IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #66 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by frolic (6 years ago)

Post #335 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by zombieyeti (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Wow, how does this keep happening. All I can say is; hopefully this doesn't hurt more people and in some way helps those that are already owed machines or money. I'm not holding my breath.

#299 6 years ago

At this point I'm going hope for the best with Deep Roots Pinball. Hopefully they can make good on their promises. I think nearly everyone can agree that what they have promised would be a good thing. So, if we think like Littlefinger and "assume the worst", what is the worst that can happen? I honestly don't think there is any chance our community would allow a company like this to pre-sell, so the worst I can assume is that this is a stall tactic where JPOP is trying to show he's still working, thus reducing the likelihood that a court would rule against him. Am I missing something else?

game-of-thrones-littlefinger (resized).jpggame-of-thrones-littlefinger (resized).jpg

Quoted from Aurich:

Keith Elwin being at Stern is the most exciting thing out of that shop in a while, and he didn't even finish his first game! But the proto for Archer had great ideas, and with some resources behind it I hope we get to see it in a final game.

I agree, I'd love to see the Archer layout on a machine.

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I have been asked to sign over all copyrights free and clear as if I was fully compensated.

Do you feel compfortable sharing who asked you this and when it was asked? It wouldnt surprise me if it were JPOP. If it was someone else at Deep Roots then that's enough for me to loose all hope for any positive resolution. So far we've had about a paragraph of a statement from them. This would clearly contradict that statement.

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't understand why this is making everybody so upset. I mean, doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Honestly, I was originally thinking it contradicted what they had said. I assumed that they would take care of vendors and customers, but in actuality this was the quote: "Robert indicated that Deeproot is aware that in order to work with JPop, they would have to take care of “each and every” Zidware customer. Robert assured that this “comes first” and is the first priority. No specifics were discussed, however, they plan to have multiple options to make sure Zidware customers are made whole." I now feel that this statement, combined with the request to Yeti, shows that even if they have an understanding of the full issues surrounding John, Deeproot has already started trying to find ways to avoid making things right for everyone. This shows their true character. If they are willing to do this to Yeti, it's just a matter of time before they pull this with the next person.

Quoted from zombieyeti:

OK allow me to clarify that the contract was from John and his lawyer but it was given to me from Robert at Deproot.

Thank you. That's all I really need to know. It's clear in that case John was acting as an employee of Deeproot.

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People shouldn't take it personally this is how business works.

I hope you're wrong. In my view pinball is such a niche market that you can't succeed without having a group of loyal supporters. Take Spooky for example, they sure seem to be making money and making friends.

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sure they are nice guys but Spooky is a business too, and they've made some decisions that haven't exactly enamored some of their customers who I personally know.

By definition, decisions require making a choice. Not everyone is going to be happy with every choice that is made...that's fine. You seem to be trying to lump everyone together as equally awful. Which, at least to me, is an attempt to justify John's actions. I find that ludicrous. There is so much good in this hobby, yet we constantly are driven into the drama created by the 5%. My only interest in Deeproot at this point is to try to avoid someone else from getting hurt.

PS: Spooky has more loyal supporters in Benton, WI then John has loyal supporters in the entire pinball industry.

#409 6 years ago

Here is my one sentence summary...

John's willingness to "make it right" always seems to come at the expense of others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-resurfaces?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.