(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 487.
#11551 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

https://m.facebook.com/john.popadiuk?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjohn.popadiuk&feed_ufi=comments
Some real defenders on Facebook.
So it was the 'bad advice' we gave John that caused this mess, and pinsiders are a 'pack of dogs' Unbelievable:
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

The "John is the victim" narrative. No doubt the same kinds of people John is surrounding himself with now, since he isn't talking to anyone else.

#11552 4 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

I mean, Wizard Blocks is in the archive too...

Yeah, but unlike Magic Girl I've played Wizard Blocks. It's more real with a whitewood playfield than anything Zidware has done so far.

#11553 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

3k for each mold, fixtures and materials, not per full set. each mold makes 2 parts, 4 parts needed for this pin project. WC you know my numbers are good and tight! and i doubt anyone else could of pulled this off on a whim with nothing down and this fast

I know that's why I said damn you John , as there are many molds for the game especially when spiral has to be done in two different molds but hey you pulled it off and believe me there has been more decisions and work done in last 4 weeks than last two years. Big thank you pimp now go get that game for me I'm expecting at NW meeting!

#11554 4 years ago

Anxiously awaiting "update threads"...

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG
#11555 4 years ago

From the Pinside archive, as of right now:

"Magic Girl is a pinball machine from February 2017, manufactured by Zidware Pinball USA."

I thought that said a different year this morning and has just been changed, maybe not.

Man, I would sure love to borrow Pinside's timemachine.

#11556 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This way he comes out as the hero *and* gets his game.
"Sorry guys, I really tried to make it happen!"

So what ? At least he took action, made things happen and in the end will have sunk more money in then anybody else. If this goes sour, I really wouldn’t mind if Bill turns out to be the new owner of a working proto after all this ... It’s not like you we’re getting a pinball before Bill stepped in, so what’s the difference then ?

#11557 4 years ago
Quoted from Avatar:

So what ? At least he took action, made things happen and in the end will have sunk more money in then anybody else.

If anyone deserves the one flipping game it's applejuice - I think he's got more sunk into this than anyone else at this point, except maybe Cointaker or GLM, but neither of them risked bankruptcy.

#11558 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If anyone deserves the one flipping game it's applejuice - I think he's got more sunk into this than anyone else at this point, except maybe Cointaker or GLM, but neither of them risked bankruptcy.

That’s another view I didn’t think about yet.

#11559 4 years ago

I just wanted to clarify my post above, John should have figured he needed ~$1M to *BUILD* the 2 games, that means the physical buying parts (BOM) and assembly and code of 26 MG and 124 RAZA (total of 150 games)

That would put the BOM + assembly + code at ~$6,600/game.

John should have factored that **Future cost** (or cost he needed to complete his end of the contract) so that if he still was yet to collect ~$500K in the future, he needs to save $500K from his initial haul.

That means if he collected $1,000,000 he needed to keep a reserve of $500K.

He's almost 49 months and he doesn't even have a prototype (I know people say they have seen it, people also have seen Big Foot, I have not seen either.)

I would strongly (STRONGLY) suggest to the new people, get some video now. Real footage of the prototype and post it ASAP. If you can't post a video today or tomorrow, I doubt there is a flipping game at all.

#11560 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If it all falls apart the game should (and likely will) end up as just one more asset to be auction off in the Zidware bankruptcy. Who knows, if Pintasia actually gets it shooting decently it could bring more than the entire IP package at auction!

#11561 4 years ago
Quoted from TheZohan:

From the Pinside archive, as of right now:
"Magic Girl is a pinball machine from February 2017, manufactured by Zidware Pinball USA."
I thought that said a different year this morning and has just been changed, maybe not.
Man, I would sure love to borrow Pinside's timemachine.

For any game that is not released, the year should show "????". Also, there should not be a production quantity assigned... instead it should say "in development" or "TBD".

#11562 4 years ago

Thanks Avatar won't engage with this stuff, however will have sunk over 100k in resources to get this thing finished and too the NW show. I said it's everyone's who have lost to Zidware...or donate to Vegas for all to see I don't mind, not my decision. This is worst case scenario, best is we get produced and filter profits back to help get everyone whole with a machine that Zidware should have gotten to us in the first place. Not looking for accolades just giving something back to what has made me happy most my life...pinball. Appreciate all those brothers who have stepped up as well we have some amazing people in this community and it wont be over shadowed by the few who have given it a black eye. All we can do is our best.

#11563 4 years ago

Is there a FAQ yet?

a) What's the estimated cost to finish the single prototype game that you plan at showing at conventions? (You might want to factor in the cost of travel and convention attendance, along with any expenses and salaries you're paying yourselves.)

b) How much did it cost to license the game from Zidware? How much does Zidware get per game if the game goes to production?

c) How much money is there left of the pre-order deposits/payments?

d) How much money is uncollected (the quoted price of the games minus pre-order payments)?

e) How much unpaid money is owed to existing manufacturers, suppliers, contractors?

f) What's the estimated cost to go from a showable prototype to a machine that's ready to manufacture?

g) What's the estimated cost to build a single machine?

The way I see it, the investors stand to lose everything they're putting in if the game never goes to production, and even if it does they're not guaranteed a return on their investment. Assuming they can build a finished game that is ready for production, where does the money to build it come from? Can this game be built with existing funds and the remaining unpaid balances of pre-orders? If not, the money to build this game is going to have to come from an investor willing to risk a lot of money or from new buyers who are willing to risk their pre-order payments. With the history of this game and other pre-order shenanigans, how many people are going to send in pre-order deposits for a game created by an exiled designer and being built by a clandestine group with little or no applicable credit to it's name? People were originally on board with this high (possibly over-) priced game because it was a limited edition game, being built by a respected designer. Neither of those things are really selling points anymore.

The only way I see a prototype generating enough pre-order interest, is if it gives free bl0wjob$.

Oh, and it looks like there's a new built-in "Fraudster-bot" on Pinside that sends you private message alerts. It asked me to post the following "information". [1] Make of it what you will. I managed to make it about halfway through before I lost interest. IMHO, there doesn't need to be a nefarious angle behind the new "Pintasia Group". This game is already sunk, and to keep stringing people along and potentially involving additional investors suckers is just adding insult to injury.

[1] http://pastebin.com/DE1knCKH

homer_lie.jpg
#11564 4 years ago

I am sorry for you guys in this mess John made.

>>>>>On Facebook someone typed these words: J Popaduke is one of the most honorable men you will ever meet.

I can't make this stuff up people.

#11565 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Thanks Avatar won't engage with this stuff, however will have sunk over 100k in resources to get this thing finished and too the NW show. I said it's everyone's who have lost to Zidware...or donate to Vegas for all to see I don't mind, not my decision. This is worst case scenario, best is we get produced and filter profits back to help get everyone whole and a machine that Zidware should have gotten to us in the first place. Not looking for accolades just giving something back to what has made me happy most my life...pinball. Appreciate all those brothers who have stepped up as well we have some amazing people in this community and it wont be over shadowed by the few who have given it a black eye. All we can do is our best.

Bill, I'm curious what is eating up that $100k? I ask only because we have been told the prototype was flipping. I know the ramps were a cost. I'm sure transport to the show adds in. Is some of that seed money going to vendors?

I appreciate how you have taken everything in stride. As you can guess, many are skeptical of everything associated with this project. I sincerely hope you are successful.

#11566 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Bill, I'm curious what is eating up that $100k? I ask only because we have been told the prototype was flipping.

2009_11_23 Dead Horse Theory.jpg

#11567 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What is that current state? The faster we know it the better. Because if we wait for the show, and there's a lot of "all this for THAT?", there is probably no recovery from that.
Expectations have been repeatedly set HIGH because we've been told time and time again from people "inside" that the game is "near complete", yada yada.. So if it's anything less than that, that better be disclosed quick as a way of getting ahead of another shit storm.

If they are using the code that I wrote and was in place when I exited the project in May 2014 (v0.7.10) then there should be the following in place.

• base game play
• ball save
• bonus
• skillshot
• jets
• upper lanes
• up post
• magic letters
• lion saw
• newton ball
• owl target
• potion letters
• magic shop/scoop
• loops
• center spinner
• center lock
• centre targets
• spiral ramp
• wand ramps
• lock
• multiball
• jackpots
• quick multiball
• telsa subway
• mini magnet playfield
• jinx motor
• attract
• service mode with tests, audits, settings, coin door open

I'm not saying any of these items are finished , just that they should have rules, score, graphics, text, sounds. The ramps and main multiball lock situation is alittle unknown as I was still working on this stuff before I stopped and didn't have all the divertor mechs in place ( on my prototype ) to be able to move the ball to the rhs ramp exit and the magnet locks were still being tweaked.

#11568 4 years ago

There seems to be many conflicting uses of the terms license, asset and liability here. If I understand the last 11500+ posts, it seems Wc and group at Pintasia have bought a license to build games. They are borrowing MG from Zidware to complete a working prototype to be at the NW pinball show to see if there is interest - from pre-order buyers to stay in and from potential new orders to bring the MG production run to 199. A license doesn't not mean Pintasia buys any part of Zidware. Assets would include any physical or virtual parts of the game (hardware and software, including data in design files) - so they get none of that. They don't inherit the IOU's of deposits that have been made (so no liabilities) nor any liabilities to vendors (which seems like there is a lot of open invoices to many/all vendors of programming, parts, art work, etc.). What we are all struggling to understand is that many of the liabilities are outstanding accounts payable - so where is all the cash? - if you didn't pay any invoices, and you only leased space and machines - there should be a lot of cash in paypal.
For simplicity though - lets assume all the cash went to leases and salary - and Zidware has nothing except a shelf of parts and a few cabinets/playfields/boards that appear to total maybe 3 machines in total.

So that would inform everyone with a Zidware accounts payable claim(i.e. unpaid vendors, service providers and customers with deposits) on what decision to make. If there are $0 in assets, except the game going to NW pinball, plus some parts, you could split that by your deposit/total deposits.

All the civil complaints and suing for money back, may win judgements, but I would say if $0 cash to pay you, then Zidware/John will not be able to pay, and collection agencies will need to be hired (by each depositor?). In bankruptcy, there would be large costs of discovery, and net payout to investors after legal and discovery expenses, would be very low or zero.

I think the only logical decision left, is to give Bill and group the 33 days until June 30, before deciding whether or not to transfer your deposit claim to Bill in the form of Pintasia credits. If you don't transfer your deposit claim to Pintasia - you are trying to get $ out of a stone (or you can bet on the chance of there being some $cash - but know that is will be depleted by claims, legal fees, judgements and collection costs) .

If you transfer your deposit claim in exchange for Pintasia credits - then you have to give up your right to sue in order for Pintasia to honor those credits (which MAY worthless). Those credits are the only thing I see that might have value to you as a depositor.

For credits to have value - the NW reveal has to convince depositors and new potential buyers that MG is worth taking to production (by worth = do shots feel right, is the art cool in person, do I think the Pintasia team has a viable manufacturer lined up?). Also, enough depositors have to convert to Pintasia credits (whether in on MG, RAZA or AIW) so that they know if they should proceed or ditch.

Maybe this will help with the use of asset, liability or license. Right now the posts are pretty confusing b/c these words are getting mixed together.

#11569 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just wanted to clarify my post above, John should have figured he needed ~$1M to *BUILD* the 2 games, that means the physical buying parts (BOM) and assembly and code of 26 MG and 124 RAZA (total of 150 games)

That would put the BOM + assembly + code at ~$6,600/game.

John should have factored that **Future cost** (or cost he needed to complete his end of the contract) so that if he still was yet to collect ~$500K in the future, he needs to save $500K from his initial haul.

That means if he collected $1,000,000 he needed to keep a reserve of $500K.

There are good odds that John has next to zero projections/calculations on paper. Apparently he has an accountant, so his taxes are probably done, but an accountant is not a CFO.

#11570 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Any particular reason your not changing the title of this thread ?

What is the suggestion and I'll do it?

#11571 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There are good odds that John has next to zero projections/calculations on paper. Apparently he has an accountant, so his taxes are probably done, but an accountant is not a CFO.

I'm not a business major, just common sense to me.

I suppose, the big red flag was when John was going to build 13 pins at a cost of $16K ($208K that's all the money he has to develop, code and build these 13 pins) so right from the go, the numbers didn't really make any sense.

#11572 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

yes, that's why we've been screaming at John for years and why his dodging of those questions is borderline criminal.

#11573 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

it seems Wc and group at Pintasia have bought a license to build games.

Well that's a big void of disclosure there. What was the deal? I don't think many would be happy if they found out a sizable payment went to John in consideration for the license. Is that why bill is unwilling to disclose the terms?

#11574 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Add john's full name like they did for Kevin in predator thread

#11575 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I suppose, the big red flag was when John was going to build 13 pins at a cost of $16K ($208K that's all the money he has to develop, code and build these 13 pins) so right from the go, the numbers didn't really make any sense.

Well, if john had been upfront with me about what he needed to get the first game done and only worked on that 1 game solidly, I would have done everything I could to make it work, even maybe sold more of my own games to assist. That's how much I wanted this to work. I would have repayed trust and integrity.

#11576 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Well, if john had been upfront with me about what he needed to get the first game done and only worked on that 1 game solidly, I would have done everything I could to make it work, even maybe sold more of my own games to assist. That's how much I wanted this to work. I would have repayed trust and integrity.

Did he pay you AT ALL?

That's one lesson from all of this. NEVER WORK FOR FREE.

I work in animation and I see this all the time. Charismatic producers asking for free (or underpaid) work...."This is your foot in the door!" "When this project gets picked up, you're the first one hired!".

BULL. SHIT.

If you have a skill, you've worked hard to hone that skill. It's not just some cute thing you do for fun. It's your livelihood. ALWAYS get paid (and paid fairly) for your work...or walk away.

#11577 4 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Oh, and it looks like there's a new built-in "Fraudster-bot" on Pinside that sends you private message alerts. It asked me to post the following "information". [1] Make of it what you will. I managed to make it about halfway through before I lost interest. IMHO, there doesn't need to be a nefarious angle behind the new "Pintasia Group". This game is already sunk, and to keep stringing people along and potentially involving additional investors suckers is just adding insult to injury.
[1] http://pastebin.com/DE1knCKH

What the hell?

Anyone read the stuff in that link?

#11578 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

There seems to be many conflicting uses of the terms license, asset and liability here.....

The guy from Pintasia is here and can dispell all these speculations, but he keeps ignoring continued requests to elaborate on what kind of deal he made with JPop.

For all we know he told John, "Look I'm going to pretend I'm a disgruntled customer like everybody else, but I'll continue your work with you in total control (but we'll tell people you're not) and split the money I receive 50-50 with you." We just don't know.

I hate to sound pessimistic and cynical but Bill's ignored something like 20 requests to outline what his exact relationship is with Zidware and it's a kinda important element if he expects anybody to support him.

There's no guarantee that John still isn't in control of everything. Why wouldn't he be? This is a great way to have his cake and eat it too. Deflate the anger. Stall people who would otherwise be taking legal action, etc.

#11579 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, but unlike Magic Girl I've played Wizard Blocks. It's more real with a whitewood playfield than anything Zidware has done so far.

I get what you're saying... but... by that token, "some" people have "played" MG. Both are unfinished whitewood / dev platforms in various stages of work. Both are in various stages of development in their "playable" states. Neither can be said to be a complete, finished, releasable game.

Where does the line need to be?

#11580 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What the hell?

I did, but it felt a bit like I was reading a 'zine about chemtrails and tin foil hats. I couldn't really make heads or tails of it other than someone really hates Sabrina.

#11581 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Did he pay you AT ALL?
That's one lesson from all of this. NEVER WORK FOR FREE.
I work in animation and I see this all the time. Charismatic producers asking for free (or underpaid) work...."This is your foot in the door!" "When this project gets picked up, you're the first one hired!".
BULL. SHIT.
If you have a skill, you've worked hard to hone that skill. It's not just some cute thing you do for fun. It's your livelihood. ALWAYS get paid (and paid fairly) for your work...or walk away.

I think he was paid for a while. Then the payments stopped. I believe the same for Zombie Yeti and others.

#11582 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I did, but it felt a bit like I was reading a 'zine about chemtrails and tin foil hats. I couldn't really make heads or tails of it other than someone really hates Sabrina.

Well crap, I was hoping someone like you could make more sense out of it.

But Bill isn't listed as an owner of Pintasia? Is this accurate?

#11583 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would just substitute John's name instead of JPOP for future searches.

#11584 4 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I would just substitute John's name instead of JPOP for future searches.

I would just substitute John's full name instead of JPOP so people who search for him on the internet in the future will find this thread.

ftfy

#11585 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What the hell?

I remember someone on RGP that used to post rambling, link filled posts like that about people. That is some Loose Change stuff right there.

#11586 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well it is weird in its format and how the languages are mingled together.
Who knows. At this point, nothing surprises me about this whole mess.

#11587 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What the hell?

Dear lord, can we have a single day without more pinball drama?

#11588 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What the hell?

Da fuq?

#11589 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You have to be a certain kind of crazy to understand what is going on in there. Seems like a poorly written attempt to connect some kind of conspiracy theory. Even if there was something to it, it's so badly written you can't help but dismiss it.

*shrug*

#11590 4 years ago

Hey y'all, turn on the TV.. there's some live footage of the MG prototype on its way to the pinball show...

magic_girl_proto.png

#11591 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Thanks Avatar won't engage with this stuff, however will have sunk over 100k in resources to get this thing finished and too the NW show. I said it's everyone's who have lost to Zidware...or donate to Vegas for all to see I don't mind, not my decision. This is worst case scenario, best is we get produced and filter profits back to help get everyone whole with a machine that Zidware should have gotten to us in the first place. Not looking for accolades just giving something back to what has made me happy most my life...pinball. Appreciate all those brothers who have stepped up as well we have some amazing people in this community and it wont be over shadowed by the few who have given it a black eye. All we can do is our best.

Bill, thank you for your efforts!

#11592 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Dear lord, can we have a single day without more pinball drama?

This is crazy town, nothing surprises me anymore.

if Bill drops this thing after the NW show remember we are right back to Johnny boy in charge of whatever is left.

I'm sure John is back at the shop now tweaking RAZA! Just trying to make great pinball

#11593 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Hey y'all, turn on the TV.. there's some live footage of the MG prototype on its way to the pinball show...
magic_girl_proto.png

Holy shit, I'd give that 10 thumbs up if the site would let me

#11594 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

magic_girl_proto.png

It appears the artwork has had a dramatic makeover.

#11595 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

magic_girl_proto.png

You, sir, have won the internet for the day!

#11596 4 years ago

Let's see. He doesn't pay anyone, took in a bunch of preorder $. The ceiling in his workshop will open up, and he will fly away in a neon green & purple helicopter he bought.

#11597 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

John Popadiuk (JPOOP) Zidware founder squanders over 1 million dollars of other peoples money

#11598 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You, sir, have won the internet for the day!

I cannot believe I made that. I'm completely ashamed of myself. You guys are a horrible influence.

#11599 4 years ago

Ice, you misspelled John's last name in your thread title. It should be Popadiuk.

EDIT: I'll just PM you.

#11600 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think his accountant left too, If I had to guess........

Probably wasn't paid either.

Maybe he hired another recently?????

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 124.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside