• Latest reply 4 years ago by Peanuts
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EB907833-6A19-458D-AD81-D83B51D2E6A4.gif
F8C0AD03-D982-4389-AC4B-277AD04904EA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckymoey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Noticed that JP2 LE is now the #1 rated machine (by far) with 30 approved ratings, but the pro is only 25 with about 75 ratings. Why the disparity? Does the animated T-rex really make that much difference? Or are the rules that much harder to appreciate on location? I know it's getting the typical new love affair bump, especially from LE owners, but am not use to seeing such a difference between the models - particularly when the pro isn't bare bones.

I own an IMDN LE and will eventually buy a JP2 LE or premium after Stern clearly resolves the play field issues, so am paying attention to the machine. I played the pro several times at ReplayFx, and while very good, it didn't impress me right off the bat as being better than other recent games like IMDN, JJP POTC or even Deadpool.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It’s just because the only people rating the premium/LE are LE owners. It’ll all come out in the wash.
Hell, SMVE was #1 when it came out too.

I know, but why is the pro only #25? Not use to such a difference in models. It’s obviously a very good game but hard to guess if it will settle in the top 5 or top 25.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because the top 100 is meaningless.

I've been around long enough to take the ratings with a big grain-of-salt, but you can still get a sense by reading the comments, particularly from certain members. You learn to read between the lines, and ignore the ones that can't take the time to write something beyond "it sucks" or "it's unbelievable" It's like when we bought our first dog and the book said the breed had a "dash of independence" and what it really meant was that they were stubborn as hell. I won't buy a game without playing but there's hardly any location pinball by me so comments sometimes cause me to take a closer look - or move on. With JP2, I was just surprised to see the big gap in ratings between models since game play isn't that different. Looking forward to getting some more time on it.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Then why does it matter to you if the pro is at #25?

I'm very interested in the game, there is a big difference between 1 and 25, and a grain-of-salt doesn't mean the ratings (and comments) are of no value. I'll ultimately make my own decision after playing some more, but interested if the LE/Premium really has some significant gameplay differences justifying the ratings gap; it's not apparent to me. I get that early LE owners are going to be hot on the game, but surprised that non-owners don't like the pro more. I own an Avengers Hulk so obviously don't hang my hat on Pinside ratings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 199.00
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckymoey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp2-1-or-25?tu=luckymoey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.