IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #66 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by frolic (6 years ago)

Post #335 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by zombieyeti (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 6 years ago

New pinball company: http://deeprootpinball.com/

Part of http://deeproottech.com/

Check out the Team.

#2 6 years ago

this is gonna go over well

#3 6 years ago

How in the hell does this guy get a job with anyone in this industry at this point in time. He has proven on multiple occasions he can't get things done. You have accomplished more as a one man team than this guy has with millions of dollars and the help of others.

#4 6 years ago

Wasn't that a company that was attempting to come in and save the Zidware games before American Pinball came in? They made a handful of posts in 2015

Pinsider deeproot

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6?tq&tu=DEEPROOT

#5 6 years ago

Wow, how does this keep happening. All I can say is; hopefully this doesn't hurt more people and in some way helps those that are already owed machines or money. I'm not holding my breath.

#6 6 years ago

I'M IN! Where do I send my money?

#7 6 years ago

This is a shocking development as I'm quite familiar with deep root and their attempts to work with Jpop years ago.

#8 6 years ago

the first game should be a non licensed game called ripoff.

#9 6 years ago

"Every family needs a Pinball...Every Pinball needs a family."

#10 6 years ago

First exciting game will be...
Ponzi Scheme! Send money now!

#11 6 years ago

I wonder how much of this will mirror the American Pinball deal and how those magic girls got built except this time it's RAZA.

#12 6 years ago

Where can I send my preorder $?

#13 6 years ago

I've often said what the world needs is more pinball companies.

#14 6 years ago

Preorder now!

#15 6 years ago

Oh yeah I like this idea.gifOh yeah I like this idea.gif

#16 6 years ago

Robert Mueller is a renaissance man: Former FBI director, current Special Investigator, & Principal for a pinball company.

#17 6 years ago

I'm curious what the significance is behind the name Deeproot? How did that come about to be the company name(s)?

#18 6 years ago

In all seriousness, how does this guy keep finding jobs in the pinball business? He's like the Whack-a-Mole of the pinball world.

#19 6 years ago

Guess who's back....Shady

#20 6 years ago

Freudian slip. Quite appropriate though, considering JPOP is involved.

#21 6 years ago

like what in the f*$k...

#22 6 years ago

It worked out very well for American Pinball. All they had to do was build a bunch of insanely expensive, unplayable pinballs. Go back to the drawing board and completely redesign another game he designed. And finally completely disassociate with him.

What could possibly go wrong?

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It worked out very well for American Pinball. All they had to do was build a bunch of insanely expensive, unplayable pinballs. Go back to the drawing board and completely redesign another game he designed. And finally completely disassociate with him.
What could possibly go wrong?

And drop a crapton of money in the process. Joe Balcer has been there to save the day for JPoop a NUMBER of times apparently. I'm betting Houdini was the last time.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I'm curious what the significance is behind the name Deeproot?

Bend over, and I'll show ya.

#25 6 years ago

Unbelievable!

Actually, totally believable. The man appears to be completely without shame.

#26 6 years ago

Still trying to avoid prosecution by appearing legit.

#27 6 years ago

Hmm...
Fingers crossed they do better than AP's MG.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Hmm...

It never ceases to amaze how you still show up in these threads...

#29 6 years ago

it (resized).jpgit (resized).jpg

#30 6 years ago

Sweet! Anything that supports the growth of this hobby is a good thing.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

the fist game should be a non licensed game called ripoff.

All recent and future Jpop games are fist games. Jpop buyers should now expect to get fisted on any new game moving forward.

#32 6 years ago

Anyone know how to draft a good NDA?

Non-Deeproot Agreement!

#33 6 years ago

You know he's probably thinking "hey, no matter how bad I f'd it up, I'm not John Trudeau, let's take a shot at this!"

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Bend over, and I'll show ya.

Saucy.

#35 6 years ago

Ripoff artist Jpop doesn't deserve a job with any pinball company. He's done, it's over, the stink will never wash off. If these guys aren't morons they'll fire him now instead of waiting for him to waste a bunch of their time and money and then fire him, after dragging their name through the mud.

#36 6 years ago

So did a little digging around based on the names shown on their website.

Robert Mueller's linked in page shows he started as a lawyer in 2001. Then started Deeproot funds in 2013 (which is some sort of administration manager for brokers and investors). Deeproot Tech LLC is an offshoot company started in 2015 (would be just before American Pinball debuted)

So then if you lookup Turner logic (software), it's not a person but rather a company that does various web programming:
http://turnerlogic.com/portfolio/

It's also confirmed because they mention deeproot on their page.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If the ingredients are crap, and the recipe sucks and the chef is incompetent, does not matter how good the kitchen is, you are not going end up with something you want to consume.

#38 6 years ago

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Freudian slip. Quite appropriate though, considering JPOP is involved.

Up the jpoop shoot multiball

#40 6 years ago

Trudeau and jpop on the same game ?

What would that pin be called?

#41 6 years ago

Lyin'man!

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So did a little digging around based on the names shown on their website.
Robert Mueller's linked in page shows he started as a lawyer in 2001. Then started Deeproot funds in 2013 (which is some sort of administration manager for brokers and investors). Deeproot Tech LLC is an offshoot company started in 2015 (would be just before American Pinball debuted)
So then if you lookup Turner logic (software), it's not a person but rather a company that does various web programming:
http://turnerlogic.com/portfolio/
It's also confirmed because they mention deeproot on their page.

Then this may very well be a tax writeoff situation. They may never intend to product a game

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

mirror the American Pinball deal.

Buckle up.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

hopefully this doesn't hurt more people and in some way helps those that are already owed machines or money. I'm not holding my breath.

#45 6 years ago

This is all I've got...

suckers (resized).jpgsuckers (resized).jpg

#46 6 years ago

Will they be at Expo with their new game ?

LTG : )

#47 6 years ago

This is my favorite Post of the year.

#48 6 years ago

Wait...for just a minute, step back, and look at this.

1st of all Magic Girl is not and never was an A.P. produced machine. Those POS's were hand built by JPop and a few helping hands, that's why no 2 machines were exactly alike.

Deeproot is a contract manufacturer. My guess is after their fallout with JPop 2 years ago, then watching the mass hysteria that was when Magic Girls actually got delivered, they have chosen to dip their big toe in the pool water again. Look, JPop walked into A.P. with Houdini in exchange for M.G. and got them involved. They bought in hook , line, and sinker. However, they did quickly realize what a complete mistake it was , made a 180, allowed Jpop to build his M.G.'s there, and then showed him the door. Houdini today only shares the name that design JPop brought to them. Oh yeah, Houdini goes in production in 2 weeks.

SO, is it possible, once again JPop has walked in with another one of his machine plans that he has had in the bag, gives it to Deeproot in exchange for RAZA and AIW production? Remember, these machines ARE not 100% paid for like MG was. There would be additional units for outright sale. It's possibly lucrative to Deeproot.

Let's not kill this one if it puts machines in they buyers hands who have already paid their money.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Let's not kill this one if it puts machines in they buyers hands who have already paid their money.

Somehow, I don't think any of that pre-order money would count towards any potential new games since they would be technically from a different company.

When a company hires a new employee or contracts with someone, they don't inherit that employee's/contractor's former debts and obligations, no matter how souring it is for people who are owed something from that person.

#50 6 years ago

Anyone who would ever give money to this scumbag or anyone associated with him deserves that deep root right up their chocolate starfish.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-resurfaces?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.