(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 166 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 487.
#8551 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm glad Chris at Cointaker came out and said what he said now, after getting upset with me disclosing that story a few months ago. Shining a light on can only help everybody involved.

I'm glad Chris spoke up publicly as well. There are still deniers whom claim there is even a problem beyond "the pinside group" making trouble for John.

#8552 4 years ago

As for the NDA, sign it, take your look around, ask your questions and then call me.

You can't possibly violate any portion of that NDA even if you tried at this point.

I'll relay everything you find with ZERO concern.

#8553 4 years ago

If someone wants to message me pertinent info so I know where to go, please do.

No promises but I have ample time in the near future and assume he is less than a 3 hour drive from me?

I have no problems with shomwing up at a business as a representative wanting to put eyes on the progress. Wasn't that the promise to all buyers? They are allowed to show up and see the shop and progress.

#8554 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm glad Chris spoke up publicly as well. There are still deniers that there is even a problem beyond "the pinside group" making trouble for John.

The secrecy thing helps protect all that. And not trying to stick a fork in your eye Hilton because I know the SkitB thing is painful too, but you can see what happens when information flow is severely lacking and nobody knows wtf is actually going on.

There will always be deniers until the bitter end, that's what people like John and Kevin survive on as long as they do.

The secrecy goes to their lack of CHARACTER and INTEGRITY. Simple as that. Won't answer customer and vendor questions and then won't even do what he said he would do recently, update the blogs at least twice weekly!

#8555 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If someone wants to message me pertinent info so I know where to go, please do.
No promises but I have ample time in the near future and assume he is less than a 3 hour drive from me?

I'll pay for your gas money and dinner

#8556 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Send me info ice and I will go as your representative.

#8557 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll pay for a meal too and I have zero invested.

#8558 4 years ago

Whysnow hasn't signed the nda. I highly doubt john lets him step foot inside. I hope he does have a chance to though. I just find it unlikely.

#8559 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

From my experience with Predator I would advise EVERYONE that has money on this project to show up at John's studio and take your money or equivalent in parts ASAP.
I have been loosely following along and this seems to be going a similar path. Get your money (or equivalent in parts) now, while you still have a shot at something.
Good luck to all, maybe they wil make a special jail cell somewhere to hold scam artist pinball designers.
This post was moderated and edited for Other, please specify below 1 hour ago.
Pinside does not condone ever going to someone in person for any reason uninvited. Please avoid activities like this that could endanger people, places, or property and could spark a mob mentality. Be safe, be realistic, and careful with any actions you may take.

Have to agree with Pinchili. Going to someones home is one thing but to a place of business that you are a customer or even potential customer makes total sense.

#8560 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I find it curious that your first post about possibly visiting John was flagged by the mods with "Pinside does not condone ever going to someone in person for any reason uninvited". I agree that showing up at another Pinsider's home uninvited is a bad idea but in this case, showing up at a place of business to ask "what the hell is going on?" seems reasonable. Invite or not.

Pinside wants to be everyone's mom. Soon we will have to post here to ask permission to go outside and play

Frankly, if John had my money, that's more than enough invite to go to his shop!

#8561 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Have to agree with Pinchili. Going to someones home is one thing but to a place of business that you are a customer or even potential customer makes total sense.

No. You and Pinchili are missing the point. Nobody said it was wrong to just show up at his business. But he said go and just *take* your money or equivalent in parts:

Quoted from Whysnow:

I would advise EVERYONE that has money on this project to show up at John's studio and take your money or equivalent in parts ASAP.

Really?

Great advice...if you want to go to jail.

#8562 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really?

It would also fvck over everyone else.

#8563 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No. You and Pinchili are missing the point. Nobody said it was wrong to just show up at his business. But he said go and just *take* your money or equivalent in parts:

I stand corrected. Looting = bad

#8564 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No. You and Pinchili are missing the point. Nobody said it was wrong to just show up at his business. But he said go and just *take* your money or equivalent in parts...

Quoted from jayhawkai:

It would also fvck over everyone else.

Agreed. "Self-help" remedies taken by angry/desperate creditors outside of the ordinary course of business are called preferential transfers. They give one creditor preferential treatment at the expense of other creditors by satisfying one claim at 100% while other creditors get 0%. That's why trustees in US Bankruptcy Court are vested with the power to avoid such transfers, allowing them to be disgorged post-petition under the authority of a court order.

