IMG_0415 (resized).PNG
IMG_6647 (resized).JPG
IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
#201 6 years ago

After thinking it over I have to now root for deep root the company to succeed..
as long as they flood the market with real working MG and thus ensure that MG can be had for well below any hyped up value.

Anyone got that lost podcast episode I would love to hear that rant!!

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

After thinking it over I have to now root for deep root the company to succeed..
as long as they flood the market with real working MG and thus ensure that MG can be had for well below any hyped up value.

Maybe they could get the game to actually work!

#203 6 years ago

Rinse, repeat.

We can only hope Deeproot has more settings than we have seen before.

#204 6 years ago

Everybody on Pinside says they want the victims taken care of and yet they also chant Jpop should never work in the industry that he is trained and experienced in. An industry where he has his greatest earning potential.
John owes me a RAZA machine or equivalent and I don't see that happening with him raking yard leafs.

As long as Jpop is a salaried employee, working in a controlled, supervised environment, it all makes sense to me.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Everybody on Pinside says they want the victims taken care of and yet they also chant Jpop should never work in the industry that he is trained and experienced in. An industry where he has his greatest earning potential. John owes me a RAZA machine or equivalent and I don't see that happening with him raking yard leafs.
As long as Jpop is a salaried employee, working in a controlled, supervised environment, it all makes sense to me.

So question for you. Would you rather be refunded in whole, or get a half assed machine like MG turned out to be?

#206 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

So question for you. Would you rather be refunded in whole, or get a half assed machine like MG turned out to be?

Refund plus interest and attorneys fees. Period.

I might have a different answer if your question was: Refund or fully working, improved and complete machine.

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Refund plus interest and attorneys fees. Period.
I might have a different answer if your question was: Refund or fully working, improved and complete machine.

Hopefully you at least recovered some of your RAZA money with the sale of MG. If not, that sucks.

#208 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hopefully you at least recovered some of your RAZA money with the sale of MG. If not, that sucks.

I did. But that doesn't release John Popaduik from his obligation to us nor the years of aggravation he has put all of us through.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

But that doesn't release John Popaduik from his obligation to us nor the years of aggravation he has put all of us through.

Personally why I'd love to see him raking leaves or working at Subway making sandwiches. Just an ounce of humbleness and humility.

Edit: on second thought, I know in his mind he'd be thinking we're the assholes that made him rake leaves and stole his career away. because that is how he thinks.

#210 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I did. But that doesn't release John Popaduik from his obligation to us nor the years of aggravation he has put all of us through.

I completely agree, which is why I'd prefer to not see JPop with a job in this industry at all.

#211 6 years ago

I totally get the mindset of John wearing a paper hat with fryer grease in his hair and stinking of potatoes. I have those emotions also but I'm too pragmatic to believe that is ever going to happen or even if its the best way.

I want this over, with restitution for all and then I intend to go about my life as I'm sure he will also.
This is just the reality of life and revenge fantasy's don't spend at the grocery store.

#212 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I totally get the mindset of John wearing a paper hat with fryer grease in his hair and stinking of potatoes. I have those emotions also but I'm too pragmatic to believe that is ever going to happen or even if its the best way.
I want this over, with restitution for all and then I intend to go about my life as I'm sure he will also. Its just the reality of life and revenge fantasy's don't spend at the grocery store.

Well I think he will someday be a fry cook. Deeproot is his last chance in this industry. If it fails, John will be done.

I hope we get our games and they work, but I'm not betting on that actually happening.

#213 6 years ago

Build it and they will come. If they release a game that looks and plays awesome people will still line up for it.

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Well I think he will someday be a fry cook. Deeproot is his last chance in this industry. If it fails, John will be done.

I think he already used up his last chance.

#215 6 years ago

Jpop is like a cat with nine lives, I don't think this is his last chance, he is like the Energizer Bunny. I thought he would be done after American Pinball but alas he is still going. This guy must have some way with words with people.

