(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,288 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 168 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,694 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png
B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 486.
#9651 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

How can anyone sling bs his way when no one knows who he is? Anyone who actually believes this plan will work and these games will be made is delusional. I just invested a few hours reading up on this mess so I feel I've earned the right to comment on it.

It's a good comment and question.

I guarantee you he's not delusional and might be the only guy or at least best guy to pull this off.

Give it a couple of days and I think questions will be answered, shit is being put together while the ink is drying.

Then if you don't like it you can roast him

I seriously doubt he's doing this for the $$$ potential, if so, I would question his business acumen which i know to be stellar!

#9652 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We had skin in the game at one point, but no longer. Both Popadiuk and Marsh violated our NDA agreements and have defamed, misrepresented our efforts to have a very different result. I am sad to see this result when it could have been very different just a month ago. Lastly, (and not giving any legal advice to anyone)...as an attorney I am always concerned (from an ethical standpoint) when a 'client' brings me a contract or settlement agreement with a no-sue covenant. Most jurisdictions either do not permit this, or severely restrict its enforcement.
RJM dT/dP

I am sure some of us owners would like to understand how your plans to produce these games would work and how things would be different for us. Can you tell us?
If there was another option on the table let's hear what it was.

#9653 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

How can anyone sling bs his way when no one knows who he is?

#9654 4 years ago

Thread needs more Wesley Willis. This one goes out to you, Jplop!

#9655 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Wow. As a corporate financial accountant for 10 years in my previous profession, this baffles me. It basically proves fraudulent intent on Johns part. Time to cut bait.

I agree, as a CPA myself in my former life it looks really BAD!

The point is, the bait has been cut and John is effectively removed.

My personal opinion is that when Expo went down the tubes for him and the AIW "ponzi" money failed to keep rolling in John knew the jig was up.

There was no accounting or accountability all along and he was just cashing checks and passing time, just my opinion.

If you have to prove your deposits, lord have mercy, how bad is the rest of the accounting.

#9656 4 years ago

Not keeping track of the money is criminal. Ask the IRS.

#9657 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BS. He's not an idiot either.
You also have the option to go away and not do anything

He is a coward though; purposely not revealing himself until this plays out. Sounds like he doesn't want any egg on his face if it all goes south. Not very smart either. He should know that not revealing himself harms the deal.

Here's another option: go away for now and wait and see how it plays out. Zidware will still owe me a game and I can still sue him if I feel like it later. Just because his piece of paper says I won't get anything if I don't sign it doesn't mean that's what will happen. He's still in breach of the original contract, regardless of any new contract I don't sign.

#9658 4 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

I am sure some of us owners would like to understand how your plans to produce these games would work and how things would be different for us. Can you tell us?
If there was another option on the table let's here what it was.

For now, those who know, know. We would love to share the EOI of what could have been, and *promise* to do so at the appropriate time. Right now, we are not comfortable doing so as it would play in to Popadiuk and Marsh's scheme to provoke us into offering up a 'tortious interference with a prospective business' claim on a silver platter. We'd rather let this play out and see what happens first. Please do not PM us. We will not discuss the matter any further.

RJM dT/dP

#9659 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

For now, those who know, know. We would love to share the EOI of what could have been, and *promise* to do so at the appropriate time. Right now, we are not comfortable doing so as it would play in to Popadiuk and Marsh's scheme to provoke us into offering up a 'tortious interference with a prospective business' claim on a silver platter. We'd rather let this play out and see what happens first. Please do not PM us. We will not discuss the matter any further.
RJM dT/dP

Didn't you just try to raise 6M for a new pinball division? It sounds like you didn't have the capital to take on this venture in the first place?

#9660 4 years ago

Well, if nothing else, the letter from JPop will serve as nice evidence in the lawsuit that was already filed.

#9661 4 years ago

Looks like the classic bait and switch, I know it's illegal in Australia and I guess it is in the US as well.

#9662 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If the assets are so valuable why didn't Stern or JJP bail him out?
They told him to get lost
The gift horse here is that you have a choice, yours to make
Nobody likes John or the situation

I've decided. I'm 100% out. I'm in on RAZA and out on this deal. If it takes everyone who has money in to sign on or nothing moves forward then know right now that it isn't going to move forward. I will not sign that piece of paper.

#9663 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, as a CPA myself in my former life it looks really BAD!
The point is, the bait has been cut and John is effectively removed

I thought I read that John will still be on board as a paid consultant? Sounded like he was still involved. Even if your guy has legal control of this thing, knowing what we know about John, he's still going to impose his will over this thing or make things difficult if he's not in charge. And if he's cut out completely, then what was the point? Ice, I hope this plan you know of involves Stern. Not likely, I'm guessing.

#9664 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

RJM dT/dP

Just for clarity, I am not the Marsh he is talking about.

#9665 4 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

I will not sign that piece of paper.

Me neither.

And if anyone wants to tell me I'm losing my money/game by NOT signing it, then I will take it up with zidware inc, with whom my original contract is with.

This seems like an impossible deal from the get go if it was predicated on 100% acceptance from ALL owners.

#9666 4 years ago

Man, I missed the real crap show overnight.

Anyway, forget the deal - everyone agrees it reeks and isn't worth the paper it's printed on. How bad it sucks doesn't even phase me.

What really has my head spinning is all the people still playing the secrets game. People who have previously *said*, in *this* thread, how much they hate the secrecy and how secrecy is what allowed this fiasco to get to this point.

I am *amazed* that people like ChrisVW and Iceman *wouldn't* out this mystery person because they have both stated the above many times! Basically they are total hypocrites.

Please explain how keeping secrets benefits you, because it certainly doesn't benefit all the other owners. There must be some reason. Are you under NDA? Did you cross your heart and hope to die if you told? Or is it more like the Insiders Club membership fee? If you told you wouldn't get super exclusive access to privileged info?

Because if that's the reason, that's bullcrap. And lame.

#9667 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Popadiuk and Marsh's scheme

There's that name again. Who is Marsh?

#9668 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Just for clarity, I am not the Marsh he is talking about.

Correct. Sorry for the confusion.

#9669 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

There's that name again. Who is Marsh?

StevenP

#9670 4 years ago

Sounds like a Bumper scheme to me. Remember Bumper Amusements 1, BA 2, BA 3 ?

#9671 4 years ago

Another thing to add.

I kinda knew this but Larry DeMar is a goddamn genius and an amazing boss, because he got a guy, who is obviously a borderline autistic sociopath and clearly incapable of even finding his own navel, to produce some pretty good games over a ten year span.

#9672 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Man, I missed the real crap show overnight.
Anyway, forget the deal - everyone agrees it reeks and isn't worth the paper it's printed on. How bad it sucks doesn't even phase me.
What really has my head spinning is all the people still playing the secrets game. People who have previously *said*, in *this* thread, how much they hate the secrecy and how secrecy is what allowed this fiasco to get to this point.
I am *amazed* that people like ChrisVW and Iceman *wouldn't* out this mystery person because they have both stated the above many times! Basically they are total hypocrites.
Please explain how keeping secrets benefits you, because it certainly doesn't benefit all the other owners. There must be some reason. Are you under NDA? Did you cross your heart and hope to die if you told? Or is it more like the Insiders Club membership fee? If you told you wouldn't get super exclusive access to privileged info?
Because if that's the reason, that's bullcrap. And lame.

No one told me who he was, I didn't pinky swear to John Popadiuk I wouldn't tell, I figured it out on my own. It's not my responsibility or obligation to "out" anyone. If the licensee wants to step forward he can, he's a big boy. I assume he hasn't already for good reason and I can respect that.

So there's no confusion I'm not in John Popadiuk's inner secret circle at all. The dude won't even return my emails or answer the phone for me because I called him out on his BS when he lied to me, if you want proof check his Facebook page. No one could be further from the inner circle than me.

#9673 4 years ago

Yep. And for the record, I am not involved in, nor aware of, any "scheme to provoke us into offering up a 'tortious interference with a prospective business' claim on a silver platter." Whatever the hell that means.

And again, I am in no way involved with the current Zidware goings-on. I have no idea what Mr. Mueller thinks my involvement is. I first learned of this stuff when I saw the recent emailed docs earlier today. And to date I've never met, spoke with, nor otherwise directly communicated with, the "licensee." Because I'm not involved in this deal. Got it, Robert?

#9674 4 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

So there is this mystery Licensee who has a lot of money.
This mystery Licensee wants to do something "for the love of pinball" and wants to get into the business of building pinball machines.

image.jpg
#9675 4 years ago

StevenP you are a Marsh? Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hugggg!!!!!!

#9676 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

StevenP you are a Marsh? Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hugggg!!!!!!

Word! Have you met our Cousin Eugene from Missouri?

#9677 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Yep. And for the record, I am not involved in, nor aware of, any "scheme to provoke us into offering up a 'tortious interference with a prospective business' claim on a silver platter." Whatever the hell that means.
And again, I am in no way involved with the current Zidware goings-on. I have no idea what Mr. Mueller thinks my involvement is. I first learned of this stuff when I saw the recent emailed docs earlier today. And to date I've never met, spoke with, nor otherwise directly communicated with, the "licensee." Because I'm not involved in this deal. Got it, Robert?

Did you edit Jpop's letter for him?

#9678 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

No one told me who he was, I didn't pinky swear to John Popadiuk I wouldn't tell, I figured it out on my own. It's not my responsibility or obligation to "out" anyone.

So you're okay with keeping secrets as long as you know?

#9679 4 years ago
#9680 4 years ago

Wondering what kind of extreme level of Stockholm Syndrome would lead anyone to spend $0.01 more on this project even if Bill Gates was the Mystery Man.

Also struck by the similarities to the old SkitB thread: a few people with "insider info" condescendingly telling everyone else how "things are really gonna be better" and "give it some more time"....and lording their insider m oblige over the rest of the peons....

"For the good of pinball?"

The best thing "for pinball" will be the complete and utter destruction of any scheme, where people pay for products that haven't been built yet, whether it's SkitB, jpop, DP or JJP.

#9681 4 years ago

If this mystery investor has all this money and the ability to produce the machines, why do they need all this money upfront? Why not just make the machines and sell them to the public when they're done?

This is one of the worst deals I've ever seen and I've seen some really bad ones.

#9682 4 years ago

Jack is not the investor

#9683 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's a good comment and question.
I guarantee you he's not delusional and might be the only guy or at least best guy to pull this off.
Give it a couple of days and I think questions will be answered, shit is being put together while the ink is drying.
Then if you don't like it you can roast him
I seriously doubt he's doing this for the $$$ potential, if so, I would question his business acumen which i know to be stellar!

If I were in on AIW or RAZA, this would seal the deal. The fact that Iceman says that he would question this guys business acumen if he were in it for the money suggests there is no money to be made. So he will stay in this losing proposition for over 5 years because he is a nice guy? Even if true, a lot can happen in five years from personal issues, to health issues to being hit by the proverbial bus. At least if he were in it to make $$$, it would suggest this is a viable business model and if something were to happen to this guy, someone else would want to step up and carry it forward.

#9684 4 years ago

Point is clear as day, John doesn't want to be sued so he has the idea in the letter to say don't sue me I'm broke. Also if you sign this new contract you can't sue the next entity either.

It's like he's pissing in my ear and tells me it's raining.

#9686 4 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

He already said (a couple of times now, in the last, idk, 2-3 pages...) that he had nothing to do with this letter.

#9687 4 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

..........if it's Jack, lots of people (80%? 90%?) would be pretty confident he can make it happen.

How late is The Hobbit again?

#9688 4 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

Not this one. A completely different one that was not part of the current deal, and obviously is not being sent.

#9689 4 years ago

late as shit. It will be built, though... even you would admit that.

#9690 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Not this one. A completely different one that was not part of the current deal, and obviously is not being sent.

Can the other deal still be presented to us?

#9691 4 years ago

Jack at least has some business sense, and came into the business with the money and drive to make it (at least one amazing game) happen.

But this is all hypothetical anyway.

#9692 4 years ago

Someone said "how will john be able to show his face at the upcoming shows?" I wouldn't be surprised if the show organizers ban John from presenting or showcasing the games at their shows. Inviting him is asking for unwanted drama.

#9693 4 years ago

The *only* way to get a refund is by taking John to court

The only way for John and this mystery entity to proceed is if John is not in court 124 times (I believe all RAZA owners should get a refund)

If John and mystery entity want to go forward they need to re present the letter so that the no refund clause is removed.

John isn't the only one with leverage, he's in breach of contract. If I ordered a RAZA and they are not making them or if the timeline is indefinite than refund 100% or be prepared to do the Kevin Keulick walk of shame.

#9694 4 years ago
Quoted from retro_p:

He already said (a couple of times now, in the last, idk, 2-3 pages...) that he had nothing to do with this letter.

I am trying to catch up with all of these posts and missed that but thanks for the thumbs down pal.

#9695 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

So what is stopping you from posting the now defunct deal you were trying to help out?

#9696 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I do believe you all know him!
Maybe he'll come out of the closet this weekend.

I am guessing Terry, but I really don't know him well enough to know if he has the financial ability to pull this off.

#9697 4 years ago

It seems almost impossible to me Terry would do something that crazy.

#9698 4 years ago

I would guess Terry before Jack. They said that the company is from Chicago. Jack is from New Jersey. Terry would have to love the game to make it happen. I hope that he doesn't get caught up in this.

Quoted from DCFAN:I am guessing Terry, but I really don't know him well enough to know if he has the financial ability to pull this off.

#9699 4 years ago

This mystery person must step forward. Look at what's happening in the vacuum.... people are coming up with Roger Sharpe, PinballLife Terry, Jersey Jack....

#9700 4 years ago

Jack confirmed he's not the mystery investor, but wishes the mystery investor luck. So we're down to Roger and Terry.... or someone else we're not smart enough to think of yet

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Olathe, KS
$ 50.00
There are 24288 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 486.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside