IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #66 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by frolic (6 years ago)

Post #335 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by zombieyeti (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

This is a shocking development as I'm quite familiar with deep root and their attempts to work with Jpop years ago.

#11 6 years ago

I wonder how much of this will mirror the American Pinball deal and how those magic girls got built except this time it's RAZA.

#66 6 years ago

this was posted in the big jpop thread back in the day. It's a headscratcher after all this that they are working with jpop again.

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 1.19.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-14 at 1.19.09 PM (resized).png

#75 6 years ago

Those zidware games were looked at MANY, MANY times by industry people. There's a reason they ALL chose to walk away. AP was the latest to think they could get into pinball with them, and then THEY walked away as well, with well deserved egg on their face and it took some time to get over it.

Can't believe the jpop reality distortion field still works on anyone.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It was one thing for AP to pay for the twenty-five (25) or so MG they made allegedly in exchange for a design. It's a whole other thing to pay for two hundred and fifty (250) machines to be made... That is $2,000,000 worth of machines assuming an $8,000 cost per machine to build.

RAZA is around 120 machines owing, but many have balances owing on them. For example, I had paid $6500, so $3500 to collect if I were to get a machine.

There would still be a huge deficit to cover, and its debatable whether a pinball design is worth anything close to that. AP obviously found it better to shit can everything and start from scratch with a new designer.

#146 6 years ago

Just this, as seen on

http://deeproottech.com/

They put his name there. They've posted in this thread before. So they are completely aware of his reputation and radioactivity as well as knowing what it means to be involved with him.

My suggestion to the deeproot people is get ahead of this and explain what is going on. If you didn't want the attention, his name could have been left of, but you put it there.

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

But that doesn't release John Popaduik from his obligation to us nor the years of aggravation he has put all of us through.

Personally why I'd love to see him raking leaves or working at Subway making sandwiches. Just an ounce of humbleness and humility.

Edit: on second thought, I know in his mind he'd be thinking we're the assholes that made him rake leaves and stole his career away. because that is how he thinks.

#239 6 years ago

I don't understand how deeproot put jpop's name on their website, are fully aware of his baggage, but then don't want to talk about it when it finally went nuclear on them.

Now they're going to get months or more of one sided hysteria. Great way to launch a business. No zidware pinball design is worth this. American Pinball realized this and it took, what, a year to finally distance themselves from the jpop taint.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

This Week in Pinball: JPop is Back - A Conversation with Deeproot Pinball
http://thisweekinpinball.com/twip-john-popadiuk-back-conversation-deeproot-pinball-exclusive/

Thanks, that is the best source of info from deeproot we've seen yet.

Still lots to be explained and revealed, but if taking care of zidware customers is part of their business plan maybe there is a way out of this for them.

But.... we've heard this song before.

#338 6 years ago

Not paying Yeti or Applejuice for their prior work does not leave much to get excited about how this will go in the future. Same shit, different day (or in this never-ending story, different year).

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let's be real - the NIB scene in pinball is at the edge of a cliff...there's no room for ANOTHER set of wannabe Pin Biz Players.

100% correct. No room for all the current players, there will be some more spectacular failures.

1 week later
#497 6 years ago

Thanks for the update, Ice.

Quoted from iceman44:

Deeproot appears to offer an ALTERNATIVE ASSET CLASS INVESTMENT option and love for pinball. That is why I was intrigued initially due our similar backgrounds and coincidental affinity for pinball.

This is pretty mindblowing. Pinball as an investment vehicle. I think we've learned over the last few years just what a terrible business it is to start. So many ways to eat money, so many ways to lose your shirt, and how much upside could there possibly be?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frolic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-resurfaces?tu=frolic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.