(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 490.
#10301 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have no solution.
I don't like the proposed solution, but it may be better than nothing.

Sad but true. Nobody signed up for this!

Only one person I am really angry about this situation!

#10302 8 years ago

Bill, without having a manufacturer yet, people are going to be skeptical & still afraid of losing their money. There's no guarantee you'll be able to find someone to finish and build these things. You're just not going to get all the buyers on board....especially with this big question looming: "Where's the f*cking money?" (To quote The Big Lebowski). If you're going to make this work, you have to find out what John did with the money. If you don't, he gets off and has scammed everyone. If you truly plan to finish this project, that's noble - but IMO a better plan would be to refund everyone first. Make everyone whole. John's gotta still have some of the money - get it back to buyers. Whatever he doesn't have, pay them back yourself as part of the "Zidware buyout." No one will be mad or sue at this point. Everyone's happy, John is out, you have a game you beleive in - get the plans in place to finish and manufacture ....offer it for sale. If you truly believe this game is so amazing and worth saving, this seems to be the route to go.

#10303 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, he'll end up cancelling his appearance just like he did at MGC, blaming it on prepping for lawsuits this time instead of Wired.com

Why would you think JPOP would appear at the show, I HIGHLY doubt it, I think it was suggested the MACHINE would be, not JPOP. He would piss down his leg at the first person who raised their voice at him.

#10304 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Programming is 80% of the work in creating a pinball machine. If they're starting over from zero and hiring "a programmer" it'll be at least a year before there's a finished game.

There is code for the current setup, and you can actually sort of play a game on it. But unless they're going to shovel large amounts of money at Jim, I doubt he'd want to be involved -- so someone is going to have to start over.

For the current setup on mg (when i exited the project) there was plenty of code written, for things like:

• base game play
• ball save
• bonus
• skillshot
• jets
• upper lanes
• up post
• magic letters
• lion saw
• newton ball
• owl target
• potion letters
• magic shop/scoop
• loops
• center spinner
• center lock
• centre targets
• spiral ramp
• wand ramps
• lock
• multiball
• jackpots
• quick multiball
• telsa subway
• mini magnet playfield
• jinx motor
• attract
• service mode with tests, audits, settings, coin door open

All the above had sounds, animation, graphics and rules

I have plenty of videos of things as they stood when i exited these projects. I would like to know how vendors and contractors will be reimbursed for their losses and why i have been repeatedly ignored for over a year. I say again that to soak up over 3 months of non payment for a small company like myself almost finished me. I have remained professional throughout this and not listed the sum involved and given Zidware plenty of chance to sort out their mess.

I can't believe that refunds are not being offered to customers who want out. Disgraceful.

#10305 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, he'll end up cancelling his appearance just like he did at MGC, blaming it on prepping for lawsuits this time instead of Wired.com

Pintasia will be unveiling a Magic girl prototype at a show in June 2015. Not JPOP. We are making arrangements for our people to fly to Chicago to drive the machine to the show of choice with care. We will make the announcements as soon as details are confirmed. Here is the artwork for the banner we are getting made for the show. Look forward to meeting you all at the show!

mg_bannerSMALL (2).jpgmg_bannerSMALL (2).jpg
#10306 8 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

People who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it
Big Bang Bar. Gene designed nothing, had parts made . machine still took 3 years and a lot of favors, to pull it off
Wayne never had a factory when he took deposits for Medieval Madness remake. With no manufacturing experience, it took many years before the idea folded
JJP, had manufacturing experience, but no engineering or programming expertise, took 3 ½ years (he had been working on this a year before his announcement) to get the game rolling off the assembly line. Electronics not up to standard and found to not be able to handle pinball life
People need to look deeper, beyond the promise, before handing over the well earned $$$

If this rescue plan takes off and a single MG makes it through production and ships, I'll be draining this thread. I almost can't bare opening this thread .. all day, every day. But once production begins, the design chapter closes and a new nightmare begins ...called manufacturing.

