IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #66 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by frolic (6 years ago)

Post #335 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by zombieyeti (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin2d.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sorry, this is the most non-answer, non commital 'exclusive' out there.

Oh come on, there has to be a worse one out there SOMEWHERE! It's a big internet!

I was happy with it considering we basically didn't have any info from Deeproot previously. Of course I wish he could've/would've shared even more info.

For the tl;dr crowd, to sum up:

- Deeproot plans to make Zidware customers whole
- Robert: "Jpop is someone that needs to be managed"
- Deeproot does not plan to take any pre-order money or deposits for their machines
- Deeproot may change the title or tweak the layout of John's already designed games
- Robert believes he can build machines in a different and better way than other manufacturers are doing currently
- The machines they build will be more focused on "families" rather than hardcore pinheads
- Deeproot hopes to make a public announcement in the coming weeks, then go dark for a long time until everything is ready

They have a long and daunting road ahead to pull this off.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ahhhh! I haven't heard that. I was just going by the interview with the CEO.

FWIW - we talked about the possibility of more Magic Girls, but I didn't feel his response was "concrete" enough to include in the article. Speculating, I would be surprised if more MG machines were not in the plan.

Quoted from John_I:

It just amazes me that people are willing to take on hundreds of thousands of debt to work with this snake oil salesman when 99% of everything cool in the Zidware IP was created by Zombie Yeti.
F Jpop. Go out and find a starving artist who can create a mock-up of a machine with eye popping cabinet and backglass art and a few LCD screens and go from there with a no name designer.

Zombie Yeti is my favorite pinball artist and deserves a ton of credit for MG, it is a true work of art. He also deserves what Jpop owes him of course. I know JPop is a toxic name on this forum and with good reason, and I get that saying F*** JPop goes over well here but I'm not sure what it accomplishes. I believe there is a combination of reasons why Deeproot may have hired John - again just speculating, but he has several games already partly or mostly designed, and it sounds like John is still very enthusiastic about pinball in spite of his past mistakes and the well-deserved backlash. I also don't believe the folks that are upset with JPop's hiring are the target market for Deeproot if that makes sense, it sounds like they're looking to pull in the casual pinball fans. Robert is very enthusiastic and it sounds like has the means to move forward with this, it will be interesting to see if they can turn something positive out of the negative created by Zidware.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pin2d.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-resurfaces?tu=pin2d and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.