• 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Spybryon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

boston.PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Well with nascar supposedly sold (we shall see this time) I am going to sell JP and make a push to get another LOTR then I am done unless we decide to trade fgy or rbion for something down the road.

Ignore the DMD not being there. I have been trying to fix the psb. I finally gave up and have a rottendog on order as we speak. The machine was fully shopped in the fall. Right afterwards the hv section crapped itself and it has sat since. I still need to get a new midbass speaker before it goes, the original was shot.

Game has:
Full set of cliffys.
Rottendog PSB
Keychain
Manual (its falling apart, but all the pages are there)
GI/CPU are fully led including all the buttons and the lights for the topper as well.
Shaker Motor
Topper

Located in Indianapolis so midwest pricing. Not in a huge rush to sell per say and yes I could come up with a number on my own, but I thought I would ask on here for a change.

http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb284/yenningcomity/JP/

#4 12 years ago

Scoop wear is really minor. I just cliffy all my games at this point though when I shop them out. Prefer the look and peace of mind, but it does get expensive. No pics of the before since it was shopped out in the fall.

#8 12 years ago

Interesting, but really guys I want to know WHEN you sold yours. I don't agree that the price has not changed, it went up from 1k-1200 after my first year in the hobby. When I bought mine last summer an average jp was going for 1300-1400.

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Sold my first one 7 years ago for 1100. Sold my second one 1.5 years ago for 1400. The first one was in nicer shape, the second one was similar in condition to yours. (LEDs (not GI though), Cliffys, minor cabinet blemishes, etc.).

It may have creeped up a little, but not insanely like some of these other titles have. It is still one of my favorite bang for the bucks out there.

Did yours have the topper? That alone is 100-150 on ebay. And I agree it hasn't risen insanely, but you might want to do a search. I am not seeing any with asking prices near what you guys are suggesting. Generally speaking I already have an idea of the value, because I know what I can get for it after I strip it down and I know what the extras are worth seperately. LEDs would be saved for LOTR.

Current Information I can gather is this.
Mr Pinball Lowest asking price is 1975 high is 2200.

Ebay Completed Looking at Sold Machines, not asking prices. 1 for 1500 with manual, but bare bones and from a homeowner probably unshopped, 1 for 2100 from a collector, and 1 for 2100 from a business. That is going back to febuary.

Boston is down so I cannot do the last 12 months.

On here, one in the market place asking 2200.

RGParchive search sucks and the new gg is even worse so not much info there. I cannot even get a recent price check to come up.

Pynball is down.

#18 12 years ago

Sorry, but I am not swayed. You are showing me the average selling price is 1400. This includes project games, unshopped games, and games without the topper. Considering I have been told to expect around 1500 working I find the advice a little unsound. I also find it a little unsound to have my starting price 175 lower than the lowest price I can find and expect to further lower it.

Not expecting the moon, but what I am finding shows me to disagree.

#21 12 years ago

To be honest when I posted I hadn't done any research. when Ralph said that the price hadn't changed much over the years I called bs and started digging. This was reaffirmed when others quoted prices they sold it for in excess of a year. I do have a good idea of what I want for the game at this point.

If you want to know I will probably list it around 1900 and will budge off that depending on how fast I want to sell. (no hurry to be frank, I will actually get to play it for a bit)

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Again, not slamming your post, just not understanding what you are getting out of the post (other than what you should "ask"). I personally say you ask $1,600, sell it for $1,600 and not deal with all the time it takes for each tire kicker to play the pricing game with you.....

I wish I could, but it doesn't matter what I list it for I will still get people wanting to haggle. If I list it for 1500 I will get people wanting it for 1300. Of the machines I have sold, only 2 have not tried to get the price lower. I sold a SWT that needed board work, but was otherwise shopped. I asked 1200 when they averaged 2k and still had people trying to explain why it was worth less. For what I was asking you could buy a replacement board and still come out 500 ahead.

#24 12 years ago

You stand by what you want to. When I got into the hobby a jp was a 1k pin. After a year it was a 1200-1300 pin. When I bought mine it was around 1400. That was a year ago.

Part of my problem with your argument is this. It is a game with some expensive parts that are not listed in your data. Topper is 100-150 on ebay. LR gearbox is often bad and is 100. Shop job is usually 50 in parts and 200 in labor if you are paying someone to do it. You never really deduct the full 250 if you buy an unshopped machine, but it does change the price. How much is up to the buyer.

I could go on, but the gist is that you are pointing at boston and go it is a 1400 game. I point everywhere else and go where is there a 1400 jp for sale? I have no qualms accepting that an unshopped jp is a 1400 dollar machine, but I have a hard time accepting that once you ensure the lr motor works, it has the topper, etc that it is still a 1400 dollar game.

I will say neither of us is wrong in this. This argument comes up often and TZ is a prime example. A nice clean TZ is anywhere from 4k-5500 depending on mods and condition. An unshopped, faded out tz, with issues is 3k+ depending on condition.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

it is one of the greatest, under rated, Data East games out there. Among the other great features of that game, System shutdown is very rewarding, it is a winner for me!

I hear you on that. Only reason I am selling is to fund lotr. I will have rbion, fgy, and lotr. Easy enough to stock parts for them and they are all titles my other half loves so they will get plenty of play.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from BillinIndiana:

Is there any way to make the pics bigger? Are those taken with a phone?

Nevermind... they're larger now.. Guess I need to be logged in.?

Pics were taken with my fiance's rebel so please don't say that to her =P

Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd probably pay $1600 for that JP, so there is probably someone out there willing to pay $100-$300 more. I don't think an ASKING price of $1900 is out of the question.

I would probably drop it more, but not 1600 unless I start pulling the leds, those cointaker domes are not cheap.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-what-to-price-it-at?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.