Don't know if anyone wants my opinion, but I am going to give it in the spirit of myself being a skeptical person at heart. I'm more of one to take things with a grain of salt. Or more of one, if someone tries to butter me up, think what's the downside for me?
When John announced: It is with great excitement, determination and love for pinball that has led me to pursue and find a possible solution that can be announced to you today.
I am going to give my two cents. Also, I may have missed some posts, I have not read every single 2000+ posts in the last 5 days.
1) this deal is OK (so-so) for MG owners. It stinks for RAZA/AIW owners.
2) I know MG owners paid more per game, so they have more sunk cost. But let's just pretend that most of the money is stolen (I won't say spent but stolen by John). If MG owners feel they won't get blood from a stone, or decide it's not worth suing John because the assets are not worth much. Anyway lets say they are in for $12K already and RAZA owners are in for $6K. I am only using round numbers, I'm sure there are all different numbers. So in essence if/when the games get built, the MG owner pays another $4K and the RAZA owner pays another $10K (*new money) this new money plus credit brings both total up to $16K.
3) these games are getting made with *new money. That is, unless John also hands over a bag of money, that the money collected (in the future) will pay for the pins, not the money in the past. So RAZA owners are footing the bill for new money (not great with math) but it looks like my example the RAZA owners will pay 2.5x more *new money.
4) the RAZA owners while it's true have paid less individually, they have contributed the lions share of the funds to John.
RAZA $6K x124 ($744K)
MG $12K x 26 ($312K)
RAZA owners combined have paid John more money (the money wasn't segregated, it was used for Kiss, for MG for RAZA) globally the majority came from RAZA owners. One could argue that John being the jerk he is, took more time, effort, money to make MG but that time, efferort and money were supposed to have been allotted to RAZA as well but he did jack shit for RAZA.
5) if RAZA owners sign up (and I mean RAZA and AIW owners) and they are forced to pay the same as MG owners. In effect they are subsidizing the MG owners, twice. First time John when he didn't segregate the money, he used the rent and the computers etc... for all his games but most of the money came from RAZA owners. The second time MG owners are subsidized is when the *new money* is collected to pay the BOM and assemble of the games. So MG owners get a game for $4K new money and RAZA owners pay $10K new money.
6) one fair solution, I don't say good solution, but more fair. Would be for there to be 26 (super editions) they have a plaque #1 to #26 and the MG owners pay up $16K (with credit for money already paid in) so around $4K new money. Then the 124 RAZA owners pay the difference of what they didn't pay to bring the total up to $10K (around an additional $4K) and they get a regular edition MG (not the super edition because it won't have a numbered plaque).
To me, if I was a RAZA owner or AIW owner, I am not getting buttered up enough, you know the carrot and the stick. I see the stick, just don't see much of a carrot if I have to pay $9K or more for a game when I could buy any game made for $9K (except the rare birds).