Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinballZach
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

A few days ago I finished fixing up my Jurassic Park and have really been enjoying it. Then suddenly out of nowhere I go to turn it on this morning and it starts to do the T-Rex test upon boot, I hear the Left/Right motor trying to work but the T-Rex doesn't move. I lifted the playfield and everything looks fine. I then went into diagnostics and went to the T-Rex test. It will move Up/Down and bite but won't move Left/Right and when I press a flipper button to move it, the motor makes the sound like its trying to move but the T-Rex does nothing. Any thoughts on what's going on here?

#2 2 years ago

Not sure, but if the motor's moving and T-Rex is not, I would look for a loose gear. Also recommend that you go to the Jurassic Park sub group - they may have better ideas.

#3 2 years ago

Lots of info on this if you search for it. The first step is to reflow solder on the joints on the relay board mounted beneath the playfield. Those joint are responsible for the left and right movement of t-Rex.

Start with that and report back if it doesnt solve your problem but my money says it will Good luck!

#4 2 years ago

I had to replace the motor in my old jp. Also make sure you update to the newest rom which I believe runs the trex better.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks guys, I'll take a look at those solder joints sometime this weekend.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside