(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 491.
#6501 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

No more designing in a vacuum, all by yourself. Embrace the team and RAD methodologies. Solicit feedback from the community/customer.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-needs-new-pinball-people

#6502 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

An actual thing, but the writers would need to be warned not to be caught up in a separate batch of BS.

I'm can look into it. I don't have any plans to be by the SF Wired office where the editorial is run any time soon, but I can send some emails. Shouldn't be hard to see if someone is covering it.

#6503 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm can look into it. I don't have any plans to be by the SF Wired office where the editorial is run any time soon, but I can send some emails. Shouldn't be hard to see if someone is covering it.

Ugh. I set this up. And it's for Wired.com, not the magazine. But like I said, it was set up months ago and I haven't been able to confirm anything since everything hinges on a playable game. So please don't start sending Wired emails. Any questions you have you can ask me.

#6504 9 years ago

ZidwarePR = the hardest job in pinball...

#6505 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

ZidwarePR = the hardest job in pinball...

More like ZidwarePR = Oxymoron.

#6506 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

Ugh.
<snip>
everything hinges on a playable game.

Any questions you have you can ask me.

Since you are speaking for John, when will there be playable machines and when will they be shipping?

How is the code coming along?

Why isn't John refunding buyers that want out since he's 2 years late?

#6507 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Since you are speaking for John, when will there be playable machines and when will they be shipping?
How is the code coming along?
Why isn't John refunding buyers since he's 2 years late?

I don't speak for John or know anything more than the rest of you. I've asked when a playable game will be ready but have not heard a confirmation of when.

As I've said to John, 99% of the PR he needs comes in the form of a playable pin. The game will market itself. And after a playable pin, a true plan for production. But you guys all know that.

#6508 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

Ugh. I set this up. And it's for Wired.com, not the magazine. But like I said, it was set up months ago and I haven't been able to confirm anything since everything hinges on a playable game. So please don't start sending Wired emails. Any questions you have you can ask me.

I don't know who you are, nor do I care to be honest since I assume your account is a joke. So I'll pass, thanks!

#6509 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Why isn't John refunding buyers that want out since he's 2 years late?

#6510 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know who you are, nor do I care to be honest since I assume your account is a joke. So I'll pass, thanks!

No need to be hostile. I set up the Wired.com story with their games editor. They plan on sending a reporter out to Zidware to play the pin. Play, not look at. That's the key.

#6511 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

No need to be hostile. I set up the Wired.com story with their games editor. They plan on sending a reporter out to Zidware to play the pin. Play, not look at. That's the key.

Well, didn't they send someone this weekend and that's why John didn't go to MGC?

#6512 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

ZidwarePR, I'm going to send you a PM in a couple minutes. You are new to this site and claim to be associated with a controversial project. I think it would be best for all of us in this thread if I or another Moderator somehow validate you before you post further...should not take long.

#6513 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6514 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, didn't they send someone this weekend and that's why John didn't go to MGC?

No. Nobody from Wired went this weekend. I can 100% confirm that. What John is saying is this: the Wired exclusive grants them the right to be the first to play. So they can reveal it. John is saying he didn't bring it to MGC because then the Wired exclusive would be off.

But again, I've asked if a playable machine is done and haven't heard back. All I can do is relay what I know.

#6515 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

All I can do is relay what I know.

This, too, shill pass.

#6516 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

Anyone want to see the marketing ideas that were put together for these pins?

Yes, please! I would love to see some of the concepts.

#6517 9 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

Yes, please! I would love to see some of the concepts.

I won't be sharing anything, yet. I just had to jump in here and get people to not email Wired. I really have nothing else to say you guys don't already know. I hope the pins come out one day. Peace.

#6518 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

I won't be sharing anything, yet. I just had to jump in here and get people to not email Wired. I really have nothing else to say you guys don't already know. I hope the pins come out one day. Peace.

Really poor form on that one.

#6519 9 years ago

Really poor form on that one.

PM me and I'll share a little. But again, these were ideas suggested, nothing bought off on.

#6520 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

Tell John people are getting impatient with his stall tactics, if he had a playable game I assume he would be showing it by now.

Does John know what the Lebowski Effect is? He invented the phrase after all.

#6521 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

PM me and I'll share a little. But again, these were ideas suggested, nothing bought off on.

No, share it here. You already trolled your offer previously…

Quoted from ZidwarePR:Want to see the marketing plan?
… and again to me today. I am not sure you have a firm grasp of the concept of public relations.

#6522 9 years ago

#6523 9 years ago

This account is Kaneda - ZidwarePR. Duplicate account. Not a rep of Zidware. Ignore him. Ban will be issued on both this and his other account when I get to my cpu.

#6524 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This account is Kaneda. Duplicate account. Not a rep of Zidware. Ignore him. Ban will be issued on both this and his other account when I get to my cpu.

Thanks for the detective work and saving us more wasted time and energy.

#6525 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This account is Kaneda - ZidwarePR. Duplicate account. Not a rep of Zidware. Ignore him. Ban will be issued on both this and his other account when I get to my cpu.

Oh my gosh! Will this be a perma-ban?

#6526 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

John did not show up to MGC. He was going to, but backed out last minute claiming it was conflicting with a reveal with WIRED magazine.

Can someone confirm this WIRED reference. This is the first time it appeared in this thread.

#6527 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can someone confirm this WIRED reference. This is the first time it appeared in this thread.

Also, as asshat-ish as this may sound, is it possible that Kaneda did do some type of work to get the Wired thing set-up?

#6528 9 years ago

Wired is a pretty cool magazine, it's one of the magazines I grab for plane trips.

#6529 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thank God!

It is way past time that Kaneda be permanently banned from Pinside!!

This is a great day

#6530 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I dunno if John's excuse was legit, but I can confirm that Wired's gaming editor is indeed contemplating a story. I just talked with him briefly, we'll touch base more next week. Wasn't the most brilliant move in the world to brag about Wired in a thread with someone who works for Condé Nast.

Then again, we all knew who ZidwarePR was already right?

If anyone has any interest in possibly talking to Wired about their side of the owner/investor story shoot me a PM with your contact info and I can pass it along to the writer. He make just spike the whole thing when he learns more about the truth, or he might turn it into something else, no clue, we didn't chat beyond agreeing to talk during the work week.

#6531 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Damn nice work Tiger!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#6532 9 years ago

Also, as asshat-ish as this may sound, is it possible that Kaneda did do some type of work to get the Wired thing set-up?

To be fair to Kaneda who I've instructed not to post further tonight, he says this is true and has some evidence to support it. He also says via pm he has permission direct from Robin to have this second account I have frozen.

I find this hard to believe but if it is true I will certainly apologize to him tomorrow.

Robin is asleep. No need to speculate further on the matter till he wakes up...

#6533 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I dunno if John's excuse was legit, but I can confirm that Wired's gaming editor is indeed contemplating a story. I just talked with him briefly, we'll touch base more next week. Wasn't the most brilliant move in the world to brag about Wired in a thread with someone who works for Condé Nast.
Then again, we all knew who ZidwarePR was already right?
If anyone has any interest in possibly talking to Wired about their side of the owner/investor story shoot me a PM with your contact info and I can pass it along to the writer. He make just spike the whole thing when he learns more about the truth, or he might turn it into something else, no clue, we didn't chat beyond agreeing to talk during the work week.

If there's ANY truth to this Wired article, and that we, the owners (of nothing), have been left spinning in the wind with unanswered questions and concerns, this pinside thread has grown to 6000+ angry posts, multiple owners have TRIED to save this thing, and we're all being side stepped for a massive ego play by some Wired article... just more salt in the wounds.

#6534 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wasn't the most brilliant move in the world to brag about Wired in a thread with someone who works for Condé Nast.

Now this is how to get the message out to Popaduik - torpedo his ego-driven media events.

Everything is about relationships and who you know, and it appears he's burned enough bridges at this point that there's no one left to fool!

#6535 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

To be fair to Kaneda who I've instructed not to post further tonight, he says this is true and has some evidence to support it. He also says via pm he has permission direct from Robin to have this second account I have frozen.
I find this hard to believe but if it is true I will certainly apologize to him tomorrow.
Robin is asleep. No need to speculate further on the matter till he wakes up...

I'd be hugely disappointed if Robin gave Kaneda permission to have a second account.

#6536 9 years ago

Guys, I think he NEEDS the Wired article because it will bring in more preorders which, in turn, will bring in more money - from people who have no idea about Pinside. This could be because he wants to make the games OR it could be just to continue his income stream (so he can continue to invent).

#6537 9 years ago

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...

#6538 9 years ago

Kaneda was previously kicked out of this thread, don't see why any alter-ego should be allowed. And if that stops him from doing his "job", then that reflects on his employer's choice of who he is bringing onto the project.

#6539 9 years ago

I have no doubt that Kaneda has a connection or two at Wired.com. They wrote a cover story about him last year. It wasn't a very flattering portrayal, so Kaneda is probably hoping that someone else besides Emily Dreyfuss will write the JPop story.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinsider-kaneda-featured-in-wired-cover-story

#6540 9 years ago

Once again, kaneda making it about "him". I am challenged to recall coming across someone more narcissistic.

#6541 9 years ago

The entire idea of this WIRED article is really sticking in my craw. Maybe I can print it out and put it on my wall along with my flyer for BEN HECK'S ZOMBIE ADVENTURELAND (that's already there), because that is all I've got to show for my money.

Of all the 5-alarm-fire issues that need to be dealt with, PR and puff pieces are the last thing on that list. And for what? To promote boutique games that no one can buy because the entire run was already successfully crowd funded, but lets forget about those people that paid their money. They aren't providing enough ego stroking lately, just complaining, so forget us.

#6542 9 years ago

Yeah it's insulting if true . No games shown so wired can claim the scoop ??

#6543 9 years ago
Quoted from ZidwarePR:

Would a f%king wizard show his game for the first time at some pinball expo? No way.

Assuming this is all true, this is the thinking behind this? Screw the pinball expo people, screw the peons who paid for it, forget managing a business in crisis, forget repairing his reputation in an EXTREMELY niche market. Some mainstream press is all we need.

#6544 9 years ago

Before it became obvious who the ZidwarePR account really was I just assumed it was a troll. Coming into the thread and asking people if they wanted to see the marketing plan? Really? I was just waiting for someone to bite so he could post a picture of an empty box or something.

#6545 9 years ago

Kaneda and JPop. What a pair!!

#6546 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Assuming this is all true, this is the thinking behind this? Screw the pinball expo people, screw the peons who paid for it, forget managing a business in crisis, forget repairing his reputation in an EXTREMELY niche market. Some mainstream press is all we need.

Doesn't seem too bright. If you are looking for a way to cover refunds, maybe bringing in new customers is alright. But at the expense of further angering existing customers and alienating even more people within the pinball community?

In defense of Kaneda (oh yeah, I'm going there), he claims he put together a number of marketing ideas, and this is one that was "bought" - though Kaneda's input was done as a favor, no compensation. This should trash any reputation I may have, but I believe him.

#6547 9 years ago

Look at the Kaneda posting history in this very thread, you'll never see so many thumbs downs, possibly other than other threads he's on.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6?tq&tu=Kaneda

With 20/20 hindsight, looking at the timing and John's announcement of Chris doing PR posted on the blog Winter 2015 update, he might have shown up in this thread after joining team zidware, and that is how he handles things. Another disastrous business decision from jpop, and won't be the last.

We are in such DESPERATE need of some GOOD NEWS with these games.

#6548 9 years ago

Kaneda: please stop sending me PMs. I won't respond.

#6549 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Before it became obvious who the ZidwarePR account really was I just assumed it was a troll. Coming into the thread and asking people if they wanted to see the marketing plan? Really? I was just waiting for someone to bite so he could post a picture of an empty box or something.

I was hoping for something, anything to get a laugh. At least it lightened the mood a bit.

Quoted from RobT:

Kaneda and JPop. What a pair!!

Not sure who is tarnishing who's reputation

#6550 9 years ago

John doesn't need pr. He needs a pm. Wtf does he need pr for. The games are sold for pete's sake. Build the damn games and he will get all the good pr he can handle. Smoke and mirrors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.