(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 487.
#9751 4 years ago

Keyser Soze?

The-Usual-Suspects-Verbal-Kint-IS-Keyser-Soze (1).jpeg
#9752 4 years ago
Quoted from pinsnob:

To clarify, this is an old deal that fell through.?

Correct.

#9753 4 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

Can we lock this thread yet?

And kill the most entertaining thread ever? I thought we were here to have fun

#9754 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Fattrain? I'm thinking he's not your Huckleberry. May want to look north for angels.

So does that meant its CPR?

#9755 4 years ago

We had a social last weekend here in Halifax. CPR boys never said anything about this & neither did I. I put out a last ditch lifeline if I could help out some time ago, & it was towards the guys in on this. Not JPOP, I still have nothing to do with him personally.

#9756 4 years ago

Linked to Canada somehow.

#9757 4 years ago

I know who the investor is.....

zidware king.jpg

#9758 4 years ago

Pic removed

#9759 4 years ago

Well it's not JPOP. I don't know why he would do a statement, & not the investor. See what plays out over the weekend.

#9760 4 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Well it's not JPOP. I don't know why he would do a statement, & not the investor. See what plays out over the weekend.

Do you know who it is?

#9761 4 years ago
#9762 4 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Anyone following this thread?

Of course. 2 pins self transport gets you a free weekend pass! It's going to be a great show. I'll be there all 3 days.

#9763 4 years ago

After catching up with this thread I am surprised no one has trademarked JPoop...

#9764 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Of course. 2 pins self transport gets you a free weekend pass! It's going to be a great show. I'll be there all 3 days.

Me too. Looking forward to having FAST hardware FINALLY on sale too!

We are hosting a talk with Mission Pinball at 5pm on Friday, June 5th.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#9765 4 years ago

Sparky , that was a great clue !!

#9766 4 years ago

Please stop the JPOP with D%^K in it, pass the word.

#9767 4 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

After catching up with this thread I am surprised no one has trademarked JPoop...

Or Jplop or Jflop

#9768 4 years ago

jflop is a new one.

#9769 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

My completely unfounded guess at who the mystery investor is is someone who took part in the production of PMI/IPB BBB.

I slept over that idea... and haven't changed my mind. These guys have shown their ability to produce a game on the same scale (a little bit less than 200 units) and deal with someone who was not easy (Gene Cunningham). That was 8 years ago.

Anyone to comment? Stupid idea?

#9770 4 years ago

This reminds me of the end of Scooby Doo when they unmasked the ghost or what have you...who will it be?

#9771 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Even if this fantasy was reality, would anyone want this $16K game?
Even folks who would ONLY need to pony up another $10K?
Is this where you'd place your $16K of pinball money?
I'm thinking for $16K someone could own a Pat Lawlor JJP#3 and a Stern Game of Thrones pin...
or a MB and a MM....
or a ST Pro, ACDC Pro and a Met Pro!
Hard to imagine any sane scenario where that $16K goes to this fiasco.....

I am not even considering a $16k pin - no way I will put even a $250 deposit on that one.

Now comes the regular version - priced $10-12k.
For me, adding shipping ($1k?) customs and sales tax would put the game in the $13-16k range... something like 13,000€.

I would spend that amount of money on a modular platform (Heighway or Multimorphic) rather than on a single pin. Or I could buy 3 relatively recent Stern Pros.

#9772 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I slept over that idea... and haven't changed my mind. These guys have shown their ability to produce a game on the same scale (a little bit less than 200 units) and deal with someone who was not easy (Gene Cunningham). That was 8 years ago.
Anyone to comment? Stupid idea?

I've seen someone go after another company with lawsuit for something very similar... at the end of the day the new investor is the correct solution of u take emotion out of the thinking... Would I like to see Jpop tarred and feathered hell Ya... But the new investor just continues the time table with a Hail Mary pass... Jpop is still a piece of cow dung for letting this take a extra year of him hiding the inevitable from us.

#9773 4 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Ice - you are a lawyer - would you ever advise a client to sign an agreement to purchase something from an unknown entity at an unknown price to be delivered at an unknown time that puts no duty on the unknown entity and absolves the responsible party from all liability?

iceman....... why haven't you addressed this question? You have a response to every other question yet you avoid this question. This question is the best question asked in the last 20 pages of the Jpoop shitnado.

QSS

#9775 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

These guys have shown their ability to produce a game on the same scale

There were four different groups involved. I don't even remember who. First one, then Bearcave, then another, and then Kerry Stair was involved and did in fact get them done.

A heck of a lot of volunteers, no assembly line, the rules changed along the way. But they did get them done.

I don't think any involved in that have the money, or want, to do it again.

#9776 4 years ago

Nate is flabergasted! FLABERGASTED I TELL YOU!

#9777 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I've seen someone go after another company with lawsuit for something very similar... at the end of the day the new investor is the correct solution of u take emotion out of the thinking... Would I like to see Jpop tarred and feathered hell Ya... But the new investor just continues the time table with a Hail Mary pass... Jpop is still a piece of cow dung for letting this take a extra year of him hiding the inevitable from us.

There is no new investor. The is only someone who has bought the rights to Magic Girl. This a very big and important difference.

#9778 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Think you missed a few points

What are the points?

#9779 4 years ago

Sorry to all involved in this shit storm...

#9781 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Are you prepared to spend 10k on a legal retainer? I should say "waste"
Try and find a lawyer that will represent you on a % basis. Come on, let's get real here. There is no choice

This is not legal advice, but...

You would not need to do this. Small claims in Illinois goes up to 10k. Someone sued and won a judgement from Skit-B in small claims. It's a very straightforward breach of contract, no lawyer needed: he's exceeded all dates in the original contract and he's admitted in the recent email he can't produce the machines. Open and shut.

At this point, it's every pinhead for themselves. Jpop will likely go bankrupt and you want to be at the front of the line with a judgement claim, and not in the crowd hoping for loose change that falls out.

#9782 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

iceman....... why haven't you addressed this question? You have a response to every other question yet you avoid this question. This question is the best question asked in the last 20 pages of the Jpoop shitnado.
QSS

Do you REALLY need him to answer that?

#9783 4 years ago

One of the reasons that MG was originally $16k was that there were only going to be 13 made.

#9784 4 years ago

I just heard there are 9 Kingpins left. One up for grabs apparently for 60k ! Another sold for I think 47 or 49? I wish could play one hear a fun game too!

#9785 4 years ago

All ready for a bombshell ...?

A good friend of mine emailed JPOOP 2 weeks ago asking if he could still buy a AIW.

HE HAD A REPLY IN 9 MINUTES.

(The times show an hour but he sent it from eastern time zone ... Reply was 9 minutes)

JPOOP would have known that he was "in the cart" In NZ, that's called "trading while insolvent" and that's a criminal offense. You can't take people's money when there is no chance of delivering. That's fraud.

Here is the email. Names removed to protect the innocent ...

rd.

On 5/5/15 1:01 PM, ******** wrote:
Is alice in wonderland still being made?

How does one order one?
Thanks

On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 2:10 PM, John Popadiuk <jpop@zidware.com> wrote:

Hi,

Yes absolutely. main reveal is here for now. Almost sold out. Currently building the whitewood from this design. To order you would send a Paypal deposit of $4750 (info@zidware.com). A beautiful piece of illustration and pinball it will be.

http://www.alicepinball.org/chapter2/

John

#9786 4 years ago

no character at all.

#9787 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A good friend of mine emailed JPOOP 2 weeks ago asking if he could still buy a AIW.

Another not-so-surprising disgusting move.

#9788 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I hope all my other projects on pinside go someway to explain that i am a decent person and tried my best to help these projects succeed. Indeed, the journey almost brought me to my knees, as i relied on being payed in a timely manner, but wanted to keep the projects moving forward. I had to sell around 7 pinball games from my personal collection that i built up over 25 years to keep myself afloat. I was lucky i had them.
John actually sent me an email once telling me to stop sending invoice reminders as it was "annoying him" ...

I am lost for words, literally. I wish you only the best in your future endeavors. I'm truly sorry this had to happen to you. I understand you situation as a small business that you're willing to do anything in the beginning and be as flexible as you can just to make things work. Again applejuice, I truly wish you the best.

#9789 4 years ago

I don't think it even matters who the "savior" is, because the deal still sucks.

Its such a brazen money grab that reading the letter made me furious. I'd have to eat the loss and devote all my energy to making sure Zidware and his secret cronies got hammered right out of the pinball business forever. Holy crap thats enraging.

#9790 4 years ago

This has been a sad few years as people discover that just because someone is a creative person who created something really awesome in the past, doesn't been they are a good businessman or person and should be trusted with money.

#9791 4 years ago

Do people realize this new deal is basically making the machines for existing owners at cost on those taking the half loss deal or small profit. New company will only loose money on games that were fully paid as Jpoop squandered this money away.

Raza owners roughly 125 @ 6500

Make 199 magic girls for $15,995.00

Increase the build which lowers the bom costs. There's no way on 199 magic girls cost $9500.00 each.

The half credit crap on a classic probably decreases the new owners profit margin.

I'd imagine Magic Girl's quality will be cut and the actual cost would in the $6k range.

If this new investor is buying John out, he is stupid

Any deal should be structured so John receives $0.00 up front and gets a percentage of the actual sales, once the games are delivered

I say f this deal and f Jpoop. We as a pinball community need to respond to John as a group and let him know we want a better deal. We should all ban together and send him a petition saying we want a reasonable deal for us or we bankrupt him.

He should give his assets to an investor with a perpetuity agreement for x $ on future games sold.

John and Zidware does not have any current value. John is toxic, and any investor has all of the leverage as the alternative is John in jail.

Tax evasion as there is no way he has his books in order and should be audited. You want to put a hurt on John? We do not need an attorney, we need to contact local government and the irs as I'd imagine he could face tax evasion charges.

#9792 4 years ago

The new licensee is not exactly coming across philanthropic when numbers like 199 Collectors Editions (199 x $16000 = $3,184,000 - 19 paid for ($304,000) = $2,880,000 in new revenue.

And that is not even factoring in the unlimited production of "classic" machines.

And there felt a need to stick it to RAZA buyers with that 2 nonsense?

#9793 4 years ago

for the love of pinball

#9794 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

for the love of pinball

Even Greater Harm (TM - JPP)

rd

#9795 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

You know we're in a dark place tonight when the boob thread can't get any traction.

What's this thread got to do with me???

#9796 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

(The times show an hour but he sent it from eastern time zone ... Reply was 9 minutes)
JPOOP would have known that he was "in the cart" In NZ, that's called "trading while insolvent" and that's a criminal offense. You can't take people's money when there is no chance of delivering. That's fraud.
Here is the email. Names removed to protect the innocent ...
rd.
On 5/5/15 1:01 PM, ******** wrote:
Is alice in wonderland still being made?
How does one order one?
Thanks
On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 2:10 PM, John Popadiuk <jpop@zidware.com> wrote:
Hi,
Yes absolutely. main reveal is here for now. Almost sold out. Currently building the whitewood from this design. To order you would send a Paypal deposit of $4750 (info@zidware.com). A beautiful piece of illustration and pinball it will be.
http://www.alicepinball.org/chapter2/
John

Wow. Jesus. All along I just assumed John was a goofy 'artistic type' that wasn't really malicious with any of this and actually thought he'd be able to get the games done when he started -- but to actually tell someone to send in money for a new order after all that has come to light is unbelievable.

#9797 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Do you know who it is?

I may or may not know. I'm sure there has been a few people trying to help out. Who knows what is going on at this point.

#9798 4 years ago

You know there will be a fight on who gets the 10,000 mark post......

#9799 4 years ago

I've slept on it. This deal is DOA.

200 people will not pay $16k for a pinball. Let alone all the nonsense of "no sue", 2 credits, waiting years longer for games already 4 years in development, etc.

There's no point delaying the inevitable. Let John go bankrupt. It was a nice thought to try and save us pre-orderers, but there is no saving this. John was the architect of his own demise, wasted our money, and rightly will deserve the shame and ridicule for the rest of his life for what he has done.

#9800 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm thinking for $16K someone could own a Pat Lawlor JJP#3 and a Stern Game of Thrones pin...
or a MB and a MM....
or a ST Pro, ACDC Pro and a Met Pro!

or 5 or 6 nice B/W 90s dmd pins...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 50.00
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside