(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 490.
#1 9 years ago

So I've decided to start another thread since I've been "ejected" from another Jpop thread on two of his pins I own because of the total DB's that continue to ruin everything…………

Eject this……..

I'm so excited about RAZA, it looks awesome so far and am thrilled to have Jpop leading the charges here. So I can't wait to see more from Jpop on RAZA and AIW, I think there is still availability left on AIW!

#2 9 years ago

Im in! RAZA here I come!

#3 9 years ago

too many acronyms to keep up with this one!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Im in! RAZA here I come!

Way to go WC! You just get in? Congrats!

#5 9 years ago

Just in today. Hoping not financing magic girl oh wait might be in on that one too! Im screwed (in the head)

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Just in today. Hoping not financing magic girl oh wait might be in on that one too! Im screwed (in the head)

No way, you are good to go, have you been able to access the blog yet? Welcome to the club!

#7 9 years ago

+1 RAZA owner here
John has been on a roll lately & RAZA is shaping up nicely! His KISS Proto is only a small taste of what is coming.

#8 9 years ago

It's weird to have a public update on a NDA but whatever floats your boat.

#9 9 years ago

sent me the site to go through is that what your talking about ice? Pdx are you in on this as well? Still need to pick up one of those jpop pins your holding for me!

#10 9 years ago

either the pacific northwest people are really smart or really stupid!

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It's weird to have a public update on a NDA but whatever floats your boat.

The NDA is way overblown, no proprietary secrets disclosed here. John I think has evolved to a different mentality versus day one of the NDA stuff. I really don't think anybody could copy the genius that he brings to the table anyway. See Kiss proto art………

Any patents applied for can be searched on the USPO site so nothing is really secret and the "competition" just isn't Jpop…….

I'll post some art pics of RAZA on the next update unless John blows a gasket, which I doubt…..

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

sent me the site to go through is that what your talking about ice? Pdx are you in on this as well? Still need to pick up one of those jpop pins your holding for me!

There is a "blog" that has all the updates….need username and password, if you don't have it yet just pm me and I can give you mine to check it out…..

#13 9 years ago

So NDA doesn't mean anything to you?

#14 9 years ago

What is this "DB" you speak of?

Any word when game 1 is to start shipping? I understand he moved into a space to set up a production line not too long ago or is he outsourcing production?

Edit----what are rough estimates on machines being produced per title or is it unknown, I though Magic Girl was only ~20~ machines?

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Come on down
Hey I did get a van today!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There is a "blog" that has all the updates….need username and password, if you don't have it yet just pm me and I can give you mine to check it out…..

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

So NDA doesn't mean anything to you?

Quoted from iceman44:

So I've decided to start another thread since I've been "ejected" from another Jpop thread on two of his pins I own because of the total DB's that continue to ruin everything…………

Think some of the above may have something to do with it? IBTL

#17 9 years ago

Very nice Pdx. I cant help but feel im a bit of the frame work or engine Will you be coming up then to the show? would be great to meet and slide in the back of a truck I'm trying to borrow right now! didnt get the JY from Charlie someone beat it to me but it wasnt high priority anyway. Thanks for the good word though. Are you going to Charlies the friday night?

#18 9 years ago

RAZA1.jpgRAZA1.jpg

RAZA2.jpgRAZA2.jpg RAZA3.jpgRAZA3.jpg
#19 9 years ago

sorry beat me to it . damn over time and wine! just keeps going

#20 9 years ago

Sick artwork

#21 9 years ago

I get the feeling that RAZA is going to have a CV feel to it.

#22 9 years ago

Rob that's some amazing art right there. Its what made me pull the trigger

#23 9 years ago

Zidware pop bumper.pngZidware pop bumper.png

#24 9 years ago

Killer clowns? The girl is hot but let the clowns go.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

RAZA1.jpg 34 KB

RAZA2.jpg 36 KB

RAZA3.jpg 35 KB

Damn, those pics look familiar.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Killer clowns? The girl is hot but let the clowns go.

I disagree.

Heard of Coulrophobia?

Clowns can be some scary shit!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

What is this "DB" you speak of?
Any word when game 1 is to start shipping? I understand he moved into a space to set up a production line not too long ago or is he outsourcing production?
Edit----what are rough estimates on machines being produced per title or is it unknown, I though Magic Girl was only ~20~ machines?

Yes Flanker, you are the pin side DB ratings giver, so I think you know what I speak of!

approx 21 for MG, 125, for RAZA and 133 for AIW….as for "when", I don't know, but i somehow feel better about that than when the remaining Woz LE will ship or the start date of the Hobbit, which I don't really worry about either….

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Damn, those pics look familiar.

WITH ALL DUE CREDIT!

