(Topic ID: 287091)

JP2 Premium/LE vs AIQ Premium/LE - Redundant or Not?

By Hjbondar

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by NC_Pin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

#1 3 years ago

Both fun machines IMHO. I have a JP2 LE and am considering the addition of an Avengers AIQ Premium or LE. I've played both, but the latter only a few times.

I've seen a couple of comments suggesting that, from a players perspective, they somewhat redundant. I'd be interested in the opinions of those who have some time on both how similar or different you thought they were?

#2 3 years ago

It might be a little too early to make a call like that. JP is fairly mature software (V1.03 which is the eighth release, whereas AIQ is very early code (.98 maybe the third or fourth release?)

#3 3 years ago

Thanks Mark. That’s an excellent point.
I guess I was thinking more of the playfield
layout.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Hjbondar:

I guess I was thinking more of the playfield
layout.

I didn't feel any connection layout wise at all.

#5 3 years ago

own both right now JP is a better overall experience . Nothing similar about the way they play. AIQ better shooter , theme integration is weak. I think JP is the best overall package of all time ; it feels like you are chasing a dinosaur around. The shots on avengers are very satisfying , just a bit disconnected from the goals and feedback..

#6 3 years ago

Great feedback. Thanks. I’m always hesitant to post here because of all the potshotters but this is exactly what I was looking for!!!

#7 3 years ago

I own both in the pro version and I see very little similarities from a code structure or layout standpoint.

They are two very different games imo

#8 3 years ago

Own both Premiums currently and owned both Pro versions prior. Agree with the above comments. They play nothing alike.

#9 3 years ago

I have both Premiums and their Elwin pins what more do you need to know. He's the best and these two are fantastic pins and AIQ will only get better with new code updates. I have mine side by side and like others have said no similarities at all other then three flippers. These are my go to pins in my collection and compliment each other extremely well. The multiball madness that occurs in AIQ when you have five balls flying around the table is one of the best experiences I've had with a pin. There's so many shots to hit that it's just a few minutes of complete chaos. All in a good way.

1 week later
#10 3 years ago

I have them sitting side-by-side... and I see almost no similarities between the two. They are as different as Shadow and AFM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp2-premium-le-vs-aiq-premium-le-redundant-or-not?hl=nc_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.