(Topic ID: 294320)

JP - Stern Spike Node 1 Error

By RabanzZ28

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SWARRANTY (resized).jpg
    AFAB75D3-E573-413B-A946-9E744B7CB6B6 (resized).jpeg
    1910DFD7-A705-4D8E-A3C7-D7B0B6A52172 (resized).jpeg
    D8F0114E-6176-4146-A1F2-EB02BDC4846B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rabanzz28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hey everyone.... after 5 months I finally got a new Jurassic Park Premium and it played fine with about 15 games. I bought an original OEM shaker from GameRoomGuys and installed it as I have installed 3 other Spike Shaker motors. After the install, I went through the service menu and activated the shaker. The shaker never worked..... I removed it and installed in temporarily in my Deadpool Premium pin and it worked fine. I reinstalled it in my new JP and it worked during testing. I made it all
    Nice and neat AGAIN and after turning it on after putting the glass back on.... I now get a Overcurrent Detected in Node Board 1. The shaker still won’t work and now I can’t get rid of the error. Any help?? I’ve already removed the shaker again. Aggravating!!! Thank you

1910DFD7-A705-4D8E-A3C7-D7B0B6A52172 (resized).jpeg1910DFD7-A705-4D8E-A3C7-D7B0B6A52172 (resized).jpegD8F0114E-6176-4146-A1F2-EB02BDC4846B (resized).jpegD8F0114E-6176-4146-A1F2-EB02BDC4846B (resized).jpeg
    #3 2 years ago

Yes it did come with the capacitor but I remember reading on another JP post that someone’s blew and comments were made that it was not needed and can be installed without. I did not install the capacitor.

#5 2 years ago

Thanks Lermods. Do you think the error will go away if I install the capacitor? The game actually plays fine and complete but when I turn on the pin, I get the error. Hoping this makes the error go away.

#9 2 years ago

Everything seems to work fine except I get the error message and the shaker won’t work. The pin is about 10 days old with about 25 games on it. I’m hoping Stern replaces it

#10 2 years ago

And no smell or any evidence of anything fried. Just an over current message

#13 2 years ago

Yes I also had trough error but it went away.

AFAB75D3-E573-413B-A946-9E744B7CB6B6 (resized).jpegAFAB75D3-E573-413B-A946-9E744B7CB6B6 (resized).jpeg
    #19 2 years ago

So I gotta shout out to Mike at Automated and Patrick at Stern! I sent Automated an email This AM regarding my issue and within 8 hours, the message was forwarded over to Patrick at Stern and he is making arrangements for a new Node Board to be delivered to replace the defective board. Very happy that my new pin will be back to normal. Thank you all for responding with your stories and recommendations and very happy with Automated as they stood by their customer!

#21 2 years ago

I am assuming the Node board was faulty but I will ask Patrick from Stern for his input. My shaker did come with a capacitor. I will make sure it is used when I swap boards. This OEM shaker seemed to work fine on my Deadpool when I tested it after not working on JP. Hopefully the result isn’t the same but I am optimistic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rabanzz28.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-stern-spike-node-1-error?tu=rabanzz28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.