(Topic ID: 107099)

JP Upper flipper not hold - fixed

By Renouart

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Renouart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

On my Jurassic Park, the right upper flipper flips when the right flipper button is pressed all the way, and the lower right holds but the upper right falls back. Is it the same 9v line that holds the lower and upper, so may just be a bad connection? Or is it a separate wiring entirely and may be a separate issue from the flipper board? Any best guesses where to look?

I just fixed a problem with the lower left - it was not holding but just kept flipping when the button was held. That got fixed by resoldering the transistors on the large heat sinks to the PCB, the solder had completely given way. When that was fixed, that was when the upper right flipper problem started.
Thanks

#4 9 years ago

That's right, they are not dual wind. Thanks for the tip that they are separate circuits. But that is a little confusing to me now that I looked at the schematic. In the Pinwiki for DE, http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Data_East/Sega#Flipper_Issues, it says to only check pins CN2 6&7 for the 8v hold voltage. This suggests to me that the hold for the upper flipper runs off the same circuit as the hold for the lower flipper, or it would have its own CN2 pin. What am I not getting?

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion about the separate transistors. I checked the schematic, and resoldered SR3 (the solder had clearly failed on SR1 and SR2, which I had fixed previously) and then corrected what must be a noob only mistake - the switch at the flipper button was askew, so I bet it was not making good contact. I cleaned the contact and realigned it. Seems to be working well for now - a strong flip and it holds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Renouart.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-upper-flipper-not-hold?tu=Renouart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.