#29 9 years ago

dude killer clowns are not going anywhere, ever since that damn clown under the bed in Poltergeist 1 .... hate em!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

RAZA1.jpg 34 KB

RAZA2.jpg 36 KB

RAZA3.jpg 35 KB

He showed that artwork at the show……so beyond that! I wish I could post the updated you tube videos of all the progress but "sick" is definitely the word for it and then some…...

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes Flanker, you are the pin side DB ratings giver, so I think you know what I speak of!

You may have me confused with someone else. Go Spurs!

Quoted from iceman44:

approx 21 for MG, 125, for RAZA and 133 for AIW….as for "when", I don't know, but i somehow feel better about that than when the remaining Woz LE will ship or the start date of the Hobbit, which I don't really worry about either….

Nice, cant wait to play a finished machine of any of these, Hell I cant wait to see some pics of early production machines.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You may have me confused with someone else. Go Spurs!

Nice, cant wait to play a finished machine of any of these, Hell I cant wait to see some pics of early production machines.

I pm'ed you that OKC would tie it up last night! Arghhhhh, Spurs are mentally F ed up now, they think they have to play a "perfect" game to beat OKC now with Ibaka……my Spurs fan brothers just can't believe that the clock is ticking on Duncan and Ginobili, how old did they look the last two?

Epic game coming tomorrow! Should be the best game of the playoffs…..

#33 9 years ago

rareheros thumbs down button is stuck again can someone help?

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

rareheros thumbs down button is stuck again can someone help?

It's Greg, he can't help himself, what does anybody expect, sorry Greg, but the mod whining won't do any good this time, hehe…..

Now, back to the Jpop update thread and forgetting obvious trolls….

#35 9 years ago

hmmm no thumbs down for that one.......running to fridge for pinball cozy refill !

#36 9 years ago

f-in cool!

#37 9 years ago

Iceman -

Congrats on your purchases! I wish I could afford to be in on any of his games. I talk to John a lot, and he's super nice. Some of my most prized items int he game room came from him. I think he is a brilliant designer, and he himself will tell you that you can have the best design, but if the software isn't there, it will not be good.

I also feel that he never lost the "art" of pinball. His games are stunning, and I expect nothing less from these.

Congrats on being in the loop! I wish I were able to see the things that the buyers get to see.

Chris

#38 9 years ago

Received an offer to get in on RAZA, but frankly would have to have more info...actually at least see the pics and updates on the Blog to get an idea if it really is moving beyond concept drawings and a few parts..
Also if there would actually be production of Magic Girl... right now the whole Jpop productions still feels like an announcement/concept only... and it's now been over 2 years?
But do love his ideas and artwork... and of course his history...
Just would be afraid of ever getting my money back/an actual machine at this point...

#39 9 years ago

you need to write this money off and still feel somewhat comfortable, otherwise probably just not worth the aggravation. If he does come through I have a feeling it could be the smartest move you make! help you?

#40 9 years ago

I made my first payment(on BHZA) of $2k? $2500? I can't remember except that right after I made the payment, he announced that the first payment deadline was pushed back, so my payment was not needed yet. Should I check the status or are we still in a holding pattern? I figured I would get contacted if they needed more money or anything, but you never know. I have not been on the blog in over a year.

#41 9 years ago

what game do you speak of?

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I made my first payment(on BHZA) of $2k? $2500? I can't remember except that right after I made the payment, he announced that the first payment deadline was pushed back, so my payment was not needed yet. Should I check the status or are we still in a holding pattern? I figured I would get contacted if they needed more money or anything, but you never know. I have not been on the blog in over a year.

I think most are in way more than $2500 at this point... I would check with John.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

and he himself will tall you that you can have the best design, but if the software isn't there, it will not be good.

That's the biggest concern, will the rules be great, the artwork and creativity is a given, integrating that Lcd is gonna be a bear on top of that so we will see if he can make a beautiful machine a great player.

It's definitely way beyond "concept drawings and a few parts" but it does have quite a ways to go, I would say by the end of this summer we will be looking at a 95% complete prototype in terms of art, cab, layout, and actual finalized pin, then it will be who knows when on the software build out.

#44 9 years ago

BTW Jpop asked us not to get on pinside or RGP and show his work.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

#47 9 years ago

For the record - The photos that Rob T posted were also posted by John on Facebook, so I don't think there was any foul there really.

I think the NDA (although I could be TOTALLY wrong) is more for playfield layout, design, toys, etc.

I think if John posts them himself, they are already cleared for release.

Chris

#48 9 years ago

If the pics were posted publicly before, then they are just being reposted in this thread. This would be like me posting pics from his expo talk that had magic girl art in it.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

If he posts pictures of his work on any internet forum and asks people not to share it with people that get excited by new pinball, that's like a teenaged girl sexting a naked picture to her boyfriend and telling him never to show it to anybody.

Ain't gonna happen.

#50 9 years ago

The pics of the backbox art were taken by me at MGC. They were on the table all weekend at a paid event. Fair game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.