• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

nedry.png
coke.jpg
#1 11 years ago

I have a very nice Jurassic Park I'm considering selling/trading, so I just wanted to get you all confirm my idea of its inflated value. If I don't get the responses I'm hoping for, I'll throw a bit of a hissy fit and stage a fake sale to prove I'm right. Here are some helpful suggestions to consider when making your estimates:

1. Jurassic Park is currently in theaters in 3D!
2. Jurassic Park 4 is in pre-production!
3. JP (the pinball) is extremely popular and fun, great for kids and adults alike. It's so popular and fun that it sold 9,000 copies!
4. This game is extremely rare and hard to find. You will never see one like this again. Only 9,000 ever made!
5. Based on the above, JP prices are going to skyrocket soon.

Thanks for your input!

#2 11 years ago

I own one so I'd put it in the 5-6K range.

#3 11 years ago

6. Data East made it and they made a lot of them *Sad Trombone*

17-2200

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I own one so I'd put it in the 5-6K range.

Ouch. Any real opinions out there? I'm thinking of trading for a Tron LE or BIBLE.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

they made a lot of them

That just means it's incredibly popular and extremely valuable.

#6 11 years ago

Yes pin prices are crazy out of control and have been for some time. It's going to take another decade for that to trickle all the way down to DEs...sorry.

#7 11 years ago

I got $2800 for mine when I sold it about 6 months ago.

#8 11 years ago

Not sure whats with the data east hate, JP is a great game as are many other data east pin. In my opinion the value is around 1800-2000 retail in excellent condition, maybe a bit more on a good day.

#9 11 years ago

I've been looking for one for a couple months, and I've been seeing them from $1700 to $2500 with $2500 being almost perfect with topper.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from maldoror:

Not sure whats with the data east hate, JP is a great game as are many other data east pin.

They are much cheaper made, have worse art & sound, and generally not as good and remakes of W/B like JP is. But seriously they made some nice games for sure. Brother has JP always enjoy playing it.

#11 11 years ago

I own one and love it, and would rather have a JP than something that says Metallica on it. Also, the pinball machine has a shaker motor, which I am pretty sure makes it 4-D, which is way better than 3-D. Therefore, I estimate it has to be worth at least $8K.

#12 11 years ago

I'm a JP owner great fun pin, I paid 2700 and it is 8/10.

$10,000 by Christmas

#13 11 years ago

I agree with the 1700-2500 range with 2500 being a really nice example and 2k being about average.

#14 11 years ago

Mine went to a local pal for $2,000.00 & he picks it up in June so I get to play it as he finishes his basement!

I got it from Treasure Cove 6-7 years ago, nice example of the machine.

NOS topper & new L/R Trex motor & custom blade art too.

Ebay auctions

$2350
ebay.com link: JURASSIC PARK 1993 Pinball Machine Data East Excellent Condition

$2600
ebay.com link: Data East JURASSIC PARK Pinball Machine with moving T REX which captures ball

$3300
ebay.com link: JURASSIC PARK PINBALL MACHINE w TOPPER VERY NICE CONDITION 199 SHIPPING

$4200
ebay.com link: LED Jurassic Park pinball machine 1993 Data East TRICKED OUT One of a kind

I'm sure I could have sold it for more but then I'd have to deal with assholes

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soon-fs-in-stl-mo-jp-wwf-tftc-bw#post-273951

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ebay auctions

$2350 - but of a reach but no tears

$2600 - Better have been a great one

$3300 - What is the matter with you?

$4200 - Cocaine's a helluva drug

#16 11 years ago

numbies

coke.jpgcoke.jpg

#17 11 years ago

PS

Get it autographed by a Trex & sell it on ebay

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They are much cheaper made, have worse art & sound, and generally not as good and remakes of W/B like JP is. But seriously they made some nice games for sure. Brother has JP always enjoy playing it.

They are not cheaper made. No shitily made than B/W stuff is. the only one that is above and beyond in quality of build was Gottleib. DE feel and sound cheap sometimes because of the Pop housing being one piece. Flippers are just as snappy as B/W stuff. Quality of toys is the same. Actually the Dino in JP is very good build quality. B/W isn't much better overall. Boards are pretty much the same in both manufacturers.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

PS
Get it autographed by a Trex & sell it on ebay

Haha! "Signed by T-rex" would be a good way to explain major cabinet damage.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

They are not cheaper made. No shitily made than B/W stuff is. the only one that is above and beyond in quality of build was Gottleib.

Let's just agree to disagree now.
Stapling down GI strings on a game in 1993 seems pretty cheap to me.
No idea how Gottliebs quality is...they just play like total shit.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

They are not cheaper made. No shitily made than B/W stuff is. the only one that is above and beyond in quality of build was Gottleib. DE feel and sound cheap sometimes because of the Pop housing being one piece. Flippers are just as snappy as B/W stuff. Quality of toys is the same. Actually the Dino in JP is very good build quality. B/W isn't much better overall. Boards are pretty much the same in both manufacturers.

I think you're right. Certainly the quality of the components and build wasn't any worse than B/W. But DE definitely suffered from worse art and in general the PF design wasn't polished enough to stop the kinetics from feeling clunky.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

They are not cheaper made. No shitily made than B/W stuff is. the only one that is above and beyond in quality of build was Gottleib.

I've only had one Gottlieb to-date, Freddy, and that sumbitch felt as solid as a tank.

#23 11 years ago

I didn't think the art package on SW, GNR, JP, Hook, or tommy was bad at all. Least it was hand drawn art. If I had one thing to complain about for DE stuff, was the keyboard rock music versions of music on almost every game. That was kind of a PIA, but the sound system was superior to B/W. As it was a true Stereo system. POTO and GNR sounded damn good compared to the B/W sounds at the time.

#24 11 years ago

I throw GNR out becasue I think it's their best game...it's a winner all around. SW doesn't look good to me personally, but not bad. Tommy looks like an elephant blew a mustard filled load all over it.
Hook & JP look dreadful.

I don;t know if it being a "better sound system" is a moral victory for them. Their games sound really bad, I never stood back and thought, "Piss poor...but stereo!"

#25 11 years ago

Are you going to tell me Phantom of the Opera and Rocky and Bullwinkle suffer from bad art as well?

#26 11 years ago

I sold mine for 1900... No topper but perfect playfield and almost perfect cabinet. I miss it

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from maldoror:

Are you going to tell me Phantom of the Opera and rocky and bullwinkle suffer from bad art as well?

Phantom has a cool look because it looks like a very old game, that's a good one.
Rocky & bullwinkle, to me, looks pretty bad. The blue color is not my favorite, and the game itself looks, well, it looks like some pinsider made it today in their basement. I never liked colored habatrails which is a DE staple, and R&B has like 3 diff'rent colors...yuck. Of course I'd rather look at R&B then hear that horrible audio of squirrel fly-by.

#28 11 years ago

I understand but there is a big difference between art not being your personal style and art being bad or poorly made. I think Picasso made art that was not my style, no one would say he made poor art.

#29 11 years ago

Back Alley Creations working on a new T-REX. That will boost the value for sure! Really looks kick ass!!

http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20main%20frame%20page.htm

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from maldoror:

I understand but there is a big difference between art not being your personal style and art being bad or poorly made.

totally agree, and it's my belief people would generally say DEs look worse than B/W of the same era.
I don't think that's a huge leap to make. DE are not as highly ranked as B/W to most people...at some point you have to accept, or at least think, there is a reason why that is. I unsderstand thr *rabble rabble* DE haters etc....but DE have always been rated lower than B/W. Look/Theme/playability...these are all factors.

#31 11 years ago

Just had my JP shopped out with topper. I would value it at $2,136.47.

#32 11 years ago

Most DE artwork was objectively bad. I mean look at Nedry's hand FFS. And the typography on all those inserts is just terrible.

Their illustrators were simply in a B-league compared to B/W illustrators. Either that or they were given less money or less time. Either way, the final product is sub-par illustration. R&B doesn't count because they could poach existing illustrated artwork that was already great (same with B/W and Judge Dredd).

nedry.pngnedry.png

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

I mean look at Nedry's hand FFS. .

THANK YOU. And as always...Is that supposed to be Timmy on the right...i mean I literally saw this movie in 3D LAST NIGHT and I don't even know who that is.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Their illustrators were simply in a B-league compared to B/W illustrators.

No way! Those hands were drawn by the #1 pinball artist, who completely changed the industry. He was the Wilt Chamberlain of his time:

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

No way! Those hands were drawn by the #1 pinball artist, who completely changed the industry. He was the Wilt Chamberlain of his time:
» YouTube video

Bwaahahahahaa

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

Back Alley Creations working on a new T-REX. That will boost the value for sure! Really looks kick ass!!

nice!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I own one and love it, and would rather have a JP than something that says Metallica on it. Also, the pinball machine has a shaker motor, which I am pretty sure makes it 4-D, which is way better than 3-D. Therefore, I estimate it has to be worth at least $8K.

I give a sarcastic answer to a sarcastic thread and get a thumbs down? Lighten up, man.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

» YouTube video

What a massive douche. "Don't ask me about it because I don't really care about it but listen to me grossly inflate the significance and coolness of this part of my past."

#39 11 years ago

And dont email him, because he is too busy otherwise saving the world. Ha ha.

#40 11 years ago

Is that video legit? wow.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I give a sarcastic answer to a sarcastic thread and get a thumbs down? Lighten up, man.

Shouldn't take a thumbs down so seriously...lighten up

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I like the Data East/Sega games. I have games from all the big names, and I have to say I like them all, But Hands down the build quality on my Stargate (Gottlieb) blows them all away, including the almighty Bally/Williams. Gottlieb system 3's were built like a tank, and you have to love it when the underside of the playfield has the fuse values, parts, etc. printed on it so you don't have to look in the manual every time you are working on a game.

#43 11 years ago

$1,200 to $2,500

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

THANK YOU. And as always...Is that supposed to be Timmy on the right...i mean I literally saw this movie in 3D LAST NIGHT and I don't even know who that is.

That's obviously Chaka from Land of the lost. Duh.

#45 11 years ago

after watching that video, the value of all those games immediately went down $500 to me.

What a donkey!

#46 11 years ago

I'm actually a fan of JP. The jackpot ladder is awesome. Scoring the 600-million super jackpot with all six balls in play is one of the coolest jackpots I have ever collected (only once ever too - usually I collect it with 3-4 balls in play (300-400 million)). The use of the shaker motor to simulate T-rex steps is awesome as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 18.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.