IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #66 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by frolic (6 years ago)

Post #335 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by zombieyeti (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It worked out very well for American Pinball. All they had to do was build a bunch of insanely expensive, unplayable pinballs. Go back to the drawing board and completely redesign another game he designed. And finally completely disassociate with him.
What could possibly go wrong?

And drop a crapton of money in the process. Joe Balcer has been there to save the day for JPoop a NUMBER of times apparently. I'm betting Houdini was the last time.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So did a little digging around based on the names shown on their website.
Robert Mueller's linked in page shows he started as a lawyer in 2001. Then started Deeproot funds in 2013 (which is some sort of administration manager for brokers and investors). Deeproot Tech LLC is an offshoot company started in 2015 (would be just before American Pinball debuted)
So then if you lookup Turner logic (software), it's not a person but rather a company that does various web programming:
http://turnerlogic.com/portfolio/
It's also confirmed because they mention deeproot on their page.

Then this may very well be a tax writeoff situation. They may never intend to product a game

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If the ingredients are crap, and the recipe sucks and the chef is incompetent, does not matter how good the kitchen is, you are not going end up with something you want to consume.

THIS is MY favorite post of the year!

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

JPOP failed us first, though.

We have to vote with our wallets in this case

#101 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

...which everyone says every time, then a pre-order starts up, and everyone goes bananas, and the cycle starts all over again. Sigh.

Touché!

#109 6 years ago

Good; then they'll know what they're dealing with

#123 6 years ago

I'm tellin' ya, it's a tax dodge

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

You might be onto something... If you're looking to throw large amounts of cash away, there's no more efficient way than investing in John Popadiuk business ventures.

I'm dead serious. The main investor is a lawyer, boatloads of money I'm sure; you can't throw it all into a SEP IRA. (maybe the guy's never heard of a Rabbi's trust) - the way they set up that ramshackle website and the "dial 3 for pinball" is just ridiculous.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

After thinking it over I have to now root for deep root the company to succeed..
as long as they flood the market with real working MG and thus ensure that MG can be had for well below any hyped up value.
Anyone got that lost podcast episode I would love to hear that rant!!

Maybe they could get the game to actually work!

#327 6 years ago

So is the current thinking that RAZA and AIW (and maybe the next round of MG) will be $8000 zizzles? Yeah that's going to go over well..

1 week later
#478 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

So how about someone beginning a new thread with this Gottlieb theme in mind. I've read in other threads where moderators have warned people to stay on topic in the past.
Look, I have a vested interest in the Jpop situation and I think Stargate is a peice of shit. I hated repeatedly hearing "Shoot the Pyramid", "Shoot the Pyramid" over and over again. I hated it almost as much as checking back into this thread each time it pops up.
Hey wait. Did I just join in?

LOL!!!

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Realistically, this makes sense.
Even in this hobby / industry, where people seem to be given innumerable second chances despite being proven grossly incompetent, dishonest, fraudsters, or a combination thereof, it's difficult to fathom that at this stage someone honest and well-intentioned, with any familiarity with pinball, would come in and either hire JPop or do something with the Zidware mess.
Not after American Pinball getting so publicly and embarassingly burned just last year.
A quasi-legal insurance enterprise that appears to rely on confidence tricks and gross ignorance of buyers seems like a depressingly predictable background and way of doing business for a party or parties getting involved.
Hopefully the pinball community will not ignore all the warning signs this time.

It's got to be a tax dodge, mark my words. What will they do if enough people actually preorder?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-resurfaces?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.