(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 487.
#11351 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

There have been numerous posts in this thread regarding deeproot®, its business model, operations, funding (or supposed lack thereof), and/or financials. None of these posts are correct. None of the posters have any connection with deeproot®, any knowledge thereof, and are making assertions that are defamatory and false. deeproot® and deeproot® alone has the ability and sole legal right to make assertions of fact on its behalf. Other than the posts made herein by this account (deeproot), we do not choose to do so at this time. Regards,
RJM dT/dP

You'll get some sneers and kickback for that post, but I think it was perfectly reasonable for you to make given the situation.

Search engines will be drawing your business name up out of this thread in the future when you are doing other projects, no reason at all for the negativity here (that really has nothing to do with you best I can tell) to have an effect on your future projects.

#11352 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Pretty sure everyone meant deepthroat.

Of course, the Flanker finally shows up with impeccable timing!

Can it get any more ridiculous.

#11353 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

There have been numerous posts in this thread regarding deeproot®, its business model, operations, funding (or supposed lack thereof), and/or financials. None of these posts are correct. None of the posters have any connection with deeproot®, any knowledge thereof, and are making assertions that are defamatory and false. deeproot® and deeproot® alone has the ability and sole legal right to make assertions of fact on its behalf. Other than the posts made herein by this account (deeproot), we do not choose to do so at this time. Regards,
RJM dT/dP

deepgroot.jpg

#11354 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

i-am-deeproot.jpg

Damn you.

#11355 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

deeproot® and deeproot® alone has the ability and sole legal right to make assertions of fact on its behalf. Other than the posts made herein by this account (deeproot), we do not choose to do so at this time.

Not gonna lie, I might need to see these sentences diagramed.

® and ® alone is the only entity with the ability (but also the only entity with a legal right) to make declarations containing factual basis for itself. And ® refuses to make such declarations containing factual basis right now. Errrr, except for the declarations made in this thread by ®'s account.

Who shot who in the what, now?

#11356 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

gambit3113™ has never heard of deeproot®. Who in the hell is deeproot®?

I searched for "deep root San Antonio" and it looks like this is your answer.

http://deeprootfunds.com/about/#.VWU2pXA8KK0

RJM = Robert J. Mueller

#11357 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

RJM = Robert J. Mueller

I am so lost. Clearly the Matrix is glitchy tonight. I am not chasing the white rabbit, Morpheus.

#11358 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

RJM = Robert J. Mueller

What did they have to do with this?

#11359 4 years ago

You guys missed like 2 episodes from this season of "Breaking Pinballs" and now it's gone crazytown.

#11361 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I am so lost. Clearly the Matrix is glitchy tonight. I am not chasing the white rabbit, Morpheus.

Did you take the red pill, or the blue pill?

#11362 4 years ago

There are like 14,000 posts in this thread. Someone could claim that Nipsy Russell was defamed in this thing, and who could possibly prove otherwise?

#11363 4 years ago
duh_LAW!.jpg
#11364 4 years ago

Ok, so they were the Bill before Bill. And JPOP burned that bridge. Sheesh.

#11366 4 years ago

"This was our informal plan, that's not under any NDA. John was to turnover MG and RAZA by July in whatever condition they were in at that time. Then John would 'disappear' for 2 years working on AIW. With RAZA for a release at 692 units by October 2016. MG at 1130 units in 2017. And AIW at 2k units in early 2018. All vendors paid by June 2015. All presales refunded by Feb 2016 for those that chose to not accept delivery (with refunds in part or credits for MSRP less than the amounts John arbitrarily chose at time of machine delivery). Penalty for refund would have been loss of certain 'privileges' (which will remain undisclosed as it is now moot). No real point to worry about any of that now. I wish these new investors the best. They are going to need it."

This is the part that I paraphrased earlier after listening to Nate Shivers break it down on Coast to Coast podcast.

Wrap your head around that one fellas.

Stand by boys, I'm hoping Bill is gonna come to his senses very soon.

#11367 4 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

® and ® alone is the only entity with the ability (but also the only entity with a legal right) to make declarations containing factual basis for itself. And ® refuses to make such declarations containing factual basis right now. Errrr, except for the declarations made in this thread by ®'s account.
Who shot who in the what, now?

AI.png

#11368 4 years ago

The time is coming very soon for the Magic Girl prototype to be packed up and put into a car to be brought to Northwest Pinball show in Washington. The show is only 10 days away. This means it needs to be packed up and shipped out no later than 8 days from now.

What are the chances that John actually lets his baby go?

#11369 4 years ago

Somebody put all that RAZA art in a box and send it to me, while you are there raiding the joint. That stuff is tits.

#11370 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

The show is only 10 days away. This means it needs to be packed up and shipped out no later than 8 days from now.
What are the chances that John actually lets his baby go?

The game is already on it's way to the show..., Zombieyeti is in the car with it., It's gone from Jpop..

#11371 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

The show is only 10 days away. This means it needs to be packed up and shipped out no later than 8 days from now.

someone also pick a more fitting carpet than the one John has his sitting on in the front studio, something like this:
Copy_of_lololololol[1].jpg

#11372 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"This was our informal plan, that's not under any NDA. John was to turnover MG and RAZA by July in whatever condition they were in at that time. Then John would 'disappear' for 2 years working on AIW. With RAZA for a release at 692 units by October 2016. MG at 1130 units in 2017. And AIW at 2k units in early 2018. All vendors paid by June 2015. All presales refunded by Feb 2016 for those that chose to not accept delivery (with refunds in part or credits for MSRP less than the amounts John arbitrarily chose at time of machine delivery). Penalty for refund would have been loss of certain 'privileges' (which will remain undisclosed as it is now moot). No real point to worry about any of that now. I wish these new investors the best. They are going to need it."
This is the part that I paraphrased earlier after listening to Nate Shivers break it down on Coast to Coast podcast.
Wrap your head around that one fellas.
Stand by boys, I'm hoping Bill is gonna come to his senses very soon.

Wow! That's a lot of games. How did deepgroot arrive at those numbers? I am sure it was an exhaustive study. Did I miss the Pinside poll?

#11373 4 years ago

I think I see deep root on the carpet! Nice choice.

#11374 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

The game is already on it's way to the show..., Zombieyeti is in the car with it., It's gone from Jpop..
The question is, who owns it?

You know what they say, "possession is 9/10th's of the law".

I'm sure that isn't the only thing that is in the car with Yeti. You think some of the artwork that John never paid for walked off?

#11375 4 years ago

Deeproot had NO money for the for see able future.....No reason to ask again. Was said before.

#11376 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

The question is, who owns it?

My guess is that it is still the property of Zidware. It's my speculative belief that Bill acquired only the license to build the games. He did not buy the assets. He mentioned earlier that the game is owned by the 150 owners in the group.

#11377 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

someone also pick a more fitting carpet than the one John has his sitting on in the front studio, something like this:
Copy_of_lololololol[1].jpg

How about this for a rug reveal.

QSS

#11378 4 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I'm sure Jeremy can draw Eddie...

And so can the original guy.

#11379 4 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

My guess is that it is still the property of Zidware.

Isn't Zidware gone?

#11380 4 years ago
Quoted from gcp:

Asking again since it's been a few pages now, and I don't want it to get lost:
What are the terms of the "license agreement" that gives Pintasia carte blanche to use all of the Zidware assets that were created with the funding of 120+ customers?

BUMP

Several people keep asking.

#11381 4 years ago

Fark it's hard to keep up with this thread..

giphy.gif
#11382 4 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Fark it's hard to keep up with this thread..

giphy.gif

I, literally, had to recently take about five days off this thread for my own sanity . . . and it is actually my job to read it . . . this thread sometimes makes me feel like I just ate some bad mushrooms.

Some of us moderators are going to need counseling services before this is all said and done it seems.

#11383 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Some of us moderators are going to need counseling services before this is all said and done it seems.

By "this" do you mean '2015'?

#11384 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

It is NOT owned by Zidware, Zidware is gone..., it's now owned by Pintasia...
and who else?

Pintasia cannot buy Zidware without its liabilities... AFAIK it's a licensing deal though Pintasia did acquire some (all?) assets such as prototype(s) and artwork.

#11385 4 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

It is NOT owned by Zidware, Zidware is gone..., it's now owned by Pintasia...
and who else?

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the flurry of posts, but all traces of MG, RAZA and AIW were scrubbed from pinballinventor.org

The landing page was changed to have a "reloading" graphic.

#11386 4 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the flurry of posts, but all traces of MG, RAZA and AIW were scrubbed from pinballinventor.org

Stalin used to do that too.

yezhov-orig.jpg yezhov-alt.jpg
#11387 4 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Yup... Next comes FB???

image.jpg

#11388 4 years ago

IN 4 TO 5 YEARS FROM NOW...

"Check out my new limited production game designed and built exclusively by legendary pinball designer John Popadiuk some guy who was on an episode of The Millionaire Matchmaker."

zxcv5.jpg

#11389 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I, literally, had to recently take about five days off this thread for my own sanity . . . and it is actually my job to read it . . . this thread sometimes makes me feel like I just ate some bad mushrooms.

sigmund.jpg

#11390 4 years ago

Took me 3 days to catch up on this after I heard how far it had gone south, I am truly saddened for all those who have a stake in this.

From what I have read, the cries to sue and punish John, while certainly understandable, I think are misguided, as bankruptcy will yield so little for each creditor. If there is even a slim chance that Bill's group can salvage something, it has to be a better alternative, at least until the proto Magic Girl can be seen in 10 days. If it doesn't fly, then litigation may be the only recourse left, but if I was on the hook for several thousand dollars on this, I would certainly want to take the chance.

Going to be a very interesting NW show, glad I can make it this year

#11391 4 years ago

The problem with waiting to take some kind of civil action is that the law has limits as to how long one has to file. DO NOT WAIT TO TAKE ACTION.

#11392 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well I emailed John and got this response. It made me laugh and then I realized he probably didn't read the whole thing. He obviously does not have any remorse. The only way he will have any remorse is if he loses everything. Even then I'm not sure he would have any remorse as he is the victim.
Hi,
Thanks Henry for the info. Folks that want to visit usually let me know,
as each day is different as I may be at vendors, visiting a contractor
or in the back working with machines going.
John
On 5/25/15 2:28 PM, Henry wrote:
> John,
>
> I thought you would like to know some people are at your shop and
> posted pictures. Not sure is they are going to do something or not
> as you have angered several people.
>
>
> I'm guessing you working 14 hour days 7 days a week is simply not true.
>
>

This is what 'really boils my frog' (phrase borrowed from Ben Heck). He still responds to certain people, but vendors or customers with serious questions he ignores. Unbelieveable

John, Where is my money????

#11393 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Magic Girl has what? Some wiggly ramps, Jeremy's art, and what else? Is anyone actually thinking about the game part?

I guess you missed this post of mine??? Seeing the game in playable demo will be excellent if the new team can pull it off. I hope they succeed and I get credit (and settled up ) for what i put into these projects.

Quoted from applejuice:

For the current setup on mg (when i exited the project) there was plenty of code written, for things like:
• base game play
• ball save
• bonus
• skillshot
• jets
• upper lanes
• up post
• magic letters
• lion saw
• newton ball
• owl target
• potion letters
• magic shop/scoop
• loops
• center spinner
• center lock
• centre targets
• spiral ramp
• wand ramps
• lock
• multiball
• jackpots
• quick multiball
• telsa subway
• mini magnet playfield
• jinx motor
• attract
• service mode with tests, audits, settings, coin door open
All the above had sounds, animation, graphics and rules
I have plenty of videos of things as they stood when i exited these projects. I would like to know how vendors and contractors will be reimbursed for their losses and why i have been repeatedly ignored for over a year. I say again that to soak up over 3 months of non payment for a small company like myself almost finished me. I have remained professional throughout this and not listed the sum involved and given Zidware plenty of chance to sort out their mess.
I can't believe that refunds are not being offered to customers who want out. Disgraceful.

#11394 4 years ago
Quoted from Zaxxis:

Stuck on reloading, which suits John. Maybe in another 4 years, it will do something.

This was smart of John as it makes it harder for an investigation. Again, John is not stupid, just very stubborn.

#11395 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I guess you missed this post of mine??? Seeing the game in playable demo will be excellent if the new team can pull it off. I hope they succeed and I get credit (and settled up ) for what i put into these projects.

Well, I've thought about this one. I admit my ignorance, but John has the prototype MG's. What if they were auctioned off to pay vendors? I don't think lawsuits could do anything about this and John could account for where some money went. Bill could still use the one he has to form the manufacturing plan.

#11396 4 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

The problem with waiting to take some kind of civil action is that the law has limits as to how long one has to file. DO NOT WAIT TO TAKE ACTION.

File a claim now. It should not hurt Bill and his group. It should only force John to get his books in order for an audit. It may also put pressure on John to sign a lesser deal with a lot fewer demands for Bill. Having Bill's group may be John's way out of jail. No solution for victims versus a solution.

This is not skit-b. Supposedly, Kevin did not burn through all the money he took in. John may have paid himself a handsome Salary and used our funds to build a Kiss Prototype amongst other things, that were illegal.

#11397 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

What did they have to do with this?

Nothing just trying to buy or invest in anyone involved in making a pinball and doesn't like signing NDAs

#11398 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

IMG_1753.jpg (Click image to enlarge) Please don't hang me as this pic is some time ago. Ramps are getting done as we speak and will have them installed ready to go before NW show. They kept their factory open over the memorial day weekend as a favor to me and are almost there. All other parts that needs to get done are getting done now and should be ready baring any screw ups. Just thought would share with all, as I think its a beautiful game and really I don't have a friggin clue why it needed to be a secret or under wraps. IMG_1739.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

What do the Williams copyright owners think about the recycled artwork from their old games?

#11399 4 years ago

Exactly its called derivative art, you are using the Williams art and making something similar and Williams will protect the copyright.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside