(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,302 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24302 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 487.
#9601 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I said, more info coming soon.

Maybe there should have been no letter/contract sent with a deadline, until more info was shared/available.

#9602 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The guy needs to come here a present his proposal CLEARLY. Also, any money anybody submits needs to go to a post JPop controlled Zidware.

He is, they just wrapped this up in Chicago and they are trying to get all the pieces put together.

I promise you he's no dummy, in fact, I don't think there could be a better option to come along and be willing to help, and he's a great guy, but judge for yourself.

I don't think he "the business guy" would have ever considered doing this deal had he not been a pinball fanatic for such a long time, its certainly a high risk low reward type of venture that you don't do unless you care about pinball.

#9603 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves. Since when did it become a bad thing to come in and offer to bail out an idiot like John so we all have a chance at getting our pins.

It's not...it's the way the deal was presented that was horrible!!!

Quoted from iceman44:

What i know for a FACT, that you guys will soon know for a FACT, over the weekend is that this group is real and legit and I suspect that more time and explanation will be forthcoming.

You know this...but NO ONE ELSE DOES! You cannot get angry at people not knowing what you know!

Quoted from iceman44:

He is a great guy and asset to pinball now in a big way and doesn't deserve the BS some of you are slinging his way.

NO ONE KNOWS WHO HE IS!!!! All people know is:
-They can't get refunds
-They have to wait 4 years for RAZA or take 50c on the dollar for MG

Stop treating people like they're ungrateful fucks for not knowing what you know. TELL THEM WHAT YOU KNOW! Maybe they'll come around.

Quoted from iceman44:

Let the FACTS come out, there is much more to come. I'm sure most of the people involved will be very happy with the situation.

Tell us some facts, brotha instead of shitting on people while they're down.

#9604 4 years ago

Ice, I think you might be a little off your rocker now or something.

There is no option B where people get their games. I know you think this licensee will come in and foot the bill to finish this, and maybe that works for 6 months.

Zidware is going to have to file bankruptcy anyway to get out of the debts they have, both to vendors and consumers. This new company will claim they owe nothing to the previous customers and JPop doesn't even get a smack on the wrist.

This man STOLE your money, good intentions or not. He mismanaged the business to the point of failure. He deserves to be punished.

#9605 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Maybe there should have been no letter/contract sent with a deadline, until more info was shared/available.

I agree with that, and let me speculate that it might have been done with a sense of urgency regarding the litigation issues that were mounting.

I don't know, but maybe some of the vendors had been lining up as well.

More info and time is coming, let's give the guy a break here and focus the anger at John, where it should be. He's just trying to offer a solution and went way above and beyond anything I'd ever consider doing.

#9606 4 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

thinking about it ...this is starting to sound like the best option.... for me anyways

I think you and ChrisVW are overlooking this part of the contract.

"No, I would like to wait for the possibility of production of RAZA and/or AIW
machine(s) which I originally ordered. Prices and credits yet to be determined."

Take note of the words possibility, prices, credits, and to be determined.

#9607 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Ice, I think you might be a little off your rocker now or something.
There is no option B where people get their games. I know you think this licensee will come in and foot the bill to finish this, and maybe that works for 6 months.
Zidware is going to have to file bankruptcy anyway to get out of the debts they have, both to vendors and consumers. This new company will claim they owe nothing to the previous customers and JPop doesn't even get a smack on the wrist.

You know the saying, "if we weren't all crazy we might go insane"!

But you are wrong, option B exists, its real and you'll know a lot more very soon.

#9608 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Tell us some facts, brotha instead of shitting on people while they're down.

I'm gonna let him tell the facts, very soon. He realizes more time and info is needed. I think everybody will be pleasantly surprised!

Btw, I don't mean to take away from everyone's hatefest of John, carry on

#9609 4 years ago

I wonder if JJP is the licensee and Stern is the manufacturer

#9610 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You know the saying, "if we weren't all crazy we might go insane"!
But you are wrong, option B exists, its real and you'll know a lot more very soon.

Brother, I wish you all the success in the world getting your pins. I just wish I thought you had better odds.

If you truly want a beautiful pin, why don't you form a project group and let's do it. We can get FAST, Yeti, Aurich, Scott Danesi, etc... on board. You can be the project manager and accountant. Everyone interested can foot an equal share of the cost or something.

I'll even manage the software development and engineering team for free for the project, in addition to contributing as much code as I can crank out for you.

I would be willing to do a lot to keep good people from getting taken on this ride any longer.

#9611 4 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I think you and ChrisVW are overlooking this part of the contract.
"No, I would like to wait for the possibility of production of RAZA and/or AIW
machine(s) which I originally ordered. Prices and credits yet to be determined."

No kidding.

JOKE!

#9612 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If you truly want a beautiful pin, why don't you form a project group and let's do it. We can get FAST, Yeti, Aurich, Scott Danesi, etc... on board. You can be the project manager and accountant. Everyone interested can foot an equal share of the cost or something.
I'll even manage the software development and engineering team for free for the project, in addition to contributing as much code as I can crank out for you.
I would be willing to do a lot to keep good people from getting taken on this ride any longer.

What a great idea

#9613 4 years ago

Been in on this project since day 1. Agree with everything being said about this deadline. What a load of complete bullshit. After everything that has happened he really had the nerve to send out that email and give us a short deadline. I don't know if I should be pissed or just laugh at his ignorance. Guy is out of his mind. As for the new guy, my chips are on the table. Show me all the details and I will decide whether or not to play the hand.

#9614 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

No kidding.
JOKE!

Give it a few days to get the details and clarification. It's won't be a "joke".

#9615 4 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

I wonder if JJP is the licensee and Stern is the manufacturer

Stern is absolutely killing it right now, why even take the risk?

#9616 4 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Exactly.

===============================

New Investor: OK, everybody step right up. I'll give you 50 cents on the dollar that Poopaduce owes you, for the good of pinball.

Sucker: Thanks Mister! I had $5,000 in.

New Investor: No problem, my fine young man!

Sucker: Wheew...I appreciate you saving our butts.

New Investor: OK, so you get half of $5,000 off the price of the game....hmmmm....that adds up to....$18,500....so with your deposit credit...... you only owe $16,000! Congratulations!

Sucker: (gulp) Sheesh, it's like I threw that $5,000 right in the toilet.

New Investor: Not at all. I'm not libel for any of Poopaduce's debt, but I'm willing to help you out - for the love of pinball.

Sucker: Thanks Mister! Can you explain this all to my wife?

New Investor: Sure! Is she good looking, or blown out from childbirth?

#9617 4 years ago

My completely unfounded guess at who the mystery investor is.... Roger Sharpe.

I can think of no other name that might give anyone who knew even the tiniest shred of confidence that any of the Zidware games will get produced.

#9618 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

New Investor: Sure! Is she good looking, or blown out from childbirth?

I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that line.

#9619 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

My completely unfounded guess at who the mystery investor is....

My completely unfounded guess at who the mystery investor is is someone who took part in the production of PMI/IPB BBB.

#9620 4 years ago
courtroom-sketch.jpg
#9621 4 years ago

John is a crook. He's lied to us for years. Now he throws all the owners under the bus and negotiates his clean "exit" where he keeps his company and "licenses" the games (the ones WE funded) to someone else to deal with on whatever terms they decide?

I'd honestly prefer bankruptcy, John faces the music, I close the book, someone buys the pieces, and they go make the game and I'll decide then if I want to buy it (again) when its "cash & carry".

#9622 4 years ago

Vid have to say just spit my coffee out

#9623 4 years ago

Why is this investor such a huge secret? You want someone to sign a legal document limiting your legal options, commit to more money, but you can't even state who you are?

If you're a legitimate business with a legitimate business proposal, you don't hide in the shadows.

#9624 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlynx:

My completely unfounded guess at who the mystery investor is.... Roger Sharpe.
I can think of no other name that might give anyone who knew even the tiniest shred of confidence that any of the Zidware games will get produced.

Roger's a licensing guy....not a millionaire with money to blow on this thing, or the ability to manufacture.

#9625 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

To the mystery investor:
REBOOT today. Distance yourself from everything John said AND the contract. Flush it.
THEN present yourself, your plan, how you will do this and DO NOT ASK US FOR ANYTHING.
If people want refunds.... well, refund them. That will be the cost of doing business.
If you are planning on selling hundreds of games, well there is profit there. If you're an investor, then this is a risk/reward play.

I agree completely.

And I'm sure some people will be upset with me saying this, but purely from the investors point of view, it would make more sense for them to simply wait for the bankruptcy proceedings, and buy the assets at the liquidation sale, which would be free from any incumbrance/creditors, and start from scratch. People with deposits would not be entitled to anything from the new investor, they would be limited to what they can get from the Bankruptcy proceedings.

But since the investor(s) want to do this "for the love of the hobby", they apparently don't care about actually making a profit. That's great, but the way this was presented does not give anyone any level of confidence at all, for numerous reasons. For example, the most important question of all is not answered in any way:

Who is going to be making these pins?

#9626 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

John is a crook. He's lied to us for years. Now he throws all the owners under the bus and negotiates his clean "exit" where he keeps his company and "licenses" the games (the ones WE funded) to someone else to deal with on whatever terms they decide?
I'd honestly prefer bankruptcy, John faces the music, I close the book, someone buys the pieces, and they go make the game and I'll decide then if I want to buy it (again) when its "cash & carry".

I would feel the same way. That can still happen. Just don't sign, form a small group to offset the small legal fees and put JPOP under.

I don't see how signing this is going to turn out good for anyone other then the people that are paid in full on MG, they at least have a chance at a game again (extremely small chance). Everyone else is just getting completely screwed. No way I would sign that and no way 199 people are going to pay 16K for that game. I'd be shocked if they can get 50 people on the hook for one. I don't see many people paying 11K for the other version either. If you want a good JPOP game you can have one for under 7K, why pay 16 or 11K for that pile of crap. I don't see JJP building this either. They can't even get there own games built right now.

I doubt any of you will ever hear from JPOP again. That will be his last email and sighting unless you see him in a court hearing. He will vanish back into his own little world and hope no one shows up to murder him (And no, I'm not recommending that you do this)

#9627 4 years ago

Ice, can you tell us if this licensee is someone most pinheads already know?

#9628 4 years ago

"Who is going to be making these pins?"

Why, the pinball design company that specializes in restructuring companies.

Boy oh boy, am I excited.

#9629 4 years ago

did Ice sign an nda?

#9630 4 years ago

It's beginning to sound more and more like a joke being set up by the minute. I won't be surprised to see a thread this weekend titled: And your glorious Zidware savior is........

And you'll open it to see the first post jubilantly exclaim: Deez Nutz!

#9631 4 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'd be shocked if they can get 50 people on the hook for one.

I always thought it was going to be a stretch to get to 50 when that was the rumored number.

Speaking of which... that was always an option for John... he was going to make these games... he added the extra shop space. What happened to selling more to fund it?

When people say "well, present another option" .... I presented one:

-John completes the MG prototypes
-He shows them, brings them to expos
-If they're as great as they are supposed to be: Sell 31 additional to raise $527k.
-If they're not, well, then the whole thing dies anyways.

He's supposedly showing up at the NW pin show in a few weeks with MG... but yet we are told 2 years? WTF? And why show up there?

NONE of this makes sense.

#9632 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

NONE of this makes sense.

Because it's all an ill conceived response to the current legal actions.

#9633 4 years ago

The whole thing doesn't make sense. Look at JJP. They had manufacturing experience. They had suppliers. They had an actual manufacturing line. It took ages to crank out WOZ. It's taking ages to crank out Hobbit. MG ISN'T complete. All parts in the game are custom. There isn't even a prototype complete to test on! No effing way these are made in 2 years or less! There won't be 199 suckers. There isn't enough money to complete, source parts, prototype, program (code/sounds/graphics), and build/ship these games! They would have to sell 500 or more units for it to make any semblance of sense...unless this "investor" is willing to go deep in the red for the good of pinball.

#9634 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

There won't be 199 suckers.

That's for sure.

They could not even get 200 TBL buyers and that's a way better theme with a playable prototype.

#9635 4 years ago

And one more thing....

WHY is John allowed to come be "Mr Pinball Inventor" and do a presentation at the NW show? He has lost that privilege. If anything the new investor should be the one doing the "dog & pony" shows, ala Rick (PPS).

John screwed up, screwed us, and it will make me SICK to see him lap up the adoration of a group of pinheads fawning over his shiny lights. If anything, it would motivate me to put him in bankruptcy before then and end this farce.

#9636 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And one more thing....
WHY is John allowed to come be "Mr Pinball Inventor" and do a presentation at the NW show? He has lost that privilege. If anything the new investor should be the one doing the "dog & pony" shows, ala Rick (PPS).
John screwed up, screwed us, and it will make me SICK to see him lap up the adoration of a group of pinheads fawning over his shiny lights.

He invented the Pinball "Long Con"..... So technically, he is an inventor.

#9637 4 years ago

Him being at the show makes it easier for a process server.

#9638 4 years ago

And with the new deal JPOP gets a nice cushy job for another 5 years despite blowing a million dollars of other people's money

'I have agreed to independently consult with the Licensee for continuity to complete the
pinball designs for all 3 games. The timeframe until production of RAZA and AIW product is 2 to 3 years post MG production.'

#9639 4 years ago

Anybody who gives this guy any more money deserves an icon on their account. I will suggest the following.

#9640 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Roger's a licensing guy....not a Millionaire with money to blow on this thing, or the ability to manufacture.

Yeah, I could think of a lot of good reasons for it to not be Roger. But his son does work at Raw Thrills, he does love pinball, and he is in Chicago. Couple that with "not Stern" and I can't think of another name in the Chicagoland area that would change many minds... maybe Terry @ PBL?

Mostly, it was my total shot in the dark at who the investor could be.... if there even is one. Perhaps Vid is right.

#9641 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Who is going to be making these pins

I believe in a brilliant cost savings move, he has secured manufacturing in Mexico and his cousin Juan Popadiuk is going to make sure these get made.

jp.JPG

#9642 4 years ago

Too many lawyers and 'anonymous group' type people on here. Ready to sit on the sidelines and watch people get screwed. Not once stepping up and do the morally right thing, instead just strap on the ButtPlate and watch. Takes a sick individual.

I'm not in, but I 100% feel for you guys as I'm involved up to my neck with Predator. Hope this works out for all involved. This stuff that is happening is changing Pinball and not for the good.

#9643 4 years ago

The entire sharpe family is smart enough to not get near this failure with a 100ft pole.

This entire thing is completely dead and I hope all impacted do all they can to make jpop pay. Make him file bankruptcy, make his life hell, sue him and his wife. do all you can to show him that ineptness is not an excuse.

#9644 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's for sure.
They could not even get 200 TBL buyers and that's a way better theme with a playable prototype.

Unsure if you were trying to make the suggestion, vid, but I don't think DP/TBL's situation is very comparable to JPOP/MG&RAZA's situations.

Besides the prototype, DP also demonstrated actual design PROGRESS, securing a licensing attorney with pinball bona fides, and securing the actual licenses, suggesting commitment/organization on DPs part and confidence from the movie studio (Universal?). JPOP never had any of those signs of reassurance throughout his (lack of) process.

I'm confident we'll see TH. I'm nearly as confident we'll see TBL. I KNOW we'll see KISS2.

None of the other proposed pins have given any signals that inspire >51% confidence in me of a final product.

But I do agree if your point was that if DP couldn't land 200 preorders with a more impressive organization, JPOP2 will have its work cut out for it to land some preorder money.

#9645 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There IS an investor. One we are very lucky to have.
I'll let him reveal himself. He's doing it for love of pinball. Who else is gonna jump into this shitstorm?
Option A. Don't agree to this. Sue John personally. Zidware is broke. Good luck with that
Option B. Agree to this and you get a pinball machine. Investor is risking over 1 million bucks
We all knew there would be more MGs to make the numbers work
You get John OUT of the $$$ part. What more do you want?

It's going to take a lot more than 1 million dollars of personal investment. If that's all the angel invested (who is not actually an investor!) is bringing to the table then we'll be right back here again in a year or so. The money pit that awaits is almost bottomless.

#9646 4 years ago

Double post.

#9647 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He is a great guy and asset to pinball now in a big way and doesn't deserve the BS some of you are slinging his way.

How can anyone sling bs his way when no one knows who he is? Anyone who actually believes this plan will work and these games will be made is delusional. I just invested a few hours reading up on this mess so I feel I've earned the right to comment on it.

#9648 4 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Ice, can you tell us if this licensee is someone most pinheads already know?

I do believe you all know him!

Maybe he'll come out of the closet this weekend.

#9649 4 years ago

I heard these were getting mailed out to buyers next week:
vaseline-450x450_tcm72-298021.jpg

#9650 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I suspected. The records, or lack thereof, don't even show who owes what
You have to prove what you paid. That alone is going to take time

Wow. As a corporate financial accountant for 10 years in my previous profession, this baffles me. It basically proves fraudulent intent on Johns part. Time to cut bait.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 139.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 24302 posts in this topic. You are on page 193 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside