IMG_0415 (resized).PNG
IMG_6647 (resized).JPG
IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

...which everyone says every time, then a pre-order starts up, and everyone goes bananas, and the cycle starts all over again. Sigh.

Touché!

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

In all seriousness, how does this guy keep finding jobs in the pinball business? He's like the Whack-a-Mole of the pinball world.

Think of JPOP as a big brown roach - sneaky, fast, scary and a toxic cesspool. Roaches survive, it's what they do.

#103 6 years ago

I found pictures of their board of directors.

IMG_3424 (resized).JPGIMG_3424 (resized).JPG

IMG_3425 (resized).JPGIMG_3425 (resized).JPG

#104 6 years ago

Saving pinball, one company at a time.

DEEP-ROOT-INJECTIONS (resized).jpgDEEP-ROOT-INJECTIONS (resized).jpg

#105 6 years ago

deep root pinball good -

IMG_0410 (resized).JPGIMG_0410 (resized).JPG
IMG_0409 (resized).JPGIMG_0409 (resized).JPG

deeprootpinball we'll see -

deeprootpinball management's decision to hire JPOP, knowing his background and the ensuing fiasco that left a trail of angry customers, vendors, suppliers and designers shows they lack good business acumen. They invited JPOP into their company, knowing how toxic John's touch is and I hope they enjoy the experience. At least deeprootpinball isn't asking for prepayment yet. Let them design and build a pinball machine first as there will be ample time for people to see / play / judge it once it actually exists. Numerous pinball companies that were started this decade took 4 years to develop their first production level machines.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyone who would ever give money to this scumbag or anyone associated with him deserves that deep root right up their chocolate starfish.

Chocolate starfish should be a punk band name.

#107 6 years ago

So, upon reading the news on the first page of this thread I was inclined to suspect that this is merely another one of JPOP's silly little hand-rolled HTML forays and I sincerely doubted that the principals* of Deep Root Pinball even had an idea that JPOP put together this site (*if there actually are any, other than psycho-jpop.)

Now, I'm not so sure inasmuch as presently this is all that comes up, which would seem to indicate that someone may be following this thread:

Deeproot-homepage (resized).jpgDeeproot-homepage (resized).jpg

#108 6 years ago

Nope, still there. Click on "deeproot Tech" and scroll down.

#109 6 years ago

Good; then they'll know what they're dealing with

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Nope, still there. Click on "deeproot Tech" and scroll down.

Oh. duh. My bad. I didn't understand that there was more content, including the 'Team' contained on the linked website. Thanks!

Well FWIW, this material definitely seems to have been published after the whole American Pinball drama came about during and after Expo last year. By that I mean that I see their webpage was under construction in 2016, and that at least as of the end of June this year, their list of team-members only contained five persons, and didn't include JPOP.

So sometime in roughly the last 2.5 months they added him to the roster.

Seriously, WTF?

#111 6 years ago

Is anyone sure this is a actually new or this site been laying around for a year or more and people just now found it..?

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Is anyone sure this is a actually new or this site been laying around for a year or more and people just now found it..?

Read above. It's newish

#113 6 years ago

I have one of those in my living room Jeff. So that's deep root. Oh my prayers have been answered.

Close_Encounters_of_the_Third_Kind_Ultimate_Edition-_t02.mkv_snapshot_01.16.32_2016.06.19_16.38.25-1024x576 (resized).jpgClose_Encounters_of_the_Third_Kind_Ultimate_Edition-_t02.mkv_snapshot_01.16.32_2016.06.19_16.38.25-1024x576 (resized).jpg

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

If they can produce 100% working machines

Quoted from TigerLaw:

It's a whole other thing to pay for two hundred and fifty (250) machines to be made... That is $2,000,000 worth of machines assuming an $8,000 cost per machine to build.

and their factory is where?? zombieland or wonderland??

based on recent startups, new manufacturers are several years from concept to delivering completed machines as it is.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

How many pinball companies are there now? Starting to lose track.

Clearly not enough!!

Remember folks , "competition is good for pinball." For some reason that I've yet to fully understand.

#116 6 years ago

If you dig a little deeper deeproot is part of deeprootfunds, an investment company. Their philosophy-

"We have designed an investment structure never before created."

https://deeprootfunds.com/

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Think of JPOP as a big brown roach - sneaky, fast, scary and a toxic cesspool. Roaches survive, it's what they do.

Popa Roach!

#118 6 years ago

1vvyly (resized).jpg1vvyly (resized).jpg

#119 6 years ago

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
I'm going back to watching Blippi with my son.......

#120 6 years ago

Hmmm, another 'contract manufacturer.'
Maybe Barry and Jaap should get their contact info, ya know ... just in case.

#121 6 years ago

Good grief, this looks so dumb I can't begin to describe how dumb it is..

Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

#122 6 years ago

How to start a new pinball company!

Step 1: Get super excited to bring new pinball to the pinball community!
Step 2: Find a veteran pinball designer who hasn't been snapped up by other pinball companies.
Step 3: Settle on the designer with tons of baggage, liabilities and hordes of angry people who paid hard earned money and got nothing.
Step 4: Decide your company is going to be the company to repair the situation and save the day for the good of pinball! All that good will is going to pay dividends in the long run!
Step 5: Start due diligence.
Step 6: Scramble! Attempt to address the skeptical potential customer base and assure them that you have a "plan."
Step 7: Conclude due diligence.
Step 8: Determine there is no meaningful way to deliver on the promises you set out to deliver on in your "plan."
Step 9: Abort initial plans & sever ties with John.

Pintasia had their run at this. American Pinball is working hard to restart with Balcer. FAST even wasted time (not nearly the amount of time and certainly nowhere near the amount of money that Pintasia and American Pinball surely did) trying to figure out the JPOP mess.

What is the common factor here? Each time? John Popadiuk!

It seems like a business problem. It seems like a project management problem. It seems like a resources problem. These are all things that anyone who has run a business before knows they can work out. But you can't workout John.

...and now we have Deep Root! What step do we think they are on right now?

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#123 6 years ago

I'm tellin' ya, it's a tax dodge

#124 6 years ago

What a stroke.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm tellin' ya, it's a tax dodge

You might be onto something... If you're looking to throw large amounts of cash away, there's no more efficient way than investing in John Popadiuk business ventures.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

You might be onto something... If you're looking to throw large amounts of cash away, there's no more efficient way than investing in John Popadiuk business ventures.

I'm dead serious. The main investor is a lawyer, boatloads of money I'm sure; you can't throw it all into a SEP IRA. (maybe the guy's never heard of a Rabbi's trust) - the way they set up that ramshackle website and the "dial 3 for pinball" is just ridiculous.

#127 6 years ago

You know there's too much froth in the market when a new company pops up every couple of months.

"When the mailman starts giving you stock tips, it's time to get out of the market."

#128 6 years ago

I've reached out to Robert for a meet and greet.

Very interesting and intriguing. I guess they never gave up since the pinball Reg D filing was in 05/2015

His office is right down the road from me

#129 6 years ago

Hard to believe this guy has avoided the legal system.

#130 6 years ago

Serious question...

Go Fund Me or Indiegogo?

#131 6 years ago

I find your lack of faith...disturbing.

#132 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've reached out to Robert for a meet and greet.
Very interesting and intriguing. I guess they never gave up since the pinball Reg D filing was in 05/2015
His office is right down the road from me

I am pretty darn sure you will ask all the questions needed.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I am pretty darn sure you will ask all the questions needed.

Where to even begin. I'm really looking forward to it and I'll report back. I'm guessing he's reading the thread. Sent him an email. Will call the office too.

He has to be a huge pinball fan. Strange putting "deeproot pinball" in the directory of the firm.

#134 6 years ago

How much of the vitriol given towards jpop is really just misplaced anger people have towards themselves for sending that much money to something that didn't even exist to begin with? Like lonely old maids sending money to people in Nigeria they never met because they cling to the hope that there really is a guy somewhere out there for them....
PS...if anyone is still super pissed at jpop and wants to unload their WCS so they can begin the healing process, send me a PM

Added over 7 years ago: insensitive and poor analogy

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

How much of the vitriol given towards jpop is really just misplaced anger people have towards themselves for sending that much money to something that didn't even exist to begin with?

None. I purchased a product and signed a contract. JPop failed to deliver based on the terms.

This isn't a Robert Tilton situation.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've often said what the world needs is more pinball companies.

As long as people are willing to pay a 50% premium for NIB vs used, the obvious money is in NIB.

#137 6 years ago

I am flabbergasted that there are people trying to justify Jpop's continued involvement in the pinball industry !
The guy should be shunned. He's a pariah.

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

How much of the vitriol given towards jpop is really just misplaced anger people have towards themselves for sending that much money to something that didn't even exist to begin with? Like lonely old maids sending money to people in Nigeria they never met because they cling to the hope that there really is a guy somewhere out there for them....
PS...if anyone is still super pissed at jpop and wants to unload their WCS so they can begin the healing process, send me a PM

classy post. I didn't lose anything and his behavior disgusts me. I'm far from the morality police, but the guy took his good reputation and used it to con people out of their money, which should piss any normal person off. Making sarcastic comments and ridiculous analogies must mean you feel differently?

#139 6 years ago

"Sometimes a bad penny just keeps coming back."

Let the company's plans be revealed for the future.

The potential for lack of proper information is so high, it reminds me of Bernie Madoff at this point in pinball history.
No point trying to educate, fuel the campfires, or tip the scales.

People won't always believe certain facts anyway, even when the truth is stranger than fiction in this particular case of reality.

Best of fortune.

bad-penny.jpgbad-penny.jpg

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

As long as people are willing to pay a 50% premium for NIB vs used, the obvious money is in NIB.

50% premium for NIB? On what planet?

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

"Every family needs a Pinball...Every Pinball needs a family."

Every family needs their $10,000 back, is what they need...

#143 6 years ago

I agree, one JPOP thread is enough IMHO.

#144 6 years ago

FUCK OFF J-POP! I hope no one supports this company.

#145 6 years ago

Is there an official announcement about JPOP and Deep Root?

#146 6 years ago

Just this, as seen on

http://deeproottech.com/

They put his name there. They've posted in this thread before. So they are completely aware of his reputation and radioactivity as well as knowing what it means to be involved with him.

My suggestion to the deeproot people is get ahead of this and explain what is going on. If you didn't want the attention, his name could have been left of, but you put it there.

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png

#147 6 years ago

So who's going to call the number and hit Option 3?

#148 6 years ago

Can you imagine if they try to make a working version of Magic Girl? That will send Pinside into red alert status!

#150 6 years ago

If this new company ever produces a pinball machine (which I highly doubt), I hope people are smart enough not to pre-order and wait until there is a working machine. That being said I would never buy anything new designed by jpoop. To me that's just a kick in the balls to all the people who were scammed by him...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-resurfaces/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.