21%

(156 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210826_133608 (resized).jpg
20210826_133602 (resized).jpg
4B559C2D-DA83-407C-A252-46EEA414C75D (resized).jpeg
B9DFAB09-D47E-423C-A6BC-11CF251A9ECE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I am wanting to trade my MBr Se with shaker, mirror blades, and CPR topper with added color changing LEDs. Bought new end of 2019.

I can get either JP premium or AIQ premium NIB. Would have been an even trade but now will have to cover Sterns price increase.

I like both but on the fence. Which one has longer enjoyability. Thanks guys and gals.

B9DFAB09-D47E-423C-A6BC-11CF251A9ECE (resized).jpegB9DFAB09-D47E-423C-A6BC-11CF251A9ECE (resized).jpeg
#3 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

JP is amazing, not even close.

Thanks for voting and replying. Really appreciate it.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

As you already know, JP gets my vote!

No surprise there my friend

#12 2 years ago

“BUT! If you are going to have to pay the increased prices anyway, I'd just wait for the next and then decide between the three.”

Good advice right there. Thank you

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Looking at your pins, JP will fit in nicely. You already have fun flow shooters, and imo, it is the better game, but I wouldn’t recommend it as an only pin.
Where did you get that topper btw; looking for one myself.
And can we all agree to stop using JP2, JP3 and JP to describe same pin lmao; just use JP, we all know we’re taking most recent. Someone will say JPDE if talking older. Not a big deal, just a wish list item I’m too guilty of.
Edit: voted wait for godzilla cause why not, like 2-3 weeks away lol no brainier

I got the topper from CPR.
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-toppers/monster-bash/

Thanks for replying to my topic.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

If we were talking pro's I'd say JP as I think the AIQ pro is missing a lot that makes the game great. The entire right side of the game is missing in the pro. JP I don't feel like there is as much gameplay missing from the premium and would say go pro all day. That said the AIQ premium is a different game to me. I've already chosen with a purchase of one if it gets here soon. Otherwise I'll wait and buy one used in a few months.
Can't say what the new game will have in store. Could be amazing or could be not my cup of tea. Since you seem to be ready to take the price increase hit I'd wait and see cause the likelihood is you'll be kicking yourself if Godzilla is amazing (you made the hype thread after all

Yeah I did make the hype thread lol.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Own both. Have put 2,500 plays on JP. Not sure if I've put 100 plays on AIQ. Just not an addictive game IMO. Many of the modes are too long/boring/repetitive, callouts are laughably bad.

Thank you! Love hearing from you guys who own both.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

I have both but I just picked up AIQ Premium so it may still be the honeymoon phase. I love the flow of play on AIQ but i think in the long run I would go with JP, there is just so much going on with JP and never gets old.

Thank you! Appreciate you participating and taking the time to reply.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from TheRookie:

I have a premium of both, got AIQ last week but I think AIQ is more fun. With JP you follow a track and I feel like the game gets going after a few paddocks but AIQ I feel like it gets going at the first gem mode. But once JP gets going and the t-Rexs modes pile on and the game has some incredible moments. It needs to be said you can’t go wrong with either pin. Man idk I’m thinking my self into saying JP now… both are such good games your golden either way.

Ha! Funny seeing you change your own mind towards the end there

Quoted from Vino:

JP is my pick but don’t forget Eddie..
[quoted image]

Wish I liked the band though.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

The Godzilla plot twist skewed it up a bit.

It skewed it for me. Three pins I want. Kinda hoping Godzilla sucks lol.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Jp all day
I will say with AIQ - the premium/LE features actually drag the game down IMO. Marvel ramp rejects but more importantly that subway which really slows the game down. Pro actually plays better and faster. Might want to check that out

I played a pro AIQ and really liked it. Going to hopefully try a premium to see if I prefer it or not. I do love the artwork on the premium though.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

JP is a more popular game and likely to hold resale value better

Yeah JP is still a very popular IP for a long time. Going on 30 years.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

Cheers mate - thanks for getting back to me on that!

Anytime!

Thank you all who have replied. your help is much appreciated.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I own all three of Elwin's masterpieces so far and my JP Premium I definitely play the most and is my go to pin. My IM Pro is 2nd and AIQ Premium 3rd. JP just pulls me into the immersion of the game like Deadpool did and it's just plain fun. The T-Rex head moving and incredible use of the shaker motor in the game have made this one that is bolted down in my house for good. Which says a lot as with my small collection I go through pins typically in a 3-6 month period. AIQ is definitely a fun pin as well but man the call outs kill it for me and that deep Thanos voice does nothing but irritate me to be honest. The game and layout are fantastic but I don't feel drawn in like I do with JP or IM. Like others have said you really can't go wrong with either and at some point hopefully you can own both. I'd highly recommend the Premium models on both of these pins though. I've also had no issues with the Captain Marvel ramp after the cool mod the one guy on here made or the subway. I really like having the balls lock down there and building them up to be used in a multiball. Adds a neat dimension to when to use the Portal in the game.

Thank you so much for your reply. That’s so cool you own all three. That’s a really good endorsement for a game when you have all three. Thanks so much again.

#51 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I've owned all 3 and currently have AIQ, I would buy an Elwin designed pin sight unseen at this point, all 3 have been fantastic! I have trouble picking between any of them.I honestly would take a JP Pro over the premium though, the dinosaur is cool, but is flow killer and imo the novelty wears out quickly... same with IMDN, sarcophagus lock is super cool... the first handful of times, but then it is just a flow killer! I imagine I'll get there eventually with the Dr Strange lock on AIQ but right now the Captain Marvel ramp and in general the whole right side of the playfield make it worth the move to premium!
Bottom line... I don't think you can't make a wrong decision between the two!

Thanks Roar for your reply.The pro on JP is not bad at all. What about AIQ pro vs premium? Also can’t wait to see Godzilla.

#68 2 years ago

I really want to thank everyone for their input and replies. You have all been great. Going to wait and see what Godzilla looks like. I do hope to get JP3 and AIQ in the near future.

I am definitely leaning towards AIQ premium and of course getting JP3 premium. It’s always tough to pick between two games you really like. Only so much money and room unfortunately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp3-premium-or-aiq-premium-?tu=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.