• 12 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RonB
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys,

I have everything working on my Jurassic Park now, minus the shaker motor. I reflowed solder on the shaker motor board, replaced the TIP on the CPU board that controls power to it, and I have continuity to the shaker board from the backbox, but it does not work. I was going to just connect a battery to it to see if I could get it to turn, but I figured I'd ask here first about what to look for specifically with debugging a non-functioning shaker. Fuses and fuse clips on that board are intact. I also reflowed solder on all pins on the CPU and the relays.

#2 7 years ago

Just to be sure... is the Shaker motor setting in the adjustment menu set to ON?

#3 7 years ago

If it is off by default, then I'll have to check that out because I just replaced the batteries. I'll look now. Thanks.

#4 7 years ago

It says it is on. Oddly, I can't change any of the settings in those menus. Is there some button combination or whatnot that has to be done to change settings? Trying to set it on free play, flippers, start button, trigger, and smart missile don't do anything to allow me to change modes.

#5 7 years ago

The Start button should toggle the settings.

#6 7 years ago

For whatever reason it does not. I have newer roms on the way, perhaps that'll take care of the issue. Start button does indeed work everywhere else.

#7 7 years ago

I rewired the motor, resoldered, and added a new cap across the terminals. It works now, but seems pathetically weak.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

For whatever reason it does not. I have newer roms on the way, perhaps that'll take care of the issue. Start button does indeed work everywhere else.

Maybe your coin door interlock switch is not working. On the data east games it serves as a memory protect.

#9 7 years ago

Maybe don't try too hard to fix it until the new rom is in. I spent countless hours trying to fix an issue solved by putting in the newest rom.

#10 7 years ago

I'm going to wait on the ROMs first. I'm also curious as to the stepped motor changes with the T-Rex and the reliability being improved for grabbing the ball properly each time.

#11 7 years ago

The motor works fine now. The test mode does not fully spin the motor, but just pulses it. Now I just have to play around with the T-Rex switches to get it to go down all the way to eat the ball and I'm done!

#12 7 years ago

HA! That's what YOU think!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside