Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Jnewton
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drstarkweather.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I'm guessing Stern wouldn't hire him or he wouldn't work for him?....

How could they afford one of his designs? I find him to be pretty uncompromising with his vision, and he loves to put TONS of stuff into his machines. That doesn't fit with the way Stern is currently making machines, with their focus on minimizing cost after being confronted with rising material costs.

A JPop Stern Machine would cost $9k, and he would refuse to make a 'LE' playfield. I think thats awesome.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Have you not seen acdc? That is definite not a cost cutting machine.

1 cannon.....? Plastic everything. Im waiting for the expensive stuff. If you want to talk LEs, thats a different story. They charge twice as much for those as they did for LOTR and SM back in the day.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Please lets try to keep this thread about JPops presentation. We don't need the constant back and forth regarding Sterns on a thread like this. That argument has already taken over multiple other threads and is getting beaten to death.

Agreed, back to our regularly scheduled program!

I saw him speak at MGC, Im sure he is much farther along than he was back then. Rumor was that they were going to unveil the Zombie Adventure playfield but changed their minds last minute.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The LE prices are in line to inflation increased prices on B/W titles from the 90s.

I never mentioned B/W dude. I was talking about Stern. And inflation holds up for the Pro model, but not the LEs compared to the Before LE years. I don't really want to get into an argument about it. Im not hating on Stern, surviving the recession took some cost cutting measures, and Im seeing a return to form with Xmen. Good for them. 2/3 of my collection are Sterns. Love em.

My point was that JPop loves coming up with multiple unique features to a pin, and in the past few years that does not mesh with what Stern has been doing. (see what I did there, brought it back on topic! )

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drstarkweather.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-presentation-at-nwpin-show?tu=drstarkweather and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.