#8565 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Pinside wants to be everyone's mom. Soon we will have to post here to ask permission to go outside and play
Frankly, if John had my money, that's more than enough invite to go to his shop!

I personally think some of these mods go waaaay overboard and some are using their personal opinions to police this group. And where do they find the time to read every post on pinside.

Im sure this is the last you will see of me on this thread.

#8566 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really?

I did not mean to loot from the guy. I meant to actually talk to the guy that has your 10k plus in person where he can not ignore you. I know I would be sure to leave with either a refund or the equivalent in parts and have a feeling john would comply with your demands if done in person.

#8567 4 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Agreed. "Self-help" remedies taken by angry/desperate creditors outside of the ordinary course of business are called preferential transfers. They give one creditor preferential treatment at the expense of other creditors by satisfying one claim at 100% while other creditors get 0%. That's why trustees in US Bankruptcy Court are vested with the power to avoid such transfers, allowing them to be disgorged post-petition under the authority of a court order.

I agree, but you just know if things go south those semi-completed prototypes are going to disappear first.

#8568 4 years ago

JPoop looks like the type of guy that would piss himself if confronted by someone that even hinted at getting violent. He reminds me of that guy in The Walking Dead that lied and said he had a cure and had everyone protecting him tooth and nail. Maybe what happened to him needs to happen to J Poop to let him know that people aren't happy with the present situation.

#8569 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The facts .... Quick summary:
- a lot of money paid
- a long time ago
- not much to show for it
- lots of art revisions
- lots of angry punters
- lots of angry vendors
- zero communication
- phone answering fail
- great harm
- generally not positive
Think that about sums it up.
rd.

What happened to the programmer
When will he hire another one anytime soon
Does he have the money to pay a salary for a year for one
Will the new programmer have to start from scratch like most us expect him too
Does he still think his customers should still be held to his nada.
Does he realize he's burning bridges with his vendors

#8570 4 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Oh, and GLM still hasn't been paid. Going on two years here in a month or so!

Just wondering if John Popadiuk has paid you yet. I want to to keep bringing this up until John Popadiuk pays you. Apparently John Popadiuk has enough money to pay for making ramps, but you are not worth paying even though your boards are what run the games.

#8571 4 years ago

Does anyone else think it would be hilarious if Whysnow showed up at JPOPs shop dressed as his avatar? Full Duffman costume! Someone secret camera record that! We could all use a laugh.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#8572 4 years ago

Not to be pessimistic, but as a betting man, I would bet that Whysnow is going to be like others who have visited John. He will go to the shop, see all the cool stuff, John will waive is magic wand and whysnow will be hypnotized and drink the cool aid. He will report back that stuff looks great and progressing and that jpop will soon be showing more stuff. I do not mean this in anyway as a slam or commentary about whysnow, just saying this has been the pattern.

The reality is, other than a thorough audit/investigation of the finances, the plans for manufacturing, the plans around completion (e.g. software, etc.), can the viability and likelihood of the machines being produced be ascertained. If john would allow knowledgeable people to do that and report back, that would be of value and meaning to buyers and vendors -- however, I think we all have a pretty good sense of what that audit would show. Only via legal action will that happen, and that will likely end up in bankruptcy proceeding.

There is a very big difference between Kevin and John. Kevin committed fraud, he took in money under false pretenses claiming to have a license he he did not have. John has not committed fraud, I do not believe there is any evidence that he deliberately deceived anyone, he is just incompetent as a businessman, and like most small businesses he is likely to fail and go bankrupt.

Reality is those who have pre-paid, were investing in John and his vision, whether they saw it that way or not. Whether they recognized it or not, they were taking on the risk in expectation of being rewarded with a machine that would be limited and therefore have value and hopefully live up to expectations. Few if any did the due diligence to determine if John could pull this off, they were excited by the vision, by the possibilities.

I'm not saying the buyers have no right to be mad, and they certainly have the right to demand what they paid for, but I don't see this as fraud, and anyone who invested thinking this was a guarantee was fooling themselves.

I think the vendors and contractors who have been screwed, have a greater gripe, although they too had a responsibility to assess the viability of the business and their likelihood to get paid. In my business it is pretty rare that we ship product without first being paid. We do let some customers do invoicing/terms, but only after we have vetted them. If we choose to do that we recognize we are taking a risk. If someone does not pay, we do what we must to try to get payment.

Of course the other big difference between Kevin and John, is Kevin did actually produce a working prototype that was displayed and played in public.

I do not mean to diminish in any way what John has done or the fact that buyers and vendors have legitimate gripes, or to say they have not been screwed, they have. I hope that all vendors get paid and all buyers get their machines, but obviously that is looking less likely with each passing day.

#8573 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I agree, but you just know if things go south those semi-completed prototypes are going to disappear first.

Then we'd get to see both civil AND criminal law in action.

#8574 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

From my experience with Predator I would advise EVERYONE that has money on this project to show up at John's studio and take your money or equivalent in parts ASAP.
I have been loosely following along and this seems to be going a similar path. Get your money (or equivalent in parts) now, while you still have a shot at something.
Good luck to all, maybe they wil make a special jail cell somewhere to hold scam artist pinball designers.

Since you are driving to MI, and have experience with Predator, why not visit Kevin and get our money back? I think you have lost your focus.

#8575 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Send me info ice and I will go as your representative.

Since you're going to be on the road anyway, can you also drive up to Midland and punch Kevin Kulek in her throat too. Thnx BB!

#8576 4 years ago

rosh > goven the multiple projects there is already a good case for larceny by conversion (i.e. using RAZA funds to work on MG).

If someone wants me to stop by as their rep, jon let's me in, and he answers questions, then I will report to the person that I am representing with what I see, what he says, and my general opinion on the matter. It may not be anything ground breaking but it will be more than you have now.

I am guessing the odds of John even letting me in are slim, but I am happy to try.

After having a large sum of money stolen from me by SkitB, I am happy to help at least be eyes since I am somewhat local. If John does not let me in, then that alone is telling. I am happy to sign whatever NDA he requires so long as I can report back to the person I am representing.

#8577 4 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Since you are driving to MI, and have experience with Predator, why not visit Kevin and get our money back? I think you have lost your focus.

There are other actions in the works for Kevin, but I like where your head is at.

#8578 4 years ago

From the sidelines, I certainly feel bad for StevenP. I don't know if he is being fooled or what, but I get this horrible feeling JPop is using him to buy more time, because JPop has convinced himself that the whole thing can be salvaged if he just had more time.

I do believe JPop wants to "make it right", but I also believe that StevenP is helping to perpetuate the notion that this can all be saved, even if he believes it can be.

If you have money in this and you think it can still be saved, more power to you, but I wouldn't personally be staying in on this.

#8579 4 years ago

So StevenP is in the process today. As we speak, editing a letter from John with a major update on everything

#8580 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

John has not committed fraud, I do not believe there is any evidence that he deliberately deceived anyone

He claimed he had deals with people to produce the product that he never had in place. He didn't sign Ben Heck, sold the machines and re-themed them after taking the money. He does not give refunds despite producing (theoretically) a different product than the customer paid for.

A fraud case could easily be pursued.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

From the sidelines, I certainly feel bad for StevenP.

Kevin had the same thing going on, where fans just wanted to be close to pinball designers, and they got manipulated and turned into unwitting shills. They are a huge part of keeping the charade going long after legal action should have been filed.

#8581 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

rosh > goven the multiple projects there is already a good case for larceny by conversion (i.e. using RAZA funds to work on MG).

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think that applies. This is not a case of John taking property or funds and making it his own. This is business taking in funds and using it to operate the business. If this was a case where money was in an account, like at true investment account, and he then took and used for his own purposes, that would then fall into this. If he rented equipment and then sold it, that would also fall into this. It may also apply if he bought items from vendors, that he did not pay for, and then sold them.

#8582 4 years ago

The reason he showed the ramp picture because it's the final piece. Boardsets and everything else in place for a fully flipping complete MG pin without big code obviously

Of course, it might have nice to explain that

#8583 4 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Just wondering if John Popadiuk has paid you yet. I want to to keep bringing this up until John Popadiuk pays you. Apparently John Popadiuk has enough money to pay for making ramps, but you are not worth paying even though your boards are what run the games.

Thank you for bringing it up.

Unfortunately, no, GLM has not been paid, nor has there been any communication from Zidware.

And yes, knowing how much that mold costs (I have been involved with a few over the years), it is rather telling that Zidware places things like that above settling debts owed.

As for debts owed, I am glad that Cointaker has spoken out as it was difficult for me to keep silent about it all this time (I could only hint at it).

Just to keep everyone up to date on things, here is the list of unpaid vendors/suppliers (redacted for privacy purposes) that I know about or have been made aware of:

The original programmer
Cointaker
GLM
A Chicago-area specialty pinball parts supplier (NOT Pinball Life...)
Another engineer/board house (not confirmed by me)
Pinball Customs (added)

ZombieYeti ? Not sure what his current status is.

Due to the fractured cell-like operating structure at Zidware, there are likely more vendors/suppliers that are owed money. No way to know unless they speak up.

#8584 4 years ago

Final piece to a prototype.

#8585 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't think that applies. This is not a case of John taking property or funds and making it his own. This is business taking in funds and using it to operate the business. If this was a case where money was in an account, like at true investment account, and he then took and used for his own purposes, that would then fall into this. If he rented equipment and then sold it, that would also fall into this. It may also apply if he bought items from vendors, that he did not pay for, and then sold them.

As a business, pre-order money is not to be used as you please. It is a contract with your buyer to supply a product "as advertised" in a reasonable period of time. Presumably that reasonable period is governed by the production schedule put forth at the time of the order plus about 6 months to a year usually, depending on whoever is arbitrating the case. This happens in condominiums etc. where if the product is not to the advertised standard or not delivered within a reasonable time of the production schedule, the developer must return the "deposit" money and allow you to walk away from your contract.

A preorder is not a "true" investment as you describe, because it does not involve a share of the company. People were not "betting" on John. But as a preorder, it is protected by procurement and property laws designed to protect people from fraud and theft by unscrupulous companies.

#8586 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

He claimed he had deals with people to produce the product that he never had in place. He didn't sign Ben Heck, sold the machines and re-themed them after taking the money. He does not give refunds despite producing (theoretically) a different product than the customer paid for.

Fair enough.
Not sure of the details around what he claimed at the time nor what is in the contract with buyers as far as refunds relative to a "different" product. I tend to think that he was pretty vague on the product. In the case of Ben, if he was selling the game based on his involvement and that changed, at that point he would have needed to refund any money if someone requested it. After some reasonable time if someone did not ask for their money, there were accepting that change in the product. My guess is few decided to bail when Ben left the project.

On the manufacturing side, while that certainly falls into leading folks to believe he had his act together relative to getting the games built, I don't think that is the same legal situation as Predator, where he lacked the legal right to do so. Many businesses make plans that then change, that does not make them illegal/fraud, but I do not know to what degree jpop made statements around the manufacturing side e.g. did he have verbal agreements on getting games made that then fell apart, that would not be fraud, if he had no clue how he would do it and claimed he did, well that would be deception.

#8587 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The lies are endless Tiger.
Jpop set out to take our $$$
Disgusting.

Of those in this thread (407! pinsiders, 8500+ posts !!) who has a dog in the fight?

Some are obvious by the post content, but did not read them all & some ordered more than 1.

Raz, Ice,Tiger .... who else?

#8588 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

A preorder is not a "true" investment as you describe,

I'm not saying it was a "true" investment, but in reality that is what it was given it was a start-up and it was pretty clear that is how he was funding it. I'm also not saying he is not in violation of contracts, he probably is, and that opens him up to legal (civil) issues. What I am saying it is not fraud (e.g. criminal). He did not go into this looking to rip people off.

Everyone who pre-paid can go sue him for breach of contract, that will force bankruptcy since he does not appear to have the assets to cover those liabilities.

Kevin could certainly end up in jail, I don't think the same is true of Jpop.

#8589 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Of those in this thread (407! pinsiders, 8500+ posts !!) who has a dog in the fight?
Some are obvious by the post content, but did not read them all & some ordered more than 1.
Raz, Ice,Tiger .... who else?

As a pinball community we all have a dog in this fight, some more than others for sure.

#8590 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

After some reasonable time if someone did not ask for their money, there were accepting that change in the product.

That's not how it works, if you change the product you are selling you get them to sign an acknowledgement of the changes, or at least e-mail consent so you have documentation.

Quoted from rosh:

I don't think that is the same legal situation as Predator, where he lacked the legal right to do so. Many businesses make plans that then change, that does not make them illegal/fraud, but I do not know to what degree jpop made statements around the manufacturing side e.g. did he have verbal agreements on getting games made that then fell apart, that would not be fraud, if he had no clue how he would do it and claimed he did, well that would be deception

No, it doesn't have to relate to Predator at all to still be considered fraud. But you can compare it to Predator in that this is another case of Pinheads vs. "fraudulent manufacturer X." The situation is unique but Predator taught the community the warning signs and what needs to be done to protect the defrauded customers.

Making plans that change is fine. However the production schedule was never updated, and assurances of a delivery schedule keep getting made based on "agreements" that the vendors claim had no basis in fact whatsoever. That is fraud, because by not realistically updating the production schedule and instead continually claiming delivery is imminent, it denies the legal right of the customer to demand their deposit money back based on non-delivery.

#8591 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Kevin could certainly end up in jail, I don't think the same is true of Jpop.

You can go to prison for a ponzi scheme. I think a prosecutor could prove that's exactly what John has set up.

#8592 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I am friends with Jpop and have tried to pleade with him to give people some sort of better updates, but he seems not to care to inform the owners anymore; which is just not right and at this point in time MAGIC GIRL should be done; I can't believe that he does not have them ramps done for it yet. I wish he would l;isten, but he chooses to just leave teh owners in the dark and leave them not knowing what is going on which is just not right.

Forget the public forum, does John private email any of his "pre-orderers"?

#8593 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Really?

Great advice if you want to get shot in the face.

Even normal people will kill if they or their property are threatened.

#8594 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

That's not how it works,

I totally agree he is breach of contract and I understand your arguments and you raise valid points.

Whether he is legally required to notify regarding changes in the product, would be dictated by the terms of the agreement. If he switched the type of flipper assemblies he is using, would you believe he needs to notify? That is a change in the product.

Wether he is legally required to get signed acceptance of a change would be determined by the legal terms of the contract. Best practice would be to do what you are saying, provide notification and get acceptance and he certainly would need to get acceptance if he changed the terms of the contract -- which I have not seen. I think the bigger issue right now around all of that is the failure to provide refunds assuming the terms in the contract have been violated, which it certainly seems they have.

Regardless, I guess you and I will have to agree to disagree on the definition of Fraud as far as what he has done.

#8595 4 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Just to keep everyone up to date on things, here is the list of unpaid vendors/suppliers (redacted for privacy purposes) that I know about or have been made aware of:
The original programmer
Cointaker
GLM
A Chicago-area specialty pinball parts supplier (NOT Pinball Life...)
Another engineer/board house (not confirmed by me)
ZombieYeti ? Not sure what his current status is.
Due to the fractured cell-like operating structure at Zidware, there are likely more vendors/suppliers that are owed money. No way to know unless they speak up.

*cough* Pinball Customs *cough*

I wonder if the artist is getting paid? From what I've seen on the blogs, he's working his ass off.. poor guy.

#8597 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

You can go to prison for a ponzi scheme.

I don't think this would qualify by definition. He did not go into this with the intent of taking money from later investors to payout to earlier investors (as you pointed out these are not investments).

However, it is hard to believe that his balance sheet at this point can balance. Hard to see how it is possible that he has the sufficient assets/receivables to offset the liabilities/payables that he has taken on by accepting additional pre-pay money.

#8598 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

If you have money in this and you think it can still be saved, more power to you, but I wouldn't personally be staying in on this.

That's easy to say from the sidelines, but Zidware is not issuing refunds. The company apparently has no money, so people are considering a bunch of other options, including the following:

1. "Optimism" - Wait and see, but hope for the best.

2. "Defeatism" - Give up and walk away.

3. "Cheerleading" - Continue enabling the company through comments and actions.

4. "Business as Usual" - Let The Pinball Inventor™ be.

5. "Bargaining" - Pray for a 'Hail Mary' rescue (Stage 3 of the Five Stages of Grief).

6. "Litigation" - File a lawsuit (civil court).

7. "Bankruptcy" - File an involuntary bankruptcy petition (bankruptcy court).

There are other options available, but those are the ones most frequently being discussed in this thread.

#8599 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So StevenP is in the process today. As we speak, editing a letter from John with a major update on everything

Not really too excited for this "update". We're so far down the road now, the behavior so bad for so long, the disrespect, the deceit.

A sanitized letter is better for him than sending out something like he did last month, but at least that diatribe filled in some of the blanks about how he truly sees things and what we're dealing with.

#8600 4 years ago

Just a reminder for everyone, what he sent out April 21, 2015, to balance against whatever we see shortly:

Hello,

I received an email from an owner this morning, “John call to action, a group (person) is gonna’ charge you with fraud and take you down”. He was nice enough to send along, told me to reply “fast”. In respect to the group, which I hold high, I thought I would repost to our blog only here as it is an honest reply at this time, and what appears on the outside is not always what is happening on the inside. Am working hard here everyday despite all the external pressure coming today and this is my best. Am surprised I have not dropped dead. I will keep doing new reports for game progress, new features, more pictures, flipping, etc. And keep on the website.

Again my apologies as I did not get into pinball now to make enemies by any stretch or become a felon, and am posting here so all can read my words sent just a bit ago. Was trying not to do the “mushy” posts anymore but just show real game progress. Jpop

“”””Hi,

Thanks for the email. As I mentioned before I have been battling the “pinside” group for months now (since the DP downfall began in public) and it has done the most damage to my work, apart from anything I have missed or do poorly as a business owner. In many cases people (many not owners) have severley damaged my business, reputation and exploding my customer base with their public statements, rants and “toxic” posts. Also been harrased by phone, computer, email, text or incited by posters online, which is a criminal offence today.

All of this sadly has taken away from pinball making time here, as there are only so many hours in the day ( I do still work 7 x14). i do post what I can to the blog and to people’s email. Still get 100+ per day. Obviously my door is always open, and I have refused only 1 person from a tour here ever.

We do have some “viable” negotiations still ongoing (all documented in emails and legally – not fluff) to partner and/or get more funding to keep the company strong and moving ahead. As the “pinside” wave has helped to cause many of my customers to stop support, except for a few and actually has halted some other investors or big orders coming in for new game sales for open games. I feel pinside and a lot of the posters (many in an NDA – many behind fake names) are all liable in some form. Obviously I cannot discuss openly any deals until it’s news, and choose not to bait people with false hopes. There are a few owners that know “all” and I trust them for feedback. Some I thought i could trust but was used. We recently had to “no-reply” to a awful pinball deal (in works for months and looked promissing) that came our way. My attorney and I were genuinely sad and dissapointed. Some of the discussions are now very amazing and all would benefit, but sadly nothing is fast or signed. Luckily since the beginning of the project we have a long trail of development to refer to as record, and the work is really far along and looks good. Been as open, honest, sincere as I can in this now “crowded” and “competitive” pinball world. But yes I am not done, and I “suck” at being on “internet time” for communication. Not new news, I have been told this and agree. My brain is just wired differently as an artist, and i am no social network maven.

Obviously there is nothing I can do to stop people from going after me legally or pressing charges at any time for anything in America, personally or in business. I have that same right to go after my critics or anyone. But certainly anything big would shutdown all work here immediately, as my time would be needed for legal items I am sure and to protect the work and pinball IP which is substantial. I probably could not afford either to hire lawyers needed. Never been sued or charged in the past “for anything”, lead a quiet (somewhat) peaceful career, so I have no experience at all, other than the attorneys make out fine financially and not all attorneys are to be “trusted” as I have learn firsthand.

Also was told, in person, a group of owners wants to force a close of my business, buy the assets at auction, and then resell or license to a larger group. My response was that if these “Wizards” have a positive deal ready, in writing, to now show the hand, tell the group (under NDA) and not wait. Could be a longterm “win-win”. My goal is to complete these pinball machines and of course listen to all ideas to move it along in a good fashion.

I have copied my advisor on this as well, as a “very good” friend and legal guru since day one. My goal was to make good pinball machines for people, the pinball community that have supported me with kudos and funds my whole career, but it has not been the journey as I thought. But ultimately I understand I am the guy at the top and accountable. I do not have all the “correct” answers today, I am very sorry but still 100% on it as I speak.

John

“”””

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside