Topic poll

“JP2 Pro or Premium *poll*”

• Pro 85 votes
    30%
  • Premium 200 votes
    70%

(285 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2F2F5DC6-48D4-4EE5-BA3E-8A3938E6BC13 (resized).jpeg
30592 (resized).jpeg
2335ebc6ae3483b3f86429c9b0c58ea0 (resized).jpg
67CAAFAC-6754-4040-90C3-9A42F62F6F5A (resized).jpeg

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 months ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I played both the pro and premium models at Replay FX. The T Rex on the premium moves around while you play before you activate it, so it seems a little more alive. The pro is just static all the time.
Home = Premium unless the extra cash is not worth it for you
Route = Pro
I only got one game on the premium because of long lines. I didn't shoot for the Raptor pen on the premium cause I wanted the T Rex to eat the ball and he did. It is very easy to active the T Rex, just shoot the Jeep a few times.
Looking forward to playing the premium in a home setting with compete code.

#102 7 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

You describe the behaviour on the Premium, no?

Yes, thanks for the catch, I corrected my post.

Long 2 days at pinburgh.

#103 7 months ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Yes, thanks for the catch, I corrected my post.

Long 2 days at pinburgh.

And you are also half wasted.

#104 7 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I would have to see and play both games but the ball eating T Rex just seems like a big nothing burger to me. The raptor pen seems nice but not a must have either. Im leaning pro for now but that could obviously change afer playing the two models.
Basically if money is no object get the premium but if it is there is damn sure nothing with owning this pro model here because it is super sweet!

Im a premium guy myself, but after looking at the main differences between the pro and the premium.....im going pro. The shots stay the same, and I agree....the Trex head does nothing for me on the premium. Im more torn about the artwork between the 2. The cab artwork is so much nicer on the premium.

#105 7 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Some toys are cool and some arent. I'm not even saying that this one isn't cool, it just didnt seem all that cool when i seen it on the dead flip stream. Seeing it in person may absolutely make me change my mind as i have done several times before. I have a friend that is getting a premium so i will be able to play the pro and premium both and see for myself if i like it or not. It's not a bad toy, i just dont know if it's worth 1700-1800 extra is all.

1800 X's 3=5400.

This is how I see it. For every three Pros over Premiums you buy, you get one more Pro.

3 Premiums or 4 Pros.

#106 7 months ago
Quoted from wesman:

1800 X's 3=5400.
This is how I see it. For every three Pros over Premiums you buy, you get one more Pro.
3 Premiums or 4 Pros.

I see it the same way also 90% of the time. Big point was AC/DC you had to get a premium for the lower playfield and not see the ugly mug.

#107 7 months ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I see it the same way also 90% of the time. Big point was AC/DC you had to get a premium for the lower playfield and not see the ugly mug.

Pirates was worse. You had to go CE to get rid of one of the worst mugs...

#108 7 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

Im a premium guy myself, but after looking at the main differences between the pro and the premium.....im going pro. The shots stay the same, and I agree....the Trex head does nothing for me on the premium. Im more torn about the artwork between the 2. The cab artwork is so much nicer on the premium.

I think the artwork on the pro is really nice as well. I cant wait to physically see both games in person.

#109 7 months ago

Nice to see someone feels the same way as I did about AC/DC - I'd pay $1500 extra just to make that face go away.

The $1,600 or so you pay extra for the premium will easily be recouped when you sell so you aren't exactly throwing money away but rather tying it up for a while. That said, when I look at actual game play, the moving T-Rex doesn't do all that much for me. Right now I'd opt for the Pro.

#110 7 months ago

Don’t know what you guys are talking about. The “face” is the best part of my pro.

2F2F5DC6-48D4-4EE5-BA3E-8A3938E6BC13 (resized).jpeg
#111 7 months ago

I switched my vote to the pro and would save for another pro such as DP. Lately Stern has kept more in the pro back when Stern would subtract spinners and PF support from the pro. Not sure that I can see another $1800 on the premium (but I do prefer the art on the premium).

#112 7 months ago

3 MODELS AVAILABLE
JURASSIC PARK PRO  - $8,850.00 (due October)
JURASSIC PARK PREMIUM - $11,500.00 (due Dec)
JURASSIC PARK L.E - $13,650.00 (due November)

What would you buy if in Australia?

PRO is superb value

US customers dont have such a large price difference therefore making PREM/LE an easy option? I am right?

#113 7 months ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

3 MODELS AVAILABLE
PRO is superb value
US customers dont have such a large price difference therefore making PREM/LE an easy option? I am right?

Are you quoting Australia dollar figures which are 1.5 to 1 US? If so that’s just $1800 US dollars more for the premium?

Hope that’s not US dollar quotes.

#114 7 months ago

I put about 10 games on at ReplayFX (2 on Premium the rest on Pro) and I honestly think you can't go wrong with either version. I'm still on the fence. I don't think you really miss out on much gameplay wise with the Pro but you do miss out on some of the ambiance of having two physical ball locks on the Premium. The TRex is a really great toy and makes the TRex modes seem more engaging. I also like the art package on the Premium better.

The advantage of the Pro is of course cost but you also have less potential to have to pull the glass off to monkey with stuff. I have a Maiden Pro and I have never had to pull the glass off to fix or adjust anything. Sometimes simplicity is better.

If money isn't an issue and the game is for home I'd say go for the Premium. If you want to save some cash or put it on route I'd go Pro. I still can't decide one way or another. I think if the Pro had the Premiums artwork I'd get a Pro for sure but I'm going to hold off and wait and wait until I can play it more and get more feedback from owners before deciding.

I do love both versions of the game and think that Keith and his team absolutely knocked this one out of the park!

#115 7 months ago
Quoted from rai:

Are you quoting Australia dollar figures which are 1.5 to 1 US? If so that’s just $1800 US dollars more for the premium?
Hope that’s not US dollar quotes.

These AUD prices

#116 7 months ago

I’ve been playing both this weekend at Pinburgh quite a bit and I am totally buying a pro. First game in a long time that I want to keep playing over and over. Amazing shots!

Love the t-Rex head moving around the premium but when I locked a ball in it I thought it was neat however nothing about it blew my mind. The Raptor pen ball lock is awesome as well as the cabinet artwork.
Both versions play amazingly well but the pro is the way to go for me.

#117 7 months ago

I’d like to get a pro to route, but at home I’d like a premium.

#118 7 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Better flow. Ramp Dino in down is pretty clunky imho.
Pro is more GO
Premium is lots of pause.
I prefer the flow in this case.
Pro still gives plenty of breathers with posts and pause points, but not to much.
And yeah. Autocorrect crap for spelling

So, on location you think definitely pro? I have no qualms putting even LE on route and in fact have 3 on route currently (AFMr, MBr, GBLE). Definitely want something fun and that will draw out the tokens but also something that won’t give me a bunch of trouble.

Eventually my routes pins usually end up on my game room so there is that too. That said I could always just sell a routed pro and pick up a HUO premium later if I really wanted it.

#119 7 months ago

A moving trex head in attract mode would grab a non pinheads attention more than a static one. Route the Le or premium.

#120 7 months ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

Stamps or baseball cards or anything cheaper than a pinball machine.

#121 7 months ago
Quoted from rai:

You are correct.

OK haven't seen that movie in like 35 years, need to watch it again, have no idea who Spalding is.

Just watched yesterday and its still so great.

#122 7 months ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

When you played them, which version did you like best..?

Pro because the lines were shorter

#123 7 months ago

“If money isn’t an issue”

#124 7 months ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

3 MODELS AVAILABLE
PRO is superb value

You guys have it easy

Here:

Pro = $10,180 NZ ($9,785 AUS)
Premium = $13,280 NZ ($12,765 AUS)
LE = $16,180 NZ ($15,550 AUS)

I'd get a Pro if I was getting one (may still do one day...)

#125 7 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’d like to get a pro to route, but at home I’d like a premium.

Do you have any machines on route now?

#126 7 months ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned but on route I’d go pro, but home, premium all the way

#127 7 months ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but on route I’d go pro, but home, premium all the way

I think u may be onto something.

#128 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think u may be onto something.

Maybe we need a new poll. I think pro for route and premium for home has been mentioned 20 times already.

#129 7 months ago

Maybe we need a new poll. I think pro for route and premium for home has been mentioned 20 times already.

I can make a general case for premium on location for players who want to see all the toys and a case for pro at home for the budget conscious and players. I think one’s answers will vary by machine.

For example, if I see a JP2 pro on location, I won’t likely put any money in. If I see a JP2 premium or LE on location, I will pump dollars in it all night. I want to see the fricking, fracking dino eat balls. Tron LE over Tron pro all day long, because of the fiber changing ramps. BKSoR prem/LE over pro because of the upper playfield (sorry pro owners). So an Op should pick the version that works best for their location.

#130 7 months ago

I’m all about the Dinosaur moving and eating the balls too,however, I imagine it will lose the cool factor quickly. For this reason I’m going to go with a pro and use the savings to fund another game.

#131 7 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I can make a general case for premium on location for players who want to see all the toys and a case for pro at home for the budget conscious and players. I think one’s answers will vary by machine.

That is 100% the way to go, and awesome way at looking at things.

I was actually just playing around about someone that posted something that has already been posted 20 times or more. Another poster kind of made a joke and I was just joining in with that with my post.

1 week later
#132 7 months ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just watched yesterday and its still so great.

just watched it the other day myself.

#133 7 months ago

thinking to go with the premium, I think it's probably not worth the extra money by adding up what all you get but I greatly prefer the art package on the premium.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside