(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 490.
#10201 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And boy... that Magic Girl demo that is scheduled to come up. It better knock everyone's socks off. You're now not just showing it to 19 people, you've got to convince hundreds more that it is a $16k machine.

I'll bet its a no show .... hope I'm wrong but that's how it looks to me

Quoted from pinball_customs:One thing is for sure, we won't be seeing John at any shows any time soon..

I Agree !!

#10202 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

put some faith behind him

Not putting "faith" into anyone. Not anymore.

I will look at a business plan, like any investment. Things have to make sense on paper. If it doesn't, or if there is no plan, then there is nothing for me to consider.

#10203 8 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

The LE can be exclusive just by changing, say, the playfields background color from purple to yellow or something simple like that. Premiums vs standards could be something like removing a magnet or those spinning outline things. It doesn't need to be much of a change at all for the game to be different and thus more rare. It's all in the eye of the beholder... Look at stern's LEs vs Prems, really just some art change, no?

Worst way to design a Standard/Pro is to start with the game you really want to build and strip features. Thats how you wind up with a giant ugly Angus Young face taking up a quarter of your playfield.

These games already seem overpriced, even the Standard is going to have to above and beyond anything ever created. Ain't believin' it!

#10204 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

No skin at all in this mess. If I did I would probably sign up to pintasia provided the clause regarding not being able to sue was removed.
The team looks impressive on paper but what pinball manufacturing experience do they have? Or manufacturing plain and simple. I know they want to contract it out but decent knowledge is required still to produce a doable machine.
Personal experience- my father had a successful timber window business, used to turn over 5 to 6 mill per annum. Sold it to a group of people who looked great on paper, five years later they are in liquidation, they manage to sell it to a 'better'group of people, this mob lasted 18 months, they managed to sell it again to yet a better group on paper, so far some of the decisions they have made has my father shaking his head....
The common theme no purchaser had any window manufacturing experience and trust me making windows is a hell of a lot easier than making/designing a pinball machine.
Be wary....
PS John popaduik is a 100 percent certified knob.

GREAT POST.

I think the new entity should change the language, if you get a refund voluntarily or if you manage to sue John and get a refund, than you don't get the partial credit (that would be double dipping by the buyer). But there should not be any language that protects John.

In fact, what does the new owner think about John taking deposits for AIW? Are you telling me he spent over $1M maybe $1.5M and he doesn't have anything left to refund anyone? That's ridiculous.

#10205 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Didn't all the people who knew who the anonymous licensee was say we'd all feel so much better after they revealed themselves? That it was someone well-known in the community?
I don't know about you guys but I've never heard of any of the people on that list. And none of them have any manufacturing experience.
And what's the crap about "Programmer: TBD"? Why don't you *pay* the existing programmer what he's owed and let him finish?
This update offers zero relief for anyone, and it seriously makes me question the reputation of guys like Iceman or ChrisVW if they really believed the "reveal" would solve anything..

The investor is Bill Brandes -- aka. "wcbrandes", a respected member of the pinball community.

As for the programmer, perhaps Bill is already in negotiations with the original programmer? We don't know what's going on there, and maybe it's too early in negotiations for Bill to reveal that. Or perhaps Stern will only be on board if one of their programmers handles it? Again, Bill has only had the keys for what... 2 days? And it's a long weekend. Give it time..

#10206 8 years ago

To yank him out of the design process and put a no-name in his place is a bad idea.

Nevermind the whole injustice angle of letting him continue to play tinpot dictator. Let's look at his history.

It could be argued that his best two games are WCS and CV. *Both* of those games were taken out of his hands and finished by someone else, and play a million times better than they did before he was yanked.

What exactly is left to do on MG? The playfield is complete, so it needs tweaking and software, all of which could be done by half a dozen experienced designers out there, like say Barry Oursler. Or even a new guy - he's just playing cleanup at this point. You've got the artist, and just pay the existing programmer what he's owed and let him finish. No Popaduik needed.

There's playfield drawings of the other games too, just take that and run with it.

But ultimately the smartest play is to let this hit Chapter 7 and let the light of day clean out the filth, then pick up the pieces free and clear with ZERO Popaduik involvement. Given that two different business deals were in play even in this state means *SOMEONE* will pick up the pieces and try to continue, *and* Popaduik gets what's coming to him for defrauding people for years.

