunately that is self-control many seem to lack online.

#11829 8 years ago

Looking forward to seeing a playable game. If it's good and bill works out the details . I'll put $1000 down and pay the rest when my game is built.

#11830 8 years ago

This is one Hell of a book being written. Intrigue, wall street, back door deals,and money laundering. All we need is a body!

#11831 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This is one Hell of a book being written. Intrigue, wall street, back door deals,and money laundering. All we need is a body!

Hope it's not mine.

#11832 8 years ago
#11833 8 years ago

hahahaha I recognize this Sabrina Wei woman. I did the sunday pinball school at PAGG and she was in my group. I taught her how to nudge and slide save.

#11834 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

hahahaha I recognize this Sabrina Wei woman. I did the sunday pinball school at PAGG and she was in my group. I taught her how to nudge and slide save.

You should of taught her how to post on here too.

#11835 8 years ago

Maybe we all took the "Lebowski" reveal to mean the pinball machine reveal vs a story that was about to unfold, a story about a fella named John. There was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense to me

#11836 8 years ago

Pintasia got some explaining to do.

#11837 8 years ago

Has anybody, with $ on preorders, been to the Zidware location in the past 3 months?

#11838 8 years ago

So is that really the person in those stories/videos because the Pintasia person seemed to imply it was not?

#11839 8 years ago

The video looks like a combination of Ron Jeremy Extenze™ and Japanese Pearl Cream™ Infomercials.

#11840 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Has anybody, with $ on preorders, been to the Zidware location in the past 3 months?

Does anybody know when John's lease is up? Somebody said they saw him packing up a pinball machine, I wonder if he's moving everything out. Seems likely given the rush of things happening before the end of the month. I'm thinking it's more important for somebody to check the place out this weekend, rather than if someone's been there in the past 3 months.

#11841 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The video looks like a combination of Ron Jeremy Extenze™ and Japanese Pearl Cream™ Infomercials.

You sound like you speak from experience here!

#11842 8 years ago

Pintasia code name"Lucy"

#11843 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

So is that really the person in those stories/videos because the Pintasia person seemed to imply it was not?

Yes, it is the same person. Multiple people have seen her in person and can identify her.

#11844 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

PDXMonkey

#11845 8 years ago

Doesn't Greg know some TV people.

For crying out loud, pinball crazy town could be a hit reality show

They have a freaking comic book store show

This has it all!!!

#11846 8 years ago

Yea, all we had to do was get TLC to sign John for a show.

#11847 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I wonder how he would structure their NDA.

#11848 8 years ago

Shake the Pinside tree and see what falls out into the yard

You got your stoners, your drunkards, your bible thumpers, prison inmates and guards....

I'm a whiskey shot on Saturday night, I'm a long lost prodigal son

I'm a prayer on Sunday morn, when all the hymns are sung

We're a little bit hallelujah....hell yeah what's it to ya

You'd be crazy too my friend with all of this running through ya

To make it taste good you gotta get a lotta spices in the room

That's what I love about Pinside, it's a little bit of em all!

Roger Creager

#11849 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

I believe so. In my pinball school class she said "we came all the way from Canada". That's what tipped me off it might be her: Canada, Asian Name, Female, Pinball, Pin a Go Go. That venn diagram has very little intersection...

Plus I heard from someone about the JPOP rescue deal at the show, a few days before you all heard about it here.

I only saw the FHRM or whatever vid, but that's definitely her.

#11850 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Would you believe me if I told you a production company came out (over a year ago)and shot a sizzle reel at John's for that very thing? I came out for it...And now I'll exit with 'Come to the Magic Girl Area of NW Pinball Show and I'll tell you more!'

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/237 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.