(Topic ID: 276016)

JP Premium- Is this the cause of my 50% ball launch failures?

By teksavy

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CB4344AA-3435-4E19-B7FF-2542FD17480A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Hi all:

I'm trying to get a clear understanding of why my new Jurassic Park Premium is failing 50% of the ball launches- both from the automatic launcher as well as manual pull? Could this misaligned metal ramp be the issue?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2 3 years ago

What's the build date? Friday or Monday

#3 3 years ago

For me the fix was simple - put a washer underneath that ramp's left screw there. Solid now for me damn near every time whereas it was about 50/50 prior.

CB4344AA-3435-4E19-B7FF-2542FD17480A (resized).jpegCB4344AA-3435-4E19-B7FF-2542FD17480A (resized).jpeg
#4 3 years ago

Man those 2 pics look very diff'rent! Why does the OPs look like the metal was put on a Grinder?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from teksavy:

Hi all:
I'm trying to get a clear understanding of why my new Jurassic Park Premium is failing 50% of the ball launches- both from the automatic launcher as well as manual pull? Could this misaligned metal ramp be the issue?[quoted image]

It may not be the misalignment of the ramp. Well a part of the problem, but could be like TheLaw said: the cut of the metal ramp with a grinder. Wow looks like from two different companies or same company two different shifts.

#6 3 years ago

That junk around the edge wipes off - mine looked the same before some elbow grease

#7 3 years ago

Thank you everyone! I'll try the washer trick. Surprising for a brand new machine.

#8 3 years ago

We are all struggling with the Success rate for launch of the ball, and there are a few things folks have tried to help. The washer trick is one of the most successful mods which seems to help.

Related, I think Stern knew this area was a problem as theY mysteriously ship all machines with a weaker GREEN spring, rather that the ORANGE one in their specification. I can’t help but believe that they tried to increase ball launch success by removing some of the power of the shooter.

Or just coincidence?

#9 3 years ago

Why does it look like the metal fits so poorly in the routed out wood? Are all new Sterns like this?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from teksavy:

Thank you everyone! I'll try the washer trick. Surprising for a brand new machine.

Do a slow motion video of the ball launch. That will help you out a lot. I had a bent ball guide that made the ball ricochet on a kiss once. Slo mo helped me out big time. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 10,899.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,599 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, MA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 19.50
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Aldie, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jp-premium-is-this-the-cause-of-my-50-ball-launch-failures and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.