#10207 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

What about all the vendors and contractors that are owed large sums of money from working with zidware????? We part funded the projects on our knowledge and dime to

Sue his fat ass.

#10208 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

It seems unbelievable that the 'project' could continue, with no/few vendors being paid, and no pre-orderers refunded even a penny. For the vendors in particular, it is a disgusting, potentially bankrupting situation for them. They don't have an 'angel' to come in and rescue them! And they deserve such an eventuality far more than Jpop.
There are open clauses in the new agreement regarding future costs. It's wide open legally- no protection for the consumer, and of course a 'get out of jail free' clause for Jpop. No sensible person would sign up to this new agreement, and certainly not after 4 years and the lost money and all the shenanigans.
I emailed Jpop with a final request for refund before legal action. On the high likelihood he doesn't reply, I will be going to court over this, hopefully as part of a class action. I know that other people have contacted/will contact the attorney too.
So here's the reality of the situation- Jpop/Zidware is going to get sued. How does that affect this proposed new arrangement? Obviously, it kills it. So why are we pretending otherwise? Zidware is toast. It's over. MG/RAZA/AIW customers need to accept this reality NOW, and not perpetuate this nightmare any further. Maybe later, after the bankruptcy etc, other people can take these machines forward without resorting to a ponzi-type scheme. And I really have had enough of Jpop and his blasted legal agreements!! Enough already.
I accept that I'll probably not get my money back, but there is a point of principle here. And if Jpop has committed fraud, it's out of our hands anyway, because that will be investigated regardless of civil suits.
So people, please, wake up and smell the coffee! Zidware and this 'project' are dead.

This is 100% what I see, Kevin 2.0

#10209 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

Worst way to design a Standard/Pro is to start with the game you really want to build and strip features. Thats how you wind up with a giant ugly Angus Young face taking up a quarter of your playfield.
These games already seem overpriced, even the Standard is going to have to above and beyond anything ever created. Ain't believin' it!

Never said it was a good way to do things, I said it's a simple solution to the problem. The more complex of a change you make to differentiate things the longer and more expensive the timelines become. Do you reaaaaaaly want to wait x more months and be charged y more $ for a significant playfields redesigns and custom-bits production delays? Or would you rather have the games sooner then later in a more streamlined way?

#10210 8 years ago

The investor is Bill Brandes -- aka. "wcbrandes", a respected member of the pinball community.

Me having never heard of him of course doesn't mean much. He might be respected but he's not anyone of particular note in the pinball *manufacturing* business.

As for the programmer, perhaps Bill is already in negotiations with the original programmer?

The guy posted in this thread before the reveal and I got the impression this whole thing was a surprise to him. So, yeah. Not feeling good on this whole deal.

Why did Popaduik choose this deal over the deeproot one? Answer that question...

#10211 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Here's another idea:
My contract with Zidware states if a new buyer for my spot cannot be found I'll be paid 75 cents on the dollar.
This clause should be used to handle refunds, because it is fair, and is what I agreed with (and I assume everyone did), and Zidware is not replacing owners so it is legit.
So people interested in continuing with Pintasia can get 100% credit for staying in, and those that must get off the ride can get 75% back from Zid.
That is a fair motivation for people to stay in and avoid the lawsuits.

Quoted from hank527:

I love this idea. It is a fantastic option as no one is going to sue John over 25%

#10212 8 years ago

In the beginning was the plan.

And then came the assumptions.

And the assumptions were without form.

And the plan was without substance.

And darkness was upon the face of the Creditors.

And they spoke among themselves saying,

"It is a crock of shit and it stinketh."

And the creditors went unto Pinsiders and said,

"It is a pale of dung and none may abide the odor thereof."

And the Pinsiders went unto their lawyers and said,

"It is a container of excrement and it is very strong, such that none may abide by it."

And the Pinsiders went unto Pantasia, saying,

"It is a vessel of fertilizer, and none may abide its strength."

And Pantasia spoke among themselves, saying to one another,

"It contains that which aids plant growth and it is very strong."

And the Pantasia went unto the customers, saying unto them,

"It promotes growth and is very powerful."

And the customers went unto their wives, saying unto them,

"The new plan will promote the growth and vigor of the company, with powerful effects."

And the wives looked upon the plan and saw that it was good.

And the plan became policy.

This is how divorce happens.

#10213 8 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

Never said it was a good way to do things, I said it's a simple solution to the problem. The more complex of a change you make to differentiate things the longer and more expensive the timelines become. Do you reaaaaaaly want to wait x more months and be charged y more $ for a significant playfields redesigns and custom-bits production delays? Or would you rather have the games sooner then later in a more streamlined way?

I'd rather have one fully featured game at a fixed price than all the Premium/LE/Pro nonsense. That doesn't have anything to do with the JPop debacle though.

#10214 8 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I'd rather have one fully featured game at a fixed price than all the Premium/LE/Pro nonsense. That doesn't have anything to do with the JPop debacle though.

Fair enough

#10215 8 years ago

How about John gets cut as consultant and Ben Heck gets brought in. That would get people excited, and maybe Ben can make some money from pinball for a change. I'm sure he'd love some "jpop bucks".

#10216 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

How about John gets cut as consultant and Ben Heck gets brought in.

See, there's an idea - we know Ben can handle clean up duty on the playfield if it needs tweaking. No need for Popaduik anywhere near this.

#10217 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

See, there's an idea - we know Ben can handle clean up duty on the playfield if it needs tweaking. No need for Popaduik anywhere near this.

It would probably be poetic that John's first and last pinball games were taken away from him and finished by other people.

#10218 8 years ago

I would agree to the Pintasia agreement if:

John opens up whatever financial records he kept to show how much he received and how much he spent and how much he has left.

John is drained of any financial enrichment from this project and has to repay whatever salary he took.

John takes no salary from Pintasia for any future design work.

John has to finish his work on MG in a small dark room with no windows on live webcam wearing a dunce cap.

After finishing MG/RAZA and AIW he is demoted to cleaning the bathrooms at any U.S held pinball show and made to sweep the floors in a clown costume.

I think the general consensus here is that people are angry at John and want him punished for what he did, deservedly, and do not want him to get away with what he has done. But speaking from anger and emotions always clouds your judgment. We should keep an open mind about this new opportunity that wasn't available a week ago, if we have something constructive to ad that's fine but let's stop coming across like an angry lynch mob. Constructive ideas are one thing, adding fuel to the fire is another, let's do what's best for all involved and be aware that unfortunately some people on Pinside would get their jollies from watching this fail than succeed.

#10219 8 years ago

Yesterday I spoke with Bill from Pintasia, which is more than I have been able to do with John Popaduik.

I listened to what he has to say, ask some questions and actually got some answers, which is more than I have been able to do with John Popaduik. I know, repeat....

I liked what he said and his wanting to move this project forward. There are many hurdles ahead, but hopefully with a lot of work and communications with customers to address all of the issues left to fester the past 3 years. There may be light ahead. I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt. I look forward to the questions from customers and answers that will be coming from Pintasia. I felt a little positive after my conversation with Bill, which you know is more then I have had with John Popaduik in quite some time.

Actually got a email today from them which is a start. If anyone thinks a email or phone call will right all that has been done wrong overs years would be extremely optimistic. It will take time and effort in my opinion to get this turned around. I know I have been extremely upset the past year as things unraveled and get a sick feeling everyday that would pass with no real communication from Zidware.

I am willing to listen and give Pintasia a real chance, everybody knows the other options stink at this point. I do not think anybody is happy where Jpop left his supporters.

I have offered to be part of the solution, because if your not, you may be part of the problem.

Not sure what I can do as of now other than let them work out manufacturing and programming which they are aware of and working on. I encourage game purchasers to reach out Bill at Pintasia and ask your questions and give him your concerns. I would think any support at this time would be greatly appreciated. Maybe we can look forward to a cool pinball!

Chris

#10220 8 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

I have offered to be part of the solution, because if your not, you may be part of the problem.

Not with you on this line, there should not be any pitting of ripped-off customers/vendors against each other.

Bill took on this mess. Maybe truly for "the love of pinball", but his decision can't also means that some people who don't get on board with him now are the enemy. He is going to have to work it out, as part of his decision to get into this mess.

#10221 8 years ago

This is what Bill does. It's unfair to attack him without giving him a chance. We've waited this long, so what's another few months? Put down the pitch forks and let's see what Bill can do while the ball is in his court. I'd much rather try this than lose ALL my money when Zidware goes bankrupt and John goes into hiding.

I feel the same,i think there still is money,John can not be so stupid that he spent the last $,he saw problems on the horizon,that is what is going on.
They will not tell us how much money there still is,because everybody would demand refunds.
So i think John chose this way to get things done.( i hope..)
This Pintasia thing could be the best that happened so far,cause the ADD artist can't make it on his own.

#10222 8 years ago

Bill called me and said I killed the whole project. I only mentioned to him that in a bankruptcy or even pursuing assets for recovery that any revenue streams would be explored and that if he was MG licensee to not take it personally if my or the bankruptcy lawyers added him to any recovery attempt. He went ballistic. Jeckyl and Hyde. He said the project was over and that I single handedly killed it.

His words.

I told him repeatedly thank you for what you are doing and best of luck. But he left me the impression that one second he was committed, then he faced someone not on same page and he folded. That does not sound like someone who in the face of adversity has to do something hard gets it done, like build a pinball machine. It sounds like someone who when faced with negative...quits.

Then this morning he changed his tune and now it's back to ME - according to him I am the ONLY person who wants a refund instead of the new deal. Am I in the twilight zone?

Can I really be the only single entity who won't go along?!?!

I just want out of this crap. Now after waiting all this time I have some nobody accuse me of being the thing that killed MG? Shit I did not even BUY MG. what is going on?!?

#10223 8 years ago

add hipster..

#10224 8 years ago

I want a refund .

#10225 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Bill called me and said I killed the whole project. I only mentioned to him that in a bankruptcy or even pursuing assets for recovery that any revenue streams would be explored and that if he was MG licensee to not take it personally if my or the bankruptcy lawyers added him to any recovery attempt. He went ballistic. Jeckyl and Hyde. He said the project was over and that I single handedly killed it.

If you are owed money and you want out, my internet advice would be to go after JPop/Zidware immediately.

Maybe you can get Pintasia to throw you a refund to get you to go away.

Don't be bullied.

#10226 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Bill called me and said I killed the whole project.

thanks mate

#10227 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Not with you on this line, there should not be any pitting of ripped-off customers/vendors against each other.
Bill took on this mess. Maybe truly for "the love of pinball", but his decision can't also means that some people who don't get on board with him now are the enemy. He is going to have to work it out, as part of his decision to get into this mess.

I'm definitely not pitting anybody against anybody. Sorry you took it that way. Justing trying to give the guy a chance. I know its hard to be positive at this point. I'm tired of feeling sick about it and am willing to give a shot. Very easy to take shots at these projects with the sad state they have been taken to.

#10228 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

His words.
I told him repeatedly thank you for what you are doing and best of luck. But he left me the impression that one second he was committed, then he faced someone not on same page and he folded. That does not sound like someone who in the face of adversity has to do something hard gets it done, like build a pinball machine. It sounds like someone who when faced with negative...quits.
Then this morning he changed his tune and now it's back to ME - according to him I am the ONLY person who wants a refund instead of the new deal. Am I in the Twilight Zone?
Can I really be the only single entity who won't go along?!?!
I just want out of this crap. Now after waiting all this time I have some nobody accuse me of being the thing that killed MG? Shit I did not even BUY MG. what is going on?!?

Of course John still has money left over. Likely (meaning 99.99999% Bill is getting assets as well as cash from John in return for blanket protection). This is what I believe.

#10229 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

according to him I am the ONLY person who wants a refund instead of the new deal. Am I in the Twilight Zone?

Sounds like typical interrogation tactics. "Your buddy is in the other room giving us all the details of what you did(*). If you lie to us now your punishment will be all the worse"

* This part is a lie.

#10230 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

according to him I am the ONLY person who wants a refund instead of the new deal.

That is ridiculous. Is he sitting with 100 agreements in his possession? 124 RAZA buyers have agreed to upgrade to $16k magic girls or wait 4 years to possibly get a raza?

I have stated in this thread I'm not signing anything. I'll talk to him (haven't yet) but all my thoughts are in this thread.

#10231 8 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

I want a refund .

me too @ this point I would gladly take the 75% deal mentioned by Frolic if it were made available

#10232 8 years ago

I can't believe how much time and effort some of you have spent in this thread. If you were getting paid by the hour you guys would have enough cash to refund everyone! Fire up the grill, pop open a beverage and thank a veteran… do something worthwhile this weekend.

#10233 8 years ago

Yeah, I'd say most people want a refund. If *this* is the guy who's taking over, I'm not seeing how he's an improvement over Mr. Nutbag Popaduik.

#10234 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I can't believe how much time and effort some of you have spent in this thread.

maybe they have a lot of money tied up in this fiasco. and want something positive to happen ?
i hope this all works out for everyone involved.

#10235 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I can't believe how much time and effort some of you have spent in this thread. If you were getting paid by the hour you guys would have enough cash to refund everyone! Fire up the grill, pop open a beverage and thank a veteran… do something worthwhile this weekend.

Right on to that! I'm outta here

#10236 8 years ago
Quoted from CoinTaker:

I'm definitely not pitting anybody against anybody. Sorry you took it that way. Justing trying to give the guy a chance. I know its hard to be positive at this point. I'm tired of feeling sick about it and am willing to give a shot. Very easy to take shots at these projects with the sad state they have been taken to.

I feel for you Chris and I know it's difficult for you especially. You see this as a way out for you and it's the best for you. But other people want refunds don't want a $16K MG pins 3 years from now.

Other people have bills, may have lost a job or have new kids (it's been 4 years after all) all kinds of things have occurred to each individual. Some can write it off some can wait another 3 years, some want a refund because they are pissed at John, some people may need a refund for various reasons. It's impossible to throw a blanket over this and say it's good for you so therefore that's the best solution.

#10237 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

NO NEW CONTRACTS should be required for CUSTOMERS. NONE !

100 percent agree. There should be no reason for us customers to sign anything. We simply need to decide if and when we ever want to send anyone involved with the production of these games any money. I still want a refund and neither Zidware or the new license holder's are offering that. Zidware is in breach of their contract and I want my money back. I'm still waiting for this option or I'm inclined to sue for it. I never signed up for any version of a Magic Girl. I signed up to receive a RAZA in 2013. That didn't happen. Give me my money back.

Stern is the only assembly house able to assemble these machines. And if they do it will not be the impossible to manufacture game john half designed. It will be a Stern *ish* game and certainly not worth $16,000.

#10238 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

yeah you are right,our whole weekend is going down the drain,we'll see,it is not up to us to fix this,they will contact us.

#10239 8 years ago

75% refund is the best idea I've heard in the past 6 months.

Besides Stern and Spooky and one JJP game (I count MMR and Whoa Nelly under the Stern umbrella), no one has shipped any games. It's not going to be easy and might end in ruin again.

#10240 8 years ago

John has done such a piss-poor job of record keeping that although he has had my money for years, I'm apparently not even on any of his lists. I haven't received a single email being discussed here from John/Zidware/Pintasia, and that's despite numerous correspondence with Popadiuk in the past year trying to get status updates, blog access, refunds, etc. That would certainly explain why he would never give me a straight answer on my actual machine number or how many were being produced, and instead sent me photos of his dog.

After all this, I have no faith in this project anymore and it sounds like all the new contract does is cost me more money for something that's nothing like what I signed up for in the first place. Unless the new company believes they can sell enough of their product to issue refunds to those that are done with this train wreck, then I feel the project is underfunded or dead anyway.

#10241 8 years ago

I encourage everyone still in to get out now! the fact that they are still asking for a deal that prevents you from suing anyone is a complete joke and tells you everything you need to know. Contact a lawyer and start proceedings now. Do not wait another day.

this would be the equivalent of the first 10 pred owners stepping in to say they were taking over the company and going to get games made, but you will end up paying more and they are getting their games first... Oh by the way you can't go after us or kevin after we get all the assets and are able to walk away with what has already been completed.

ANY potential deal that does not #1 put jon on the hook to work his ass off for the next x months to do what is needed and have a boss cracking the whip or be fed to the wolves with the understanding that he will not only lose what little rep he has left, but quite possibly result in complete bankruptcy of him and his family and even jail time is silly. Jon does not need to be coddled he needs his ass kicked and put in gear. #2 there should be NO efforts to save Jon. That is obviously his attempt at negotiating with WCBRANDES and the carrot dangled so they could get him to comply. Reality is that Jon holds no cards in the matter and it should be presented to him that he is lucky someone is coming along to give him one last chance to not lose it all.

THE harsh reality of options for jon are figure out how to complete games or give back a reasonable amount of money OR get sued, spend years dealing with legal issues, likely have someone physically beat the shit out of you (I know one owner specifically that has made it clear Jon needs to watch his back), or possibly his best option would be jail time as then he has known fears to deal with rather than the unkown that is going to keep him in fear for the rest of his time.

My point being is that Jon has zero options and hence no negotiating power. If he thinks it is as simple as declaring bancruptcy and this all goes away then he really does not understand the reality of what happens when you lie and steal large sums of money from hundreds of people.

Jon needs to be left on the hook legally as it is his only incentive in his brain to get anything done. Currently no investor can complete these games as they are so far from done it is still just a shell. there is not even a flippable game yet so you don't even have a clue if the thing is playable.

#10242 8 years ago

I really suggest people google this guy. There's some pretty amusing results.

#10243 8 years ago

Again, Bill has only had the keys for what... 2 days? And it's a long weekend. Give it time..

According to his Linked in page, Bill Brandes lists himself as President of Pintasia Designs Inc for over two months (since April 2015). I think he's had a lot more than 2 days to get his plan together. So far, I'm not impressed.

#10244 8 years ago

I wonder if a spot opens anytime soon,sucks to be on the reserve list man..

aaa mg list.jpgaaa mg list.jpg
#10245 8 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

"It is a pale of dung and none may abide the odor thereof."

It hurts when you use my name like that

I would put the breaks on things. Everyone has till june 30th and that they will have a prototype in public before that. Let's see if this thing is even interesting. It might be a pile of shit which would be john's fault as a designer. It might be amazing. What's a few more weeks after 4 years of nothing?

If it is garbage or everyone still wants blood you still have time.

#10246 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I encourage everyone still in to get out now! the fact that they are still asking for a deal that prevents you from suing anyone is a complete joke and tells you everything you need to know.

there is not even a flippable game yet so you don't even have a clue if the thing is playable.

Hilton you are a wise man.

Where is the prototype? They want $16K for what exactly? Can we see what they are selling?

Also, did the new letter spell out the price or is that a moving target.

Sorry guys, we crunched the numbers now it's going to be $17K woops.

Sorry, if they had mentioned the final price and I missed it.

Plus, the galling fact that RAZA pre-owner would have to pay an additional $9500 (that's almost as much as they thought they were paying, and almost as much as two pins from Stern) that's an additional $9500 for a pin no one has even played yet.

#10247 8 years ago

I am auctioning of this beautiful signed print,i hope to generate some money to minimize my losses

aa mg.jpgaa mg.jpg
#10248 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

My point being is that Jon has zero options and hence no negotiating power. If he thinks it is as simple as declaring bancruptcy and this all goes away then he really does not understand the reality of what happens when you lie and steal large sums of money from hundreds of people.

Actually, in our system it is that easy, unfortunately. Other than a hit to his reputation and possibly ego, nothing will happen to him. We already know his excuse, he's just bad a business. We can sue all day long and lose more money. In the end, everyone might get a few pennies on the dollar, though probably not enough to cover legal fees. That's the really sad point in all this, especially to the people who have large sums tied up.

#10249 8 years ago

Here's the email I just sent

Hello,

I applaud your efforts in this mess. My stance, it's this

I would pay you my balance for a Magic Girl pinball when it is ready to ship.

I will not sign the letter, as John does not get to escape on this one. The way John has handled himself makes this deal toxic. My advice is to buy Zidwares assets when bankruptcy is declared and then make yourself a hero by offering any Zidware customers a Magic Girl at a substantial discount or at cost. You may get a commitment from existing Zidware customers if John is removed entirely from this project. Hire a new designer like Dennis Nordman to finish the project.

My advice is to buy Zidwares assets once bankruptcy is declared as there are too many of us that are not going to let John get away with this. John has assets as it has been pointed out that only $30,000.00 of his house may be protected. John's recent actions prove fraud charges are most likely coming. We also know that John was offered a job at Stern for below $60k a year, so if he has collected more than that from Zidware, there may additional charges, we as owners, can pursue.

Bottom line is a better solution needs to be developed.

#10250 8 years ago

anybody interested in this early mg artwork? i need about $6000 for it

aa mg1.jpgaa mg1.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/205 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.