(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 487.
#9701 4 years ago

Can we lock this thread yet?

#9702 4 years ago

What about Roger Shiffman from Zizzle?

#9703 4 years ago

Maybe there was more than 2 investors or groups interested in saving the day. Might be the way things are playing out. I'm glad to be out of this the way it's going down today.

#9704 4 years ago

No way in hell it's Terry.

If DP can't move 300 TBL at 8k (a real game people have flipped and loved) there's no chance you're going to sell 200 original theme 16k vaporware games with a toxic reputation.

Guessing the scam idea is all current JPOP owners (nearly 200 hm...) will pony up to secure a LE Magic Girl. You can tell this from the Classic scam framework.

RAZA victims either pay in $9500 more to get a MG LE, or lose $3250 and have to pay in $8750 to get a $12,000 Classic.

You save $750. Zidware saves 4k.

They're quoting prices without a BOM? Even if this goes ahead, it's doomed to fail because JOHN STILL WORKS THERE.

And god, what's going to happen to Cointaker in all of this?

#9705 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So what is stopping you from posting the now defunct deal you were trying to help out?

That wasn't a "deal" but just an update letter with some specific info, now moot.

#9706 4 years ago
Quoted from pinsnob:

I would guess Terry before Jack. They said that the company is from Chicago. Jack is from New Jersey. Terry would have to love the game to make it happen. I hope that he doesn't get caught up in this.

Who said the company (mystery investor) is from Chicago? The manufacturer might be (not sure if this was stated either).

#9707 4 years ago

I tell my friends that think I make money working on and with pinball machines, "There is no money in pinball".

Quoted from benheck:

If DP can't move 300 TBL at 8k (a real game people have flipped and loved) there's no chance you're going to sell 200 original theme 16k vaporware games with a toxic reputation.
Guessing the scam idea is all current JPOP owners (nearly 200 hm...) will pony up to secure a LE Magic Girl. You can tell this from the Classic scam framework.
RAZA victims either pay in $9500 more to get a MG LE, or lose $3250 and have to pay in $8750 to get a $12,000 Classic.
They're quoting prices without a BOM? Even if this goes ahead, it's doomed to fail because JOHN STILL WORKS THERE.

#9708 4 years ago

With John involved in any way there is zero hope.

New investor has to manage John. Why would anyone want this torture?

Is this guy into punishment?

#9709 4 years ago

man I feel for you guys.
what a chicken*$%t way to go about this.
The more I think about it the more it sucks.
I'm glad I'm not in it and I wish none of you guys were either.

#9710 4 years ago

John managed to swing a promotion at Zidware somewhere long the way. According to the letter he is now President instead of VP. That kid is going places!

#9711 4 years ago

#9712 4 years ago

I think this is the new investor .

investor.jpg
#9713 4 years ago

Even if this fantasy was reality, would anyone want this $16K game?

Even folks who would ONLY need to pony up another $10K?

Is this where you'd place your $16K of pinball money?

I'm thinking for $16K someone could own a Pat Lawlor JJP#3 and a Stern Game of Thrones pin...
or a MB and a MM....
or a ST Pro, ACDC Pro and a Met Pro!

Hard to imagine any sane scenario where that $16K goes to this fiasco.....

#9714 4 years ago

I jump in and catch up this thread time to time.... got to admit, I did not see this latest twist coming. Look forward to seeing a name this weekend, if no name comes this is just frankly unreal.

Hoping for the best for all of you that have $ in.

#9715 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'm hearing John is putting a giant dildo on the prototype LE that is tied into the shaker motor and has its own coil that fires during non existent gameplay. Users can customize the size and shape. Cointaker has already ordered the extra large. I'm debating if I want the Lexington Steele or John Holmes model for myself.

Pictures of LE to follow

#9716 4 years ago

Didn't a guy on here who is a long time pinsider saying that someone was coming to save the day less than a week ago. His avatar is a dude driving In a blue shirt with shades. going to see if I can find the post.

#9717 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Didn't a guy on here who is a long time consider saying that someone was coming to save the day less than a week ago. His a star is a dude driving In a blue shirt with shades. going to see if I can find the post.

Fattrain? I'm thinking he's not your Huckleberry. May want to look north for angels.

#9718 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

John managed to swing a promotion at Zidware somewhere long the way. According to the letter he is now President instead of VP. That kid is going places!

Maybe Kaneda became VP after doing such a great job with PR?

There is only one name that comes up this weekend to save the deal - Gary Stern.

Edit: 2 names - Dave Peterson as well.

#9719 4 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Or just someone with a bank roll, who loves pinball, & doesn't want to see all the pre-order people get screwed because JPop is a great designer, but shitty business man. If only there was someone like that... Or is there already?

Found it. Fattrain knows or is the guy.

#9720 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Fattrain knows or is the guy

Fattrain is not the investor !

#9721 4 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Fattrain? I'm thinking he's not your Huckleberry. May want to look north for angels.

Seems like he knew something was brewing

#9722 4 years ago

Fattrain is not daddy warbucks.

#9723 4 years ago

Why is it all these people know who it isn't, but won't say who it is??

#9724 4 years ago

It's Ed from BNL!

#9725 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why is it all these people know who it isn't, but won't say who it is??

How else are we gonna get this thread to 10k by tonight?

#9726 4 years ago

This cloak & dagger crap has been going on Pinside all year. The Anonymous Group, etc.... why all the drama with pinball?

How much better would it have gone today with an actual press release from the investor, like any normal investment.

#9727 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

People who know could quit being prickz, that might help..

#9728 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I am certain the thread will hit 10K once the name is announced - no matter what name it is.

#9729 4 years ago

I'm gonna put money down on Choggard.

Mainly because every OTHER name has already been thrown out there..

#9730 4 years ago

Think I found the guy. Fresh off the bread lines.

image.jpg

#9731 4 years ago

Todd Tuckey

#9732 4 years ago

JPOP thread stock is set to close at 10000 by midnight. Sell your Skit-B thread shares, invest in the JPOP thread replies!

#9734 4 years ago

There might be a few people. But i'm not in the inner circle of who is who. So i'm saying no names from me. They come out on their own & announce it.

#9735 4 years ago

Let us get it up to 10k posts, then lock the thread. This is only going to get uglier

#9736 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This cloak & dagger crap has been going on Pinside all year. The Anonymous Group, etc.... why all the drama with pinball?
How much better would it have gone today with an actual press release from the investor, like any normal investment.

But it's not a normal investment!!

It's not even a real investment!

The best deal going is pennies on the dollar through BK court. Any other "offer" or "investment" is a SHAM!!!

If someone has any stake (monies) in this and hasn't contacted an attorney yet, they would be more delusional than Jpop.

#9737 4 years ago

Alright, I am caught up with the thread. Thanks for making it clear StevenP that you had nothing to do with this letter from John, I am still interested to understand the deal that you were working on and if it is an option that can be presented, moot or not. It also seems possible Deeproot has a plan, not sure if this is the same deal you were referring to but would like to hear about that also.

Wouldn't it be an easier task to try and produce RAZA since there is roughly half the money left on the table? The MG money is long gone and the owners could be given a RAZA spot and refunded the difference or refunded completely. We are talking 20 guys instead of 125. I would think satisfying 20 MG owners somehow could be a better approach than trying to strong arm 125 RAZA guys with a game they don't want, at a price they don't want to pay and under terms they aren't happy with. Apparently RAZA is nearly in the same state as MG anyways. The AIW folks could have their pre-order money flipped into RAZA as well.

#9738 4 years ago

Doesn't matter who the new guy is. What matters is what is the detailed plan with a schedule and who is doing what and when to achieve the end product.

A wait of four years before delivery of the first machine when MG appears mostly art and physical design complete seems irregular. Even with a complete redesign four years seems odd.

#9739 4 years ago

I can envision Gary Stern in a restaurant somewhere in Chicago raising his glass and laughing. "Want to make pinballs, eh." "Come on in the water is cold."

I am sorry for people that mostlikely will lose their money on this deal.

#9740 4 years ago

Let me summarize the last 750 posts.... A benevolent benefactor has been confirmed to fund the development and manufacturing of all 230 games? That would be nothing short of a miracle for the 200 people with money on the line.

#9741 4 years ago

Think you missed a few points

#9742 4 years ago

Good thing Stern already beat JPoopyDukie, Jr. to the punch with their licensed version of KISS.

image.jpg

#9743 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Found it. Fattrain knows or is the guy.

Quoted from ChrisVW:

Fattrain is not daddy warbucks.

Hey may not be, but he DOES represent a guy with big money looking for rare games. There's a long standing thread where he's looking for stuff like Kingpin and King Kong, etc.

#9744 4 years ago

Awe you guys make me blush. Thanks a bunch, but it is not me.

Wish I had the dough to bankroll it though for everyones sake.

#9745 4 years ago

This was our informal plan, that's not under any NDA. John was to turnover MG and RAZA by July in whatever condition they were in at that time. Then John would 'disappear' for 2 years working on AIW. With RAZA for a release at 692 units by October 2016. MG at 1130 units in 2017. And AIW at 2k units in early 2018. All vendors paid by June 2015. All presales refunded by Feb 2016 for those that chose to not accept delivery (with refunds in part or credits for MSRP less than the amounts John arbitrarily chose at time of machine delivery). Penalty for refund would have been loss of certain 'privileges' (which will remain undisclosed as it is now moot). No real point to worry about any of that now. I wish these new investors the best. They are going to need it.

Lastly, we understand that by disclosing this information, we will open up ample opportunities for many to bash or criticize. No one else (including the few manufacturers today) came up with a solution to completely resolve the JPop dilemma. But at the end of the day not only was this plan realistic, it would have made everyone whole and released three amazing designs into a deserving community proving unlicensed themes can still match or exceed licensed ones. Bash away

RJM dT/dP

#9746 4 years ago

I used to have a rep as a prick in the pinball community, but I never pulled the crap ChrisVW is pulling in here. I can be terse, sure, but he's almost gloating.

#9747 4 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Awe you guys make me blush. Thanks a bunch, but it is not me.
Wish I had the dough to bankroll it though for everyones sake.

But you know who it is?

#9748 4 years ago

Edit

#9749 4 years ago

To clarify, this is an old deal that fell through.?

Quoted from deeproot:

This was our informal plan, that's not under any NDA. John was to turnover MG and RAZA by July in whatever condition they were in at that time. Then John would 'disappear' for 2 years working on AIW. With RAZA for a release at 692 units by October 2016. MG at 1130 units in 2017. And AIW at 2k units in early 2018. All vendors paid by June 2015. All presales refunded by Feb 2016 for those that chose to not accept delivery (with refunds in part or credits for MSRP less than the amounts John arbitrarily chose at time of machine delivery). Penalty for refund would have been loss of certain 'privileges' (which will remain undisclosed as it is now moot). No real point to worry about any of that now. I wish these new investors the best. They are going to need it.
Lastly, we understand that by disclosing this information, we will open up ample opportunities for many to bash or criticize. No one else (including the few manufacturers today) came up with a solution to completely resolve the JPop dilemma. But at the end of the day not only was this plan realistic, it would have made everyone whole and released three amazing designs into a deserving community proving unlicensed themes can still match or exceed licensed ones. Bash away
RJM dT/dP

#9750 4 years ago

You know we're in a dark place tonight when the boob thread can't get any traction.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside