(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 491.
#7301 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Wholeheartedly agree. Your work is amazing. Please send a resume in to Stern, JJP and Spooky Pinball and ask for some work.

Agree.

#7302 9 years ago

Very talented Yeti! We will get your art on a machine out there one way or another!

#7303 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Need to just make it a page with this image:

I'll put that up tonight.

#7304 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes, everybody knows.

Are you able to let me know through PM?

#7305 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Haha, I was just messing with you...if you search old threads the numbers aren't secret. I may be off by a few bucks but MG was $16,000 or so, and RAZA was $10,000 or so.

#7306 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Alice was 9865.33 USD

#7307 9 years ago

Cool thanks guys! I remember seeing the $15k price tag on MG, didn't know the other prices.

#7308 9 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

The good news is he's paying attention? Actually I think someone here tipped him off that I posted tbh. But it got results - right?

I like everyone else here want to compliment you on your work, as it is the one thing everyone can definitively say is great about the games (because John won't/can't show much else).

I only caution you about considering what you have right now as "Results". We have seen time after time after time of good-intentioned, invested individuals reaching out to him offering him help, and being very excited about the initial conversations they had. Every. Single. One. followed the same path. Early excitement, participation by John, admission of his errors, agreeing with all their advice, promises to get them the bits of info they need to do their part, a small bit of public communication as a show of good faith. Then stalling, buying time, missing scheduled communications. Then finally complete and total radio silence with no progress being made. And now, coming out and blaming those who tried to help him for all the problems that the project has faced.

Every person who gets through to him has an excellent conversation and reports back that things are looking up, and then they all get burned.

He may be the nicest guy in the world when people are talking to him, but the guy has left a long trail of torched bridges behind him because of his business ethics. Do not settle for his word, because he has rendered it is worthless at this point.

#7309 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I would love it if John was reading this thread secretly. I be he does.

I have heard about numerous people who have gotten quick responses to things only mentioned in this thread. It could be that he has some silent loyalist sitting in this thread, reading all the evidence of his malfeasance, and passing on daily cliff notes of all that goes on here, but it is far more likely that he is keenly aware of this thread and all the valid concerns of his customers, and yet chooses to only address select people about specific issues he feels like answering.

Again, I keep hearing about how nice a guy JPOP is, but I personally cannot imagine what kind of moral compass it takes to take this amount of money from people, blow it this badly, and just ignore them.

#7310 9 years ago

He must really hate Pinside now - we've forced him to pay his artist!

#7311 9 years ago

This must be Jpop's dog..

image.jpgimage.jpg
#7312 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Since he (allegedly) still owes Cointaker for $7000 worth of LEDs (at cost), the only logical thought is that he's flat out of money.... And that's not taking into consideration all of the other people he hasn't paid.

#7313 9 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

The good news is he's paying attention? Actually I think someone here tipped him off that I posted tbh. But it got results - right?

I'd hate to see what it takes for him to make a game and meet a timeline

#7314 9 years ago

Like Gary Stern always says, it takes $1,000,000 to develop a game from start to finish.

#7315 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

When ZYeti says he has actually been paid, then you can all say that Pinside had an effect. Otherwise, this is following the same path that GLM went down...to the letter. Oh, and GLM still hasn't been paid. Going on two years here in a month or so!

#7316 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Like Gary Stern always says, it takes $1,000,000 to develop a game from start to finish.

Right, just to make game #1 in any batch for art, engineering, design, whitewoods, etc... before he orders any parts.

#7317 9 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Thanks man! I do really appreciate all the kind words from everyone here! It's good to know all the work didn't go unnoticed at least. And I'd LOVE to continue doing pinball art - no question there!

It is a wide open field right now. I know that Dirty Donny has been very successful in the last 2 years focusing on the pinball community. He obviously had the inside advantage with Metallica, but the residual effect has been huge. He has sold out his non-pinball art at every single pinball show. He can't create stuff fast enough. If you want to talk to him, send me a PM and I will give you his contact info.

#7318 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Haha, I was just messing with you...if you search old threads the numbers aren't secret. I may be off by a few bucks but MG was $16,000 or so, and RAZA was $10,000 or so.

MG was actually 13k when it first was released. I almost thought about getting in at that point, but I have major problems putting money towards a game i've never seen. Back then, only 13 were to be made.

#7319 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Oh, and GLM still hasn't been paid. Going on two years here in a month or so!

The fact that he stole from you is the reason why every "I still think he is a nice guy over his head" comment is total bullshit. John Popadiuk is a thief. I just wrote out his name because I am sick of using an abbreviation that doesn't connect him with his actions. The thread title should change as well to "John Popadiuk and Zidware" instead of "JPOP" for the same reason.

GLM, please keep posting every week to let us know he hasn't yet paid you. You made the boards that run these games, and you need to get paid for your work. If you've ever run your own business, you know how horrible it is to ship product and not get paid for it. It can literally ruin you overnight.

#7320 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

GLM still hasn't been paid. Going on two years here in a month or so!

Can't you sue?

#7321 9 years ago

Great to see the Yeti man on here! Like everybody else has said, GREAT job on the artwork.

StevenP is a great guy and has done a ton of stuff behind the scenes for John all at no cost. John just flat out won't listen to anybody.

All the accusations and excuses John is making are all brought by him solely due to his lack of communication, not paying his vendors, not responding to his customers and flat out non stop lies regarding timelines.

The thing that bothers me the most is he seems to be crying about the fact that he can't raise any more money from "investors" or "new sales" because of all the negativity that has occurred on Pinside. What does that say? Dude, get YOUR shit together and you wouldn't be in this position!

The jig is up, the shot clock has run out.

John and John alone has ruined himself and his company.

#7322 9 years ago

You just have to view this all through your new set of zidware glasses.

Found exclusively at http://www.zidwareglasses.com

#7323 9 years ago

FWIW,
I was listening to old topcast's a couple of days ago and found out something that I didn't know before regarding Pinball 2000 and John and I instantly thought of this current situation.

It's on the Gomez interview episode at 2hr 10min mark and runs until about 2:21.
It's illuminating if nothing else. Makes his reluctance to share any work a little bit less crazy but it still doesn't excuse the absolute lack of customer service and honesty. Check it out if you have a minute or ten.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I don't think anyone saw this coming but now we all are aware......
Never....ever......ever let a guy who cares more about aesthetics than manufacturing take your money to produce something, no matter how shiny the thing you are being promised is.

Still hoping you guys who were in get something in the end. Cheers and I'm sorry that you all have to deal with this nonsense.

#7324 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You just have to view this all through your new set of zidware glasses.
Found exclusively at http://www.zidwareglasses.com

LOLZ cockblocked jpop!
Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

#7325 9 years ago

As a full disclaimer, this is for my fictional company pronounced Z-Eye'd-Ware. A futuristic glasses manufacturer. Notice our clever use of i in our URL to replace "Eye", as in eye glasses.

Just want to make sure I don't get sued.

#7326 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Great to see the Yeti man on here! Like everybody else has said, GREAT job on the artwork.
StevenP is a great guy and has done a ton of stuff behind the scenes for John all at no cost. John just flat out won't listen to anybody.
All the accusations and excuses John is making are all brought by him solely due to his lack of communication, not paying his vendors, not responding to his customers and flat out non stop lies regarding timelines.
The thing that bothers me the most is he seems to be crying about the fact that he can't raise any more money from "investors" or "new sales" because of all the negativity that has occurred on Pinside. What does that say? Dude, get YOUR shit together and you wouldn't be in this position!
The jig is up, the shot clock has run out.
John and John alone has ruined himself and his company.

I won't disagree with you at all. I do hope for the best - but am preparing for the worst I suppose.
I do want to say that popping in here (or jpopping in? too soon?) has lifted my spirits. I've been working on the pinball stuff for years with no way to show or get real feedback until recently. It makes me smile to hear so many people appreciate the effort I've put into it. It means a LOT! Thanks everyone - you've got a rad community here!

#7327 9 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

It makes me smile to hear so many people appreciate the effort I've put into it. It means a LOT! Thanks everyone - you've got a rad community here!

Your work has basically been the only thing sustaining anyone on this project.

#7328 9 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

It makes me smile to hear so many people appreciate the effort I've put into it. It means a LOT! Thanks everyone - you've got a rad community here!

You rule dude. Even if you're jpop'd, you gotta be nearly guaranteed a contract doing a pin for a real manufacturer.

#7329 9 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I won't disagree with you at all. I do hope for the best - but am preparing for the worst I suppose.
I do want to say that popping in here (or jpopping in? too soon?) has lifted my spirits. I've been working on the pinball stuff for years with no way to show or get real feedback until recently. It makes me smile to hear so many people appreciate the effort I've put into it. It means a LOT! Thanks everyone - you've got a rad community here!

If you have the time, you should hang out and start posting in some other threads too.

I share everyone's sentiment that your art is really great.

#7330 9 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Yeah, I hadn't considered the "other" side effect of vaporware pins is that all that time and effort you put in, for years now, and never any feedback from the real world.

I'm not sure if there's an easy way to find the info, but ANY time the art has shown up here it's always been really well received.

#7331 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

We recently had to “no-reply” to a awful pinball deal (in works for months and looked promissing) that came our way.

I wonder if this is the Jersey Jack visit that was just a week or 2 ago? Would love to know more about what all transpired there.

#7332 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No kidding. This thread is the problem, not that he's never shown a prototype after 4+ years, that has nothing to do with it.

#7333 9 years ago

Story problem:

If it takes a team of 20 guys 1 year to produce a game at Stern, how long would it take 3 guys to do the same job?

#7334 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Story problem:
If it takes a team of 20 guys 1 year to produce a game at Stern, how long would it take 3 guys to do the same job?

How many projects are those other guys working on?

#7335 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Your work has basically been the only thing sustaining anyone on this project.

Aurich-

Dude. Introduce Yeti to Andrew Heighway for future games!

#7336 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Aurich-
Dude. Introduce Yeti to Andrew Heighway for future games!

I'm not saying it will happen, but I've already exchanged thoughts on the matter with both parties. See where things go.

He'd also be an awesome fit for a future Spooky title, you never know.

Great artist, loves pinball, and my personal fav, he's an Ars Technica fan. If I can help him get onto a pin that goes into production I will.

#7337 9 years ago

Here is the funny thing. As many people that would line up for a Jpop pin ( before the fiasco), having seen Yetis work I think double or triple would be running to the pin company that made a game with his art. And yes just for the art!

#7338 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Here is the funny thing. As many people that would line up for a Jpop pin ( before the fiasco), having seen Yetis work I think double or triple would be running to the pin company that made a game with his art. And yes just for the art!

I love his art but I'm not sure I would buy a pin on that alone. Additionally, I do think JPop has some talent of his own as an art director so some credit due there. But lastly, Zombie Yeti's skills would probably best shine on an unthemed pin (since studios are so picky about their IP) and this would really test what the market is for unthemed pins.

#7339 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

One million dollars IF you already have a fully functioning pinball manufacturing company. At least 3 times that if you don't.

#7340 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You're implying John has 2 other guys helping him. Or are you counting John twice since he works the equivalent hours of 2 people?

#7341 9 years ago
Quoted from D1P:

One million dollars IF you already have a fully functioning pinball manufacturing company. At least 3 times that if you don'.

YOLO!

#7342 9 years ago
Quoted from D1P:

One million dollars IF you already have a fully functioning pinball manufacturing company. At least 3 times that if you don'.

It depends what you bring to the table I think. I look at Gerry and his company Multimorphic. They do not have 3 million dollars invested to date. They do not have a dime of pre-order money right now. They've developed something incredible, new, and unique (whether you're a fan of P3 or not) and they've done it all on their own dime. It is possible. Those taking millions of dollars and "failing" are not excused.

#7343 9 years ago

Indeed. YOLO!

#7344 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He'd also be an awesome fit for a future Spooky title, you never know.

That would be pretty sweet if Ben and the crew over at Spooky built their next pin with Yeti art work and absolutely fed Jpop and Vaporware a big old serving of "Eat Sh!t"

**IMAGES REMOVED BY MODS**

I know this post is pretty harsh but it's pretty much how all of Pinside is feeling towards John and his gong show right now.

QSS

#7345 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

It depends what you bring to the table I think. I look at Gerry and his company Multimorphic. They do not have 3 million dollars invested to date. They do not have a dime of pre-order money right now. They've developed something incredible, new, and unique (whether you're a fan of P3 or not) and they've done it all on their own dime. It is possible. Those taking millions of dollars and "failing" are not excused.

Sure, but production has not started. I'm 100% in Gerry's corner but the expensive part, production, has not yet started. This not only requires parts, but space and workers (lots of other things that cost money as well).

Spooky did it about as proficiently as possible and by the time they finish only 150 games how much money will they have went through? Now, take a typical run of 1000 or so of a Stern game; what would that cost from the ground up? I dare someone try it for under 3 million. Sounds like a lot of money, but it goes fast.

#7346 9 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

That would be pretty sweet if Ben and the crew over at Spooky built their next pin with Yeti art work and absolutely fed Jpop and Vaporware a big old serving of "Eat Sh!t"

That mean Spooky would have 2 ex-JPOP employees. Heh.

#7347 9 years ago
Quoted from D1P:

Sure, but production has not started. I'm 100% in Gerry's corner but the expensive part, production, has not yet started.

I hear ya, but JPop somehow managed to blow through upwards of 1 million dollars without ever even showing a working whitewood! Gerry has shown a fully working (nearly complete?) P3 prototype without taking pre-order money. He also creatively advertised for investors which will easily allow him to build the first several games to be for sale. The point is he has intentionally tried to find a way to create a successful pinball business without risking hundreds of pinhead's money and hurting the hobby. This is beyond admirable IMO. I look at JPop (who I am a fan of) and I'm bothered by his ego being the contributing factor that caused him to fail and (completely opposite of Gerry) doing serious damage to the hobby in the process. Night and day.

#7348 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The thing that bothers me the most is he seems to be crying about the fact that he can't raise any more money from "investors" or "new sales" because of all the negativity that has occurred on Pinside. What does that say? .

58686648.jpg58686648.jpg
#7349 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I would love it if John was reading this thread secretly. I be he does.

Maybe that is why he hasn't made any progress lately and is blaming the Pinside community? He keeps going to do some work but then refreshes this thread and another 5 new posts appear so he has to read about the train wreck he created.

#7350 8 years ago

Zombie Yeti's art is absolutely amazing. I wish he was doing the art for Alien. Aurich's AC/DC backglass is nice, but this guy is in another league.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.