(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 490.
#10601 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

What if stern commits,how would you guys react?

Ok that takes care of concern number 122. What about concerns number 1 through 121, and concerns 123 through 999?

#10602 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

What if stern commits,how would you guys react?

A $16k game? No thanks. Too effing expensive for one game with 199 units. Plus, it's not the game I want. Besides, Stern is doing MMr...took 2 years and still counting to make that one WITH Stern and CGC! That's with the game 100% complete design/code-wise. Parts were already sourced and made for reproduction replacement parts. I just don't see ANY way for this game to get made without Pintasia taking an enormous financial loss "for the love of pinball". ENORMOUS. No. Effing. Way. Maybe I'm wrong and they'll present a plan in the next month that knocks my dick into the dirt?

#10603 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Ok that takes care of concern number 122. What about concerns number 1 through 121, and concerns 123 through 999?

999 problems but a bitch ain't one.

#10604 8 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Checked out the previously linked FB page and found this...MG?

downunder.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Yes, this is the playfield that i used whilst developing the MG game. I had it in my office here in the UK, before shipping it back to Zidware after the contract was done. You can tell, because i fitted stern metal glides to the end (top left of pic) as i had it in an old stern cab here, not a new zidware cab. Also there is a glm produced board in purple top right shown.

Doesn't look like it was ever installed again as i removed the subway and scoop mech before transport, so was not damaged in the shipping box, and is clearly still not re-assembled.

#10605 8 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/profile/pinballs
FYI, according to pinside, you've only posted in this thread. People aren't just saying that, they checked: it's not hard.

I checked too- you're right. Sorry, I was getting confused with another forum from years ago I posted on. Mostly I posted on the WOZ group, and little elsewhere until the Jpop debacle.

I scanned the first page of my MG contract and emailed to Mr68 to join his MG FB group. I've asked him to post in this thread to vouch for me. Remember too, it was he who claimed I was a troll earlier in this thread, as I didn't join the FB page previously as I don't do FB usually. This raised his suspicion.

I hope this settles the point of my 'credentials'. I can reassure you I'm not a troll and am a fully paid up member of the MG club...

#10606 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Earlier in the thread people claimed to have had John ask for PayPal payments. Other than that I have no idea.

I made 6 paypal payments to Jpop. I've asked Drano if I can email proof of these to him as I'm getting sick of being accused of being a troll i.e. the implication that my saying I paid via paypal is a lie.

The address Jpop accepted payments on was [email protected].

A quick google yields this:

Pinball Wizard! iPhone App by Zidware!
www.zidware.com/pinballstuff.html
Paypal to ([email protected]). ®2009 Zidware, Inc. :: All Rights Reserved :: Zidware is a Registered Apple iPhone Developer :: Trademark Assigned USPTO.

#10607 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Does Zidware own the copyrights to the art and programming if they haven't been paid for?

There were 7 code updates by my company on the mg code base up to mid May 2014 which were not paid for. This includes these:

mg commits.pngmg commits.png

Any demo game running in the future at any shows is most likely using this code. If you see it running please ask to be shown the software version and board set it is running from.

We can talk about RAZA code next.

#10608 8 years ago

I hope Bill does the right thing and pays you. Obviously one wouldn't expect Jpop to do the right thing

#10609 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

John didn't accept PayPal payments to the best of my knowledge.

Earlier in this thread someone had an email from John asking for paypal payments just weeks ago. Rotordave's posts I believe.

So he did take paypal from some people. Makes sense that there is no rhyme or reason to anything John did.

#10610 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Earlier in this thread someone had an email from John asking for paypal payments just weeks ago. Rotordave's posts I believe.
So he did take paypal from some people. Makes sense that there is no rhyme or reason to anything John did.

John has no moral compass so I expect to see him running for an upcoming political office when he's kicked off off his own game.

Btw I'm filling a complaint today on. https://ccformsubmission.ilattorneygeneral.net/

#10611 8 years ago

Can Bill or someone tell me John has no money left? Out of more than a million collected? How much is being handed off to Bill as part of John's other assets?

I understand he does not have all the money, but blanket statement saying no one can sue or get a refund, that's just allowing John to keep whatever he does have left over. So tell me is it $50k or is it $500K or some number in between?

I seriously can not believe John is broke.

Also official records of where the majority of the money was spent should be a minimum standard for this buy out to continue. And I don't mean a hand written itemization by John, I mean actual official canceled checks and official recepts. Absent those I will assume John still has the bulk of the money that is not verifiably accounted for.

In the 21st century all these articles are easily obtained. Ask the IRS they expect 10 years of receipts and records I believe.

Finally, Johns Tax records are not a trivial matter. I am not sure John is not a criminal (tax cheat) as well as a poor buisnessman.

#10612 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Someone flamed John's facebook page, and I'm amazed there are people backing him up
jpop_facebook.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Not surprised, the same kinds of people that have been enabling him for years.

#10613 8 years ago

Jpop is a punk; I mean how can he do this to all of his customers no updates at all and now this; he was in way over his head and could never admit it the right thing for him to do would be to issue refunds, but he has already made it clear that is not going to happen truly unethical on his part.

#10614 8 years ago

You know whats really interesting about John. About 3 months ago I had talked with John for about two hours in which he was very quick to throw Dennis Nordman under the bus. He was quick to point out that Dennis is not up to date on current software and the newer CAD systems.

It's another example of John self validating himself. At this time I was asking him for a refund and had threatened a group lawsuit. He convinced me he had manufacturing lined up at Chicago Coin and that he had been working 7 x 14 to get the games done. I asked about financials and he assured me he had the money to get these manufactured and that my questions about him expanding his facility and told me I was high in thinking his rent was about $ 3,000.00 a month.

In any case, I wanted to bring this to light as I'm sure John is going to be quick to point all of his problems at Pintasia, once a deal is in place.

#10615 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Jpop is a punk; I mean how can he do this to all of his customers no updates at all and now this; he was in way over his head and could never admit it the right thing for him to do would be to issue refunds, but he has already made it clear that is not going to happen truly unethical on his part.

Plus this has been brewing for well over 6 months and he's still been collecting more deposits for AIW?

#10616 8 years ago

I advise everyone to log a formal complaint so this gets investigated

https://ccformsubmission.ilattorneygeneral.net/

- I did

I'm posting JPOPS info you will need

Thank you for submitting your complaint. This is your online reference number. Please keep it for when you upload or mail supporting documents. We strongly encourage you to send supporting documents, such as contracts, billing statements, and advertisements, to assist us with addressing your complaint. If you are not able to scan and upload them, please send them to us by U.S. mail and include your online reference number.

Illinois Attorney General
Consumer Fraud Bureau
500 South Second Street
Springfield, IL 62706
217-782-1090
1-800-243-0618 (Toll free in IL)
TTY: 1-877-844-5461

address of Zidware

John Popadiuk

Zidware Pinball USA

39 Sangra Court, Streamwood IL 60107 USA

jpopinfo.jpgjpopinfo.jpg
#10617 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Plus this has been brewing for well over 6 months and he's still been collecting more deposits for AIW?

Yes - he was still trying to collect. I think outstanding deposits for RAZA as well - although I could be wrong. I believe there were 2 AIW deposit requests over the last six months. At least some of us ignored both.

#10618 8 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

At least some of us ignored both.

See, it was all Pinside's fault, if this thread didn't exist you would have sent your money in and his business wouldn't be ruined.

#10619 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Someone flamed John's facebook page, and I'm amazed there are people backing him up

Is that James Lewis, as in Pinball Inc Ramps James Lewis?

Edit: Sorry, my memory sucks Loflin/Lewis. Derp.

#10620 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I'll go one step further and say it wouldn't upset me any if Zidware's name was removed from the pin completely and replaced with Pintasia's name and logo. That name is toxic now.

I think Pintasia should consider dropping the "Believe" catch phrase, it makes me cringe still seeing it.
This ride with Jpop has been unbelievable.

#10621 8 years ago

Now is the time to get together as a group and share some of our documents etc.., This will ultimately make it much easier for everyone involved to file a complaint.

This is the first of several steps to make John get his crap in order. The more people that file, the better the chances of John being investigated. Investigation is going to involve sorting through his records.

#10622 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Is that James Lewis, as in Pinball Inc Ramps James Lewis?

No, you're thinking of James Loflin from Pinball Inc.

#10623 8 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

No, you're thinking of James Loflin from Pinball Inc.

Oooh, right. That seemed odd. My bad.

#10624 8 years ago

Now is the time to get together as a group and share some of our documents etc.., This will ultimately make it much easier for everyone involved to file a complaint.