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Honest question - not trying to make excuses for jpop. Assuming his goal in joining deep root is to deliver on raza and aiw, how else could he do it? Isn't this what he should have done in the first place - team up with investors and tech people who have the ability to produce his pinball machine (again another big assumption that deep root are capable)? What would be the preferable alternative for those that have their money tied up in this?

Big assumption that he wants to "deliver." Crazy? Just look at the half-working box of lights he delivered to MG owners.

#217 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I want this over, with restitution for all and then I intend to go about my life as I'm sure he will also.
This is just the reality of life and revenge fantasy's don't spend at the grocery store.

I don't care what job he gets as long as it's not pinball.

Don't care how much money he makes either, it could be millions, just not in pinball.

#218 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Usually solves a lot of problems.
Do u have money in on Raza ice?

I do/did

I had $3k of payments in

Then in the heat of everything and my absolute stupidity sent $1500 in on AIW

Really to help John thinking he wasn't the person he ended up being

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Everybody on Pinside says they want the victims taken care of and yet they also chant Jpop should never work in the industry that he is trained and experienced in. An industry where he has his greatest earning potential.
John owes me a RAZA machine or equivalent and I don't see that happening with him raking yard leafs.

At least you came out of it in good shape unloading Magic Turd for big $$$ Kim

I'm happy for u

#220 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

It was an F-Bomb laced (at least 50 of them) epic rant!

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

If anyone has the deleted podcast K-man put up a couple nights ago please shoot me a PM.

I also would like in on the missing podcast. This one is so good he deleted it.

#223 6 years ago

I assume he received a C&D from Deeproot.

That said, I too would love a copy if anyone wishes to PM me

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I assume he received a C&D from Deeproot.
That said, I too would love a copy if anyone wishes to PM me

I can't imagine what the content was that a C&D would stick. As long as he put in a "this is my opinion" disclaimer, it should all be fair game.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I also would like in on the missing podcast. This one is so good he deleted it.

I think he's upset that more Magic girls *might* hit the market... ones that actually work... devaluing his special one. Doesn't exactly say it... but... if you listen to what he's saying, it's probably in the back of his mind.

#226 6 years ago

would love a copy of the mentioned deleted (F-you) podcast

#227 6 years ago

If anyone knows how to share it, pm me and I'll share it. I tried sending a link through my Apple podcast app to a Pinside reprieve. Haven't heard if it worked.

It's basically an f-bomb laced tirade, naming all of the folks in the company and demanding that the pinball community skewer them.

#232 6 years ago

I just finished listening to it.
Fwiw, is soon as I heard this news I reached out to deep root, asked if they would like to come on my podcast, they responded quickly with a not now but maybe in the future answer. So hopefully down the road we can hear their thoughts and see where it all goes.

#233 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I just finished listening to it.
Fwiw, is soon as I heard this news I reached out to deep root, asked if they would like to come on my podcast, they responded quickly with a not now but maybe in the future answer. So hopefully down the road we can hear their thoughts and see where it all goes.

That podcast rant could have been cut in half with nothing lost.

#234 6 years ago

All self interest.

#235 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That podcast rant could have been cut in half with nothing lost.

If you deleted just "f*cks" it would be cut in half.

#236 6 years ago

That's a lot of f bombs-At least he's not afraid to say what he's really thinking on the topic. Have to respect that-Maybe could have worded it just a bit different though

Earmuffs

#237 6 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

That's a lot of f bombs-At least he's not afraid to say what he's really thinking on the topic. Have to respect that-Maybe could have worded it just a bit different though
Earmuffs
» YouTube video

The whole rant is purely based on how much his own MG will be worth if they ever make more.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The whole rant is purely based on how much his own MG will be worth if they ever make more.

But at least he may have a working game in the end if they update the software and mechs on the new ones.

#239 6 years ago

I don't understand how deeproot put jpop's name on their website, are fully aware of his baggage, but then don't want to talk about it when it finally went nuclear on them.

Now they're going to get months or more of one sided hysteria. Great way to launch a business. No zidware pinball design is worth this. American Pinball realized this and it took, what, a year to finally distance themselves from the jpop taint.

#240 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't understand how deeproot put jpop's name on their website, are fully aware of his baggage, but then don't want to talk about it when it finally went nuclear on them.
Now they're going to get months or more of one sided hysteria. Great way to launch a business. No zidware pinball design is worth this. American Pinball realized this and it took, what, a year to finally distance themselves from the jpop taint.

Exactly why I reached out to them. I really do want to hear what they have to say. See what their plans are and give them a chance before we condemn them. So far they have not asked anything from the community, so I will give them a fair shake and see what they are all about.

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

So far they have not asked anything from the community

They appear to be asking for a suspension of disbelief.

#242 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think he's upset that more Magic girls *might* hit the market... ones that actually work... devaluing his special one. Doesn't exactly say it... but... if you listen to what he's saying, it's probably in the back of his mind.

I would agree! I like to listen to him but I think lately he is starting to lose his focus...everything comes down to money he says often...but when he backed out on Dialed In Ce he didn't say it came down to money...he him hauled around about his renovation going on and Demon in the works, and
value wasn't there, only ones that would want it are serious Pat law fans...we all know the value probably won't be there but some just want it cause they can...Then Jpop back on the seen which nobody would be excited about unless your still owed a machine by him which is understandable but he sees his big investment in serious jeopardy and wants to rally the troops to try and protect HIS investment sugar coated with other stuff that most of us agree on about Jpop..
I understand his frustration but he really needs just play them instead of looking at them as mostly an investment because most cases don't work out that way nowadays.. Now he is joking about hanging it up with pinball and just going to a Dodge forum because of this stuff that has been affecting his possibly bad choice of money spent on a soon to possibly be non rare MG..It all comes down to money even for you.. Refocus yourself and keep making great podcasts for the most part! They are expensive toys as you would say, so have fun with them..

#243 6 years ago

The name Deeproot is kind of funny. Root has multiple meanings in Australia and New Zealand: (refer to below)

http://www.slang-dictionary.org/Australian-Slang/Root

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Exactly why I reached out to them. I really do want to hear what they have to say. See what their plans are and give them a chance before we condemn them. So far they have not asked anything from the community, so I will give them a fair shake and see what they are all about.

Here is my fair shake. I don't care what they do or how they do it, if JPOP is involved...I'm out.

#245 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Cognitive Dissonance...

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Here is my fair shake. I don't care what they do or how they do it, if JPOP is involved...I'm out.

I completely agree. I really am interested as to what deep root has to say about all of this. I can't fathom why anyone would get into business with jpop after everything that has happened over the last five years.

#247 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Everybody on Pinside says they want the victims taken care of

i am on Pinside. i have never said this.

Quoted from Mr68:

and yet they also chant Jpop should never work in the industry that he is trained and experienced in. An industry where he has his greatest earning potential.

who gives a crap about his earning potential? he is a crook and a thief. it's pathetic that people want to feign compassion in the name of their own self interest.

Quoted from Mr68:

John owes me a RAZA machine or equivalent

ah now it makes sense. as long as you get yours you don't care what some awful criminal douchbag gets away with.

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i am on Pinside. i have never said this. statement: false.

who gives a shit about his earning potential? he is a crook and a thief. it's pathetic that people want to feign compassion in the name of their own self interest.

ah now it makes sense. as long as you get yours you don't care what some awful criminal douchbag gets away with.

Has anyone ever told you, you're mad when you're cute?

#249 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I agree with this sentiment, but If they released a wicked - must have - JPOP design at a competitive price, I'd bet a lot of folks would change their tune.

#250 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I really am interested as to what deep root has to say about all of this.

^^^^^^^^^^^ ....until then, it's all bullshit...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-resurfaces/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.