#10307 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bill, without having a manufacturer yet, people are going to be skeptical & still afraid of losing their money. There's no guarantee you'll be able to find someone to finish and build these things. You're just not going to get all the buyers on board....especially with this big question looming: "Where's the f*cking money?" (To quote The Big Lebowski). If you're going to make this work, you have to find out what John did with the money. If you don't, he gets off and has scammed everyone. If you truly plan to finish this project, that's noble - but IMO a better plan would be to refund everyone first. Make everyone whole. John's gotta still have some of the money - get it back to buyers. Whatever he doesn't have, pay them back yourself as part of the "Zidware buyout." No one will be mad or sue at this point. Everyone's happy, John is out, you have a game you beleive in - get the plans in place to finish and manufacture ....offer it for sale. If you truly believe this game is so amazing and worth saving, this seems to be the route to go.

I will drop all legal action when I get my money back. I'll cover the attorney fees so far out of pocket. I just want out, I don't care who is going to "get it done". I think what bill is doing is noble and thank him for his efforts. I wish him and anyone who wants to stay in the best of luck.

#10308 8 years ago
Quoted from PINTASIA:

Pintasia will be unveiling a Magic girl prototype at a show in June 2015. Not JPOP. We are making arrangements for our people to fly to Chicago to drive the machine to the show of choice with care. We will make the announcements as soon as details are confirmed. Here is the artwork for the banner we are getting made for the show. Look forward to meeting you all at the show!

mg_bannerSMALL (2).jpg (Click image to enlarge)

A poster! Now we're getting somewhere! LOL.

#10309 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

For the current setup on mg (when i exited the project) there was plenty of code written, for things like:

base game play
ball save
bonus
skillshot
jets
upper lanes
up post
magic letters
lion saw
newton ball
owl target
potion letters
magic shop/scoop
loops
center spinner
center lock
centre targets
spiral ramp
wand ramps
lock
multiball
jackpots
quick multiball
telsa subway
mini magnet playfield
jinx motor
attract
service mode with tests, audits, settings, coin door open

ie: exactly the state of it on demo at this show.

#10310 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

We will have a working game pretty soon

Uh oh. Heard that before.

PS: I'll be collecting my money from John. Won't be part of any new deal, sorry. Maybe I'll buy a game if it's ever released and if it's any good.

#10311 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

once production begins, the design chapter closes and a new nightmare begins ...called manufacturing.

And that manufacturing chapter is 4 times harder than the prototype chapter. Showing a working prototype isn't proof of a single production game ever being made. Far from it.

If Stern takes this on it could kill them. At the very least it would be a black eye when it eventually ends in failure.

I want no part of this mess. I want my money back for RAZA. Let me know when to expect my check.

#10312 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I'm going to bed however to answer simply, if john is fielding law suits all day every day then we cannot get out of him what we need in these machines simple as that.

Even in the extremely unlikely event that you get all owners to sign off that they won't sue JPop, what about all of the unpaid vendors?

Do you really think that they will just sit back and watch this unfold without taking legal action to get paid on their past due invoices?

You can have every single owner of MG, RAZA, and AIW sign off on your agreement, and Zidware can still be put into bankruptcy.

#10313 8 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Where's PDXMonkey now?
image.jpg

He is busy thumbing down posts in this thread.

#10314 8 years ago

I think it's appalling that Pintasia will demo MG at the NW show, with Applejuice's coding running the machine, whilst Zidware/Pintasia haven't paid Applejuice for 3 months of his work, nearly bankrupting him. Ditto for all the other vendors, Cointaker etc.

If the vendor and refund issue isn't addressed now, then Pintasia shows itself to be ethically moribund from the outset, and also rather naive to think that all the legal action will simply go away and not impact on them. Passing the baton from Jpop to Pintasia does not mean Pintasia gets off scot free. Apart from anything else, the legal action will take away the baton from them!

Yet here we are, with pretty posters. Nothing more than pinball revisionism. Appalling!

#10315 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

We will have a working game pretty soon

So you guys are ALMOST caught up to where SkitB was... but not quite....

#10316 8 years ago

I want to know why John has not been sued by any vendors yet. I'll tell you what if I was Cointaker that would have happened the minute he told me he was too busy to go over the invoices.

#10317 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

So you guys are ALMOST caught up to where SkitB was... but not quite....

To be fair, wcbrandes has something SkitB didn't have. Really deep pockets.

If he threw 5 million at MG, I have no doubt he would end up with a finished machine, but that's an awful lot to pay for a custom machine designed by a piece of shit.

#10318 8 years ago

As I said before, I'll take 75 cents on the dollar that was in the original contract. Are other owners willing to do the same?

I'll drop any legal action I am going to pursue and I'll be a customer on this game, if it gets made.

#10319 8 years ago

This thread is just amazing. I really, really hope to see some good come out of all this mess.

#10320 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If he threw 5 million at MG, I have no doubt he would end up with a finished machine, but that's an awful lot to pay for a custom machine designed by a piece of shit.

The guy may be - no, I've read the thread, he IS a piece of shit....

...but the piece of shit makes amazing games.

#10321 8 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

A poster! Now we're getting somewhere! LOL.

Showing a poster is EXACTLY the kind of crap John would post in his blog.

I know Pintasia wants to come out of gate with something, but YIKES.

#10322 8 years ago

Still no answers why Popaduik screwed the deal with deeproot in favour of this one.

#10323 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

So he's going to "guarantee" it?

#10324 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Wolfmarsh, calling John a POS is unwarranted. I think all of us have more respect for a POS then we do John. Putting John in the same category as a POS is insulting to the POS.

#10325 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I can't believe how much time and effort some of you have spent in this thread. If you were getting paid by the hour you guys would have enough cash to refund everyone! Fire up the grill, pop open a beverage and thank a veteran… do something worthwhile this weekend.

Are you going to sign the Pintasia agreement Tony?

#10326 8 years ago

Someone needs to email this thread to a reality tv producer stat.... THIS is the pinball reality show that would captivate the World and glue them to their tv screens! If by some miracle this plan were to actually work than it would make such endeavors as the GM auto bailout pale in comparison... WCBrandes would be a modern day Lee Iacocca if he can pull this off! Can the millionaire hotel entrepreneur and wacky pinball inventor team up to save Magic Girl, or will we watch them go down in flames? Tune in this week on Bravo's "The Pinball Inventor".....

#10327 8 years ago

Someone needs to post Ben Yetters comment about Jpop and his games getting delivered. I can't find it .

#10328 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

• base game play
• ball save
• bonus
• skillshot
• jets
• upper lanes
• up post
• magic letters
• lion saw
• newton ball
• owl target
• potion letters
• magic shop/scoop
• loops
• center spinner
• center lock
• centre targets
• spiral ramp
• wand ramps
• lock
• multiball
• jackpots
• quick multiball
• telsa subway
• mini magnet playfield
• jinx motor
• attract
• service mode with tests, audits, settings, coin door open
All the above had sounds, animation, graphics and rules
I have plenty of videos of things as they stood when i exited these projects. I would like to know how vendors and contractors will be reimbursed for their losses and why i have been repeatedly ignored for over a year. I say again that to soak up over 3 months of non payment for a small company like myself almost finished me. I have remained professional throughout this and not listed the sum involved and given Zidware plenty of chance to sort out their mess.
I can't believe that refunds are not being offered to customers who want out. Disgraceful.

The idea that this man's unpaid work will be displayed in the form of a prototype is reason enough not to sign the agreement. I am very happy to see Cointaker and Zombie feeling much better about things. Now I need to hear from GLM and the programmer.

#10329 8 years ago

I have skin in the game... I'm sitting on the fence.

I'm very encouraged with Bill's effort to make this happen vs. well, we all know what other options are.

In addition, I'm pleased to hear MG will be revealed soon (what ever it is) and not just a poster of it. I also feel at least we can see / touch something tangetalble then. This will help us in our decisions to move forward.

#10330 8 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

The idea that this man's unpaid work will be displayed in the form of a prototype is reason enough not to sign the agreement. I am very happy to see Cointaker and Zombie feeling much better about things. Now I need to hear from GLM and the programmer.

Put another way, if you were approached by Pintasia to do their coding, artwork etc etc (as they will have to do to get MG made), would you want to work for them..?

I hope Pintasia go back to Cointaker, Applejuice etc and give them the work. Then at least these guys can get paid, and maybe even get additional work (for which they would want to be paid in advance going forward, of course!).

#10331 8 years ago
Quoted from PINTASIA:

mg_bannerSMALL (2).jpg (Click image to enlarge)

This will start getting very interesting. If you have a prototype actually at the show in about 3-4 weeks after Zidware couldn't do it in 3-4 YEARS, I'll admit, that will be an eyebrow raiser.

Three bottom lines here:

1. The vendors/suppliers need to be taken care of. If you are going to debut this prototype with working code and supplies from vendors, at the very least, they need to be given SOME KIND of compensation for their work, efforts, or material contributions. Know that trying to clean this mess up is going to take a long time, and you may have lots of ca$h, but some problems aren't going to be "bought off".

2. Zidware needs to be absolutely nuked from this new setup. I wouldn't consult John Popadiuk for help on how to watch paint dry at this point. His name needs to be absolutely wiped free and clean of Pintasia. You cannot have his toxic reputation anywhere near this new endeavor.

3. John Popadiuk needs to fry (metaphorically speaking) for what he's done to our community. He must work for the government because he FLAT OUT STOLE over 1 million dollars from us. He has committed fraud, lied to us for years, taken pre-orders weeks before he already KNEW everything was belly up, has zero integrity, zero character, and is the pus filled pimple on the complexion of pinball. He needs to rot in litigation hell, and should ABSOLUTELY NOT be given some kind of back-door, get-out-of-jail free clause in ANY new contract you are asking the customers sign. He needs to burn for what he's done; he has nearly bankrupted people who contributed to the lost cause of MG, he stole from people without impunity, and he is bereft of any sense of moral responsibility. You should absolutely NOT be asking anyone to "tie their own hands up" saying "don't sue our pretty little golden boy consultant" - NO.... - John Popadiuk needs to fear stealing two cents out of the "take a penny" jar at a Circle K for the rest of his life.

I don't care how amazing he was, what he designed, or who he once worked for. He is a thief, and he needs to face the music he wrote and the bed he made. DO NOT LET HIM OFF FOR HIS PAST ACTIONS.

I will give you this: seeing a poster without ANY mention of Zidware is a good start.

#10332 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

We totally understand that it is of utmost importance to confirm the manufacturer. If you have read our correspondence, you will see that we are making this a priority. Nobody needs to make ANY decisions until we firm that up. We are not asking anybody for money prior to this being done. I hope that this message is loud and clear. This is a process, it's not overnight. We are working as fast as we can to get all the various components in place. In the meantime, our focus is on all activities that move it forward to getting a machine in customer's hands.

Zidware's accounting is not our problem. That is something that John Popadiuk will have to produce and he is the only one who can do that. However, if you read our post from last night, Post#10133 you will understand why we decided to move forward in this manner. Everyone can spend all the time, money and effort with attorneys to try to get money from Zidware...customers will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar at the end of the day. There is nothing there to pursue, like squeezing blood out of a stone. We realize this so we are trying to do something positive to try and make the money in order to make customers whole. This is the only way. We will work hard to get machines produced and provide 1 credits for the money given to Zidware. We do not need to provide credits, we WANT to provide credits, this is the reason we are doing it.

If we went the bankruptcy route, we would have no obligations to provide anything to Zidware customers. John Popadiuk would have his debts wiped out. By placing him into involuntary bankruptcy you would actually be helping him out and paying for the trustee costs.

In reading posts I believe that there is still a lot of misunderstanding about what we, Pintasia are doing. This is the bottom line. We are getting the prototypes completed to hand over to a capable manufacturer to get produced (as soon as this contract is finalized, it will be announced). We will make sales for machines to new customers. Profits made from this endeavor are going back to all of the Zidware customers to help make everyone whole before we make any money. That is how we can provide 1 credit, think about it...we still have to pay the BOM to get the games made! We did not receive any money from Zidware. The monies given to Zidware as deposits is gone. We are creating profits not to line our pockets, we are creating profits in order to provided 1 credits to customers.

We read the post about all the Zidware customers banning together to take the IP and get games produced. That IS what we are already doing on everyone's behalf by licensing the IP. This is business, you must have money and experience. We are utilizing our business expertise and our money and time to take this on to help everyone with the support of many to make this happen.

#10333 8 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

No letter, email, or correspondence so far received here. I do want these projects to succeed, hence myself continuing to develop the systems for as long as I could and selling my own games to keep myself going, before having to say enough is enough.

All I am looking for is for my contract agreements and unpaid invoices to be settled in full. If this can happen I am more than happy to provide any handover assistance I can in terms of what code is written, what isn't, the hardware, the os, the graphics engine etc etc so any new team can get going asap.

#10334 8 years ago
Quoted from RandyV:

Man -- just when it couldn't get any weirder.
I feel for those of you who have lost money in this. The new licensee thing is like watching someone try to convince a person with a gambling problem to lay down just one more big bet because they know it'll hit big and save you.
Sorry folks, park's closed. The moose out front should have told you.

The absolute best post in the thread.
Sums up everything in a humorous way.
Thanks Randy.

#10335 8 years ago

To pintasia:

Zidware is currently being sued by Bruce Zamost (filed 7th May). How does that impact on your plans (together with pending litigation)? I appreciate what you are trying to do, but isn't it dead in the water? How can you use the assets of Zidware when it's about to be liquidated? If I'm wrong, please explain the legalities to me like I'm a cretin.

On a related point, I'm wondering if Pintasia should start an FAQ thread, because there are a LOT of questions to be answered before anyone signs on the dotted line, I suspect.

#10336 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Beyond anything else, the main issue with buying into any LE/Premium/Standard model, regardless of the terms, is we don't know the differences. I think everyone can agree that without the exclusivity factor, MG is NOT a $16k machine. Frankly from my perspective it isn't a $12k machine either. Regardless, what is going to be different to create the $4-6k difference between models? The game is already so cluttered, how can there be room to add anything worthwhile. If you're not adding more for the LE, then you're removing for the lower model, which already isn't worth the price even without being neutered.

I'm with you, Cheeks. Now that we are talking about a much larger run of MG's, the game simply won't be worth close to $16K. I think they need to forget about this LE nonsense and focus 100% of their efforts on making one incredible MG model priced at $10K. Since MG is the furthest along, RAZA and AIW should be completely off the table for now. If MG turns out to be as good as they think it will be, they should be able to sell enough units at that price to make everyone whole. The MG buyers will get $6K refunds, and the RAZA and AIW buyers will be able to convert their deposits into MG deposits (1). I believe this would make the maximum number of people happy. If the game doesn't turn out to be a home run, then this whole conversation is moot anyway. The reality is that everything hinges on MG being f**cking awesome. It's the only way they will get the necessary funds needed to get the game made.

#10337 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

...not a hobbyist....

I hope that comment wasn't aimed at me...

#10338 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

No letter, email, or correspondence so far received here. I do want these projects to succeed, hence myself continuing to develop the systems for as long as I could and selling my own games to keep myself going, before having to say enough is enough.
All I am looking for is for my contract agreements and unpaid invoices to be settled in full. If this can happen I am more than happy to provide any handover assistance I can in terms of what code is written, what isn't, the hardware, the os, the graphics engine etc etc so any new team can get going asap.

Pintasia - call applejuice and let us know he is is being paid.

#10339 8 years ago

From pinstasia - We totally understand that it is of utmost importance to confirm the manufacturer. If you have read our correspondence, you will see that we are making this a priority. Nobody needs to make ANY decisions until we firm that up. We are not asking anybody for money prior to this being done.

Are you going to ask for money once the manufacturer has been announced? When are you going to ask for money from the RAZA owners who provided the money that kept the development of MG going?

#10340 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

The investor is Bill Brandes -- aka. "wcbrandes", a respected member of the pinball community. ,,,Again, Bill has only had the keys for what... 2 days? And it's a long weekend. Give it time..

Wait, wcbrandes has time to sleep?

John "worked" 16 hour days / 365 days a year.

#10341 8 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

I hope that comment wasn't aimed at me...

It wasn't aimed at you and it's nothing personal to any hobby programmers but 16k for a machine you want a proven programmer who can make an excellent rule set. Sure a number of people can program a pinball machine and you have proven you can but fun rule sets is an art. Until people prove they can make an excellent rule set I wouldn't spend anywhere near that amount of money on a pin with an unproven rules programmer. for that amount of money you want quality all the way around.

#10342 8 years ago
Quoted from PINTASIA:

This is the only way.

Or someone could buy Zidware as-is, assume all the debt and get the game made in a straight-forward way.

This bullshit "license" is not for the "good of pinball". It does nothing but protect both you and Popaduik from lawyers. Not a good start.

#10343 8 years ago
Quoted from PINTASIA:

We totally understand that it is of utmost importance to confirm the manufacturer. If you have read our correspondence, you will see that we are making this a priority. Nobody needs to make ANY decisions until we firm that up. We are not asking anybody for money prior to this being done. I hope that this message is loud and clear. This is a process, it's not overnight. We are working as fast as we can to get all the various components in place. In the meantime, our focus is on all activities that move it forward to getting a machine in customer's hands.
Zidware's accounting is not our problem. That is something that John Popadiuk will have to produce and he is the only one who can do that. However, if you read our post from last night, Post#10133 you will understand why we decided to move forward in this manner. Everyone can spend all the time, money and effort with attorneys to try to get money from Zidware...customers will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar at the end of the day. There is nothing there to pursue, like squeezing blood out of a stone. We realize this so we are trying to do something positive to try and make the money in order to make customers whole. This is the only way. We will work hard to get machines produced and provide 1 credits for the money given to Zidware. We do not need to provide credits, we WANT to provide credits, this is the reason we are doing it.
If we went the bankruptcy route, we would have no obligations to provide anything to Zidware customers. John Popadiuk would have his debts wiped out. By placing him into involuntary bankruptcy you would actually be helping him out and paying for the trustee costs.
In reading posts I believe that there is still a lot of misunderstanding about what we, Pintasia is doing. This is the bottom line. We are getting the prototypes completed to hand over to a capable manufacturer to get produced (as soon as this contract is finalized, it will be announced). We will make sales for machines to new customers. Profits made from this endeavor are going back to all of the Zidware customers to help make everyone whole before we make any money. That is how we can provide 1 credit, think about it...we still have to pay the BOM to get the games made! We did not receive any money from Zidware. The monies given to Zidware as deposits is gone. We are creating profits not to line our pockets, we are creating profits in order to provided 1 credits to customers.
We read the post about all the Zidware customers banning together to take the IP and get games produced. That IS what we are already doing on everyone's behalf by licensing the IP. This is business, you must have money and experience. We are utilizing our business expertise and our money and time to take this on to help everyone with the support of many to make this happen.

I understand most of this, I cannot understand why JPoop is involved in n any way going forward. Kick him out. It's that easy. No one wants to be associated with him. If you are giving him any money then that it's money those of us who do not sign can go after him for.

The only way this works is to remove John entirely from this project, work a deal out with Vendors to get some money to them. Even if it is a percentage of what is owed with a balance upon completion. At least it is something.

I started before, I'm willing to be bought out at 75 % of what I'm invested. There may be more of us, included vendors, that would take that deal and try and help you succeed.

I'm also a customer, after the buyout, if you can make a great game, but not if John is involved.

#10344 8 years ago

I believe in Pintasia,i rolled the dice once,let's do it again,I like to gamble.

aa mg3.jpgaa mg3.jpg
#10345 8 years ago

Also, if Popaduik is forced into bankruptcy, isn't any licensing deal within the last few months null and void?

So basically you need *everyone* to not sue Popaduik. And that's just not going to happen.

#10346 8 years ago

Wouldn't a lawsuit freeze all assets of Zidware, Jpop, whatever? Just like a divorce, once the action is proceeding the husband can't go sell his Lamborghini and take the cash. I don't understand how the IP can transfer or is it that the transfer was done prior to any action? If so doesn't the new owner have to assume liabilities for the IP they purchased?

#10347 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

A lot of these concerns can be answered with....

Maybe, but your ’design consultant’ needs to be put on a leash, because he is still trying to take in prepayments after you stepped in and offered him a way out.

#10348 8 years ago

Pintasia-
Who are you? I am seeing posts from WC Brandes and posts from Pintasia, is this the same person?
What happens with all of the expensive machinery and equipment and the piles of revised artwork John has acquired over the years under your plan, does he just get to keep everything? Are you folks going to pay him some type of monthly salary to keep the lights on at his shop? Have you taken a complete inventory of Zidware and all of the parts sitting on the shelves for these games?

#10349 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

For the current setup on mg (when i exited the project) there was plenty of code written.

Hi applejuice, we tried to PM you to initiate conversation but the message would not go through. Please try sending us a PM with your name and contact details. Thank you!

#10350 8 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

John has to finish his work on MG in a small dark room with no windows on live webcam wearing a dunce cap.

I might join the pre-order list NOW just to see this..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.