21%

(156 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210826_133608 (resized).jpg
20210826_133602 (resized).jpg
4B559C2D-DA83-407C-A252-46EEA414C75D (resized).jpeg
B9DFAB09-D47E-423C-A6BC-11CF251A9ECE (resized).jpeg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I've owned all 3 and currently have AIQ, I would buy an Elwin designed pin sight unseen at this point, all 3 have been fantastic! I have trouble picking between any of them.I honestly would take a JP Pro over the premium though, the dinosaur is cool, but is flow killer and imo the novelty wears out quickly... same with IMDN, sarcophagus lock is super cool... the first handful of times, but then it is just a flow killer! I imagine I'll get there eventually with the Dr Strange lock on AIQ but right now the Captain Marvel ramp and in general the whole right side of the playfield make it worth the move to premium!
Bottom line... I don't think you can't make a wrong decision between the two!

Thanks Roar for your reply.The pro on JP is not bad at all. What about AIQ pro vs premium? Also can’t wait to see Godzilla.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Thanks Roar for your reply.The pro on JP is not bad at all. What about AIQ pro vs premium? Also can’t wait to see Godzilla.

AIQ Premium all day for me, too much change to the right side of the playfield on the Pro. Best shot in that game is the Captain Marvel and it is missing entirely from the Pro.

#53 2 years ago

I’ve owned both AIQ & JP Premium, both solid pins with unique layouts. I’m a big fan of KME but agree with a previous poster, why not wait? Godzilla should be revealed within weeks and it sounds like it could be another winner. JP is my favorite Elwin pin but I would be happy to own any of the three.

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I’ve owned both AIQ & JP Premium, both solid pins with unique layouts. I’m a big fan of KME but agree with a previous poster, why not wait? Godzilla should be revealed within weeks and it sounds like it could be another winner. JP is my favorite Elwin pin but I would be happy to own any of the three.

yah, if you're gonna pay the price bump, there's no rush.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Love hearing from you guys who own both.

I own(ed) both. After nearly two years I still play JP3 premium more than all 20+ other games combined. Bought an AIQ and it barely lasted a week. It's not a bad game, but my expectations were extremely high after Maiden & JP3, and they were not met.

This is hard to verbalize, but AIQ seems too inward-focused to me, like all the rules take place in your mind. You have to memorize all the effects of each gem, how the effects change based on which level, what each hero does when leveled up, etc. None of it feels like it takes place under glass. You see a colored arrow and your brain has to do all the calculus to make it fun. There's a reason some guy made a tutorial, flash cards, and even a printed booklet to understand it.

Whereas with JP3, it's very deep and wide, with lots of overlapping modes & goals, but it feels very grounded, like you're playing your way through that world. The game takes place on the playfield. To me it's a modern, better LOTR. Great modes, multiballs each feel very distinct and with a purpose, handful of super rewarding mini-wizard modes, and a holy grail final wizard mode that could take years to reach, if you ever do. But you can also play the wizard mode as a mini game!

JP3 is my all-time favorite pin and I doubt even KME can top it. I hope Godzilla proves me wrong.

#57 2 years ago

It's funny that you post this, but I'm going through the same thing right now. I'm limiting myself to most likely the Pro as opposed to the Premium since I've only played the Pros at leagues.

We've had JP for a few seasons now and I love it. The way the game rules mirror the movie is just awesome. The shots are completely satisfying and you can get some really good flow going. AiQ on the other hand is new and I've only gotten about 15 or so games on it, but I'm having a ton of fun with it. I put my first ball on it during our launch party, walked back and said "Dude, that machine is pretty bad ass".

As for the theme, it would be JP all day. I've always been a huge JP fan and grew up with it as a kid.

I've been saying that JP was going to be my next game ever since I played it, but I'm considering AiQ as well. Most likely because we've JP in leagues for 3 - 4 season, so I've had a lot of time with it. Pushes me towards AiQ since it's new to me.

Such a tough decision. Like roar said, I think you're going to love either one of them and you can't really go wrong with either.

#58 2 years ago

I sold a star trek pre for JP3, it was the best upgrade I have made. You should not have too many issues finding someone who needs a monster bash. Its a amazing game, I thought MB was too easy.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

I think the reason to not wait might be how long it takes to get one. Location pros and LEs will be built first...meaning you might not get one until November with the backlog and slowed production.

#60 2 years ago

It's really going to come down to personal preference. I own both and prefer AIQ Prem over JP Prem.

#62 2 years ago

I have owned all three and recently swapped out my Maiden Premium for an AIQ Premium and sold my JP3 Premium. I am still figuring out AIQ...but love the shots, the flow, and have started to truly appreciate the deep ruleset and many different strategies that can be used to play the game. I agree that the ruleset is complicated, but I think it translates really well for the home collector looking for a deep game with a lot of different ways to approach it.

I liked JP more than Maiden based on theme and found Maiden to be the least challenging of the three for sure. I actually found Maiden to be a bit too easy compared to the other two. I loved JP, don't get me wrong, but had it since December 2019 and played the hell out of it. Now, I'm really enjoying Avengers and, while the theme and callouts aren't the best, the layout and strategic elements more than make up for those items. The Capt Marvel ramp is pretty awesome and I like the physical portal ball lock as well as having the antman VUK. I think the AIQ Pro is pretty solid, but I'm definitely not regretting my Premium decision in the slightest.

Hope that helps

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why is there a 3 in the JP acronym?

The original JP Data East = JP1, Lost World Data East = JP2, Stern JP = JP3

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

The original JP Data East = JP1, Lost World Sega = JP2, Stern JP = JP3

#65 2 years ago

but lost world jp is JPLW. So JP 2 would be available.

#66 2 years ago

If you say JP2 some people might think you mean LWJP. With JP3 there's no ambiguity.

#67 2 years ago

I think most people don't count LW as one of the series because it straight up sucks

#68 2 years ago

I really want to thank everyone for their input and replies. You have all been great. Going to wait and see what Godzilla looks like. I do hope to get JP3 and AIQ in the near future.

I am definitely leaning towards AIQ premium and of course getting JP3 premium. It’s always tough to pick between two games you really like. Only so much money and room unfortunately.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I own(ed) both. After nearly two years I still play JP3 premium more than all 20+ other games combined. Bought an AIQ and it barely lasted a week. It's not a bad game, but my expectations were extremely high after Maiden & JP3, and they were not met.
This is hard to verbalize, but AIQ seems too inward-focused to me, like all the rules take place in your mind. You have to memorize all the effects of each gem, how the effects change based on which level, what each hero does when leveled up, etc. None of it feels like it takes place under glass. You see a colored arrow and your brain has to do all the calculus to make it fun. There's a reason some guy made a tutorial, flash cards, and even a printed booklet to understand it.
Whereas with JP3, it's very deep and wide, with lots of overlapping modes & goals, but it feels very grounded, like you're playing your way through that world. The game takes place on the playfield. To me it's a modern, better LOTR. Great modes, multiballs each feel very distinct and with a purpose, handful of super rewarding mini-wizard modes, and a holy grail final wizard mode that could take years to reach, if you ever do. But you can also play the wizard mode as a mini game!
JP3 is my all-time favorite pin and I doubt even KME can top it. I hope Godzilla proves me wrong.

Feel exactly the same. I would love to see simpler rules in modern games. Keep the variety of modes, mb's, and wizard modes for depth but just keep the scoring, perks, multipliers, etc. more simple. I had a hard time connecting with AIQ for same reasons. Shoots pretty good but don't get a clear direction of how to start playing like JP and Iron Maiden.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp3-premium-or-aiq-premium-/page/2?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.