Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Lonzo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zsvennyz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi

I have now used a lot of hours trying, to find out why my Left pop bumber is stuck on, I have changed the transistor on Q9 and the pre resistor, and both R123 and the other one, and the Controller chip 7402n. And it still stuck on when Power up. If i change cable With the upper pop bumper the coil, it Works fine, so the problem lies on the Board and not on PF or cables. and of course if i put the upper pop bump cable on the left pop bumper pin , then that one aslo stuck on. so there has to be a problem on the left bumper uot pin, i have tested all the transistor and they are good, so i dont know what will be the next, is it before the 7402N chip ? I did some testing With the multimeter and found out that the value out on the pin from 7402N chip was much higer than to the rest of the pre transitors. but dont know if that is a problem.

thanks

Svend

#3 7 years ago

Hi

Thanks for the reply, The switch is working in test mode, and if i can change the cable With the top or right bumper, then it Works fine, then the problem have to be on the Board, right ? Yes there where 2 bad transistors, and the chip 7402N had some failures, so thats why i changed the chip, i did change it two times to be sure it was a working one. if i take of the conector and are inn solenoids test, and i take diode test on multimeter from the pins to ground, the one to the left pop bumber have som numbers on it, all the working ones is marked at 00. one other thing is that the lanes around the R123 have a much higher number, than on the other working ones. so really dont know what it can be because if the coil is stuck, it is going to groud all the time right ?

#4 7 years ago

And what do you mean about the fuse holders ?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

1. Why wouldn't it be the wiring from the board to the solenoid? Have you checked the continuity from the board plug to the solenoid plug?
2. Not sure if the fuse holders would have anything to do with it but they are notorious on Data East machines. check proper fuses for continuity and press down on the fuses to check and see if they're cracked/broken.
3. reflow all associated pins on the board.

Hi

1. If i change the wire from left pop bumper Q9 and put it in the Place where the wire to the top bumper is ment to be Q11, then the left bumber Works fine in solenoids test if i am on the topp bumper test, so then all the wiering an diode and coil is good on the PF i assum?. And then if i take ta wire from the PF and top bumper and conect it to the left pop bumper it will do the same to the top bumper and stuck it on.

2. the fuse holder is good, i know about the DE typical Fuse trouble, but since its only one coil that is troubling, i dont think that is a issue here.

3. I had the Board of for to many times now hehe, and have changed everything. but can the failure be before the 7402N chip ?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Have you read my earlier post yet?

Yeah, but didt understand it all, but Q 11 is working fine, so then this is not a trouble then ? If i take out the Blu-Red on CN 19 Pin4, and change it With the Blu-ORG at CN 19 pin3. It Works fine to use the left bumper on the right bumber solenoid test. but i get stuck coil on the right pop if i try to conect it to CN 19 Pin 4, ( every wire i conect to Pin 4 will Lock the coil on the wire, so something is wrong out on Pin 4, but the transistor Works in the mulitmeter test from 4-6.. I have a New rottendog Board, but is to bad using it just because one solenoid failure

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zsvennyz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-stuck-coil?tu=zsvennyz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.