This is the first of several steps to make John get his crap in order. The more people that file, the better the chances of John being investigated. Investigation is going to involve sorting through his records.

I advise everyone to log a formal complaint so this gets investigated

https://ccformsubmission.ilattorneygeneral.net/

- I did

I'm posting JPOPS info you will need

Thank you for submitting your complaint. This is your online reference number. Please keep it for when you upload or mail supporting documents. We strongly encourage you to send supporting documents, such as contracts, billing statements, and advertisements, to assist us with addressing your complaint. If you are not able to scan and upload them, please send them to us by U.S. mail and include your online reference number.

Consumer Fraud Bureau
500 South Second Street
Springfield, IL 62706
217-782-1090
1-800-243-0618 (Toll free in IL)
TTY: 1-877-844-5461

address of Zidware

John Popadiuk

Zidware Pinball USA

39 Sangra Court, Streamwood IL 60107 USA

I'm also attaching some RAZA pics that show Zombie Yeti deserves a job somewhere. JJP, Stern or Spooky anyone call this guy and give him a job.

raza.jpgraza.jpg razacab.jpgrazacab.jpg jpopinfo.jpgjpopinfo.jpg
#10625 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

John didn't accept PayPal payments to the best of my knowledge. He tried at first but had problems.
I assume most payments were done by drafts, money orders, cheques etc...
I kept carbon copies of all payments sent and one was a wire transfer. I'd have to get my bank to dig it up and print a copy.

My 3 payments for Raza where all by check.

My 1 payment for AIW was by PayPal in 2014.

#10626 8 years ago

Dear Consumer,
I got the email response.

Now I'm asking for help with gathering the appropriate documentation.

Does anyone have .pdf copies or anything I can submit to the Attorney General.

Please send me any documents to [email protected]

Thank you for contacting the Office of the Attorney General online regarding your consumer complaint. We have received your online complaint (and, if applicable, attachments of supporting documents) and will be reviewing it over the next few weeks to determine what assistance we may provide. Once we have reviewed the complaint and made a determination, we will send you written notification of our decision. If your complaint is retained by this office, a staff person may forward your complaint and supporting documents to the business involved requesting a response. Please know that your concerns are important to us. We thank you in advance for your patience.

Very truly yours,

Lisa Madigan

#10627 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

You know whats really interesting about John. About 3 months ago I had talked with John for about two hours in which he was very quick to throw Dennis Nordman under the bus. He was quick to point out that Dennis is not up to date on current software and the newer CAD systems.
It's another example of John self validating himself. At this time I was asking him for a refund and had threatened a group lawsuit. He convinced me he had manufacturing lined up at Chicago Coin and that he had been working 7 x 14 to get the games done. I asked about financials and he assured me he had the money to get these manufactured and that my questions about him expanding his facility and told me I was high in thinking his rent was about $ 3,000.00 a month.
In any case, I wanted to bring this to light as I'm sure John is going to be quick to point all of his problems at Pintasia, once a deal is in place.

Funny, well not funny at all. Before Jpoop announced BHZA I told him it was NOT a good idea to announce a second game before the first (MG) was complete. He swore up and down it was almost finished, there were NOT issues and BHZA (a.k.a, RAZA) would not be late. Years into MG I would think one would have a pretty good idea on what was complete and what needed to be finished. I believed it.

Looking back, that is the start of a long list of misrepresenting of what was really happening. Maybe a local, state, or Federal agency needs to investigate this so a impartial answer can be presented. Where all of the money went and if any crimes were committed. I've ask and given John many opportunities to answer some questions and explain without any luck.

What is the best avenue, Local, State, or Federal? Or do we sit back any wait? Hopefully there is some good ideas on what to do.

Here is the link posted for the State Attorney General.

https://ccformsubmission.ilattorneygeneral.net

#10628 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

John didn't accept PayPal payments to the best of my knowledge. He tried at first but had problems.
I assume most payments were done by drafts, money orders, cheques etc...
I kept carbon copies of all payments sent and one was a wire transfer. I'd have to get my bank to dig it up and print a copy.

Quoted from Aurich:

Earlier in the thread people claimed to have had John ask for PayPal payments. Other than that I have no idea.

Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from roc-noc:

My 3 payments for Raza where all by check.

My 1 payment for AIW was by PayPal in 2014.

Quoted from sammiesguys:

As someone who was Predator'd, I would recommend you guys check the dates when you paid and what types of protections your CC offers you if you paid with it. I haven't followed closely so I'm not sure how people were paying.

Those dates and protections could end up being critical if you need them. I have no idea what's going to happen with Jpop, but it's best to be prepared.

And keep an eye on how things go with us (I figure you probably already are). We are the guinea pigs, but it may end up being useful to you, if necessary.

Hopefully Jpop gets these things sorted out and none of the above will matter. Good luck guys.

I posted the above about two months ago in this thread. I'm still have no idea how many people were able to pay Jpop through paypal or by credit card, but you should call you credit card company immediately if you did at all.

As a follow up to my predator situation. I called my CC company (Amex) and told them that I didn't receive my product; was lied to and decieved; and to do chargebacks on my payments. I received an email from Amex early last week saying my money was being credited back to my account (which it was).

Also, some of these payments were made well over a year ago. Maybe that can offer a little hope to some people.

#10629 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I was merely referencing that he stopped accepting PayPal after the day 1 release of RAZA (BHZA then). PayPal refunded all payments because John wasn't set up properly (big surprise).

I have no doubt that he changed that policy later on when he was trying to keep the cash flowing... and at that point we're talking about a handful of payments, not dozens. I'm sure PayPal wouldn't have flagged those later payments.

#10630 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Now I remember... Iceman44 was the guy who was >BASHING< the heck out of Spooky Pinball when they announced they were going to make a game back in 2013 and he was cheer leading JPOP at the same time.
The following quotes are all from Iceman44. It's all in here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-the-spooky-pinball-podcast-are-now-making-spooky-pinball-machines
-----
ICEMAN44 QUOTES:
"Spooky has ZERO chance of producing anything"
"has ZERO chance of succeeding"
"There is ZERO chance that these DB's can produce 1/10th the pin that Jpop can for 1/2 the price".
"These guys have never made a pin before, have zero experience and want you to believe they can make a great pin for less than every other pin maker out there?....Don't think so......"
"But hey, prove me wrong....I won't be on the list knowing what I know..."
"I'll take Jpop at 2x this wing and a prayer"
"lets just wait until all the facts come out and see who is going to be able to do what"
"you can't make a decent pin for 4500, period....especially Charlie, who has zero experience in producing a completed pin....but hey, good luck with that and I won't be a part of it."
"I really like the SkitB guys and hope they make it, I don't and won't support Spooky."
-----
Keep those predictions coming, Ice! Tell us how this latest situation with JPOP will play out.

Hilarious! This is why this thread has become part of my morning reading.

#10631 8 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

Funny, well not funny at all. Before Jpoop announced BHZA I told him it was NOT a good idea to announce a second game before the first (MG) was complete. He swore up and down it was almost finished, there were NOT issues and BHZA (a.k.a, RAZA) would not be late. Years into MG I would think one would have a pretty good idea on what was complete and what needed to be finished. I believed it.

It's sad to hear, Chris, that the first people to be lied to were the ones closest to him.

And I'm certain today, wherever John is, he still thinks himself the victim.

#10632 8 years ago

With all the people joining the lawsuit and filing complaints, the shady Jpop accounting (or lack there of) will be exposed sooner than later and nullify any potential deal in favor of bankruptcy court. I respect what Pintasia is trying to do but I really think/hope that a judge somewhere saves them from making a huge mistake by diving into this mess hand in hand with Jpop. Much better to buy the remains at auction and start the project with the accounting fully exposed, any remaining funds returned to creditors, and most importantly: Jpop completely out of the picture.

#10633 8 years ago

I paid Predator via PayPal and tried to get a refund via them, but got nowhere as it was paid too long ago. This was what I received from PP (below).

I haven't tried to get a refund for Jpop for the $11,995.00 I paid via PP, but the most recent transaction was Feb 2013, so it's too late now. The other payments were international bank transfers for $8,250.00, so I wouldn't be hopeful on those either
___
The complaint you filed (PP-***) was opened after our 180 day
deadline and as such, regrettably, we cannot look into this claim.

It is necessary for us to cap the timeframe for opening a buyer complaint.
We have found that in most cases 180 days is a sufficient timeframe for a
buyer to notify PayPal that they have not received their item, or that
there is a problem with the item that they have received.

Additionally we are required to specify a set timeframe in our legal
agreements. This lets sellers know that they should keep their postal
information and other relevant transaction details for this period. It also
reassures buyers that should something happen with their purchase within a
180 day period, they can open a complaint with PayPal.

PayPal’s Buyer Protection offers an additional layer of security, however
this does not affect your consumer rights and we advise that you contact
the Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards for further information.

If you purchased the goods on an auction site you could also contact the
customer support for that auction site to find out if they have a
protection policy in place. We also recommend that you stay in contact with
your seller in order to reach a resolution.

If you'd like more information please have a look at our User Agreement.
You can find it by clicking on the 'Legal Agreements' link at the bottom of
any PayPal page

Sincerely,
Cian
Protection Services
___

#10634 8 years ago

We made payment via paypal then Jpop wanted CASH!!!! I sent both!

#10635 8 years ago

Cash = Check!!

#10636 8 years ago

I think there is a strong case against John for fraud.

Plus, how does he expect to steal a million dollars and get off without declaring bankrupsy and total liquidation? It's not right.

#10637 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

John has no moral compass so I expect to see him running for an upcoming political office when he's kicked off off his own game.
Btw I'm filling a complaint today on. https://ccformsubmission.ilattorneygeneral.net/

Good for you! I bet it feels good to have made that complaint, and taken some control back in this situation

What is the upper limit for a small claim of this kind? I think it might be USD$10,000.00? Rather than the big expense of lawyers for a contract complaint filing for $20,245.00 purchases (plus damages and interest and legal fees?), I'm wondering if I should just split my two orders with Jpop for MG and RAZA (they were separate, and have 2 separate, signed purchase agreements with Zidware). This breaks down to:

MG $15,995.00
RAZA $4,250.00

Although I'd lose $5,995.00 on MG potentially (if there's a $10k claim limit), the process would be easier, faster and cheaper, and presumably could get the money out of Jpop before he gets tied down in some big class action/bankruptcy-type situation, where unsecured creditors (us) will end up with pennies on the pound (sorry, dollar!)? Strategically, I'm wondering if pre-orderers should go down this route rather than protracted, expensive litigation with someone like Zane D. Smith?

#10638 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

With all the people joining the lawsuit and filing complaints, the shady Jpop accounting (or lack there of) will be exposed sooner than later and nullify any potential deal in favor of bankruptcy court. I respect what Pintasia is trying to do but I really think/hope that a judge somewhere saves them from making a huge mistake by diving into this mess hand in hand with Jpop. Much better to buy the remains at auction and start the project with the accounting fully exposed, any remaining funds returned to creditors, and most importantly: Jpop completely out of the picture.

As I've said before, I fear it's inevitable that the Pintasia deal will be voided by the litigation and eventual bankruptcy of Zidware +/- Jpop. Indeed, Jpop may decide to go bankrupt before he pays a penny via small claims court, and as the latter moves relatively quickly, the bankruptcy may not be far off. Jpop is clearly very canny in covering his a** legally and financially, at least in terms of not paying anyone. What a toad

#10639 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Plus, how does he expect to steal a million dollars and get off without declaring bankrupsy and total liquidation? It's not right.

You have an unrelated 3rd party try to right your wrongs and make it up to people.

This is such an unusual situation.

#10640 8 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I posted the above about two months ago in this thread. I'm still have no idea how many people were able to pay Jpop through paypal or by credit card, but you should call you credit card company immediately if you did at all.

As a follow up to my Predator situation. I called my CC company (Amex) and told them that I didn't receive my product; was lied to and decieved; and to do chargebacks on my payments. I received an email from Amex early last week saying my money was being credited back to my account (which it was).

Also, some of these payments were made well over a year ago. Maybe that can offer a little hope to some people.

First, sorry to hear of all of this. I was part of the Predator fiasco and feel for all those involved here. I hope everyone gets their money back if that is the choice.

There were many of us from the Kevin Kulek/Predator scam that were successful in recouping some of our money by working with our Credit Card companies/Banks to get the charges reversed/chargedback. Definitely go this route as you have nothing to lose for trying it. PayPal is not your "Pal", they have clearly proven they will not help.

Best of luck to all involved.

#10641 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm surprised that anybody who lost money would agree to anything less. How some people here (a lawyer no less) could be giving the advice to let JPOP off the hook legally and sign that agreement is beyond absurd. Step 1, force bankruptcy, step 2, demand criminal prosecution of JPOP for fraud, tax evasion, etc. The fact that he tried to take money just weeks ago from Rotor Dave's friend all but seals the case for fraud. I would be shocked if he reported all that income to the IRS. Report him under the whistleblower law and you may be entitled to a reward. The guy needs to go to jail.

#10642 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

You have a unrelated 3rd party try to right your wrongs and make it up to people.
This is such an unusual situation.

I think it's wonderful what Bill is attempting, but has he done his due diligence? He has hopefully had Jpop's accounts audited to exclude criminality, otherwise this is a hiding to nothing, and indeed Bill might even get into trouble.

The purchasers need to be informed about all this information. I had a PM from Bill saying call me and giving a number, but I want a proper business communication on letter-headed paper, and full transparency. This all looks very amateurish and half-assed to be blunt, notwithstanding Bill's pedigree of business success, which I don't dispute.

As Sherlock Holmes would say: "give me the facts, Watson". Currently we have no facts about what happened to our million dollars! A phone call with Bill to reassure me (which legally didn't happen unless it's in writing) won't do.

#10643 8 years ago
Quoted from Half_Life:

PayPal is not your "Pal", they have clearly proven they will not help.

they do, as long as its within a timeframe.

AMEX sounds like a good credit card to be with, in cases like this.

please correct me if i am wrong, but have some people paid for MG in full ?? like 16k ??

#10644 8 years ago

I apologize for my rant on major, pinballs and sad sack. Major, I know you are a victim in this. Besides, regardless on being $ at risk or just a pinsiders, as a group, we deserve justice as a community. Emotions got the best of me yesterday - and I posted poorly , venting behind the keyboard.

Also, Major, thank you for your service, I do feel bad about my comments, and want to be on everyone's side looking for some positive outcome.

Thanks for reading - I truly am sorry.
Dan

#10645 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I apologize for my rant on major, pinballs and sad sack. Major, I know you are a victim in this. Besides, regardless on being $ at risk or just a pinsiders, as a group, we deserve justice as a community. Emotions got the best of me yesterday - and I posted poorly , venting behind the keyboard.
Also, Major, thank you for your service, I do feel bad about my comments, and want to be on everyone's side looking for some positive outcome.
Dan

Classy.

#10646 8 years ago

Re: Illinois attorney general complaint.... It does get results, many stories of successful cases, either resolved pre or post court date, from a competent group of people who do protect the people.

#10647 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Dan

I want to apologise too. I made some rather petulant, ranty posts last night (beered up in the jacuzzi never a good time to post!).

#10648 8 years ago

I want to make sure the current customers understand the math. Definitely not saying this is the wrong way to do business, just think this is important for people to comprehend.

Pintasia is obviously going to spend a decent chunk of money getting the games finalized.

I'd imagine the the first games will go to fulfilling Pintasia's original order(s). Then, the first profits Pintasia makes will be used to pay back the amount they spend getting the games finished. Then after all that has been paid back, any extra will be divided among the owners to offset a *new* purchase.

Not saying that is the wrong way to do it, but current customers that think this leads to them getting a game just need to understand the raw math behind it and where they fall in the pecking order.

For example, if it takes Pintasia $500k more to get the game to a state someone like Stern would agree to manufacture it, and they make $2.5k profit on each machine sold, they would need to sell 200 new orders to recoup the money Pintasia puts into finishing it. New profits beyond that, minus Pintasia costs, will get split up among owners toward a new purchase.

If JPop took $1M in pre-orders, at $2.5k profit per unit, they would need to sell 400 new units beyond the 200 above to make the owners "whole".

It's not impossible, it's just going to be a VERY long time before owners see a dime, even if they start selling new units through a manufacturer. That very likely means someone off the street could purchase a MG years before an original purchaser gets theirs.

Someone correct me if I misunderstand any of that.

#10649 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I had a PM from Bill saying call me and giving a number

He contacted me the same way. I did call him though as I figured I should at least speak to him before continuing to speak out publicly about everything.

I made no commitments to anything, and am not signing anything.

I feel strongly about demonstrating to everyone things are different by not letting John demo his machine. That will be my test. The show is only next week so I will wait to see what happens.

#10650 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Re: Illinois attorney general complaint.... It does get results, many stories of successful cases, either resolved pre or post court date, from a competent group of people who do protect the people.

Do we know if there is an upper limit to these claims? What does it cost to make a claim? Is it only for US citizens?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/213 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.