(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 491.
#9551 8 years ago

you have got to be kidding me.

you guys are being asked to sign something obligating you to pay an unknown amount of money to an unknown entity for delivery of a currently non-existent product at an unspecified later time, and you waive any legal rights on your own behalf to sue them if they don't deliver.

none of you are considering this a serious option, are you?

i truly feel awful for what you guys have been put through

#9552 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

you don't even know who the new guy is!!
i guess some people are just destined to be taken advantage of.

Thanks for the advice genius

I love all the people that have zero at stake pile in here just to do nothing more than stir shit up

Voicing opinions is one thing

I really hope at this point he tells everybody to take a hike

Then all of the legal eagles that have no involvement can cheer you on while you get satisfaction suing John

#9553 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think he just wants to help his babies get born....

If that was the case, Poopaduke could have just given MG to JJP and in 4 years, there would indeed be a game born.

#9554 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

How the F is someone supposed to do that when this little gem is in the document?
"Completed Certifications must be received by June 1, 2015."
When exactly are the rest of the facts going to appear?

What have I said about 10 F ing times!

That deadline won't work!

#9555 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Don't tell me who I know and who I don't. I know who the new guy is and it's not my place to "out" him. He can step forward when he wants.

You're stating you know the investor personally and have not just been told a name? Again, I really hope this person's name is not David Richter because that would really be another good laugh.

#9556 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I really hope at this point he tells everybody to take a hike

Sadly, I share your hope.

No sense in letting this straw grasping go on for another 5 years.

#9557 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Is the mystery investor Bill Gates? He's donated over 28 billion to charity including $10 billion to worthy causes such as the Vaccine program. What's an extra million to help get pinball machines built for a bunch of moderately wealthy collectors... It's for the love of pinball after all

That's nothing to joke about. There's some sad stories of some people having to drive a 2 year old Mercedes instead of a new Bentley! What? Fly coach?!?

#9558 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I get the feeling that this "consultant" thing is in name only.

Interesting how they position the need for him to be involved as the reason there needs to be the waiving of the right to sue -- since he can't afford to be distracted by such nonsense.

#9559 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The advice to sue John now is Assinine. But hey, knock yourselves out
The other option is just walk away
Maybe it's lost on some people that John wouldn't be running the show anymore. Thus, you have to decide if you think the new guy is capable or not

That's the crux of the situation. It's a mystery man. You can't judge anything. And what happens if people sign and the mystery man bails because John flakes on him? The pst thing this boondoggle needs is more mystery.

#9560 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Please tell me this person's name is not David Richter (AKA SJ1000 on Pinside?). He has claimed to have millions of dollars and to invest in other Pinball companies including most recently trying to bail out JJP (that is his claim, not mine.) Much talk. Little realistic action.

It's not. Guy is legit. Believe me or not. No biggie

What also seems to be LOST on everybody is now we know

It's over for John. He's done. This guy is the last resort

One way or another we are at the fork in the road and one direction is a dead end

#9561 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe it's lost on some people that John wouldn't be running the show anymore. Thus, you have to decide if you think the new guy is capable or not

The other option is not to "just walk away." It is to choose not to sign it and see if games are made.

You are still owed a game or a refund even if you don't check a box on this document. By signing this document, you are waiving your rights and acknowledging that you may get nothing in the future.

As a matter of fact, I feel that checking the box to wait for RAZA/AIW pretty much seals your fate that you will never get anything in the future. No game, no refund, no justice. You signed that you are OK with that.

I am begging all of you to please be careful here. Make you own choices, but consult an attorney and do some research.

#9562 8 years ago

You guys are missing an opportunity here - seems to me if you're being told to fill out how much you paid in, then everybody is paid in full! Hell, tell 'em you paid for 2 raza's to solve the 50% credit problem. Since there are apparently no records.

/not serious

#9563 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

That's the crux of the situation. It's a mystery man. You can't judge anything. And what happens if people sign and the mystery man bails because John flakes on him? The pst thing this boondoggle needs is more mystery.

I'm trying to agree. Need more time and less mystery.

#9564 8 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

Just got the email from John, Someone is taking over the licence to continue to make the Magic Girl game, and possibly the RAZA and AIW in the future with no guarantee. The magic girl will be produced as a special LE version for collectors but will cost 16,000. So if you paid 4000 up front for RAZA you now need to pay an additional 11,0000 to receive a game. If you decide to take the standard non limited addition than you will lose half of your money and need to make up the additional to buy the game between 10,000 and 12,000 dollars which is not yet determined. Which costs you an additional 8,000 to 10,000 dollars.
oh, yeah.... if you decide that you want the game that you ordered in the first place like RAZA in my situation. The Price isnt yet established for the completion of the game OR how much of my 6,500 dollars will be credited to the purchase. AND, it wont be produced for 5 years, if at all.
I wont be investing any more money in anything this jerk has to do with.

WTF!

#9565 8 years ago

There will be no refunds ever:

RULES of ACQUISITION
Rule #1: Once you have their money, never give it back.

#9566 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

The other option is not to "just walk away." It is to choose not to sign it and see if games are made.
You are still owed a game or a refund even if you don't check a box on this document. By signing this document, you are waiving your rights and acknowledging that you may get nothing in the future.
As a matter of fact, I feel that checking the box to wait for RAZA/AIW pretty much seals your fate that you will never get anything in the future. No game, no refund, no justice. You signed that you are OK with that.
I am begging all of you to please be careful here. Make you own choices, but consult an attorney and do some research.

Didn't these guys have to sign disclosure agreements with Jpop

#9567 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You guys are missing an opportunity here - seems to me if you're being told to fill out how much you paid in, then everybody is paid in full! Hell, tell 'em you paid for 2 raza's to solve the 50% credit problem. Since there are apparently no records.
/not serious

94.5% of me thinks that would actually work....

/serious

#9568 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's not. Guy is legit. Believe me or not. No biggie

It's not that I don't believe you but I am curious of what you know so confidently that makes him so legit? A big name in pinball that everyone knows? A close friend of yours that you have intimate knowledge of his finances and business prowess?

#9569 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If people want refunds.... well, refund them. That will be the cost of doing business.

From what I can gleam from this deal, the Licensee is getting no pre-order funds from Zidware (because they're gone), so I can't imagine this new player stepping forward and immediately throwing away $750K, or whatever the figure is to refund everyone. To make this work it seems like he's going to need to keep the existing customers (captive as they are) and make the most expensive game. Otherwise, whatever business plan the Licensee has in mind can't work. Then all pre-orders are lost and we are all burned as was stated in a previous post.

Like Ice has said, there are two other options. Sue and get nothing or maybe a few pennies on the dollar (which I doubt), or walk away. On this new lifeline option, none of the pre-order folks will send in another penny until much more is revealed to them. The Licensee has his hands full and a lot of fence mending to do before that could possibly happen. Whoever it is, he's got big brass ones, just to touch this IMHO.

#9570 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

You are owed a refund or pin from Zidware, not the new entity

We will never get a pin from John. I accept that and he just confirmed that with his letter

Anybody can license the IP, make the pins and wipe out the prior owners

That is NOT what is happening here

I agree, do your due diligence and choose wisely

#9571 8 years ago
Quoted from kmoore88:

StevenP, right?

Wrong. I had nothing to do with this particular letter and confirmation form. The first time I saw it was this morning. It was not the 'personal' communication that I was editing, which is apparently not going to be sent at this point. The current arrangement renders that letter moot.

#9572 8 years ago

Guess we'll never know if that ramp shot was doable or not

#9573 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Don't sign it.

Unless Poopaduke sends you a registered letter by June 1st, how could he ever prove you received it?

#9574 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Don't sign it.
Unless Poopaduke sends you a registered letter by June 1st, how could he ever prove you received it?

Poopaduke? I believe his name is actually popash*t.

#9575 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There IS an investor. One we are very lucky to have.
I'll let him reveal himself. He's doing it for love of pinball. Who else is gonna jump into this shitstorm?
Option A. Don't agree to this. Sue John personally. Zidware is broke. Good luck with that
Option B. Agree to this and you get a pinball machine. Investor is risking over 1 million bucks
We all knew there would be more MGs to make the numbers work
You get John OUT of the $$$ part. What more do you want?

#9576 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

It's not that I don't believe you but I am curious of what you know so confidently that makes him so legit? A big name in pinball that everyone knows? A close friend of yours that you have intimate knowledge of his finances and business prowess?

The latter.

That said, judging by the nature of the responses, it's over anyhow

And John can now face the legal firing squad and people can grab their pound of flesh

I'm moving on, the advice I'd give any client with these facts, and try not to make stupid pinball mistakes again

#9577 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't think that part has been in this thread yet, just quoted. This is it if anyone cares:
Order-Confirm.pdf (Click image to enlarge)
Forum embed treats white as transparent over a black background, so you have to click to read it.

Are they asking that more money be sent to Zidware with the legal document signed while John is still in charge? That is Nuts!

#9578 8 years ago

I have not read all these posts today, but clearly this is just another delay tactic, and John does NOT want to be sued any more. I would clearly sue him, on the grounds of breach of contract. It's a win, see Skit-B situation.

If John has no assets, he can not sell/transfer these games over to a new entity. These assets are paid for by you guys, if the new entity wants them, or if John wants to sell/give them to the new entity, that's not you guys problem, John has to re-compensate the pre-owners. The didn't buy a game to be delivered 6-7 years after they sent in money. RAZA buyers didn't sign up for a $16K MG. Heck even the original MG buyers didn't pay to be part of a 199 run followed by an unlimited run of games. The ENTIRE CONTRACT is broken by John, and he needs to liquidate, and if the new buyers want to make the pin, they can do whatever with the pre-sales or sale after build. But the Zidware pre-owners are owed money. John, John's assets, John's wife's assets, the new buyer, someone need to pay.

If the new buyer is willing to give 1 credit for future pins, they should just give 1 refunds simple as that.
IMO

#9579 8 years ago

Its Poopadeuce.

Amateurs

Quoted from GetTheJackpot:

Poopaduke? I believe his name is actually popash*t.

#9580 8 years ago

Wow.... just wow.

#9581 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

To the mystery investor:
REBOOT today. Distance yourself from everything John said AND the contract. Flush it.
THEN present yourself, your plan, how you will do this and DO NOT ASK US FOR ANYTHING.
If people want refunds.... well, refund them. That will be the cost of doing business.
If you are planning on selling hundreds of games, well there is profit there. If you're an investor, then this is a risk/reward play.

This sounds great, but it's just unrealistic unless the "investor" wants to bail out the buyers (and unpaid contractors) out of the goodness of his own heart. It simply wouldn't be a sound business decision to pay well north of $1 million in refunds in exchange for the incomplete mess that JPop has thrown together so far.

I see two options:

1) People sue JPop, he goes into bankruptcy, buyers get little or nothing. Maybe someone buys the IP and actually makes the games someday or at least uses portions of the designs. But the current buyers would get no "credit" for the down payment money that Jpop pissed away if/when games are made using IP purchased in the bankruptcy. This is by far the most likely to occur.

2) Some variant of the (admittedly terribly pitched and probably not fully thought out) deal that JPop's currently hawking gets done. Every single buyer (or enough that refunding a few holdouts is not a deal breaker) signs on and agrees not to sue for a refund. Unless Zidware had insane profit margins on all of the games, something's got to give and the current buyers will effectively have to pay more than initially agreed for the pins. Otherwise, the new investor is promising to make the games for original MSRP minus ~ $5k, and that's just not realistic. These are niche market games, they're never going to sell 500+ to amortize away all the lost deposit funds.

Option 2 is unlikely to work out since most buyers understandably want out at this point. But if there's any chance of it working, I agree with you that it's got to be repackaged and repitched. Identify the new manufacturer, disclose all terms of the new deal, clearly disclose JPop's limited role (firm deadlines, penalties for non-performance, no veto power and no further money to be paid -- his compensation is avoiding bankruptcy). Then maybe there's a shot.

#9582 8 years ago

Like I suspected. The records, or lack thereof, don't even show who owes what

You have to prove what you paid. That alone is going to take time

#9583 8 years ago

Don't sign it. Jpop turned down better bail out offers just a few months ago.

There is no way that I am signing up for another magical mystery tour with secret investors. The investor needs to come public and sell us on the deal.

They also need to provide more time for investors to decide.

#9584 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I know who the new guy is and it's not my place to "out" him. He can step forward when he wants.

That fact that anyone would still keep Jpop's secrets baffles me. F the guy, out him! The only chance of this thing ever getting back on the rails is NO MORE SECRETS!!!

#9585 8 years ago

Sadly, this is the end of the road.

#9586 8 years ago

Man, some people are living in fantasy land right there with John

I accept the fact that it's over

And I've made my decision not to sue him. I'll blame myself for being stupid. Life is too short.

So pile on and have some fun. It doesn't matter

#9587 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The only chance of this thing ever getting back on the rails is NO MORE SECRETS

Well that, AND no more Jpop.... there is zero chance of him changing his genetic fabric this late in life. The only way this thing has a chance at all is if an existing manufacturer agreed to take it on. If this mystery investor has never actually manufactured a machine, and Jpop has actually never manufactured a machine, there is going to be very little experience there to actually manufacture a machine.

#9588 8 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Its Poopadeuce.

Pay up, and get your layer out of here.

Pay up, ol' John is working hard this year.

And baby, do the things he says to do.

-

For four years he was feeling good.

For four years he was feeling nice.

You know your man was working hard.

He's Poopadeuce!

#9589 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Well that, AND no more Jpop.... there is zero chance of him changing his genetic fabric this late in life. The only way this thing has a chance at all is if an existing manufacturer agreed to take it on. If this mystery investor has never actually manufactured a machine, and Jpop has actually never manufactured a machine, there is going to be very little experience there to actually manufacture a machine.

The assumption is that said investor will acquire deal with JJP to manufacture the pins. Just my opinion

#9590 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The assumption is that said investor will acquire deal with JJP to manufacture the pins. Just my opinion

Better add a couple more years on then

#9591 8 years ago

You fought the good fight Ice. Too bad the people you were fighting for let everybody down.

Quoted from iceman44:

Man, some people are living in fantasy land right there with John
I accept the fact that it's over
And I've made my decision not to sue him. I'll blame myself for being stupid. Life is too short.
So pile on and have some fun. It doesn't matter

#9592 8 years ago

Unless this investor comes back with a new offer, any further discussion about options is a moot point. There is no way in hell anywhere close to 100% of buyers are going to sign up for the current pitch, which is what they said they needed to move forward.

#9593 8 years ago

not to be a broken record, but how do they expect someone to agree to this without knowing who the new company/owner is and how they plan to produce games, that john has been unable to even produce a working prototype.

All indications are that all existing companies that have a demonstrated ability to manufacture a game have zero interest in this project in any form.

If this guy is such a capable businessman, then why is he hiding behind his lawyer? Given how much of the issue has been lack of communication and transparency, certainly this is not the right way to go about it.

I also have to think the vendors and contractors who are unpaid, are not going to just sit back and let the little bit of value of the company has be sold off in this manner.

#9594 8 years ago

So there is this mystery Licensee who has a lot of money.

This mystery Licensee wants to do something "for the love of pinball" and wants to get into the business of building pinball machines.

Why would this person not want to just start his own fresh new pinball company from scratch and pay the proper people to design and build a game?

Why would this person think that trying to get involved in this toxic JPOP situation is a good idea?

#9595 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If the new buyer

This is what I think some folks are misunderstanding. From what I can gather, it's not a new buyer of Zidware. It's someone getting licensed to make the games but receiving none of the pre-order funds. So, whoever it is will provide all or half pre-order payment credits in order to keep the customers and roll them into MG.

Or, they can wait and buy the designs on the cheap after Zidware's inevitable bankruptcy and start over fresh while all pre-order money is lost.

#9596 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How do you know if the new guy is capable if you have to agree without knowing who the new guy is?

#9597 8 years ago

The people that have real $$$ on the line will make the right choice for them. And it will be clearer this weekend.

Some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves. Since when did it become a bad thing to come in and offer to bail out an idiot like John so we all have a chance at getting our pins.

What i know for a FACT, that you guys will soon know for a FACT, over the weekend is that this group is real and legit and I suspect that more time and explanation will be forthcoming.

He is a great guy and asset to pinball now in a big way and doesn't deserve the BS some of you are slinging his way.

Let the FACTS come out, there is much more to come. I'm sure most of the people involved will be very happy with the situation.

#9598 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The people that have real $$$ on the line will make the right choice for them. And it will be clearer this weekend.
Some of you people should be ashamed of yourselves. Since when did it become a bad thing to come in and offer to bail out an idiot like John so we all have a chance at getting our pins.
What i know for a FACT, that you guys will soon know for a FACT, over the weekend is that this group is real and legit and I suspect that more time and explanation will be forthcoming.
He is a great guy and asset to pinball now in a big way and doesn't deserve the BS some of you are slinging his way.
Let the FACTS come out, there is much more to come. I'm sure most of the people involved will be very happy with the situation.

The guy/investor/saviour needs to come here and present his proposal CLEARLY. Also, any money anybody submits needs to go to a post JPop controlled Zidware.

#9599 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

not to be a broken record, but how do they expect someone to agree to this without knowing who the new company/owner is and how they plan to produce games, that john has been unable to even produce a working prototype.
All indications are that all existing companies that have a demonstrated ability to manufacture a game have zero interest in this project in any form.
If this guy is such a capable businessman, then why is he hiding behind his lawyer? Given how much of the issue has been lack of communication and transparency, certainly this is not the right way to go about it.
I also have to think the vendors and contractors who are unpaid, are not going to just sit back and let the little bit of value of the company has be sold off in this manner.

I don't know how many times i can say this, more info is coming this weekend, you might imagine that a ton of stuff had to happen to get it to this point.

Vendors getting paid I suspect have to be part of the deal.

Like I said, more info coming soon.

F it, I'm cautiously excited about it! Why not, what else am I gonna do, hang my head and go cry in the corner. Nope, gonna fire it up tonight ladies and have some fun!

Enjoy this great Memorial day weekend

#9600 8 years ago

I feel sorry for all of you - been a hard day at work, back home with 300+ new posts regarding JPop.
Know what you feel, been predator'ed. Believe it or not, I have more sympathy for Kevin than John... and still have not lost anything with Jpop.

The thing is that the investor could be legit.
But the way Jpop introduced the deal is so bad that no one can accept it. So dumb.
Were I the investor, the first thing I would have asked would have been to ask John to shut up.

The only chance is the mystery guy to show up real soon, apologizes for Jpop (!), change the deadline and accept to re-discuss the terms of the agreement.
- No more 1:2 conversion.
- Give a firm price, with a firm delivery date.
- Give a name and show you invest your money in the adventure.
- Allow full refunds.
- Find a way to pay Jpop's debts.

Assuming I had the $ to be the mystery investor, that's what I would do for the love of pinball.
Sadly, I am not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/192 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.