(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 487.
#10901 4 years ago
Quoted from Major:

So you're saying there is a working prototype, right now... this very minute? Otherwise he is correct, not you. So which is it? If there is not a working prototype right this second, your credibility is nil. You should also show your work and prove it if you claim there is one.

There is one; not mine to show. But I've seen it, as have others.

Quoted from rai:

I don't see it as mindless bashing if we are stating facts. John promised untold reveals and Kevin promised he had full license, but the 'mindless bashing' as you call it stated that Kevin couldn't have a full license and John couldn't have enough money. We're the mindless ones and you are the wise one, I get it.

Remind me: have you even paid money towards MG, RAZA or AIW? (I sincerely don't know.)

#10902 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

people not involved with MG/RAZA/AIW piling on and adding fuel to the fire?

I always wonder at the logic of the argument against people who aren't paid in having a less valid opinion. Often those people are more clear-headed and offer up more legitimate arguments against the situation.

#10903 4 years ago

This may be the thread that brings down pinside!

#10904 4 years ago

This thread makes me like pinball less

#10905 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I'm the last person that would be fooled by a flipping prototype with zero code and probably almost no dots. I just want to see the hardware in action.

Good to hear!

#10906 4 years ago

IMG_1753.jpg Please don't hang me as this pic is some time ago. Ramps are getting done as we speak and will have them installed ready to go before NW show. They kept their factory open over the memorial day weekend as a favor to me and are almost there. All other parts that needs to get done are getting done now and should be ready baring any screw ups. Just thought would share with all, as I think its a beautiful game and really I don't have a friggin clue why it needed to be a secret or under wraps. IMG_1739.JPG

#10907 4 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

This may be the thread that brings down pinside!

Actually, this will be the thread that brings up Pinside.

Finally, the whole notion of pre-paying for a game that no one has played or seen will be dead.

Thank you Jpoop (seriously).

#10908 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

There is one; not mine to show. But I've seen it, as have others.

Remind me: have you even paid money towards MG, RAZA or AIW? (I sincerely don't know.)

You've seen it, or played it. How far along are the rules, how about the sound track, callouts, etc. Give those in estimated percentages.

#10909 4 years ago

I'm no different than anyone else, I want to see what he's built up to this point.

#10910 4 years ago

also that is a temp piece of paper where LCD goes. It is also ready to go. It should be flipping and scoring etc at show. All we can do is our best

#10911 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

also that is a temp piece of paper where LCD goes. It is also ready to go. It should be flipping and scoring etc at show. All we can do is our best

See jpop, was that so hard!!! Looks good see what's happens in a couple of weeks...

#10912 4 years ago

Thanks Bill for unwrapping some of the mystery

#10913 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I'm no different than anyone else, I want to see what he's built up to this point.

I understand. Everyone involved needs to realize that a fully functioning prototype such as this is still millions of dollars and years away from completion. Even this is a best case senario. Failure is much more likely. This is nothing against the new owners of the license, it's just reality. Remember, this is, and will always be, a crowd funded project, unless the current structure of the agreement with Zidware and Pintasia is drastically altered. Heck, thrown out and rewritten would actually be the only way. The contract between Pintasia and the Zidware customers would have to be thrown out as well. No need to rewrite it. Just throw it out.

Steep odds. Very steep.

#10914 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

as I think its a beautiful game

That's one point you won't see argued on this thread.

#10915 4 years ago

Where it's the Strategic Business Plan?

Part of this would involve Market Research.

Market Research would allow one to know what price point is needed to guarantee sales.

Some of this has been set by Dutch Pinball and Spooky as they are boutique pinball manufacturers.

What will the market bear on a high end pinball machine? My guess is 10k is the ceiling. I cannot see anyone paying $16k, but I haven't done any market research either. So I do not know if this price point is feasible.

Next the question becomes what can we make it for?

Then what do I need to sell it for to cover all costs?

And what build quantity do I need to make at x costs to break even? Assuming we get to this point, we have covered cost and the next unit sold will put us in the black.

The question for many of us is will we pay $9500.00 for a Magic Girl? - assumes $6500.00 paid in.

Going forward it is almost better to count your deposits (money you have to John) as a sunk cost.

I've spent too much time on this thread and I am going to try to take a break. I filled a complaint and will be calling an attorney tomorrow. John does not get away with this crap and what he has done.

I'm just not sure anyone is looking at any of this with any realistic business sense. We are all to angry and afraid of losing our money to step back and analyze this situation.

#10916 4 years ago

I'm still seeing empty cabinets.

#10917 4 years ago

7E1676B3-84FF-485A-9967-A6939952BE46_0.jpg

The factory working through a sunday night and into monday getting ramps ready. Pulled in a huge favor here. A good man that can out himself if he wishes. You know who you are....Thank you!

#10918 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

It's sad because the more rational and considerate folks here also tend to be the ones who rarely post.

See irony.

#10919 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm still seeing empty cabinets.

Rai please read, these are older pics and we are doing our best to get this flipping in just another week or so, leaving time to drive it all the way out to the west coast and make the NW meeting. The children's eye Impailers (aka leg bolts) will not be on the final production game. Just like Godzilla will not be on RAZA..... or any other character that even invites IP discussions.

#10920 4 years ago

Since Zidware owes me the three games I've paid for.
I think I'll stay and try to help Pintasia get games to the paid customers.

#10921 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Rai please read, these are older pics and we are doing our best to get this flipping in just another week or so, leaving time to drive it all the way out to the west coast and make the NW meeting. The children's eye Impailers (aka leg bolts) will not be on the final production game. Just like Godzilla will not be on RAZA..... or any other character that even invites IP discussions.

Ok, Sound good.

Guess we'll see very soon.

#10922 4 years ago

Bill your #1 goal for NW show should be to get the game shooting as smoothly as possible.

Don't worry about graphics, sounds, etc - as long as the code can cycle balls that's enough. Art is one aspect but in the end pinball is a mechanical game - it has to feel good.

Keep tweaking right up until you have to start driving, and then give yourself a good half-day to fix whatever shakes loose after the drive.

#10923 4 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I've been asked to attend, and my one stipulation was that there's a) no John or b) proper security duty to protect the innocent when the pitchforks come out

Pull that hair back! From a distance, someone with eyes blood red from rage sees you standing next to a MG might mistake you for John!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#10924 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Since Zidware owes me the three games I've paid for.
I think I'll stay and try to help Pintasia get games to the paid customers.

Oh didn't you hear, under the new agreement Zidware actually owes you nothing! And you don't want to fan the flames anymore? Or apologize for misrepresenting, misleading, being elusive or downright inflammatory? Course not.

#10925 4 years ago

Thank you Ben we are leaving about 15 hours and I have set up people on the receiving end to tweak what they can after the long journey. There are an amazing amount of good pinheads out there helping me try and get it there. It will be tweaked till it does shoot smoothly regardless. Thanks for your help and direction Ben I respect the hell out of what you have done.

#10926 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Bill your #1 goal for NW show should be to get the game shooting as smoothly as possible.
Don't worry about graphics, sounds, etc - as long as the code can cycle balls that's enough. Art is one aspect but in the end pinball is a mechanical game - it has to feel good.
Keep tweaking right up until you have to start driving, and then give yourself a good half-day to fix whatever shakes loose after the drive.

Agreed. Bill, if you and your posse want to come out a couple days early, you guys can setup in my shop and tie up anything. It is just across the bridge from the venue. Any tools/resources needed to be sure the game is show ready would be on hand.

There is also a bar across the hall.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#10927 4 years ago

Zombie Yeti will be riding along with it as well and painting over the Zidware marks on the side of the cabinet. He should have it all blended in by the time he gets there

#10928 4 years ago

Aaron after our talks I was gonna ask if you could be on standby when it hits the PNW Its tight but should be there by Thursday as long as the Yeti doesn't get side tracked by all the Smitty's pancake houses on the way! I kid big Z !

#10930 4 years ago

IMG_2824.jpg

Is the man opening shop and getting hell from his wife for doing me this huge favor gonna reveal himself? Another brother in this crazy place we call our hobby

#10931 4 years ago

Gotta give Bill a ton of credit! Regardless of how it turns out he's actually getting a MG pinball machine to a show that somehow John was never able to get done. Don't forget to bring the rug.

Git er done Billy!

#10932 4 years ago

As an outsider that shot of the nearly curated shop struck a chord as something someone would do as a last gesture before doing something horrible.

I hope that those close and know him well and can decide if that's normal behavior or not. I hope that they are careful and wary of the pressure of what an event like this can do to a person.

I don't intend to disavow anyone of their rightful anger and frustration, just thought it would be a horrible thing to have that kind of outcome for all parties.

I don't think anyone knows why or what actually happened, but even if most or all of its true, I wouldn't be ok with pushing someone to their limit and hope nobody's in that situation. Ultimately we can't change what happened, but we can set into motion other things that are far more regrettable.

Sorry to bomb this post with that but couldn't not say anything when I've known people to miss or not respond to similar signs and regret it when it was too late.

#10933 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don't forget to bring the rug.

why were the levelers on lease?

#10934 4 years ago

Ok here is goes, I've been keeping quiet to avoid conflict but now I will admit it that I am the guy that built the ramp tooling. J pop did not pay me with your deposite money. It was a coordinated effort between many party's and after WC and crew came into the picture we moved forward real fast.
The deal is this, I own a machine tooling company, build plastic injection mold tooling and have a very high tech shop and skilled work force. I knew or became to know many of the people involved in the project and had offered my services. After spending many days with the Pintasia crew I really feel this project has turned and looks like there is starting to be more positive vibe. As things progress i hope more details can be revealed as far as the game progress and build. There are a few more molds we will be building for the project as we move forward.
Don't cruficy me, I'm here to help and will reveal what I'm doing to help out. I feel too much secrecy
Raises too many questions. I just needed to wait for the dust to settle a little before stepping forward.
I molded parts last night at 1 am and today cast the trim fixtures for the CNC to cut the parts out of the vac material. I can tell you we got a very high finish on the ramp molds and the parts are extremely clear with no heat polishing needed. Real happy about that.

#10935 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Ok here is goes, I've been keeping quiet to avoid conflict but now I will admit it that I am the guy that built the ramp tooling. J pop did not pay me with your deposite money. It was a coordinated effort between many party's and after WC and crew came into the picture we moved forward real fast.
The deal is this, I own a machine tooling company, build plastic injection mold tooling and have a very high tech shop and skilled work force. I knew or became to know many of the people involved in the project and had offered my services. After spending many days with the Pintasia crew I really feel this project has turned and looks like there is starting to be more positive vibe. As things progress i hope more details can be revealed as far as the game progress and build. There are a few more molds we will be building for the project as we move forward.
Don't cruficy me, I'm here to help and will reveal what I'm doing to help out. I feel too much secrecy
Raises too many questions. I just needed to wait for the dust to settle a little before stepping forward.
I molded parts last night at 1 am and today cast the trim fixtures for the CNC to cut the parts out of the vac material. I can tell you we got a very high finish on the ramp molds and the parts are extremely clear with no heat polishing needed. Real happy about that.

Way to step up.

#10936 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

J pop did not pay me with your deposite money.

But you did get paid, right?

#10937 4 years ago

oh wait Fantasygoat......... pin pimp .......

#10938 4 years ago

It will be nice to finally see a prototype of the game. Very cool to see people coming together -- amazing what happens when you CROWDSOURCE a project instead of trying keep it top secret.

#10939 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Don't cruficy me, I'm here to help and will reveal what I'm doing to help out.

Crucify you? They should crown you! Great work. It's awesome to see what motivated people can accomplish. I have to applaud Bill here as well.

#10940 4 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

I feel too much secrecy
Raises too many questions.

Hey I can say even as just a pinhead, regardless of having $$$ into this thing or not, this is probably the thing that I appreciate the most with all of you guys.

Bill, Yeti, yourself, the whole crew. Just to see some stuff put out there, communication, and holding yourselves to a timeline. That is a HUGE deal. I'm sure Bill has been on the phone non stop for 3 days.

So thanks for taking the time this weekend to get those ramps done. Really good stuff!

#10941 4 years ago

And for the record, despite everything that John has done, I certainly don't want any crazy outcomes to come about for him and his family. Litigation and financial pay back is one thing.

It's just a pinball machine. Yes I know, he's been awful in a lot of ways and we are out a ton of money but like Vacfink said I hope after facing the music he can move on with his life.

#10942 4 years ago

What a difference some elbow grease and transparency can make. There's a long road ahead, but it seems like more has been accomplished in the last couple days than the last couple years.

#10943 4 years ago

Well I feel that in about everytning, no information leads to doubt and fear, information gives a sence of progress, Shit i sound like yoda? I got that casting compound on my hands when the handle for the bucket broke and made a huge mess. Going to have to wear it off I guess. Ha ha

#10944 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

What a difference some elbow grease and transparency can make. There's a long road ahead, but it seems like more has been accomplished in the last couple days than the last couple years.

The only transparent things so far is the ramps.
More accomplished in a couple of days than in a couple of years? Come on. For all the failure of Jpop, let's not go that far.

#10945 4 years ago

All the proof you need that transparency and communication is the right choice is here - some concrete results and a couple of photos and the boiling pot is back to simmer.

Just think, this could have all been so easily avoided if Popaduik hadn't sent that horrible email.

#10946 4 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

The only transparent things so far is the ramps.
More accomplished in a couple of days than in a couple of years? Come on. For all the failure of Jpop, let's not go that far.

That's why I used the word "seems". John's secrecy gave the appearance of nothing happening other than reworking art constantly.

#10947 4 years ago

So were the ramps done for free? Or are vendors getting paid again?

I mean, that's still a big question here.

#10948 4 years ago

Before we all get wrapped up in any new shiny things that are going on this game over the next couple of weeks, let's remember exactly where the *business* end of this is at.

RAZA owners who do not want a MG, or a MG Pro are still left 99% out in the cold; no game, no refund. OK, MAYBE a game in 4 or more years according to the contract Pintasia wants us to sign. Another phrase for *maybe* in a contract is *if we feel like it, but we certainly never have to*. Also, let's remember if we do sign the contract on this thin hope of a RAZA we also are signing the rider that states we can not sue Zidware.

Pintasia is not covering any of the Zidware liabilities. Zidware will therefore be sued by any RAZA owner who is hoping to recover even $10 of their loss. There are a considerable number of us and we are not happy.

I'm all for getting MG made, but not at the expense of RAZA owners. Remember, our payments funded MG to this point. We have a lot of skin in the game. Again, remember, many of us do not want any form of a MG. It's not what we signed up for. Still, the fact remains (super clear shiny ramps or not), we are out in the cold.

All this leads back to Zidware getting sued.

#10949 4 years ago

Let's drift back down to earth for a minute...

This is just a prototype, that in all likelihood is not even 50% complete.

Keep in mind, Gene Cunningham had a fully-working, 100% complete BBB - one of ten, and all the rights to the tech and the MPU boards and other things, and it still took him hundreds of thousands of dollars more than what people paid, and several years, to produce a similar number of machines, and it still bankrupted him.

As others have said, this group is at the one mile mark of a ten mile ride.

Even if the machine was 100% working, I wouldn't put down a pre-order. Not without a guarantee that whoever produces the machine has at least $1M+ committed to production costs on top of what they expect to get in deposits. Anything less is still a huge gamble. Even for people who already have money in the deal.

If this machine ever sees the light of day, whoever funds it will take a loss. Y'all need to admit that up front and say you're going to take the loss because you want to see the machine made. Anything less should be met with skepticism. At least be honest with everybody. They deserve it after everything that's happened.

#10950 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

See jpop, was that so hard!!! Looks good see what's happens in a couple of weeks...

image[1].jpg
http://www.hulu.com/watch/19050

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chatham, MA
$ 124.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside