Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by PinChili
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

OH HELL NO.jpg
    image.jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 9 years ago

I'm not here to make people abandon Zidware. I'm sorry some of you feel this way. I tried to explain things but it's really use. John needs to get these pins done. I deserve no attention at all or even one more post about this topic. I'll work on John's media relations if he wants me to. You won't hear from me on this matter again. Be good guys...

Chris

#2 9 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

- I am not paid by John.

I called that one!

#3 9 years ago

One thing that makes this a less than stellar idea is that a slew of people in this community seem to really dislike you. If you were interested in helping jpop, you'd have kept your identity and involvement a secret...

#4 9 years ago

I've determined that your marketing mantra is "There is no such thing as bad publicity." You've got John covered from that perspective.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

One thing that makes this a less than stellar idea is that a slew of people in this community seem to really dislike you. If you were interested in helping jpop, you'd have kept your identity and involvement a secret...

I tried to. Hence been working on this since November, did anyone know? Having people contacting Wired forced me out. John never should have talked about it before it was a done deal.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

The WIRED exclusive is NOT a terrible thing. Not sure why Aurich is crapping on his own brother's at Conde Naste. The goal was to have Wired play it for the first time and then it would be at the following Expo

I think there are some buyers who have had money invested for 4 years that might have an issue with some press people seeing/playing a machine before they do

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

I am not employed by John. I do not speak for John.

Then isn't it disingenuous to post as Zidware Public Relations?

Quoted from kaneda:

This pin will market itself. I know that. You know that.

This pin DOESNT need to market itself. In fact it doesn't need any marketing at all. it's been sold out for four years.

Quoted from kaneda:

John needs issues and crisis help more than anything right now

Wrong again. John needs to answer emails from his customers, take their calls, stop screwing around with side projects and build the games we have paid for.

Quoted from kaneda:

I really hope everyone involved with this project gets their games in a timely manner.

#8 9 years ago

#9 9 years ago

The only kind of PR John needs is the kind that is derived from putting the products he sold into his customers' hands.

Any other kind of PR at this point is little more than blowing smoke up peoples' asses.

#10 9 years ago

I wonder if Keneda was involved with the article that compared John to Steve Jobs.

http://pavlovpinball.com/john-popadiuk-pinballs-steve-jobs/

Love the sample comments

image.jpgimage.jpg

#11 9 years ago

JPop's projects become more and more bizarre.

#12 9 years ago

I just read through the slideshows. There's nothing there. Big ol nothingburger. Exactly what this project needed, another announcement of an announcement with zero substance or news.

#13 9 years ago

#14 9 years ago

uncalled for but I'm not happy about this

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

It was kept a secret. But he just couldn't stop himself from anonymously using the ZidwarePr account to post in a thread where he'd already been banned. And then people caught on.

#16 9 years ago

Nail meet coffin.

#17 9 years ago

Dear Lord, I hope this is a bad joke.

#18 9 years ago

OH HELL NO.jpgOH HELL NO.jpg

I have seen and heard everything.

#19 9 years ago

History repeats. Sometimes as tragedy, sometimes as farce.

#20 9 years ago

I gave ya a thumbs up Kaneda just because you sounded sincere and I actually must have missed some of your crazier rants so I'm not going to pile on just for the sake of joining a mob.

That being said, your post here seems sane enough so if you admit you're ashamed of some of your past posting/rants/whatever may I suggest not drinking and Pinsiding at the same time.

#21 9 years ago

Man...
    I've been a huge Zidware supporter from the beginning
    But if Kaneda is involved in Zidware I'm out and I'm shifting gears to an anti Zidware public campaign till I get a refund.

Chris, you want to help Zidware please close the thread and stop posting

#22 9 years ago

What the hell is going on? There is NOTHING TO MARKET. There is nothing to relate to the public. There is a big causal link problem here. Companies that have public relations and marketing departments have those things as a RESULT of selling things to people. STFU, build something, sell it. My god this just reeks of stupid.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Man...
    But if Kaneda is involved in Zidware I'm out and I'm shifting gears to an anti Zidware public campaign till I get a refund.

If zid has lost pdx, we've really had the wheels fall off.

#24 9 years ago

I'm not surprised John is on board this in some way (he announced "Chris doing PR" in the Winter Update blog post) because there is zero business sense behind any of this and pure ego stroking.

#25 9 years ago

I really don't understand the Wired thing. Why? What is there to gain?

It's not a success story, it's on the brink of failure. He doesn't need PR, he needs a swift kick in the ass.

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

If zid has lost pdx, we've really had the wheels fall off.

I'm not out yet but not happy about this

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think there are some buyers who have had money invested for 4 years that might have an issue with some press people seeing/playing a machine before they do

This wouldn't be the case. When there's a flipping pin, owners will be invited before media to play.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

The only kind of PR John needs is the kind that is derived from putting the products he sold into his customers' hands.
    Any other kind of PR at this point is little more than blowing smoke up peoples' asses.

Did you guys even read the plan? NOTHING happens until games are done and ready to ship. I agree. PR is icing on the cake, we need the cake first.

#29 9 years ago

I'm not even sure what to say about this. I'm truly speechless.

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Man...

If you're going to leave because of me, that's sort of silly. John's been working on this game for years, I've given him maybe 20 hours of work. But that's your decision.

#31 9 years ago

This is a superb example of putting lipstick on a pig. The only positive PR move JPoP can make IMHO is to show a full functional, flipping game along with the date when it will begin shipping.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'm not out yet but not happy about this

I thought you and others "were not out yet" because even if you ask for a refund you won't get one. Aren't there a few folks who have asked for a refund who are still waiting (after several weeks?) to get any sort of a response from John?

#33 9 years ago

Can mods lock this thread. Thank you.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

Can mods lock this thread. Thank you.

Bang up job on your "media relations"!

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-marketing-plan-inside-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.