• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Lonzo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi

I have now used a lot of hours trying, to find out why my Left pop bumber is stuck on, I have changed the transistor on Q9 and the pre resistor, and both R123 and the other one, and the Controller chip 7402n. And it still stuck on when Power up. If i change cable With the upper pop bumper the coil, it Works fine, so the problem lies on the Board and not on PF or cables. and of course if i put the upper pop bump cable on the left pop bumper pin , then that one aslo stuck on. so there has to be a problem on the left bumper uot pin, i have tested all the transistor and they are good, so i dont know what will be the next, is it before the 7402N chip ? I did some testing With the multimeter and found out that the value out on the pin from 7402N chip was much higer than to the rest of the pre transitors. but dont know if that is a problem.

thanks

Svend

#2 3 years ago

Just spitballing here. Have you checked that the contacts arent touching. I switched out rubbers once and the new ones forced the contacts to be closed. Also, the next thing I'd do is check for continuity to the pins and then continuity on the board and any solder issues or wires inadvertantly touching. I would also reflow the solder on the board connections. Have you checked the fuse holders?

You said you switched some transistors. Did they test bad before you changed them?

Anyway. Just thinking of things you haven't mentioned. Good luck.

#3 3 years ago

Hi

Thanks for the reply, The switch is working in test mode, and if i can change the cable With the top or right bumper, then it Works fine, then the problem have to be on the Board, right ? Yes there where 2 bad transistors, and the chip 7402N had some failures, so thats why i changed the chip, i did change it two times to be sure it was a working one. if i take of the conector and are inn solenoids test, and i take diode test on multimeter from the pins to ground, the one to the left pop bumber have som numbers on it, all the working ones is marked at 00. one other thing is that the lanes around the R123 have a much higher number, than on the other working ones. so really dont know what it can be because if the coil is stuck, it is going to groud all the time right ?

#4 3 years ago

And what do you mean about the fuse holders ?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from zsvennyz:

And what do you mean about the fuse holders ?

1. Why wouldn't it be the wiring from the board to the solenoid? Have you checked the continuity from the board plug to the solenoid plug?
2. Not sure if the fuse holders would have anything to do with it but they are notorious on Data East machines. check proper fuses for continuity and press down on the fuses to check and see if they're cracked/broken.
3. reflow all associated pins on the board.

#6 3 years ago

I just looked at my manual and found a discrepancy. On page 30 it lists the driver for the top bumper as q11 and the left as q9. If you look on page 49, those two are reveresed with the top being q9 and the left being q11. Maybe q11 is the problem. I'm not at home so I can't test my board.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

1. Why wouldn't it be the wiring from the board to the solenoid? Have you checked the continuity from the board plug to the solenoid plug?
2. Not sure if the fuse holders would have anything to do with it but they are notorious on Data East machines. check proper fuses for continuity and press down on the fuses to check and see if they're cracked/broken.
3. reflow all associated pins on the board.

Hi

1. If i change the wire from left pop bumper Q9 and put it in the Place where the wire to the top bumper is ment to be Q11, then the left bumber Works fine in solenoids test if i am on the topp bumper test, so then all the wiering an diode and coil is good on the PF i assum?. And then if i take ta wire from the PF and top bumper and conect it to the left pop bumper it will do the same to the top bumper and stuck it on.

2. the fuse holder is good, i know about the DE typical Fuse trouble, but since its only one coil that is troubling, i dont think that is a issue here.

3. I had the Board of for to many times now hehe, and have changed everything. but can the failure be before the 7402N chip ?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from zsvennyz:

Hi
1. If i change the wire from left pop bumper Q9 and put it in the Place where the wire to the top bumper is ment to be Q11, then the left bumber Works fine in solenoids test if i am on the topp bumper test, so then all the wiering an diode and coil is good on the PF i assum?. And then if i take ta wire from the PF and top bumper and conect it to the left pop bumper it will do the same to the top bumper and stuck it on.
2. the fuse holder is good, i know about the DE typical Fuse trouble, but since its only one coil that is troubling, i dont think that is a issue here.
3. I had the Board of for to many times now hehe, and have changed everything. but can the failure be before the 7402N chip ?

Have you switched out the board to another DE machine? Reflowed the pins?

#9 3 years ago

Have you read my earlier post yet?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Have you read my earlier post yet?

Yeah, but didt understand it all, but Q 11 is working fine, so then this is not a trouble then ? If i take out the Blu-Red on CN 19 Pin4, and change it With the Blu-ORG at CN 19 pin3. It Works fine to use the left bumper on the right bumber solenoid test. but i get stuck coil on the right pop if i try to conect it to CN 19 Pin 4, ( every wire i conect to Pin 4 will Lock the coil on the wire, so something is wrong out on Pin 4, but the transistor Works in the mulitmeter test from 4-6.. I have a New rottendog Board, but is to bad using it just because one solenoid failure

#11 3 years ago

Did you test the Resistor bank at RA24? The signal has to go through that from the switch to the drive.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside