(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 487.
#8651 4 years ago
Quoted from RomstarArkanoid:

I typed "Zidware Address" into Google and got the answer without even having to click. Hell, even Bing brought it up as the top link.

I was willing to go as someone's representative assuming they are requesting some eyes on the ground, but nobody appears to want that at this time.

#8652 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was willing to go as someone's representative assuming they are requesting some eyes on the ground, but nobody appears to want that at this time.

Honestly there is probably mix of people who don't want you to go there to get hypnotized, and another mix of people who are skeptical of how well you could see through the wall of BS that may be thrown at you given "past history".

#8653 4 years ago

i personally don't see the point. John is very effective at giving the "wonka tour". That is what has allowed him to take as long as he has.

The only tour I want now is a tour of his books.

#8654 4 years ago

All facts aside, if you are not going to communicate with your customers, you can expect 173 page threads with like this.

#8655 4 years ago

With the NDA in-place I would of assumed preorder folks would at a minimum get to review his accounting records on an annual basis.

#8656 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

#8657 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was never provided info on where to go so looks like no eyes on the ground today at Jpop headquarters.

The Zidware mailing address is:
39 Sangra Court - Streamwood IL 60107
(Mods, this is prominently displayed on the website)

I'd like to know what you see. The more eyes and ears the better. Please be civil and polite but I see no problems with going to a business and asking questions as a future potential customer. I'd do the same thing if I went to Chicago and really wanted to see a tour of Stern and ask questions.

#8658 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Other than a few people who might think it will make a few pages of good drama on P.S, I don't think anyone believes that John is going to welcome a complete stranger into his shop with open arms and show you all his progress so you can report back to P.S, you have a better chance of getting a 1 on 1 with the president of the united states.....

#8659 4 years ago

If you have money in your pocket, good chance you will be invited in as a potential customer. Actually a better chance than a pissed off existing customer with no game or answers on what is happening year after year.

#8660 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry Hilton, didn't know you were going to jump right on this!

Like I said, gas money and dinner for you.

#8661 4 years ago
Quoted from RomstarArkanoid:

Final? Are you sure?

my post was in reference to someone saying it was the final piece. My point is simply that just having a complete prototype means just that, it's a prototype. For as godly as Jpop considers himself his games have had issues in the prototyping phase that needed to be addressed and some even after production games rolled off the line, thinking CV (jpops "masterpiece")and the extensive fix kit that was needed.

The prototype should be seen as just that, a step in the process, and not a finished, ready to go to the line, game.

#8662 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

my post was in reference to someone saying it was the final piece. My point is simply that just having a complete prototype means just that, it's a prototype. For as godly as Jpop considers himself his games have had issues in the prototyping phase that needed to be addressed and some even after production games rolled off the line, thinking CV (jpops "masterpiece")and the extensive fix kit that was needed.
The prototype should be seen as just that, a step in the process, and not a finished, ready to go to the line, game.

Ah, I see, and agree. Sadly he made it out of aluminum!

#8663 4 years ago

On AMH we had a complete playable game at MGC 2013...

...and they were ready for manufacturing a year later.

#8664 4 years ago

Ben, None of my business and if you don't want to answer I respect that.

Do you have a non-compete agreement w/ Spooky where you can't work or consult with other Pinball Manufacturers while working with Spooky?

#8665 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So StevenP is in the process today. As we speak, editing a letter from John with a major update on everything

Still no letter. Editing Letters is hard™.

All kidding aside, after seeing the last letter from John, I think editing him would be a nightmare. Forget the grammatical considerations, just removing all the rambling, blaming of everyone else, appeals to authority, and thinly veiled threats against critics would leave you with what, a few sentence fragments at the end of the day?

I will say this. It is obvious his last few communications were not edited at all. It is a step in the right direction letting it go through StevenP first. Hopefully all declarative statements promising changes will at least be met with a stern "Are you really really sure - pinky swear - that you are going to follow through with this?" from StevenP before they are committed to (digital) paper. The last thing anyone needs is Frolic's list of broken promises and lies to be extended by this new communication. StevenP seems like a stand-up guy, and I assume he will push John to be more truthful this time before signing off on it.

#8666 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

It is a step in the right direction letting it go through StevenP

StevenP will make it PC, but at the end of the day it won't mean squat. If you're not getting your pins, who cares about some letter? A nicely worded letter isn't smoothing anything over at this point.

#8667 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry Hilton, didn't know you were going to jump right on this!
Like I said, gas money and dinner for you.

Sorry, just saw this. On road to VFW show already at this point.

Looks like his show is under 2hrs from madison. If someone wants me to be their rep then talk w stevenp or whomever i guess and arrange a date. i will go down and be the eyes ears and critical thinking head you all likely need at this time. I have zero bias since i am not in on any jpop game.

#8668 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So StevenP is in the process today. As we speak, editing a letter from John with a major update on everything

Let's face it, the only "major update" that he could provide at this point is that an investor is taking over the project.

Pretty much anything else would just be more words / empty promises.

#8669 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

StevenP will make it PC, but at the end of the day it won't mean squat. If you're not getting your pins, who cares about some letter? A nicely worded letter isn't smoothing anything over at this point.

Well I assume the only thing to update people on at this point that will matter is the status of the current investors, and what their strategy for getting MG out the door will be, ie. What the new numbers are, what is being done to address RAZA and AIW buyers, etc.

Just saying he is talking to investors won't cut it. If they have an agreement locked down and a plan for going forward, then that is what matters. If not, then it's just more of the same, just cleaned up a bunch by StevenP.

Based on Iceman's "30 days" post, if this letter is just another stalling tactic, other wheels in motion are gonna run the clock out on John anyway, so it won't buy him much.

#8670 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

In Hiltons defense, it would have been difficult for himself and John. Just having a random Pinsider show up and ask questions.
Now, that's not to say Stern or JJP might accommodate someone, but it's not a given that a random person would/should be given access to a company's workshop. And especially John with his NDA. I doubt he'd let Hilton look around.
It should / has to be an owner.

That's true in John's case... but in reality, actually I think Stern or JJP would absolutely show some random person the company's workshop. Happens all the time, actually! Not sure how open Stern would be to it unscheduled, but I'd bet money if you stopped by JJP you could have the run of the place, may even get a tour from Jack. He's done that tons of times.

John though probably not, lol...

#8671 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Looks like his show is under 2hrs from madison. If someone wants me to be their rep then talk w stevenp or whomever i guess and arrange a date. i will go down and be the eyes ears and critical thinking head you all likely need at this time. I have zero bias since i am not in on any jpop game.

you should have bias if you are representing anyone in on this game.

John and those supporting him need to either spill the beans to wtf is going on to those persons whose money John is playing with or just stfu in my opinion. This dangling the carrot bullshit that people are playing is pretty pathetic for dragging out an already deplorable situation. once again, Jpop is total joke at this point.

#8672 4 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Just saying he is talking to investors won't cut it. If they have an agreement locked down and a plan for going forward, then that is what matters. If not, then it's just more of the same, just cleaned up a bunch by StevenP.

Exactly right! Besides, JPOP already told everyone how he feels, and he feels it's everyone's fault but his own. The guy truly is a self absorbed jackass and he's earned every bit of that reputation as far as I can tell.

#8673 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How is it you think any of these people, jpop, Steven are going to meet with you? Have you talked to them and arranged something, just hoping?

#8674 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Let's face it, the only "major update" that he could provide at this point is that an investor is taking over the project.
Pretty much anything else would just be more words / empty promises.

I would agree with that and that is what is hopefully is coming out

Otherwise it's def over

StevenP I'm sure is carefully editing and maybe waiting for a few more details

Never know with John. John is probably stressing over a word or phrase Steve changed

#8675 4 years ago

John's shop is not the White House. If it takes that much editing I'm not so sure it's worth reading.+

(24 paragraphs on how Pinside has killed his business) (striken)

(16 paragraphs on a boring plastic ramp) (all but one paragraph striken)

Sorry for the delays.

John

#8676 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

John's shop is not the White House. If it takes that much editing I'm not so sure it's worth reading.+
(24 paragraphs on how Pinside has killed his business) (striken)
(16 paragraphs on a boring plastic ramp) (all but one paragraph striken)
Sorry for the delays.
John

I just want to know how often he is going to update his blog/s this time.....

#8677 4 years ago

Well, I'm prepared for the worst

Who would invest in Zidware?

Just can't see it unless it's a true angel from God investor

Must be missing something here with Zidware

#8678 4 years ago

Zidware is dead Ice you know it and I know it. Lets be realists here shall we. And if you are waiting for a letter from JPOP himself then whoever the Angel from God is can't be too smart now can they

#8679 4 years ago

Haven't looked into this thread since page 125. I see that nothing has happened. At what point is it over? Never, if John never admits it? it's like the war on terror; it will never be over because there will never be any sort of official surrender.

No point in suing John as there really isn't much to recover. Is everyone going to take 1 part from 1 of the 3 prototype machines? Not worth the effort. So again, is it possible that it will literally never have an *offical* end? I don't see John ever formally throwing in the towel, just simply evaporating over time.

#8680 4 years ago

Dateline 2025...... Jpop reveals new under cabinet art. It's never been done in pinball before. Maybe Zidware is back on track and games will go into production soon!

#8681 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

(so I'm basically saying all the RAZA art would need to be redone)

DAMN you Debbie Heck..... Where's my bullet?

downer.jpg

#8682 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I wonder what iteration of the White Water insanity falls ramp they added the 'exit' so that if the ball did not make the climb successfully it could exit, and I wonder at what point they decided to add the small 'cover' piece to keep the ball from flying off on the way down. Maybe they got that right the first time, I don't know, but my point being, when you make this stuff, you don't know what you don't know.

It was there from day 1, I guarantee it.

It should be obvious from any amount of time spent thinking about these things, heck even PLAYING them, the number 1 rule of pinball is: The ball will find a way to get there. My best most recent example was on a Metallica I was playing on a league night: Shot 2 balls up the orbits during multiball, post came up for at least one of them and shot the ball up and impossibly stuck behind sparky's chair. Just like nature will find a way, the ball will find a way.

That being said, it is almost impossible to envision a scenario where a ball airballs up onto the insanity falls ramp, and I have in fact never seen that happen. I did have a very weird shot, once, where the ball hit the glass early (earlier than it normally does) and did not have velocity to make it back up the other side, so it dribbled for about 10 seconds and finally fell out. Only time I've ever seen that. But can you imagine how stupid your game would look with a ball just sitting there not doing anything (eventually it would've been 3 balls = game down)?

Stern is correct in using one of the trendiest buzzwords in their recent PR... There's a lot of tribal knowledge in pinball, and stuff like an insanity falls ramp without a bailout just simply does not get designed.

#8683 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, I'm prepared for the worst
Who would invest in Zidware?
Just can't see it unless it's a true angel from God investor
Must be missing something here with Zidware

Some investor would have to look past the lack of business plan, the low production numbers, low margins, high costs of manufacturing, million dollars of debt to existing owners needed to build machines owed, and little upside down the road. It's not like this is some potentially 100 million dollar gem of a company needing to be polished up.

I'd be curious to know what kind of money John is looking for from these investors. I doubt anyone would cut him a really big check, and if its not for super big money, then what is the point? Had he just hustled and gotten Magic Girl done a year ago, he could have crowd funded what he needs to continue operations.

But I guess that lack of business savvy is why he's here in the first place.

#8684 4 years ago

In fact Pinball is such a small market. I find it hard to believe anyone would go into it for the money. I can not believe JJP has made a dime on manufacturing side, Stern I'm sure makes money but with cost cutting, lack of PF supports, subtracting a spinner from a $4800 Metallica pro, plastic apron, skimpy voice actors and inadequate licenses and code etc..

I'm not saying all Stern games are inadequate as IM has full movie clips, Kiss and Metallica will have voices from the band members which is not cheap. But overall the trend at Stern has been to lower costs where possible. I can not help but think Stern could use a few more coders.

The total profit from selling 500 pins over 5 years (realistically can't see Zidware even doing that) is minuscule, just no meat on the bone.

#8685 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

In fact Pinball is such a small market. I find it hard to believe anyone would go into it for the money. I can not believe JJP has made a dime on manufacturing side, Stern I'm sure makes money but with cost cutting, lack of PF supports, subtracting a spinner from a $4800 Metallica pro, plastic apron, skimpy voice actors and inadequate licenses and code etc..
I'm not saying all Stern games are inadequate as IM has full movie clips, Kiss and Metallica will have voices from the band members which is not cheap. But overall the trend at Stern has been to lower costs where possible. I can not help but think Stern could use a few more coders.
The total profit from selling 500 pins over 5 years (realistically can't see Zidware even doing that) is minuscule, just no meat on the bone.

Totally agree with this. The best case scenario would be a Disney one where the prince of Agrabah (Aladdin) has a secret pinball collection and would like to see more pins by the likes of jpop, thus throwing million dollar bills on the steps of Zidware's HQ.

#8686 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Had he just hustled and gotten Magic Girl done a year ago, he could have crowd funded what he needs to continue operations.
But I guess that lack of business savvy is why he's here in the first place.

Yep! Trying to work on 3 games (4 if you include Kiss) instead of just finishing one.

#8687 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Yep! Trying to work on 3 games (4 if you include Kiss) instead of just finishing one.

I wonder how he kept all the money separated for each project. Must have been tough having all that RAZA money sitting there and not being able to use it on other projects.

#8689 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I did have a very weird shot, once, where the ball hit the glass early (earlier than it normally does) and did not have velocity to make it back up the other side, so it dribbled for about 10 seconds and finally fell out.

I've seen this on more than one occasion. BTW, I was referring to that plastic flap that sits over the ramp just as it starts to the descend.

I have not doubt you are right about that opening being there from day 1 (would have been crazy not to think it would get stuck there), but my whole point around this was that you want a prototype ramp in the game so you can see and find places that are going to have an issue, that you don't see when doing the design, and that you want to find before you make a final, expensive, mold. From your comments I am sure you agree with that.

I know at the Mafia event last week at my house, the ball got stuck on one of my custom games in a spot it has never gotten stuck before. Not a spot I would have identified as a likely place for it to happen, but as you said, the ball will find a way, now I need to find a way to prevent it.

#8690 4 years ago

John may not have even worried about that stuff. The warranty is only good for keeping the game locked in your basement right? No location play allowed. So rare ball hangups mean you just pop the glass. Nothing stuck for a week until a tech maybe swings by.

#8691 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How is it you think any of these people, jpop, Steven are going to meet with you? Have you talked to them and arranged something, just hoping?

This dude has been collecting pinball machines for over THREE YEARS.

I think they'd know better than to refuse an audience with him.

#8692 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I wonder how he kept all the money separated for each project. Must have been tough having all that RAZA money sitting there and not being able to use it on other projects.

I don't think he has a sense on how how to do that.

#8694 4 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Zidware is dead Ice you know it and I know it. Lets be realists here shall we. And if you are waiting for a letter from JPOP himself then whoever the Angel from God is can't be too smart now can they

There are plenty of dummies out there Bill. Look at us, we bought into the damn thing in the first place

I put myself at the front of the dummy line list.

I suspended all common sense with this deal. It wasn't that long ago, last August/September that I and others were rushing to get on the MG list.

The funny thing is he wouldn't take our money back then for MG. Started at 13, then 17, 25 and then the additional 25 for a total of 50.

There is still a little hope, as long as people will invest in companies like Tesla at this valuation I'm thinking there is still a long line of dummies in the "dummy line".

#8695 4 years ago

That letter sure is taking a long time to complete.

#8696 4 years ago

New video on the pinball inventor facebook page showing that they have to have custom glass because the regular glass is about three inches too short for his new cabinets. At the end of the video, he says they will put the final playfield in the cabinet before going out west. Anyone know what that means? Anyone know why I have to try to solve riddles to know what the hell is going on with John and Zidware?

#8697 4 years ago

I think he means Seattle, NW Pinball Arcade Show.

#8698 4 years ago

This just in, John has some custom fit playfield glass for MG and RAZA. Man, I am glad that is out of the way!

#8699 4 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

New video on the pinball inventor facebook page showing that they have to have custom glass because the regular glass is about three inches too short for his new cabinets.

It takes him 4 years to discover this?

#8700 4 years ago

How does one order replacement glass for this custom size?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
7,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, PA
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside