(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24,316 posts
  • 915 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 165 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,696 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sucks (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
bdabce9707bfa3eff92d0142c16fcb601c1ef058 (resized).jpeg
Deeproot_attire (resized).jpg
winds (resized).jpg
RAZA (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpeg
2g5x1v (resized).jpg
IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
hansonbrothers01 (resized).jpg
A33B8CA7-AD75-4E38-A815-1767E3A91C7A (resized).jpeg
D826C035-3CEF-4ADA-B80C-E04EE4B8BE8B (resized).jpeg
throwing-tomatoes-gif-1.gif
jpop sitting (resized).jpg
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg
expo (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 487.
#6401 4 years ago

Whatever is going on, we're approaching the 6 month anniversary of "Great Expo Week" and have been living this shit storm ever since.

In those 6 months we've had false announcements for Project Managers, Programmers, the FAST/Mission debacle, and 2 disastrous "reveals" which were hyped up by John's own "Lebowski Effect" phrase and were nothing more than some pictures of playfield art, plastics, and NO WORKING GAMES demoed, until last week when we saw some basic whitewood footage, 4 years into this mess.

Any of us who have been witness to the difficulties EVERY OTHER PINBALL COMPANY has had getting their machines from working prototypes to production know that when we don't even have a prototype to play or show, there is a hell of a long time to go. No matter what good news is now being whispered about.

I think we'll still be DAMN lucky if there is a working prototype shown at Expo '15, in any state comparable to Lebowski last year, and who knows how long it will take after that to get our games, if we get them.

#6402 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Just to add to other's comments, this is precisely the kind of secretive BS that gets folks to feel like they're missing out on something and foolishly risking their money. Please look up the definition of "shill". You are playing the role to a tee.

PS - Also, how about none of you pre-order folks come back on Pinside whining about losing your money and basically asking for the larger community here to feel sorry for you and support you. Being selective in the information you decide to share is BS.

#6403 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Any of us who have been witness to the difficulties EVERY OTHER PINBALL COMPANY has had getting their machines from working prototypes to production know that when we don't even have a prototype to play or show, there is a hell of a long time to go. No matter what good news is now being whispered about.

True dat! However, that said, Full Throttle prototype was at Expo 2014, and now we're getting this:

If you put a team together, work together, and make it a goal to Get Shit Done™ it can happen. Even with designing brand new stuff. New cabinets, new flipper mechs, new hardware, RGB everything, etc.

Obviously I'm all "go team Heighway!" right now, but it's worth seeing that it's not a pipe dream, this stuff can really happen with the right will to succeed.

#6404 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Regardless, I find that you making the first post which was ripping on others and telling folks to be careful of who they follow, and talking big of how you are going after jpop, and then posting something along the lines of "I'm 100% in and don't ask why", as being flippant and disingenuous.
IMO, it would have been better if you just left the thread then make a post like that.

I agree with you. It was an impulse comment I made and I regret posting.
My sincere apology to all and I will try to be more careful in the future.

#6405 4 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

PS - Also, how about none of you pre-order folks come back on Pinside whining about losing your money and basically asking for the larger community here to feel sorry for you and support you. Being selective in the information you decide to share is BS.

Did you just quote yourself??
Take a breath! Your the one "whining" if you don't like it then drain the thread!

#6406 4 years ago

Mr68 seems particularly intoxicated with the exclusivity and "very important pinballer" nature of being involved with the whole Popaduik debacle - so much so he doesn't even want to reveal his big news to other owners, thereby pumping up his own importance - so it's no surprise that he wants to keep everything secret and just for himself.

I think I'll err on the side of Occam's Razor and assume Popaduik is just blowing more smoke up his ass, just like everyone who visits. He's a master of the talking con.

#6407 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm withdrawing my official complaint against Jpop and will excitedly continue on with Magic Girl and RAZA.
I cannot and will not explain further. No private emails please.

Great news. Glad to hear theres a happy ending for all. I'll check back in six months for the unboxing photos.

#6408 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

so much so he doesn't even want to reveal his big news to other owners,

Owners group has been informed and I have already apologized for that comment.

Quoted from Mr68:

I agree with you. It was an impulse comment I made and I regret posting.
My sincere apology to all and I will try to be more careful in the future.

#6409 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm withdrawing my official complaint against Jpop and will excitedly continue on with Magic Girl and RAZA.
I cannot and will not explain further. No private emails please.

Dude, go back to your "private" FB forum and be the ringleader hero. I could care less!

I have zero interest in anything "private" anymore but good luck. I seriously don't know what your problem is other than the fact that I withdrew from that group. It's stupid.

It's my opinion that entire pinball community ought to know what's going on. As for John, I've already written the whole thing off now. I'm just going back to being the amused bystander now.

Carry on

#6410 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

For what purpose, why is Iceman doing this? Because Jpop cut him off and his ego is hurt. He’s acting immature and this is nothing but spite.

That's a joke, the only one with some kind of ego is you!

What's there to "brag about", we have lost our money and John is ignoring and lying to us. That's pathetic.

And wtf are you talking about, I never phoned John "intoxicated", he's the one that said he's going to start drinking as a result of all this.

That's BS, you better get your story straight before you start spewing a bunch crap.

Btw, you haven't accomplished a thing.

#6411 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm just going back to being the amused bystander now.

He's got your money...so you can't be a bystander. You're in it and have the right to talk about it!

#6412 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I missed that, if Ice was intoxicated, that's not cool. But I'm not sure if I believe that to be the case. Maybe I'm wrong or some part of the story is being told by John in a way that deflects blame from himself which is his MO.

Excuse me, but he doesn't know WTF he's talking about. If his buddy John is telling him that it's just an excuse. John returning any other calls?

That's uncalled for Kim, just because you are on some kind of ego trip yourself and butt hurt because I left the "private owners group", you don't need to be making up slanderous BS about me.

There are plenty of times when I have "drunk posted" here and I own up to my actions. With respect to John you need to slow your roll on something you know nothing about.

I didn't yell at John or anything of the sort, just offered my help in the nicest and most direct way I possibly could, so _________.

#6413 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He's got your money...so you can't be a bystander. You're in it and have the right to talk about it!

There's a new rule Greg, you have to clear everything through Kim first.

I don't give a rat's ass about what Kim or anybody else has to say, the person I want to hear from is John, period.

#6414 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There's a new rule Greg, you have to clear everything through Kim first.

Jpop is tearing us all apart!!!!!!

#6415 4 years ago

Btw, speaking of "intoxication", I will be there later tonight

I just arrived at the Master's for the tourney Sat and Sun, gonna have some fun while you guys try and figure out John.

#6416 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just arrived at the Master's for the tourney Sat and Sun, gonna have some fun while you guys try and figure out John.

"The Master's"? Who's the Master!?

You in some kind of cult, Ice!?

#6417 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Mr68 seems particularly intoxicated with the exclusivity and "very important pinballer" nature of being involved with the whole Popaduik debacle - so much so he doesn't even want to reveal his big news to other owners, thereby pumping up his own importance - so it's no surprise that he wants to keep everything secret and just for himself.
I think I'll err on the side of Occam's Razor and assume Popaduik is just blowing more smoke up his ass, just like everyone who visits. He's a master of the talking con.

It's a joke isn't it? Kim has talked to Jack about getting involved in manufacturing the pins and that is the point I left John, he was going to talk to both Gomez and Jack.

So good luck negotiating and getting that deal done. How's that for "news", if it happens that's great.

I'd like to hear the truth from John, something other than the constant lies he's fed everybody.

#6418 4 years ago

Perhaps he confused your Texas drawl for being drunk.

He's Canadian, you know - we don't have none of your funny accents up here.

#6419 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

i think he's just confused...nothing wrong with ice.

#6420 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

JPOPs the master and less and less people are drinking the kool-aid.

#6421 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

eh?

#6422 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Kim has talked to Jack about getting involved in manufacturing the pins and that is the point I left John, he was going to talk to both Gomez and Jack

I'm all for positive news like finding alternate sources to get things built, but first you need something "manufacturerable" in order to manufacture. Also is he going to shrink his studio back to half it's size if he finds someone to build them?

#6423 4 years ago

The bottom line is I offered FREE legal, accounting and financial services to him because I wanted to all see us get our pins.

He evidently decided NOT to accept the offer, that's ok with me, NO is an acceptable answer, would have been nice to communicate that to me regardless of whether I'm a customer or not, but he has chosen not to, did the same thing with FAST and many others.

He's very good at burning bridges.

Oh well, life goes on, time to get "intoxicated"

#6424 4 years ago

I think this thread needs more drama and speculation, especially from people who don't have any financial interest

#6425 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Ok let's assume for a minute that I actually was "intoxicated" when I talked to him, why would I even care about admitting to that, in fact, in hindsight it would have been a good idea to get INTOXICATED before i spent hours on the phone with him.

I feel like it's possible that Kim jumped in there on some ego trip and attempted to cut off my involvement, after all, Kim repeated that "hearsay" right here didn't he? For what purpose Kim?

Why would you want to slander me when you weren't in on the conversations?

What I object to is the idea that being "intoxicated" I was somehow abusive and yelling at him, and while he probably needs a healthy dose of that, I didn't do it.

So now we are left with StevenP, who I like, and Kim, both of whom will do nothing but kiss his ass. Ok, get er done!

#6426 4 years ago

Should have recorded the calls and posted them as evidence that Popaduik is a liar and delusional.

#6427 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Should have recorded the calls and posted them as evidence that Popaduik is a liar and delusional.

jpop has already proven that on his own. Queue the next volley of helpers to get jpop'd

#6428 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What a great owner's experience this has been.

#6429 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What a great owner's experience this has been.

not only that, but this implies that you own something.

IMO all this drama goes away (that is what John should want), all this drama goes away if John would refund anyone who doesn't want to be in on the experience any more.

#6430 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

jpop has already proven that on his own. Queue the next volley of helpers to get jpop'd

There's no need to worry about it now, Kim has withdrawn his complaint with the AG, like that would get us our pins, about as dumb of a thing as you could do in the first place at this point. Talk about lighting a match and burning it down, just stupid.

Problem solved! John's turned over a new leaf.

"Fully functional RAZA games to show in February" and "MG production to start the first week of March".

Please tell me, who was "intoxicated", high or whatever to make those kind of statements. Especially knowing what we know now.

So excuse me if I'm a bit skeptical going forward.

#6431 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

not only that, but this implies that you own something.
IMO all this drama goes away (that is what John should want), all this drama goes away if John would refund anyone who doesn't want to be in on the experience any more.

I requested my refunds, no reply of course. I just don't care anymore, like Frolic said, the "experience" is ruined and a bunch of BS. Thanks John.

I apologize for my early on excitement and the comments I made here publicly and privately to some others that might have helped influence them jumping in a few years ago. That is what I feel the most terrible about with this whole F ed up experience.

#6432 4 years ago

MR 68 sounds like an enabler to JPOP. Get the whole group to ease back, everything is good now which just lets JPOP continue to do what he's doing. Nothing.

#6433 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

0625A_Elead_1.gif
#6434 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I knew it!! Manos!! Hands of Fate!!

Iceman is Torgo! He talks a little funny so that's why JPOP thought he was boozed!!

And JPOP is the Master!!

And that little dog he posted pics of is one of the Hounds from Hell!!

Everything is explained!

rd.

image.jpg

#6436 4 years ago

Now I get why he must have felt I was "intoxicated", he must have thought how stupid or drunk I was to offer to pay for the FAST team to fly to Chicago and stay there with him to figure out if there was a fit. John invited them on their own dime and then declined.

I offered to pay out of my own pocket so he didn't have any excuses. That's when John decided to put the brakes on Kevin and crew. It would have put them to close to the truth.

During all that time I'm getting the detailed truth about the vendor issues.

The funny thing is, I would have spent a lot of my own money to help get this done along with my services, I just needed to see the books. I guess we have Kim to thank for that.

Now I get to put my time and $$$ into a couple of other projects potentially that look promising. It always works out for the best

It's just really tough to watch SkitB part two playing out with John as we speak, while we fight with each other, just like the SkitB fiasco, sad.

#6437 4 years ago

Man, I was just about to post some Tommy Wiseau and you guys beat me to it.

#6438 4 years ago

Once Killer Klowns in Alice's Magic Circus Restaurant is announced I am all in.
Do I get the Klown Kar topper and inflatable shoes bonus items if I can get the cash up before the deadline?

#6439 4 years ago

RD, I'm heading out to throw down several Coronas at the Lodge Hospitality Party. I'll tip one just for you. Actually, sending you that case of beer on the Jpop bet I lost to you is at least one of the few highlights I can look back on when its all said and done.

Btw, the Master's involves people hitting a white ball with a stick thing on what is called a golf course. It's not rugby, so there is no ripping your nutsack apart but its still pretty entertaining.

#6440 4 years ago

Have fun at the Masters, Ice! I'm super envious

I don't know how anyone could ever trust or deal with Jpop again. Only if he makes that Josie and the Pussycats bowling game would I consider an immediate preorder.

#6441 4 years ago

Oh, The Masters! Why didn't you say so...

#6442 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

RD, I'm heading out to throw down several Coronas at the Lodge Hospitality Party. I'll tip one just for you. Actually, sending you that case of beer on the Jpop bet I lost to you is at least one of the few highlights I can look back on when its all said and done.
Btw, the Master's involves people hitting a white ball with a stick thing on what is called a golf course. It's not rugby, so there is no ripping your nutsack apart but its still pretty entertaining.

At least you got rid of those awful Coronas.

If you win the next bet, RD will send Fosters.

#6443 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's just really tough to watch SkitB part two playing out with John as we speak, while we fight with each other, just like the SkitB fiasco, sad.

lets hope not.

#6444 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh, the Masters is huge here too. The amount of coverage the World #110 gets is astounding (a Mr T Woods)

Personally, watching golf is right up there with watching paint dry, but hey, that's me!!

Last time I played golf (about 10-15 years ago) I got so pissed off I threw my golf club into a tree and left it there. Then I went to the bar. Best move ever. Never been back.

rd.

#6445 4 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

At least you got rid of those awful Coronas.
If you win the next bet, RD will send Fosters.

I would never be that mean to anybody.

rd.

#6446 4 years ago
Quoted from Warbleboopie:

I went ahead and emailed my resume, credentials, a nice one-page introduction and additional information to Jpop. I've heard what you all have to say, but I am the best programmer that I know. If Jpop decides to let me work with him on the project, I will drive this to completion I guarantee it.

This is a very nice gesture for everyone involved. If you do it, just make sure that your involvement doesn't incur any liability if things go south.

#6447 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That Jordan Spieth kid is something else. Hook 'em! \m/

#6448 4 years ago

So...what was posted to the owners facebook and why hasn't it leaked here yet? And are any of the other owners so incredibly gullible that whatever the info is it would make them stay the course?

#6449 4 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Personally, watching golf is right up there with watching paint dry, but hey, that's me!!

I used to go to the TPC every year as my company would give everyone free tickets. I hate golf, but it was still fun for the people watching aspect. Lots of trophy wives at those golfing events.

#6450 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

RD, I'm heading out to throw down several Coronas at the Lodge Hospitality Party.

Can you really get drunk drinking Corona? I don't believe it....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chatham, MA
Machine - For Sale
Goodyear, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
There are 24316 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 487.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside