IMG_0415 (resized).PNG
IMG_6647 (resized).JPG
IMG_0908 (resized).PNG
jpop_krueger (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 9.48.57 AM (resized).png
bad-penny.jpg
Screenshot_2017-09-15-10-15-01-85 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.
#501 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Well, it looks like all the Texas boys have been bought and paid for by deep pockets.

Since when does Ice represent the entire state? lol.

#502 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

So, apple juice and zombie are not going to get fucked hard by these ass clowns? sorry Ice, I'm not buying it. They, deep root have shown their cards, they are nothing more than crooks, instead of guns they use lawyers. They are scum.

How will they get F Ed?

Right now 100% of nothing is nothing

I don't get the investment in pinball either

Is it impossible? Spooky is making pins

Everybody should judge for themselves but I'd at least wait until the announcement and see exactly what the plan actually is

#503 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

90% of my time on said arcades was spent playing Street Fighter Alpha 2

Who was your main in A2?

#504 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Who was your main in A2?

I've never played competitively, so it doesn't really matter, but....I usually pick the wierdos in most fighting games. Rose, Dan, Guy, Sakura.

#505 6 years ago

I want to be done with this. I just want Jpop ro be done and no longer in pinball. JPop has only brought anger and stress to what I used to think was an awesome hobby full of fantastic people.

Jpop and Kevin have ruined some of this. I still like all the awesome people on inside and those I meet at the shows, but these two people should be banned from pinball.

#506 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've never played competitively, so it doesn't really matter, but....I usually pick the wierdos in most fighting games. Rose, Dan, Guy, Sakura.

Rose is top tier in Alpha 2! You following SFV at all? Last new character they introduced, Menat, is Rose's apprentice. She has her soul throw anti air, and a similar parry/reflect move, but otherwise plays pretty differently.

I'd rather talk about Street Fighter than beat the Jpop dead horse some more, but sorry for going off topic.

#507 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Rose is top tier in Alpha 2! You following SFV at all? Last new character they introduced, Menat, is Rose's apprentice. She has her soul throw anti air, and a similar parry/reflect move, but otherwise plays pretty differently.
I'd rather talk about Street Fighter than beat the Jpop dead horse some more, but sorry for going off topic.

I'll send you a PM, lol...

#508 6 years ago

If there is eventually some kind of settlement and I actually receive something for my 9K, I hope someone will get in touch with me. This continued drama around Poop Boy has grown extremely old. I cringe every time there is a new post to one of the threads with his name attached. It's like passing by a disaster on the interstate. I curse the rubber-neckers but I can't help looking myself.

#509 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

UPDATE
I spoke to Deeproot legal counsel today, Gunn, Lee and Cave. I've known Ted Lee since my early days in the 80's at Ernst & Young.
The fact that these guys are representing Robert is a really big deal in my mind from a credibility standpoint.
They are and have been IP experts for a LONG time.
I was initially very positive about the prospects of people having another opportunity to get what John promised us. After all, as crappy as it was he delivered on MG.
I posted an article referencing the article in the San Antonio Business Journal as a point of reference for everybody to review and make up their own minds regarding "Life Settlements" and that part of the article.
I pointed out the issues that Life Partners, a publicly traded company, had with fraudulently deceiving investors, etc. I went back and re read the disclosure statement and while its NOT something I'd ever promote, in no way, it does NOT equate to the fraud that was committed by Life Partners.
It's a VERY complicated alternative asset class and one that carry's a ton of negative baggage with it. Based on my reading and the explanation by the attorney there is NO comparison with the asset class itself, and certainly not on the intent to defraud and deceive as in the Life Partners case.
Like i said, i have clients that have gotten hurt financially in that case and it raised a red flag when i saw the term "Life Settlements" in the article.
Deeproot appears to offer an ALTERNATIVE ASSET CLASS INVESTMENT option and love for pinball. That is why I was intrigued initially due our similar backgrounds and coincidental affinity for pinball.
I misinterpreted the statement that Robert couldn't meet with me right now as they were in a money raise phase and didn't want to disclose "accredited investor details"
Thus, my comment re SEC Reg D filings and money raise disclosures.
As it turns out, the plaintiffs in the lawsuit against John, as also previously reported, are in negotiation to work out a settlement.
Since none of this had been made public, all in private, what was going to happen to the remaining Jpop victims?
It appears that the "workout" is going to be made public sometime in the near future.
Litigation guys have more at stake and thus should get something more for fighting the fight and the REST of the $$$ buyers will be offered up something as well.
As i tell my clients, 100% of nothing is nothing.
At this point, it appears that Deeproot has the funding and certainly competent representation to make an attempt at this effort.
I chimed in pissed off at the back room deal settled with the original plaintiffs and nothing for the rest of us. That won't fly and that isn't their intention anyhow.
At the end of the day, I retract and don't want to paint Robert and crew in any sort of analogy with "Life Partners" and fraud, I don't believe it at all. It's NOT something i would endorse or participate in but it appears the story wasn't accurately represented in the San Antonio Business Journal.
In addition, Robert really hasn't had a chance to come in here and defend himself and disclose exactly what the plan is, due to confidential settlement negotiations with the plaintiffs.
As stated earlier, IF Deeproot can actually deliver on what they say they can then we all win. If not, then its just another failed pinball venture.
I think we can all hope that it all works out after the pain and misery for years! Everybody, no matter how it all transpired deserves a chance at redemption, again.
Either way, it will be fun to watch play out! I support Robert and his efforts and hopefully he can do what others haven't been able to accomplish with John.

Plaintiffs are also bound by confidentiality in situations like this. But if Deeproot truly has deep pockets as you say, they will need to make a substantial offer beyond the "good intentions" spoken to you, a third party. Blue sky sounds great from a powerful law firm but the proof will be in the offering.

1 week later
#510 6 years ago

Wow. I just can't believe the story continues...

1 week later
#511 6 years ago

I can believe lawyers "helping" other lawyers though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-resurfaces/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.