70%

(293 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2F2F5DC6-48D4-4EE5-BA3E-8A3938E6BC13 (resized).jpeg
30592 (resized).jpeg
2335ebc6ae3483b3f86429c9b0c58ea0 (resized).jpg
67CAAFAC-6754-4040-90C3-9A42F62F6F5A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 4 years ago

I’m going to wait a year, that way I can play both and see how that Rex mech is built. IMDN uses cheap metal on some of its mechs, so I want reassurance that a mech with this kind of movement and frequency of movement will hold up. If it proves to be well engineered and uses good materials, used premium all the way, assuming the gameplay is as awesome as it looks.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Impressive patience

I still buy video games about 5 years after they are released... Just playing Witcher 2 right now, which is 8 years old. I just pretend new releases are just announcements coming in 5 years or so. My games cost 5 bucks. Waiting a year for a pin is easy.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I thought I'd post this here because it shows the differences, the only thing that looks different is the Raptor pen shot and not T-Rex to interrupt the ramp shot. I don't know how that is coded but it might make more sense for the T-Rex kind of like how the Vengeance toy can either trap the ball or kick back or the BG ramp on TWD it makes the game play different rather than a simple ramp shot every time.
I love the looks of premium just not sure $1800 more and the helicopter will likely be made for the pro as an ad on mod maybe even better than the premium.
Pro

Premium

Wow, thanks for the video post. The videos made me do a 180 on this one!

Now I'm leaning toward pro:

- Helocopter spin is meaningless as it is on a wireform.

- T-Rex may be a problem mech, and if it isn't, it will stop flow in what I see as a bad way. If it was a lock and hold and spit for multiball, it would be a good break before a new launch, but mid ramp (don't really like spot, but slightly different) isn't the best place to stop flow.

- The gate works very well with the raptor pen on the pro. This is where the real debate is to me. Is that ball capture/captive ball-to-target portion of the game outbalance the negatives above? I think not, especially for the money. Vote changed!

If I was buying based on videos and value, like OP is, I'd go pro all the way. Save those Canuck bucks for some overpriced and overtaxed beer!

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Hate to break it to you but pro stops on the up post instead of trex mouth so equal opportunity flow stopper on both models

Edit: thanks!!

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

sk8ball (Keith) is the designer so he knows what he's talking about, I believe the T-Rex ramp leads to the left inland which would then stop the ball on the up post. I have not watched the video of the pro yet.

Oh crap, totally forgat that was Keith. Thanks for clearing that up.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Keith who is that in your Avatar picture?

I believe that's Spalding from Caddy Shack?

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Neither do I, but he makes a pretty good baseball mitt.

And golf balls

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would have to see and play both games but the ball eating T Rex just seems like a big nothing burger to me. The raptor pen seems nice but not a must have either. Im leaning pro for now but that could obviously change afer playing the two models.
Basically if money is no object get the premium but if it is there is damn sure nothing with owning this pro model here because it is super sweet!

I agree with you, but it's funny that pinside, myself included, have been complaining about a lack of interactive toys for years. They give us a killer one and we all yawn. #cantwin

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I see it the same way also 90% of the time. Big point was AC/DC you had to get a premium for the lower playfield and not see the ugly mug.

Pirates was worse. You had to go CE to get rid of one of the worst mugs...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
Machine - For Sale
Hutto, TX
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, NJ
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp2-pro-or-premium-poll?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.