IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #66 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by frolic (6 years ago)

Post #335 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by zombieyeti (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 6 years ago

Manufactured fake collectible is producing an unlimited number of machines but have 75 of them with different body armor and a different translite. Give it a fancy name like, Super Limited Edition, charge $15,000 and have people perform circus tricks to get on the waiting list.

I can't wait for the vault edition of that bad boy.

#204 6 years ago

Everybody on Pinside says they want the victims taken care of and yet they also chant Jpop should never work in the industry that he is trained and experienced in. An industry where he has his greatest earning potential.
John owes me a RAZA machine or equivalent and I don't see that happening with him raking yard leafs.

As long as Jpop is a salaried employee, working in a controlled, supervised environment, it all makes sense to me.

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So question for you. Would you rather be refunded in whole, or get a half assed machine like MG turned out to be?

Refund plus interest and attorneys fees. Period.

I might have a different answer if your question was: Refund or fully working, improved and complete machine.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hopefully you at least recovered some of your RAZA money with the sale of MG. If not, that sucks.

I did. But that doesn't release John Popaduik from his obligation to us nor the years of aggravation he has put all of us through.

#211 6 years ago

I totally get the mindset of John wearing a paper hat with fryer grease in his hair and stinking of potatoes. I have those emotions also but I'm too pragmatic to believe that is ever going to happen or even if its the best way.

I want this over, with restitution for all and then I intend to go about my life as I'm sure he will also.
This is just the reality of life and revenge fantasy's don't spend at the grocery store.

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If anyone has the deleted podcast K-man put up a couple nights ago please shoot me a PM.

I also would like in on the missing podcast. This one is so good he deleted it.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i am on Pinside. i have never said this. statement: false.

who gives a shit about his earning potential? he is a crook and a thief. it's pathetic that people want to feign compassion in the name of their own self interest.

ah now it makes sense. as long as you get yours you don't care what some awful criminal douchbag gets away with.

Has anyone ever told you, you're mad when you're cute?

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You want to start a pinball company? Bless you and good luck, but build your own talent, don't try and rest on the laurels of the past, what's the point?

You might want to ask that question to Chicago Gaming and Planetary Pinball.

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

Stern has Keith Elwin now to develop some machines. Could be some interesting results.

Agreed, could be very interesting. And he is learning, working alongside and under the supervision of Steve Ritchie and George Gomez.
Thats how its done folks and a new great designer could emerge.

#309 6 years ago

I'd rather Zombie Yeti get paid what he is owed.

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You do realize that 99.9999% of the planet doesn't give two craps about Pinball

heathens, all of them

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I hope they do make more games so myself and zombie yeti can get the games that we were promised as part of being in at the start and compensated for the lack of paid invoices.. I won't be holding my breath though.

I don't think a lot of people realize how hard you worked and how much you are rightfully owed. Other vendors also, two of them friends of mine. But your work, equal in scope or greater to the artwork, was more behind the scenes and therefore overshadowed. Zombie Yeti is the face of all unpaid vendors when spoken of on Pinside. Everyone needs to be compensated fully in this fiasco and then some.

#354 6 years ago

Hopefully the artist at Heighway Pinball will get paid too.

#401 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

FYI, selling "Life Settlements" is not what one would consider "mainstream". Very suspect but draw your own conclusions. Google LIFE PARTNERS and read about the fiasco with that publicly traded company.
I've had a few clients come to me after the fact that were part of the Life Settlements class action suit and are just now getting a % of monies returned as people DIE! The sooner they die the more profitable the "investment" is. Can you imagine that, its a game betting on when people will die, with huge commissions to the sales person and littered with fraudulent practices.
San Antonio Business Journal article
"A San Antonio-based investment company that's offered five different securities without attracting investors since 2013 has hit on one, having raised a few million dollars for a fund that bets on life insurance, records on file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission show.
Deeproot Capital Management LLC raised nearly $2.4 million in equity among 19 investors — it had offered $25 million — for its deeproot Growth Runs Deep Fund LLC, records show.
San Antonio-based Deeproot Growth Runs Deep Fund LLC is an investment fund that raised nearly $2.4M among several investors recently.
Enlarge
San Antonio-based Deeproot Growth Runs Deep Fund LLC is an investment fund that raised… more
DENPHUMI
Deeproot is led by Robert Mueller, a local attorney and past corporate sponsor of the now-defunct San Antonio Scorpion's soccer team. The company's chief investment officer is Aaron Flores, a former securities trader at USAA Investment Management Co. and Citigroup. Van Gunnell and G. Russell Hagan are other executives affiliated with the local investment firm.
The company declined to comment for this story.
An initial filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission described the deeproot Growth Runs Deep Fund as a portfolio primarily consisting of life settlements, or sales to third parties of existing life insurance contracts held on insurers who are at least 70 years old. The local company buys contracts from various insurance companies for less than the net death benefits and doesn't include those who are terminally ill.
It's one type of investment that doesn't track the stock market.
"This approach is appealing in today’s market. It insulates investors from the external manipulations of the stock and bond markets," the company wrote in an SEC filing. "It minimizes interest rate fluctuations. It allows a predictable return without risk of loss for liquidity."
The portfolio also includes trust deeds, or financial deals between business owners and private investors that are secured by collateral but occur outside the banking sector.
It appears the major change between the company's prior funds and this one is that it didn't rely on direct marketing to investors and instead offered a finder's fee to other financial advisers.
The fund, which has been open about a year, paid finder's fees of $208,025 split among four firms: INF Solutions in Houston; Financial Horizon Concepts in Spring, Texas; PGH Advisors in Arizona; and Michael Cales, through FSB and Associates Inc., in Florida.
It's also an offering of equity rather than debt.
In 2013, the company launched deeproot STFR Debenture Fund LLC and attempted to sell $50 million in debt with a minimum investment of $100,000, but it hasn't had any takers.
In 2014, the company tried to sell two different funds, all debt offerings with various minimum investments to no avail. In 2015, the company issued deeproot Pinball LLC, which offered $6 million of equity with a minimum investment of $25,000 but hasn't reported raising any money for that either. That same year, the company attempted to sell another equity offering called deeproot 575 fund LLC but didn't attract any investors."

Quoted from iceman44:

On a $2.4 million investment pool, chump change, commissions of $208,025 were paid out. Do the math.
Mind you, let's say one of the people that sold their policy to a Life Settlement group dies within 3 yrs versus say the 7 year life expectancy going into the deal then the "investor" gets paid, makes more profit because less premiums were paid in to fund the death benefit.
Sales guy gets to sell ANOTHER Life Settlement traunch or however they package them to the same "investor", and another commission.
That's why these filings go REG D under the SEC 1933 act. Virtually zero compliance or licensing necessary to sell these instruments other than to what is called an "accredited investor".
The other REG D filings are done to raise money to invest in certain non stock market correlated asset classes. That's the pitch.
Some of up front commission based and others are hedge fund oriented, 2% annual fee AND 20% of the profits. Hedge funds are a dying breed due to the consumer becoming more knowledgeable and the absolute horrendous performance of most.
Some are good and very above board, for example, a recent client came in with an MLP hedge fund, million dollar minimum. Small fund.
Getting its ass kicked because they are oil & gas related for the most part, although August was a good month.
The consumer can simply create the same effect with the XLE and a few pipeline companies like EPD if you want that asset class MUCH cheaper, MUCH more diversified, and MUCH better results.
Like i said, many "investors" are just plain stupid and driven by greed and the promise of huge returns. Easy prey when there is no compliance or regulation.

This is extremely disturbing to me especially when you drill down and understand the details. Here is a link to that SA Business Journal article. https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2016/08/23/local-investment-fund-betting-on-life-insurance.html

Many thanks for your efforts, Doug. This is much more significant to me than Pinside opinions and speculation.
I have serious concerns now.

#426 6 years ago

I hear Deeproot is re-making Street Fighter 2.

#443 6 years ago

Could someone redirect me to the Jpop Resurfaces thread. This thread has become a Gottlieb Rick Roll.
Thanks.

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Can we get back on topic?

I don't usually call for a moderator but, yeah, agreed. My subtle hints in this thread didn't work.

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There really hasn't been much new concerning JPOP in a little while, so until something comes to light, there isn't really a whole lot to talk about without spinning your wheels.

So how about someone beginning a new thread with this Gottlieb theme in mind. I've read in other threads where moderators have warned people to stay on topic in the past.

Look, I have a vested interest in the Jpop situation and I think Stargate is a piece of shit. I hated repeatedly hearing "Shoot the Pyramid", "Shoot the Pyramid" over and over again. I hated it almost as much as checking back into this thread each time it pops up.

Hey wait. Did I just join in?

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

did you know if you hold the flipper buttons in when you start a game, those voice calls lessen greatly?

not-my-cup-of-tea (resized).jpgnot-my-cup-of-tea (resized).jpg

#493 6 years ago

Stargate is a good game. I was simply on a rant about people going way off topic in this "JPOP thread" and I used poetic license to make my point. My apologies to all fans of Stargate.

...jeeze

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

UPDATE
I spoke to Deeproot legal counsel today, Gunn, Lee and Cave. I've known Ted Lee since my early days in the 80's at Ernst & Young.
The fact that these guys are representing Robert is a really big deal in my mind from a credibility standpoint.
They are and have been IP experts for a LONG time.
I was initially very positive about the prospects of people having another opportunity to get what John promised us. After all, as crappy as it was he delivered on MG.
I posted an article referencing the article in the San Antonio Business Journal as a point of reference for everybody to review and make up their own minds regarding "Life Settlements" and that part of the article.
I pointed out the issues that Life Partners, a publicly traded company, had with fraudulently deceiving investors, etc. I went back and re read the disclosure statement and while its NOT something I'd ever promote, in no way, it does NOT equate to the fraud that was committed by Life Partners.
It's a VERY complicated alternative asset class and one that carry's a ton of negative baggage with it. Based on my reading and the explanation by the attorney there is NO comparison with the asset class itself, and certainly not on the intent to defraud and deceive as in the Life Partners case.
Like i said, i have clients that have gotten hurt financially in that case and it raised a red flag when i saw the term "Life Settlements" in the article.
Deeproot appears to offer an ALTERNATIVE ASSET CLASS INVESTMENT option and love for pinball. That is why I was intrigued initially due our similar backgrounds and coincidental affinity for pinball.
I misinterpreted the statement that Robert couldn't meet with me right now as they were in a money raise phase and didn't want to disclose "accredited investor details"
Thus, my comment re SEC Reg D filings and money raise disclosures.
As it turns out, the plaintiffs in the lawsuit against John, as also previously reported, are in negotiation to work out a settlement.
Since none of this had been made public, all in private, what was going to happen to the remaining Jpop victims?
It appears that the "workout" is going to be made public sometime in the near future.
Litigation guys have more at stake and thus should get something more for fighting the fight and the REST of the $$$ buyers will be offered up something as well.
As i tell my clients, 100% of nothing is nothing.
At this point, it appears that Deeproot has the funding and certainly competent representation to make an attempt at this effort.
I chimed in pissed off at the back room deal settled with the original plaintiffs and nothing for the rest of us. That won't fly and that isn't their intention anyhow.
At the end of the day, I retract and don't want to paint Robert and crew in any sort of analogy with "Life Partners" and fraud, I don't believe it at all. It's NOT something i would endorse or participate in but it appears the story wasn't accurately represented in the San Antonio Business Journal.
In addition, Robert really hasn't had a chance to come in here and defend himself and disclose exactly what the plan is, due to confidential settlement negotiations with the plaintiffs.
As stated earlier, IF Deeproot can actually deliver on what they say they can then we all win. If not, then its just another failed pinball venture.
I think we can all hope that it all works out after the pain and misery for years! Everybody, no matter how it all transpired deserves a chance at redemption, again.
Either way, it will be fun to watch play out! I support Robert and his efforts and hopefully he can do what others haven't been able to accomplish with John.

Plaintiffs are also bound by confidentiality in situations like this. But if Deeproot truly has deep pockets as you say, they will need to make a substantial offer beyond the "good intentions" spoken to you, a third party. Blue sky sounds great from a powerful law firm but the proof will be in the offering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-resurfaces?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.