By MarkInc

3 months ago

Stats

• 501 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 months ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 31 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

not-my-cup-of-tea (resized).jpg
I want my money (resized).jpg
Beetroot McKinley (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 1.26.17 PM (resized).png
IMG_1732 (resized).JPG
7b3fc0fe407076b62a83a0dfaa385ee03163000b (resized).png
dT-Logo-Transparent (resized).png
game-of-thrones-littlefinger (resized).jpg
DR logo (resized).png
IMG_0415 (resized).PNG
IMG_6647 (resized).JPG
IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 501 posts in topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 3 months ago

Wait a minute. I thought the MG's were "delivered"....DeepThroat is only for RAZA and AIW, right?

#302 3 months ago

Apparently they are going to make more

#303 3 months ago

I missed it...where did it say that in the interview....

#304 3 months ago

Your buddy Kaneda said it. (At least I'm pretty sure he implied it)

#305 3 months ago

Ahhhh! I haven't heard that. I was just going by the interview with the CEO.

#306 3 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Sounds like he's definitely "butt hurt" as he says, despite denying it.

Butt hurt you say? Maybe that's the inspiration for the logo? Maybe they should have made the butthole red instead of the ass cheeks?

dT-Logo-Transparent (resized).png

#307 3 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Wait a minute. I thought the MG's were "delivered"....DeepThroat is only for RAZA and AIW, right?

Johnny had always planned on doing more MG's had he survived.

Started at 13, then 17, then 25, then 50. He was going to take deposit $$ post expo on an additional 25 BUT then the bottom fell out for him. Just more Ponzi deposits averted.

During the time I was talking to John, around whatever expo that was, the Big Lebowski reveal, John was saying to me that people should understand having to raise the numbers.......

"Because EVERYONE surely knows you can't build 13 pins efficiently at a low enough cost per part, much less 25"

Why wasn't it clear back then? To all of us?

#308 3 months ago

It just amazes me that people are willing to take on hundreds of thousands of debt to work with this snake oil salesman when 99% of everything cool in the Zidware IP was created by Zombie Yeti.

F Jpop. Go out and find a starving artist who can create a mock-up of a machine with eye popping cabinet and backglass art and a few LCD screens and go from there with a no name designer.

#309 3 months ago

I'd rather Zombie Yeti get paid what he is owed.

#310 3 months ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ahhhh! I haven't heard that. I was just going by the interview with the CEO.

FWIW - we talked about the possibility of more Magic Girls, but I didn't feel his response was "concrete" enough to include in the article. Speculating, I would be surprised if more MG machines were not in the plan.

Quoted from John_I:

It just amazes me that people are willing to take on hundreds of thousands of debt to work with this snake oil salesman when 99% of everything cool in the Zidware IP was created by Zombie Yeti.
F Jpop. Go out and find a starving artist who can create a mock-up of a machine with eye popping cabinet and backglass art and a few LCD screens and go from there with a no name designer.

Zombie Yeti is my favorite pinball artist and deserves a ton of credit for MG, it is a true work of art. He also deserves what Jpop owes him of course. I know JPop is a toxic name on this forum and with good reason, and I get that saying F*** JPop goes over well here but I'm not sure what it accomplishes. I believe there is a combination of reasons why Deeproot may have hired John - again just speculating, but he has several games already partly or mostly designed, and it sounds like John is still very enthusiastic about pinball in spite of his past mistakes and the well-deserved backlash. I also don't believe the folks that are upset with JPop's hiring are the target market for Deeproot if that makes sense, it sounds like they're looking to pull in the casual pinball fans. Robert is very enthusiastic and it sounds like has the means to move forward with this, it will be interesting to see if they can turn something positive out of the negative created by Zidware.

#311 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

It just amazes me that people are willing to take on hundreds of thousands of debt to work with this snake oil salesman

Mind blowing, its one thing to do what Bill tried to do, as dumb as that was, and he'd admit it, but NOW, after all the BS and history?

Does it get filed in the "you only live once let's try this shit" category?

That's one of the greatest aspects of our capitalist society. You may not like it, but people are free to blow their $$$ any way legal way they wish to (and illegal if you don't get caught).

#312 3 months ago

Who is the "Official" owner of Zidware at this moment?

#313 3 months ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

That already happened with every title he was credited in design.
In the case of CV, WMS management threatened to remove him from the project permanently early 1997 after the design repeatedly went past design and budget periods. I mentioned some of this in the details in the CV design thread. He always had a support team of other designers and engineers looking over his shoulder.
He was never placed in a vacuum after the initial concepts were completed. Hence, designers unwillingness to work with him directly in the long term after WMS pinball division closed. There also resulted in their refusal to join ZidWare or support his projects. That does not mean they they hated him, as some are still good friends. For the industry, however, he was difficult to work with as a designer.
One of the reasons AP ran into issues early as well, repeating the mistakes of the past.
Another reason why pinball history is relevant to help make good choices both financially and commercially, but dismissed.
DeepRoot is another example now of a group of individuals who think, "We can do it better".
On the Deeproot Pinball website is the following quote: “Every family needs a Pinball…every Pinball needs a family.” The company then describes in a private interview, "Deeproot is planning to manufacture machines “different from anyone else” in a way that will make it easier for more machines to make it into more homes. The machines will be more focused on families than hardcore pinball enthusiasts."
This is an investment opportunity for Mr. Mueller is who not estranged to pinball or its history in any way.
The problem is this group of individuals is now late to the party, and the market has already changed and shifted.
They might have had an opportunity a couple of years ago, when they originally were haggling to bail out the ZidWare fiasco, but chose not to do it.
Reliance on Mr. Popadiuk will be damaging from the standpoint alone of his inabilities to stay FOCUSED on projects.
Those that disagree, I would not recommend making the same habitual mistakes of others that "invested" as consumers such as ZW, HP, DP, AP, or others of the long past.
Being a successful financier and investor, does not give the person the same experience in pinball manufacturing, parts contracting, or specifications.
"Deeproot is in Deep$!@#"
(They just do not fully know it yet, and only reflect knowledge of RECENT pinball history...)

Why do I feel like I need five shots of vodka and a handful of Zoloft every time I read these. Always great to read how stupid 99% of players and collectors are...and apparently folks in the business too.

#314 3 months ago

If you are trying to raise $$ from accredited investors who know nothing about pinball to fund this project, he probably feels he needs a guy with Jpop's background of games to sell it.

Spin the story on how great this company and venture would have been IF ONLY Johnny had someone to manage the "creative genius".

In fact, look at all the dummies/customers that lined up to buy his games originally. Including MG in the aftermarket.

After all, they don't plan to market this to the "hardcore" pinball fan, more for the everyday family with kids at home.

You can see how its going to get spun.

#315 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you are trying to raise $$ from accredited investors who know nothing about pinball to fund this project, he probably feels he needs a guy with Jpop's background of games to sell it.
Spin the story on how great this company and venture would have been IF ONLY Johnny had someone to manage the "creative genius".
In fact, look at all the dummies/customers that lined up to buy his games originally. Including MG in the aftermarket.
After all, they don't plan to market this to the "hardcore" pinball fan, more for the everyday family with kids at home.
You can see how its going to get spun.

Another key would be an investor who doesn't know what Google is (or better yet, the internet).

#316 3 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's one of the greatest aspects of our capitalist society. You may not like it, but people are free to blow their $$$ [other people's money] any legal way they wish to (and illegal if you don't get caught).

fixed it for you

#317 3 months ago

On the Deeproot Pinball website is the following quote: “Every family needs a Pinball…every Pinball needs a family.” The company then describes in a private interview, "Deeproot is planning to manufacture machines “different from anyone else” in a way that will make it easier for more machines to make it into more homes. The machines will be more focused on families than hardcore pinball enthusiasts."

So does that indicate the return of Zizzle like games?

#318 3 months ago

"Deeproot is planning to manufacture machines “different from anyone else” in a way that will make it easier for more machines to make it into more homes. The machines will be more focused on families than hardcore pinball enthusiasts."

i read this as 'more affordable'. And with JPOP on board its beginning to sound like a zizzle reincarnation.

#319 3 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Want to bring in an old school pinball guy to consult and look over things and help you tune your geometry? That sounds smart. But handing things off to someone like Jpop sounds like the opposite.

To add... I think it's far more risky to turn the engineering over to pinball n00bs than it is to turn the game design over to n00bs. Fresh game ideas? Great.. it's not so hard to flush out 'not fun' as you evolve. But engineering? That's the stuff that haunts you for years afterwards... if you don't ruin yourself with endless waste before you ship.

#320 3 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Another key would be an investor who doesn't know what Google is (or better yet, the internet).

Haha yep, I hear you, but you would be surprised at the lack of due diligence people do when it comes to investing.

They will spend more time researching how to save $50 on a tv from Amazon and do nothing when it comes to their life savings.

#321 3 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

To add... I think it's far more risky to turn the engineering over to pinball n00bs than it is to turn the game design over to n00bs. Fresh game ideas? Great.. it's not so hard to flush out 'not fun' as you evolve. But engineering? That's the stuff that haunts you for years afterwards... if you don't ruin yourself with endless waste before you ship.

Facts. And in case anyone wasn't paying attention, Jpop isn't a f_king engineer.

#322 3 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Allow me use a prop to demonstrate Deeproot Pinball's fate, now that JPOP has joined .......

Resurfaced?

7b3fc0fe407076b62a83a0dfaa385ee03163000b (resized).png

#323 89 days ago

Nevermind. Going back to bed.

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#324 89 days ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

fixed it for you

Mods contacted you?
Turns out the mods and the old guys here are not big on memes.....
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/fixed-that-for-you-ftfy

#325 89 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'd rather Zombie Yeti get paid what he is owed.

<sarcasm>What are you smoking? Being paid for work completed with signed contracts in place? Surely not....</sarcasm>

I hope they do make more games so myself and zombie yeti can get the games that we were promised as part of being in at the start and compensated for the lack of paid invoices.. I won't be holding my breath though.

#326 89 days ago

What a joke. Zizzle pins and drop your lawsuit. WHAT A JOKE. Anyone involved with JPOP is most likely attempting a scam. This DEEPROOT has "we are going to deeproot your $$" written all over it.

#327 89 days ago

So is the current thinking that RAZA and AIW (and maybe the next round of MG) will be $8000 zizzles? Yeah that's going to go over well..

#328 89 days ago

Wouldt it be cheaper to refund everyone's money, essentially buying good will with a fixed cost, then to actually finish Raza , aiw with unknown slips and hiccups, ill will etc.. I mean, if you're deep pocketed enough to take this mess over for the 4th time..

#329 89 days ago

If they made everyone whole I'd be very happy for those people. But I would still never buy a single game this company makes as long as JPOP is working for them... never.

#330 89 days ago

People should realize the internet information regarding Deeproot was not "leaked" or a mistake, it was intentional to create sensationalism and interest in the unsubstantiated company in respect to pinball manufacturing. Mr. Mueller is incredibly versed person in that area of expertise as he moves forward with his plans. He fully knew what he was doing.

It worked.

Their concept plan for pinball development has faults, unless they decide to return over $1 Million to former customers.

They only have one of three game prototypes, and the first is an an engineering whitewood nightmare. RAZA was a concept idea with a minimal base whitewood never finished. AIW does not exist at all. The demographic plan for game sales is misplaced, as that part of the market has already been tried, and failed, repeatedly in the past 7 years alone with Stern's "The Pin".

Unlike some, I am fully aware of the company's background as I lived in San Antonio, TX watching Deeproot growth years prior to return to the PNW in other areas of interest. They made $$$$ in just a few years. They are an investment group, not a group of pinball manufacturing experts, nor do they have facilities or parts contractors "on standby". I speak from experience in manufacturing as an engineer for well over 20 years, sales and parts contracting for the same amount of time, nearly three decades of network contacts in the pinball industry, and even building pinball games myself "from the ground up" repeatedly.

I never equate any to this previously noted "99% of the population" crap which precludes some type of personal levity against private individuals, but this is one juncture that people need to stay the $@#! away from because we are repeating pinball history from 2011.
Far from this consideration of making fun of the situation, and actually quite the opposite.

This company (if handled improperly) could actually further damage the market, industry, and consumer's trust.
We already have two companies "on the rocks" with more to come, and pendulum is swinging back again as it always does every 10-15 years. Situations like this just make the pendulum swing faster.

#331 89 days ago

All I know is Jpop will never go away and he's a great source of forum drama so bring it on. Can't wait for the big RAZA and Alice in Wonderland reveals!

#332 89 days ago

People should realize the internet information regarding Deeproot was not "leaked" or a mistake, it was intentional to create sensationalism and interest in the unsubstantiated company in respect to pinball manufacturing.
It worked.

It worked? You do realize that 99.9999% of the planet doesn't give two craps about Pinball, John, Deeproot, or a bunch of dudes that had cash money to burn on a hope that a toy would be built for them. The only sensationalism is amongst a couple of dozen pinball collectors on Internet forums.

Nobody cares.

And if they do make some fun games, people will probably buy them. To add to that, you have zero idea what they have, or what their intentions are. Zero. Why? Because nobody knows.

Of course, we're just a bunch of idiots that know nothing, so it's good to have you here to point that out. Again.

Sucking the fun out of pinball.

#333 89 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

You do realize that 99.9999% of the planet doesn't give two craps about Pinball

heathens, all of them

#334 89 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I hope they do make more games so myself and zombie yeti can get the games that we were promised as part of being in at the start and compensated for the lack of paid invoices.. I won't be holding my breath though.

I don't think a lot of people realize how hard you worked and how much you are rightfully owed. Other vendors also, two of them friends of mine. But your work, equal in scope or greater to the artwork, was more behind the scenes and therefore overshadowed. Zombie Yeti is the face of all unpaid vendors when spoken of on Pinside. Everyone needs to be compensated fully in this fiasco and then some.

#335 89 days ago

Ok - I'll chime in against my better judgement (which never stopped me before, right?)... First - I want to reiterate that I actually wish John the best for the sake of his family and for his pinball legacy....

As such - I think the moniker of 'Zombie' should be given to John/Zidware from this day forward. Just call me 'Yeti' because I'm donating the 'Zombie'

I want to thank everyone who has been supportive of me thru this, the (?) 11th iteration of Zombie Zidware's rererererebirth... seriously, you guys are incredible and it's humbling.

And while I WANT everyone who paid for games to get them, I'll assume that they've written that off or sold their spot to Pinball Podcasters Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named (*rimshot*)...

So I have to say, at this point, if they are to be made, they won't be made with my blessing or my art... I have been asked to sign over all copyrights free and clear as if I was fully compensated. I simply refuse. I'm not a dick, but an insult does trigger some dick like behavior (calling the lawyer, posting here about this, just to name a few...)

And listen -there are millions of talented artists out there that could kill a fresh take on a pinball art package. I'm nothing special - I just work till I don't hate something So I'm sure they can find someone and PAY them accordingly to use the work...

I love the ridiculous nature of this saga - but I am really getting tired of it. I've got better projects to focus my energy on

Yours,
Z̶o̶m̶b̶i̶e̶ Yeti

#336 89 days ago

Yeti, I feel for you and I want you to know how much I love my Ghostbusters because of your artwork.

#337 89 days ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I have been asked to sign over all copyrights free and clear as if I was fully compensated.

Absolutely incredible! You'd think they would at LEAST offer to pay the balance due!

#338 89 days ago

Not paying Yeti or Applejuice for their prior work does not leave much to get excited about how this will go in the future. Same shit, different day (or in this never-ending story, different year).

#339 89 days ago

Yeti, was just thinking about your efforts and wondering whether you'd been paid by new owners and see you haven't. There will be a lot of art revisions needed, and short of your commitment, these will need to be done by another artist, but in your style. That's right Zombie, you have officially become a named artist and now someone else will need to knockoff your design style to make the changes. Guess knowing that must feel good. Hoping you get paid for past and that you return the request for release - ripped up and covered in urine. Great you can pass on this mess and avoid the drama.

Hoping @applejuice gets paid too.

#340 89 days ago

Ice, you are right there. Go investigate.

#341 89 days ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I have been asked to sign over all copyrights free and clear as if I was fully compensated.

Holy shit that takes some nerve to ask you to do that.

Quoted from zombieyeti:

I simply refuse. I'm not a dick

You aren't a dick for refusing to give away your work for free, you are the victim here (among others). They are dicks for even asking you.

#342 89 days ago

Yeah, asking for the art for free when you haven't been compensated... that alone is reason enough to never support deeproot

#343 89 days ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yeah, asking for the art for free when you haven't been compensated... that alone is reason enough to never support deeproot

In the land of JPOP, John probably thinks the art is his and it was his presence and creative ora alone that helped Yeti create such amazing art work!

Back in the real world though we all know Yeti is the talent when it comes to JPOPs jaw dropping creations and without Yeti's presence/artwork on MG, RAZA and AIW no one would have sent in a dime.

#344 89 days ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

I just work till I don't hate something

Ha, I love that. That's how I've always dealt with any of my own personal projects that don't have a deadline. I don't know how you actually do that WITH a deadline.

#345 89 days ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Ok - I'll chime in against my better judgement (which never stopped me before, right?)... First - I want to reiterate that I actually wish John the best for the sake of his family and for his pinball legacy....
As such - I think the moniker of 'Zombie' should be given to John/Zidware from this day forward. Just call me 'Yeti' because I'm donating the 'Zombie'
I want to thank everyone who has been supportive of me thru this, the (?) 11th iteration of Zombie Zidware's rererererebirth... seriously, you guys are incredible and it's humbling.
And while I WANT everyone who paid for games to get them, I'll assume that they've written that off or sold their spot to Pinball Podcasters Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named (*rimshot*)...
So I have to say, at this point, if they are to be made, they won't be made with my blessing or my art... I have been asked to sign over all copyrights free and clear as if I was fully compensated. I simply refuse. I'm not a dick, but an insult does trigger some dick like behavior (calling the lawyer, posting here about this, just to name a few...)
And listen -there are millions of talented artists out there that could kill a fresh take on a pinball art package. I'm nothing special - I just work till I don't hate something So I'm sure they can find someone and PAY them accordingly to use the work...
I love the ridiculous nature of this saga - but I am really getting tired of it. I've got better projects to focus my energy on
Yours,
Z̶o̶m̶b̶i̶e̶ Yeti

Unbelievable they didn't offer to compensate you for your original work. Wouldn't it not be cheaper to just pay you and keep the art? Is that even possible at this point or is yeti saying he won't authorize it no matter what happens?

#346 89 days ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

New KPP. Some interesting info on Deep Root.
Sounds like he's definitely "butt hurt" as he says, despite denying it. Wanted something that's limited and special. Realizing there's a chance it could become unlimited and not so special.
Cant really blame the guy. If you drop $20k plus on something you think is going to be limited... gotta sting a little to come to the realization that you may have paid 3x more for something that's going to have to be "swapped out" as he says for something that anyone might be able to acquire.

Don't feel too bad for the guy. We all know darn well that he bought the game for one reason, and one reason only ... attention.

#347 89 days ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Thinking over this part of your post Yeti, I know months back you said you could do anything with the artwork you had done for MG, RAZA, AIW, does the above now mean things have changed in that regard?

Does it mean you own all the rights to the art you created for the 3 Zidware games? If so have you considered reproducing any of your translite work for MG & RAZA and finishing up AIW translite artwork? Just thinking if you could, I know I would happily send you an order and a cheque over to you, anyway I could help get some of your hard work out there for people to see and send money your way that you more than deserve to already have!

#348 89 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Don't feel too bad for the guy. We all know darn well that he bought the game for one reason, and one reason only ... attention.

Derp

IMG_1732 (resized).JPG

#349 89 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

that's one.. if you search on youtube for "magic girl", it's mostly his videos that show up.
second: he's hoping someone will fix all the issues, making it a more valuable asset (IE investment)

#350 89 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Certainly don't feel "bad" for him.

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 1.26.17 PM (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 209.99
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 229.99
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.25
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 65.00
Texas Pinball
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 71.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 501 posts in topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside