IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #66 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by frolic (6 years ago)

Post #335 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by zombieyeti (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 6 years ago

Anyone who would ever give money to this scumbag or anyone associated with him deserves that deep root right up their chocolate starfish.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I can even see Magic Girl being reproduced AND fully functional. I would have to believe it would make the 1st 25 hand built machines that more collectible.

I think that would make those 25 more obvious garbage than they already are.

Just another reminder that "fake collectibility" is fake.

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I get the feeling behind this (some idiot paid $20k for a non-playable machine?!?), and I don't mean to get philosophical, but how do you separate "collectability" from "fake collectability"?

My thoughts are generally something like this. Collectible pinball machines were initially collectible due to time, circumstance, company branding, and reputation. BBB for instance, was never created to be rare...it became rare due to Capcom making protos and then closing shop. New "rare" pins are rare by design - and it doesn't mean they're good...they exist to take advantage of people who want something manufactured to be rare vs. hunting an interesting collectible.

In the case of MG, I don't see it in the same league as BBB, King Kong, etc ...relics that come from companies/factories ...games that were really never meant to be seen by the public but are playable and fun like a real release. I see MG for what it is: a broken and cynical box of parts representing a con man's arrogant attempt to be a player.

Jpop hype is pretty much dead - and only very few people will ever consider MG to be worth anything. They may change hands a few times amongst those few - but after that, there are no buyers. It will always be a non-game that represents anger and arrogance....unlike the other rare/valuable protos that represent pinball at its best.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think we were better off when the only thing in pinball that really sucked was stuff like CSI.

I'd play CSI all day long before I ever touched a GB, GOT, or SW ever again. Things WERE better off when CSI was a new game!!!

#381 6 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

So I have to say, at this point, if they are to be made, they won't be made with my blessing or my art... I have been asked to sign over all copyrights free and clear as if I was fully compensated. I simply refuse. I'm not a dick, but an insult does trigger some dick like behavior (calling the lawyer, posting here about this, just to name a few...)

So, we're already starting to see the true colors of Deep Poop. Step #1: Align with the most toxic piece of vomit in pinball. Step #2: Try to get free art that doesn't belong to them.

Well, this is all going GREAT so far!

Let's be real - the NIB scene in pinball is at the edge of a cliff...there's no room for ANOTHER set of wannabe Pin Biz Players. We've seen this story before...it doesn't end well.

Yeti - I think it's phenomenal that after all this you still retain ownership of your artwork. SMART. Never give it away for free. These jokers want your art, they can pay up like a LEGIT business would.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-resurfaces?tu=Rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.