• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chammond
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hey Pinsiders,

I just purchased a NIB JP Premium, but after unboxing the trex head does not work. The "home" position is in the wrong location so trex cannot eat the ball, which is pretty important on the machine. I manually tested that all of the switches work, and validated that the horizontal switch for trex triggers when trex moves. But I am stumped on what to do next. The very first game on the machine had this issue.

Talking to stern support it seems like there might be something wrong with switch 68. I went ahead and purchased a replacement switch, but even after replacing I am having the same issues.

Has anyone encountered the same issue and any thoughts on how to fix or debug further? I am tempted to rebuild the entire assembly, but it is rather complex and I do not know if it would work.

PS - This is my first machine so I thought I was doing myself a favor and buying new. Please let me know if I have posted incorrectly and if so, my apologies.

#3 3 years ago

Have you gone through the recentering? Diagnostics then Game then hori and Vert?

#4 3 years ago

Thanks for the helps. I believe the game code is the latest (although I did not update it).

The game code is: V1.03.0 | SYS. 2.60.0 | OS. 2.00.18

Not sure if I have recentered it or not? I have done the diagnostics horizontal and vertical, but neither of them are successful. I will take some videos and upload them soon. When I run the horizontal the trex head moves, but the center location is wrong. Similarly, when I run vert it starts with "homing motors", but it homes to the wrong location. Such that when I try to go to the lowest jaw placement it gets stuck on the track rather than the head entering the track.

Is there an adjustment to modify where the head goes? It seems like if I could tell the software to go another click or two on the stepper after homing motors than everything would work perfectly.

#5 3 years ago

Thanks everyone and Stern. After replacing the switch 68 and then running the alignment procedure the head is working well. Alignment procedure can be found here.

https://images.pinside.com/f/5f/86/f5f86e26dae73c9660aed780a3d3baa2461b448e.pdf

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-premium-trex-head-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.