IMG_0415 (resized).PNG
IMG_6647 (resized).JPG
IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
#51 6 years ago

First game: Screwdini

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

It's possibly lucrative to Deeproot.
Let's not kill this one if it puts machines in they buyers hands who have already paid their money.

If they were sympathetic to our situation in any way they wouldn't have hired the guy who scammed me. That's a giant middle finger to the people who paid him over a million dollars to fuck around in his shop and lie to us for years.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Somehow, I don't think any of that pre-order money would count towards any potential new games since they would be technically from a different company.
When a company hires a new employee or contracts with someone, they don't inherit that employee's/contractor's former debts and obligations, no matter how souring it is for people who are owed something from that person.

I agree, but this is wash, rinse, and repeat, just like when all of a sudden there is a webpage for American Pinball with JPop as designer. The original plan was for JPop to design new machines in exchange for MG, AIW, and RAZA all to be built and delivered to the previously paying customers. The problem was A.P. really had no clue as to who they were dealing with and how much he was hated. It almost killed A.P. before they ever got started.

Deeproot has already tried once with JPop and they fully know what they are getting into. There is NO WAY they are taking JPop on board without taking his obligations with him. They would sink faster than an allied leisure cocktail pinball if they didn't. If done right they could be heroes to the pinball community if RAZA and AIW buyers are made whole.

#54 6 years ago

All I can say is here we go again, just like when A.P. came on the scene. All the same people saying nothing will ever happen. Well, 25 M.G.'s got built and delivered to the buyers. They were something else to look at and something entirely different to try and play. It got done.

I am all for Deeproot if they can take it all a step further and make it all happen.

#55 6 years ago

I can not understand why any company in their right mind would associate themselves with the tainted, lying, scamming Jpoop. Background check? Hello??

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

There is NO WAY they are taking JPop on board without taking his obligations with him.

PewDiePie - Laugh 1 (resized).JPGPewDiePie - Laugh 1 (resized).JPG

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Why would they give machines away to people who got scammed by JPOP...you think they are just doing this out of good will? If they were sympathetic to those people in any way they wouldn't have hired the guy who scammed us. That's a giant middle finger to the people who paid him over a million dollars to fuck around in his shop and lie to us for years.
Also what makes you think they would actually produce RAZA? There's a lucrative game or two probably but RAZA isn't it. Also seeing how the game turned out during the last 2 years of development who would even want that game? It's a hodgepodge mess of IP infringement. Would you put a Mars Attacks Godzilla in Robbie the Robots Haunted Circus game in your house? I wouldn't.

You said "scammed us" . Which machine are you owed? RAZA or AIW?

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I can not understand why any company in their right mind would associate themselves with the tainted, lying, scamming Jpoop. Background check? Hello??

They already know who he is

#59 6 years ago

The title of this thread got me thinking that somebody might have been holding him underwater.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

They already know who he is

Which begs the question - WHY HIRE THIS RIPOFF ARTIST??? Just ask AP how well it went for them.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Which machine are you owed? RAZA or AIW?

RAZA

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Which begs the question - WHY HIRE THIS RIPOFF ARTIST??? Just ask AP how well it went for them.

Why anyone goes into business, because they see a potential to make money.

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ripoff artist Jpop doesn't deserve a job with any pinball company. He's done, it's over, the stink will never wash off. If these guys aren't morons they'll fire him now instead of waiting for him to waste a bunch of their time and money and then fire him, after dragging their name through the mud.

They are already sharp as a bowling ball if they have him on the payroll. And if I hear one grumble about loosing money, oh nevermind it's bound to happen. Carry on.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

First exciting game will be...
Ponzi Scheme! Send money now!

The LE version is a real glass translite with featuring Bernard Madoff.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Why anyone goes into business, because they see a potential to make money.

Make money - as in 'earn it'? Or take money, as in 'steal it'. ....'cause yeah, Jpoop has a history with one - not the other.

#66 6 years ago

this was posted in the big jpop thread back in the day. It's a headscratcher after all this that they are working with jpop again.

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 1.19.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-14 at 1.19.09 PM (resized).png

#67 6 years ago

Deeproot our motto is "customer service is number two!"

#68 6 years ago

Right about now the Duke boys are thinking, "This is a bad idea."

#69 6 years ago

Awe Man....Again

#70 6 years ago

Add another company to the list who I will never buy from even in the secondary market.

#71 6 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

"Every family needs a Pinball...Every Pinball needs a family."

Manson Family!

#73 6 years ago

You know at this point you are 100% out the money. Going to court is going to yield you a pocket full of lint.

Deeproot was ready to take over Zidware 2 years ago, but obviously found any way they could to back out.(probably realizing just how unfinished everything was)

Deeproot takes a step back, watches the whole fiasco that A.P. went through because they found out just how much everything was unfinished, almost before it was too late, and how much JPop is hated. A.P. throws their hands up and said "we didn't know, we made a mistake, John is no longer part of our company". In the mean time , 25 Magic Girls got produced and started changing hands for stupid money for a machine that didn't even work properly, some never left the box. Now A.P. is about to hit the streets with a fully featured machine for a cool $7K that is highly anticipated.

Here is my opinion. Deeproot has looked at all of this, they see that pinball is living a huge upswing in popularity to people with disposable cash, and decides they want back in again. How do we quickly gain a market share? Enter JPop. He has 2 machine that he needs to produce that are ready to be built but he has no money to do so. Deeproot says we will build these, you bring us more designs in exchange for the machines to be built. Lets say RAZA is 1st. They build 250 RAZA's and those go to the rightful owners who paid in full. You have a partially paid machine? Cough up the balance or you are out. They sell the remaining machines. Deeproot gains INSTANT credibility in the pinball community. They paid nothing for the designs.

I can see why they would do this. If they can produce 100% working machines AND offer proper support, why be against it.

#74 6 years ago

Everyone's a comedian today, funniest thread of the week!

#75 6 years ago

Those zidware games were looked at MANY, MANY times by industry people. There's a reason they ALL chose to walk away. AP was the latest to think they could get into pinball with them, and then THEY walked away as well, with well deserved egg on their face and it took some time to get over it.

Can't believe the jpop reality distortion field still works on anyone.

#76 6 years ago

I see the Deeproot user logged in to pinside today. I hope they comment in this thread....

#77 6 years ago

I someone puts that pic wolfmash posted on a shirt. I would buy it. Hahaha

#78 6 years ago

I'd love to visit with Deeproot. He's right in my backyard.

#79 6 years ago

How many pinball companies are there now? Starting to lose track.

#80 6 years ago

Fake News

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Here is my opinion. Deeproot has looked at all of this, they see that pinball is living a huge upswing in popularity to people with disposable cash, and decides they want back in again. How do we quickly gain a market share? Enter JPop. He has 2 machine that he needs to produce that are ready to be built but he has no money to do so. Deeproot says we will build these, you bring us more designs in exchange for the machines to be built. Lets say RAZA is 1st. They build 250 RAZA's and those go to the rightful owners who paid in full. You have a partially paid machine? Cough up the balance or you are out. They sell the remaining machines. Deeproot gains INSTANT credibility in the pinball community. They paid nothing for the designs.

It was one thing for AP to pay for the twenty-five (25) or so MG they made allegedly in exchange for a design. It's a whole other thing to pay for two hundred and fifty (250) machines to be made... That is $2,000,000 worth of machines assuming an $8,000 cost per machine to build.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It was one thing for AP to pay for the twenty-five (25) or so MG they made allegedly in exchange for a design. It's a whole other thing to pay for two hundred and fifty (250) machines to be made... That is $2,000,000 worth of machines assuming an $8,000 cost per machine to build.

RAZA is around 120 machines owing, but many have balances owing on them. For example, I had paid $6500, so $3500 to collect if I were to get a machine.

There would still be a huge deficit to cover, and its debatable whether a pinball design is worth anything close to that. AP obviously found it better to shit can everything and start from scratch with a new designer.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd love to visit with Deeproot. He's right in my backyard.

You should!

#84 6 years ago

I am surprised anyone would do business with JOP while court proceedings are still on going. Who really owns they assets? Yet to be decided? Can they assets be ordered to sold to pay off the debt?

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

First exciting game will be...
Ponzi Scheme! Send money now!

If you issue an LE version... sells out in a week I bet.

I'm only half joking... sadly.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

I am surprised anyone would do business with JOP while court proceedings are still on going. Who really owns they assets? Yet to be decided? Can they assets be ordered to sold to pay off the debt?

Nope. If someone has a judgement against them and owns part of the company (don't know if this is the case here) you can freeze and maybe seize distributions to him but nothing more. I'm not aware of any states which allow a different unique companies assets to be sold because a partial owner has a judgement against them.

If the company was formed exclusively to avoid debt of a prior company that would be different... does not seem to be the case here though...

#87 6 years ago

as soon as i sign and notarize my non-disclosure, i'll chime in with my thoughts.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Enter JPop. He has 2 machine that he needs to produce that are ready to be built but he has no money to do so. Deeproot says we will build these, you bring us more designs in exchange for the machines to be built. Lets say RAZA is 1st. They build 250 RAZA's and those go to the rightful owners who paid in full. You have a partially paid machine? Cough up the balance or you are out. They sell the remaining machines. Deeproot gains INSTANT credibility in the pinball community. They paid nothing for the designs.

Where do I sign up?

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If the ingredients are crap, and the recipe sucks and the chef is incompetent, does not matter how good the kitchen is, you are not going end up with something you want to consume.

THIS is MY favorite post of the year!

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

RAZA is around 120 machines owing, but many have balances owing on them. For example, I had paid $6500, so $3500 to collect if I were to get a machine.

I'm sure jpop had all of that financial info accurately reflected in his records...

#91 6 years ago

My prediction... if this new company managed to rein in jpop and he designs an amazing game, and they make it to production... all kidding aside, people will be throwing money at this company. People have short memories and do what they think is in their best interest at the time.

#92 6 years ago

You can't stop jpop from getting a job. No matter how scummy his behavior has been, he has a right to feed himself. If this is a separate business entity there can be no claim against the new company.

#93 6 years ago

What would it take to forgive him? Dudes talents did not lend themselves to running a. business

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Everyone makes mistakes. If we keep on jumping on and tearing down one another this pinball community is done.
Businesses fail all the time.

JPOP failed us first, though.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

JPOP failed us first, though.

We have to vote with our wallets in this case

#96 6 years ago

Yeah gang, come on...everyone makes million dollar mistakes. Geez...

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

We have to vote with our wallets in this case

...which everyone says every time, then a pre-order starts up, and everyone goes bananas, and the cycle starts all over again. Sigh.

#98 6 years ago

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

...which everyone says every time, then a pre-order starts up, and everyone goes bananas, and the cycle starts all over again. Sigh.

Seriously. Just don't buy stuff with JPOP's name anywhere near it. It's not like he's the only guy trying to make games!

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Seriously. Just don't buy stuff with JPOP's name anywhere near it. It's not like he's the only guy trying to make games!

I don't preorder anyway, but lots of other people still do, and will probably continue to do so.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-resurfaces/page/2?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.